10.4.6 Upgrade Released

skyliner34

211 posts in this topic

thanks a lot myzar... works greAt!!!!!... after update i just lost and just restore back my 10.4.5 kext for stigmatel 9220 audio ..and its just works... thanks again.... now.... to try this in my acer travelmate 2410...

ps... thanks also for releasing it at tpb... i have difficulty registering in the hell :gathering: site..

Update. Got the laptop home... and discovered all was not fine. Noticed wireless card wasn't picked up. Further searching into the problem discovered no PC cards were being picked up... errors in -v boot up showed it was freaking out while loading the pc and pci bridge. Restored my 10.4.5 kexts. no go. made a bigger mess. reinstalling soon as I get the rest of this stuff backed up using macdrive.

I think i'll stick with 10.4.5 for now.

the frameworks folder, how do I add the frameworks disabled files to that one?

it says its protected or something lik ethat

if your dragging and dropping folders as opposed to using Terminal:

1.make sure you have read/write capabilities.

2.backup what your going to replace.

3.delete unwanted folders

4.then add new folders

if you drag and drop trying to REPLACE some or all of these folders, you will get the error message

kaos

Also the preview in iPhoto doesn´t work for me now (it worked in 10.4.5)

Any ideas? Something related to the OpenGL? .I don´t know.

Same here, Widgets lost the flip effect, though the ripple effect is still there

I don't know how to change a folder from "read only " to "read and write"

also, it woudln't allow me to put those files in the frameworks, but when I do try, thats when it f***s up my computer and it hangs at the startup.

I don't know how to change a folder from "read only " to "read and write"

also, it woudln't allow me to put those files in the frameworks, but when I do try, thats when it f***s up my computer and it hangs at the startup.

Here's an example:

1.Highlight the folder

2.Command i or right-click and choose get info

3.should bring up the same box as picture I have enclosed

4.in window bottom, look for Ownership & Permissions. click on drop arrow

5.click on Details drop arrow

6.click on lock icon to unlock

7.change owner from "system" to your name using drop arrows

8.above "Details" it should now say You can "Read & Write"

9.If you want to apply these same permissions to everything within the folder, select at bottom "Apply to enclosed items" and o.k. it.

10.close window

hope that helps

kaos

post-7975-1144562165_thumb.jpg

well, now I know how to do that.

only problem is, I"m back to 10.4.5 because when I even TRIED to put the frameworks in there, it woudln't work, but then it would f*** up my boot after I rebooted it.

well, now I know how to do that.

only problem is, I"m back to 10.4.5 because when I even TRIED to put the frameworks in there, it woudln't work, but then it would f*** up my boot after I rebooted it.

Are you working from more than 1 bootable system?

I've replaced some of the disabled framework folders also, and they have caused my system to be unbootable, but I did backup before I replaced, and am able to boot up fine.

kaos

Hi, guys.

I've applied everything and it works great.

Though, maybe I'm very ignorant, but I don't know how to copy the Frameworks_disabled files into the normal Frameworks directory.

Does anybody know how to do this simple thing? that would help me a lot.

Thank you very much! :pirate2:

PS: Myzar, complimenti e grazie ancora una volta per il tuo preziosissimo contributo alla nostra comunità! :)

A general note if you are on intel and copy back the disabled frameworks make sure to run from a terminal Before rebooting or booting with -s after

sudo update_prebinding -force -root /

i'm almost sure that not running that command was what caused the total hosed system

@ B512 Grazie mille :pirate2:

Myzar AMD patched worked with me and solved my big problem with network card

i have 10.4.6 , my problem was, every time i restared the OS detect a new ethernet pci card and have to apply changes to work , so when i checked the pci list in the network it was over 50 card listed , imagine if i used the OS dialy one time so it will be 365 card listed within one year , but i am restarting the pc ovr 10 times aday ,so how many card will be listed > i am happy now with new 10.4.6 :)

thank you

Myzar - I just applied the patch, and I can't thank you enough. My machine was already running beautifully, but now it zooms. You, Maxxuss, and Jas are absolutely amazing. I cannot find much of a performance difference for any tasks between my setup and a stock MacBook Pro. I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 which has almost identical hardware as the MBP. The only thing I cannot get to work is the SigmaTel sound card, but I have found a workaround - I have a Logitech USB headset, and it works like a charm. Thanks again for another great patch!!!

Here's a summary of my XBench Data:

Results 59.36

System Info

Xbench Version 1.2

System Version 10.4.6 (8I1119)

Physical RAM 1536 MB

And I'm running on this hardware:

Dell E1505

1.66 GB Duo Core, Duo Core Disabled (Reported as 1.8 GHz)

1.5 GB Ram

40GB HD (6GB hfs+, 5GB NTFS, 25GB fat32)

--

Machine Name: E1505

Machine Model: ADP2,1

CPU Type: Genuine Intel® CPU T2300 @

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 1.8 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 2 MB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS TM EST

Memory: 1.5 GB

Bus Speed: 533 MHz

Boot ROM Version: A03 (Dell Inc.)

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x27a2

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display:

Guys,

Got 10.4.6 to work. Myzar, you are an Angel. Everything is working.

It takes forever to boot though over 1 minute (in comparison to 10.4.5 which took 18 seconds). When I do a -v I see that it Finds the Display. Then it waits for like 30 -40 seconds before it says IOkit timeout or something like that (cant tell you for sure as it happens so fast). and then starts the windowserver. The loginwindow asks for password, not sure why.

Is there anyway to figure out what its waiting on?

It takes forever to boot though over 1 minute (in comparison to 10.4.5 which took 18 seconds). When I do a -v I see that it Finds the Display. Then it waits for like 30 -40 seconds before it says IOkit timeout or something like that (cant tell you for sure as it happens so fast). and then starts the windowserver.

Having the same problem, it takes over 50 seconds to boot into the GUI.

Luckly for me its takes around 15 seconds to boot, the one thing that pleased me the most about upgrading was that with 10.4.5 when ever i used fast user switching to change user, then back again, i would loose the ability to used my calibrated lcd settings till reboot.

Update. Got the laptop home... and discovered all was not fine. Noticed wireless card wasn't picked up. Further searching into the problem discovered no PC cards were being picked up... errors in -v boot up showed it was freaking out while loading the pc and pci bridge. Restored my 10.4.5 kexts. no go. made a bigger mess. reinstalling soon as I get the rest of this stuff backed up using macdrive.

I think i'll stick with 10.4.5 for now.

I had a similar problem. After update to 10.4.6 my PC card MSI CB54G2 on ralink 2500 chipset was completely "dead" - I mean It wasn't picked up - so I restored IOPCCardFamily.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from 10.4.5 extensions - repaired permision restart and now everything is working well again.

Hey guys, I have made the update with the 10.4.5 description and it worked fine for me. Only thing is: with 10.4.4 my GMA900 is working perfectly. With the update, my grafikchip isen't supported. Now, witch kext i have to take from the 10.4.4?? Is it IOGraphik or what?? Thanks for your help..

PS: I have tryed a lot of kext.. but no sucsess till now!