10.4.6 Upgrade Released

skyliner34

211 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

I have downloaded the JaS.Updated.Intel.Auto-Patcher for 10.4.6.

It is a folder containing various files that are meant to update a 10.4.4 restore DVD to a new 10.4.6 install DVD.

Among the various files contained in the folder, there is one called 10.4.6.decrypted.pkg.

Since many of you (like me) would probably like to directly update their system from 10.4.5 to 10.4.6, maybe the solution would be installing the MacOSXUpd10.4.6Intel (the original update file from Apple) first, and then, before rebooting, installing the 10.4.6.decrypted.pkg. I think that this would overwrite the encrypted files and solve every problem in one simple step!

What do you guys think about it?

For Myzar: can you release a ppf for your 10.4.5 dvd ???? please ? I know that I am asking mutch , but by now, even I am using a P4 630 your dvd was the only one that was working like a dream.... And, as a sugestion - if it is possible, ca you put on the install disc some selection like:

- p4

- athlon 64

-sse3

-sse2?

and by selecting for instance p4 and sse3 to have a os for a p4 with sse3 suuport ???

Using 10.4.6.decrypted.pkg , after rebooting , activity monitor and button at right top corner not work including sportlight ... Here is my xbench marks...

Results 48.80

System Info

Xbench Version 1.2

System Version 10.4.6 (8I1119)

Physical RAM 1024 MB

Model ADP2,1

Drive Type Maxtor 6Y120P0

CPU Test 53.19

GCD Loop 100.82 5.31 Mops/sec

Floating Point Basic 60.64 1.44 Gflop/sec

vecLib FFT 29.76 981.72 Mflop/sec

Floating Point Library 65.81 11.46 Mops/sec

Thread Test 73.71

Computation 80.68 1.63 Mops/sec, 4 threads

Lock Contention 67.85 2.92 Mlocks/sec, 4 threads

Memory Test 90.18

System 67.33

Allocate 45.95 168.73 Kalloc/sec

Fill 97.66 4748.30 MB/sec

Copy 79.65 1645.18 MB/sec

Stream 136.54

Copy 124.78 2577.34 MB/sec

Scale 124.68 2575.91 MB/sec

Add 151.22 3221.28 MB/sec

Triad 150.40 3217.36 MB/sec

Quartz Graphics Test 36.89

Line 40.91 2.72 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 26.16 7.81 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 28.75 2.34 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 65.42 1.65 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 43.83 2.74 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 31.62

Spinning Squares 31.62 40.11 frames/sec

User Interface Test 40.61

Elements 40.61 186.36 refresh/sec

Disk Test 60.14

Sequential 90.12

Uncached Write 91.07 55.92 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 95.74 54.17 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 75.94 22.22 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 102.15 51.34 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 45.13

Uncached Write 16.48 1.74 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 117.15 37.50 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 85.52 0.61 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 129.31 23.99 MB/sec [256K blocks]

For Myzar: can you release a ppf for your 10.4.5 dvd ???? please ? I know that I am asking mutch , but by now, even I am using a P4 630 your dvd was the only one that was working like a dream.... And, as a sugestion - if it is possible, ca you put on the install disc some selection like:

- p4

- athlon 64

-sse3

-sse2?

and by selecting for instance p4 and sse3 to have a os for a p4 with sse3 suuport ???

I can't until maxxuss releases a new amd_enabler for 10.4.6 and possibly 10.4.6 decrypted files like translate & translated to not use 10.4.4/5 files. I've no interest to release something that only works on intel

I have installed the 10.4.6 UPdate and then the decyrpted package ... but i think the version of the file are the older one, not compatible with 10.4.6 , many problems ....

All seem to be alright before rebooting, then after reboot ... ^^^

post-23385-1144325702_thumb.png

i see...maybe didnt even tryed his DVD :) i hope a proper 10.4.6 patch can be done by maxxuss. Myabe this patch only use the old 10.4.5 decrypted file which is a bad bad thing

btw what is ur video card?

Has anyone tried it from a clean install?. I dont understand the comments on Demonnnnn. It says it makes a 10.4.4 DVD into a 10.4.6 DVD so that you can install it. But then it says that the autopatcher has to be run from insude 10.4.5. How do you do that if you've installed a fresh copy of 10.4.6.

Or is he talking about the ppf patcher should be run from 10.4.5?

I'm gonna try a fresh install later after the download has finished.

