10.4.6 Upgrade Released

skyliner34

211 posts in this topic

Looks as if the GMA950 works well when running this 10.4.6 patchwork, but the GMA900 doesn´t. Seems odd though.

Hey guys, I have made the update with the 10.4.5 description and it worked fine for me. Only thing is: with 10.4.4 my GMA900 is working perfectly. With the update, my grafikchip isen't supported. Now, witch kext i have to take from the 10.4.4?? Is it IOGraphik or what?? Thanks for your help..

PS: I have tryed a lot of kext.. but no sucsess till now!

Looks as if the GMA950 works well when running this 10.4.6 patchwork, but the GMA900 doesn´t. Seems odd though.

is there something that gives you an indication that gma 900 is not working for you, after the 10.4.6 myzar update?

i'm fine, according to system profiler's: hardware: graphics and displays listing.

kaos

is there something that gives you an indication that gma 900 is not working for you, after the 10.4.6 myzar update?

i'm fine, according to system profiler's: hardware: graphics and displays listing.

kaos

Wah.... oO my gma900 is not working, too!!! installed the cracked update, rebooted, and it works! BUT....

if i boot normal NOW, there is a screen with a destroyed login window!!! i can not read it!! and if i boot into safe-mode the graphic is normal! i think its a problem with qe or ci because in safe-mode there is no qe and ci! please help me with this damn problem! i don't want to boot into safe-mode every time!

:(

See post #178 and others.

kaos

cool - downloadin' on my mac mini now :)

Who is going to suicide their OSX86 install to test then? ;) ;) (not me btw - this thing is setup just how I like it!)

=V=

already tried, the installer froze the system at the end of the install of the update

See post #178 and others.

Very odd, since mine is working fine after the Myzar update (ignore my sig, I haven't updated it yet).

GMA900 + Myzar 10.4.6 patch working perfectly. Still haven't re-enabled the disabled frameworks though, because the first time I did it killed my system.

Very odd, since mine is working fine after the Myzar update (ignore my sig, I haven't updated it yet).

GMA900 + Myzar 10.4.6 patch working perfectly. Still haven't re-enabled the disabled frameworks though, because the first time I did it killed my system.

testing on the disabled framework folders with regards to my intel setup.

1.replaced Quartz Framework folder. OK

2.replaced Quartz Core folder. OK

3.replaced Core Audio folder OK

4.replaced OpenGL folder, but had to add the original "GLEngine.bundle" file back to the resources folder for it to be OK.

Otherwise, you get small horizontal color lines at boot and it stops there.

Do not replace:

1.Carbon Framework folder PROBLEMS

2.Core Services folder PROBLEMS

3.Application Services folder PROBLEMS

hope this helps

kaos

If you have 2 Partions. ie 4.3 and a 4.5, make your 4.5 part fresh :(

then form the 4.3 download the myzar patch :censored2: and run from 4.3 select your 4.5 part, let it install then reboot

and your in 4.6 baby, no messing around with update_prebinding -root / -force here

yea baby

@ Myzar your the king dude :)

Promotes Myzar to the new Maxxuss

ahhahaha

Quick question:

Would there be any benefit for someone (such as myself) running an AMD processor (Sempron 2800+) and an ATI 9600 card to upgrade to 4.6? I'm not too steeped on all of the "framework" discussions, so I'm unsure if there would be any benefit.

The only issue that I'm really experiencing is the mouse tearing. Other than that, my system is mint. I'd hate to risk fubar-ing it for no real benefit.

Thanks.

testing on the disabled framework folders with regards to my intel setup.

1.replaced Quartz Framework folder. OK

2.replaced Quartz Core folder. OK

3.replaced Core Audio folder OK

4.replaced OpenGL folder, but had to add the original "GLEngine.bundle" file back to the resources folder for it to be OK.

Otherwise, you get small horizontal color lines at boot and it stops there.

Do not replace:

1.Carbon Framework folder PROBLEMS

2.Core Services folder PROBLEMS

3.Application Services folder PROBLEMS

hope this helps

kaos

Thanks, I may try them later tonight, but then again, I may not since everything seems to be working fine without them.

After update fast user swiching is not working. After swich user i back to my own account and i have fullscreen default wallpaper, wich is under logon window. i hear the sounds, and can logout by the keyboard shortcut but i can't see my desktop.

I have AMD64 witt only SS2.

I just installed the 10.4.6 update onto my mac mini and thought I wonder what its done to the hackintoshs!...

I've just sold mine and installed boot camp for windoze and it sooooo nice.

This is so off topic its great!

Right what I want to say is the updates are for macs so I'd work with the if it ain't broke don't fix it, my mate has 10.4.0 on his ibook all works fine, don't worry about updates it ain't windows world!!

I do miss the hacking in a way, maybe i'll get a pc laptop... ;-)

Guest goodtime

OSX86, HowTo- GMA900 graphics working on 10.4.6 Intel Mac

How to get GMA900 working on 10.4.6 with QE and CI:

From 10.4.5 kext copy this file AppleIntel915.kext to your Desktop:

Control-Click on AppleIntel915.kext -> Show Package Contents -> Contents -> open "Info.plist" (open using Text Edit or Property List Editor) Property List Editor comes with Xcode/Developer Tools.

Under IODVDBundlename change "AppleIntel915DVDDriver" to "AppleIntelGMA950VADriver"

Under IOGLBundleName change "AppleIntel915GLDriver" to "AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver"

Under IOCFPlugInTypes/ACCF0000-0000-0000-0000-000a2789904e change "AppleIntel915GA.plugin" to "AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin"

Move these Kext's from System/Library/Extensions to your trash [select them in Finder and Cmd-Delete] (Authenicate using your Admin Password):

AppleIntel915GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntel915GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

Now copy the modified "AppleIntel915.kext" back to your system from Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app using this command:

sudo cp -R ~/Desktop/AppleIntel915.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

Type Admin Password.

Reboot. If everything went well you'll something like this under System Profiler:

Intel GMA 900:

Chipset Model: GMA 900

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2582

Revision ID: 0x0004

Displays:

Display:

DELL 2001FP:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Enjoy having your GMA 900 Video working. DVD will now Launch. Quartz Extreme and Core Image are now fully functional.

Sincerely,

Goodtime

Todd's Tech Podcast

Keyword: toddcast @ iTunes

http://art5dog.com/techcast