10.4.6 Upgrade Released

skyliner34

211 posts in this topic

right ok myzar :poster_oops: this is good news

I've got a {censored} 10.4.6 to work using the old files so this is an option if maxxuss doesn't release anything but i'm sure he will. windowserver was crashing because i forgot the update_prebinding command

I've got a {censored} 10.4.6 to work using the old files so this is an option if maxxuss doesn't release anything but i'm sure he will. windowserver was crashing because i forgot the update_prebinding command

so you have a stable release now.... or still haveing problems with window server? post the details dude so us technicaly minded can follow in your footsteps

ben

so you have a stable release now.... or still haveing problems with window server? post the details dude so us technicaly minded can follow in your footsteps

ben

I've compiled a pkg but i don't get why update_prebinding fails during install and you'll have to boot with -s and run the command again, in single mode it works fine mhhhh

So far, i can update to 10.4.6 and just have a failing mounting of image ...but i still wonder why i can't update_prebinding in single user mode , i have to do this by booting from disc and use the terminal inside .... = =

So far, i can update to 10.4.6 and just have a failing mounting of image ...but i still wonder why i can't update_prebinding in single user mode , i have to do this by booting from disc and use the terminal inside .... = =

Prolly because you don't mount the partition rw , i got everything working but like every other update the installer fails at the end and i've to update prebinding with -s. I really wonder wtf is wrong with this retarded os and if this happens with amd only

myzar does it work with ATI video card?

so typing like maxxuss -s the fsck -fy etc works?

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?s=...indpost&p=90744

Wasn't sure if he went from 4.4 to 4.6. or 4.5 to 4.6.

Anyhow, followed his instructions.

To be safe, since I was going from 4.5 to 4.6, after running the Jas "10.4.6.decrypted.pkg" only, replaced the kernel, login window and (mkext and kextcache) from my working 4.5 system. Repaired disk permissions. Rebooted

10.4.6 running

915 kext not recognized, and no ci and qe

disk images mount fine

thanks Jas and user2

kaos

I've finally got a working pkg that will work on Amd & intel , for amd we can't use all the frameworks from 10.4.6 since maxxuss hasn't cracked them yet.

My strategy is to install the incompatible frameworks in frameworks_10.4.6_disabled so intel users can copy them if they want and amd users can enjoy a working system.

I will post it on pb today

I've finally got a working pkg that will work on Amd & intel , for amd we can't use all the frameworks from 10.4.6 since maxxuss hasn't cracked them yet.

My strategy is to install the incompatible frameworks in frameworks_10.4.6_disabled so intel users can copy them if they want and amd users can enjoy a working system.

I will post it on pb today

Myzar,

Will this be a patch for the 10.4.4 restore disc or a script to run on a previous 10.4.4/10.4.5 install?

I'll be waiting!!!

Myzar,

Will this be a patch for the 10.4.4 restore disc or a script to run on a previous 10.4.4/10.4.5 install?

I'll be waiting!!!

It will be a normal standalone pkg like the original apple one to be run in a working 10.4.5 install