Sky

Still cant get past the Blue Screen with black mouse poitnter, i Belive this Deffinately needs maxxuss CPUID_Patches befor this will boot on amd, prehaps even new set of Anti TPM Patches as well, if anyone else on AMD gets any further let me know

I am on #osx86, on irc.macspeak.net :)

either as Apple / V

Ben

Still cant get past the Blue Screen with black mouse poitnter, i Belive this Deffinately needs maxxuss CPUID_Patches befor this will boot on amd, prehaps even new set of Anti TPM Patches as well, if anyone else on AMD gets any further let me know

I am on #osx86, on irc.macspeak.net :)

either as Apple / V

Ben

That's what you get to not listen to wise people ;P

MYzar i dont think it's linked to AMD...I bet this JAS patch only use old maxxuss patch and decrypted file and wont be a real 10.4.6 install and should create a lot of problem for users...let's see if someone can get it to work under a proper install

MYzar i dont think it's linked to AMD...I bet this JAS patch only use old maxxuss patch and decrypted file and wont be a real 10.4.6 install and should create a lot of problem for users...let's see if someone can get it to work under a proper install

it's related to amd i'm stuck at the same point trying to use a mix of new and old files, you are right about jas patch using old files etc but this is all related if you try on an intel cpu, if you try on amd you'll not go further the blue screen because coregraphics , ogl and more needs to be patched to remove the new cpuid {censored}.

I hope sj will suffer a painfull and slowdeath :)

myzar maybe u missed sthg...i have an intel cpu copying the ATI drivers from 10.4.6 didnt work for me either same problem i think it's linked to a cpuidcrap of EFI thing even with INTEL...

only works for SSE3 maybe...Evenso i dont expect sthg good from that 10.4.6 home made and mixed update!

myzar maybe u missed sthg...i have an intel cpu copying the ATI drivers from 10.4.6 didnt work for me either same problem i think it's linked to a cpuidcrap of EFI thing even with INTEL...

only works for SSE3 maybe...Evenso i dont expect sthg good from that 10.4.6 home made and mixed update!

Well for that guy it's hopeless since he's on amd , about you it would be easy to understand if the ati drivers are crapping out just boot with -x or if that fails with -s and remove the ati kexts

dont worry for me i switched back to 10.4.5 drivers

and yep the -x did the trick and allowed me to copy back the 10.4.5 drivers only kept the ATI RADEON 9700.kext from 10.4.6 so im not in a hurry to install that mixed up whole JAS patch thing.

Myzar, i know it dosnt work on amd yet, i was trying to see if there was a soloution we can all find :) and i have a 10.4.3 backup anway so it really dosnt matter :) was just trying things out :)

prehaps you could do the cpuid patchs since you seem to know so much

yours faithfully

Ben

Myzar, i know it dosnt work on amd yet, i was trying to see if there was a soloution we can all find :) and i have a 10.4.3 backup anway so it really dosnt matter :) was just trying things out :)

prehaps you could do the cpuid patchs since you seem to know so much

yours faithfully

Ben

No i'm not skilled enough to do that and maxxuss didn't explain anything about how he finds them on the binaries, i'm sure he wrote some auto tool that scans every binaries and writes the location on the cpuid.txt, doing it manually it would be just insane

@ Myzar

you try on amd you'll not go further the blue screen because coregraphics , ogl and more needs to be patched to remove the new cpuid {censored}.

prehaps if you inject the old 4.4/4.5 Core Graphics, OGL, CoreAudio, Diskabriation, mDNSResponder, etc from 4.4/4.5, then prehaps this is a way to get it to boot on AMD, useing the current Maxxuss Patches.....

Thats my idear....are you skilled enough todo that?

@ Myzar

you try on amd you'll not go further the blue screen because coregraphics , ogl and more needs to be patched to remove the new cpuid {censored}.

prehaps if you inject the old 4.4/4.5 Core Graphics, OGL, CoreAudio, Diskabriation, mDNSResponder, etc from 4.4/4.5, then prehaps this is a way to get it to boot on AMD, useing the current Maxxuss Patches.....

Thats my idear....are you skilled enough todo that?

I've tried that. i get the loginwindow, but when i click my username to login windowserver crashes and i'm dropped to the text console, maybe i've missed a file or the os doesn't like the mix dunno, but this would be the last resort hopefully maxxuss will come out with a new amd enabler sooner or later

I've tried that. i get the loginwindow, but when i click my username to login windowserver crashes and i'm dropped to the text console, maybe i've missed a file or the os doesn't like the mix dunno, but this would be the last resort hopefully maxxuss will come out with a new amd enabler sooner or later

right ok myzar :poster_oops: this is good news