10.4.6 Upgrade Released

skyliner34

211 posts in this topic

working fine for me with the qUIXOS guide

then ive noticed that it locked my extensions + framework directory easy to unlock via second click and unlock

but what is the best is that it works copying ATI extensions + opengl.framework into respectives directory :(

so now im running 10.4.6 video drivers :) better performance

Right. It didnt work for me. When I booted the first time after installing, it would just stick on the gray screen with the apple logo. So I rebooted and tired -s & -v(3rd reboot), and I get a panic - Unable to find driver for this platform 'ACPI'

Re installing OSX now, will try the 10.4.6 update again with a clean install of 10.4.5

I'm just going to download the already patched DVD. The whole make a new kernel and all those commands is too much for me to understand. I download it already done for me unless someone can make a really simple guide.

Got a quick question, on page 3 of this post there were "simple" update instructions that i used to aplly to my working .4.5 install. no security updates were applied, this was after fresh install from .4/.5 dvd prepatched. Everything went great. XCPT, i cannot mount disk images now?!?!?! Ive read every post about this, only similiar thread was that someone could still mount disk images. Has anyone had the ame porblem i have. Can I avoid doing a fresh install. i have a gazillion apps configured and isntalled and i cant lose my prefs. well, i can, but i just dont really want to.

info:

P4 HTT dual 2.8ghz dual cores, genuine intel. the "special files, including replace.sh" were only 3 megs in size, am i missing something here?????

Myzar's pkg worked just like a normal one for me.

except it asked for my password when I restarted....whats up with that?

the autologin not working is in since the first sec update i guess you were running a pure 10.4.5 so you didn't see it yet

Right. It didnt work for me. When I booted the first time after installing, it would just stick on the gray screen with the apple logo. So I rebooted and tired -s & -v(3rd reboot), and I get a panic - Unable to find driver for this platform 'ACPI'

Re installing OSX now, will try the 10.4.6 update again with a clean install of 10.4.5

That's weird we have the same cpu even tho mine is a venice and i'm on nforce3 too i've really no idea that would explain it

the autologin not working is in since the first sec update i guess you were running a pure 10.4.5 so you didn't see it yet

You can regain the autologin by first creating a backup of the loginwinow to loginwindow.bak. Then run myzar's 10.4.6 pkg patch. Once the patch is complete reboot with -s and replace the new loginwindow with the loginwindow.bak.

I haven't tried this but I am pretty sure it will work because that is how it was fixed when upgrading from 10.4.4 to 10.4.5.

SammyOSX86 yes it works for sure : tested warcraft3 (using rosetta) a real gain of performance about 5 FPS

i can score under benchmark but as i dont have a standard value it will be non sense.

Then i cant confirm if JAS patch keep the new 10.4.6 if it doesnt just manually replace the ATI extensions + !! the framework else u have a black screen after windowlogin

Ps littlepr doesnt work for loginwindow already tried, just reinstall 10.4.5 DVD as i did or 10.4.6 but cant confirm!

That's weird we have the same cpu even tho mine is a venice and i'm on nforce3 too i've really no idea that would explain it

How long did you have to wait for OSX to boot the first time after the update installed?

I'm just about to install again in a clean install of 10.4.6. So i'll wait for your response.

You can regain the autologin by first creating a backup of the loginwinow to loginwindow.bak. Then run myzar's 10.4.6 pkg patch. Once the patch is complete reboot with -s and replace the new loginwindow with the loginwindow.bak.

I haven't tried this but I am pretty sure it will work because that is how it was fixed when upgrading from 10.4.4 to 10.4.5.

so the trick is to use the loginwindow from 10.4.4?

so the trick is to use the loginwindow from 10.4.4?

Well,

That is how it was fixed back when upgrading from 10.4.4. to 10.4.5. Maybe they changed something in the loginwindow in this update that will not allow you to you use the 10.4.4 loginwindow.

Once I finish downloading your pkg I will experiment myself and get back to you with my results.

That will probably be later on today or sometime tomorrow.

10.4.6. works fine on my system

installed 10.4.6 on a 10.4.5. from a 10.4.3 install

then put kext from 10.4.5 update maxxuss back

now all works exept 900 gma and system profile doesn't work

Yeah, shame us AMD users cant use the extensions and frameworks that are placed in the backup folders.

Lets hope Maxxuss will come up with something

10.4.5 no security updates added.

10.4.6 myzar update.

Everything working.

Much appreciated myzar

thanks

kaos

Used the myzar pkg on a 10.4.5 install. All went well. Tried some of the new frameworks one by one on a P4 (SSE2 only) system. Could not boot with each of them. Went back to the 10.4.5 versions. All is working fine.

May try later with all of them at once (except OpenGL as I know this one screws up on my Radeon 7500)

Skyline 34 dixit:

Is it me, or doesent the search bar in finder work in 10.4.6?

Skeewiff says:

Worx here.

One question: I lost the flip effect in the widgets not the other effect (the water-like effect when u drag them) Anybody experiments the same?