XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_Rev1

BlackCH

304 posts in this topic

Arigato Gozaimasu!

Muah! Muah! Muah! ---- n that's if u r a gal, no brokeback on my moniker, plz :gathering:

You definitely rock, dude!

Peeps!, get this image.... it is the magic wonder wand that has the power to make everything work "out of the box"!

BlackCH, man I've been trying to get 10.5.5 run with repetitive failures since last 30 days and more than 65 installs.... just to get my nVidia 9600 GT 512MB PCI-e working.

I'm planning to make an install guide for the p5k-vm board with full due credit to you, if that's not a problem...

Awaiting your reply.....

-FreakyChokra

Hi all,

For everyone who was asking for the password to unrar the ISO here it is:

mrspock

I've also made a ppf1 (get it at the bay), to fix already some bugs.

Im sure the ISO still has bugs, so use it at your own risk, and please give feedback, so I can work the bugs out (hopefully).

Probably you will have to install a couple of times untill you stumble upon the right drivers for your hardware. You should know all the details about what you have: CPU specs (SSE2, SSE3, 64bit, etc), Motherboard (Chipset, ATA controller, on board graphics, on board Ethernet chip, on board audio chip, etc), graphic card. The rest of the hardware you might have is not important.

The best way to get this information is running EVEREST or SANDRA under windows (hardware brochures are often incomplete/wrong). These programs will scan your hardware and give you all the information you need.

As start I would suggest to do a 'BASE' installation only with the items selected by default in the installer and adding only a chipset/ATA/S-ATA driver (so you have to be sure at least of the chipset you have). If that worked, then you can re-install adding the graphics; then audio, ans so on and so forth....

When reporting bugs/success (yes, success too) state your FULL SPECS. This is at least:

CPU, Motherboard and gpu; and a list of the ITEMS selected in the installer.... Also when reporting a bug make clear if this happens while running the installer or on the HD installation.

The installer doesnt support AMD at the moment.

If you have any drivers request, be sure it works and provide me with a download link. I will Include it in the coming PPFs...

Thanks to all, specially to all the devs (chameleon team, voodoo gnu team, Chun-Nan, Superhai, AnV, etc, etc. IF YOU WANT TO DONATE, DONATE TO THEM)

Installer Screenshot:

thats only the DVD booter. The one installed in the HD is v1.0.11

confirmed. thanks for correct.

DSC01152.jpg

I have some problem..

I did select following options on custom install:

Essential System Software : all checked 
Optional Kernel		   : Toh_9.2.0_Sleep 
Chipset Support		   : ICHx_Dune, JMicronATA 
Graphics Drivers		  : NVKush Driver 
Audio Drivers			 : ALCInject, HDAEnabler, ICH9 ALC888_3LineOut 
Network Drivers		   : Yukon 88E8056 Ethernet 
Power Management		  : ClamshellDisplay, OpenHaltRestart, TemperatureMonitor 
Others					: BootPrompt, SysProfilerFix 
Legacy Kexts			  : AppleSMBIOS_ToH, IOATAFailiy_ToH, IONetworkingFamily_ToH 
Miscellaneous			 : all except SlimBatteryMonitor

but got welcome screen looping.

DSC01147-01.jpg

then I did bypass with "touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" on boot -s

I think it caused by IONetworkingFamily.kext & AppleYukon2.kext didnt installed even I selected.

also my Yukon not detected. so I have to install those both kexts.

other problem is..

my SATA #5 (HDD) & SATA #6 (DVDRW) not detected.

I already selected ICHx_Dune & JMicronATA.

FYI this SATA channel on Abit IP35-E uses JMicron Extended IDE.

It is different with SATA channel #1 & #2 which is ICH9 (not JMicron).

so I have to re-install IOATAFamily.kext, IOAHCIFamily.kext, JMicronATA.kext

but now my OS become unstable, sometimes got lag with HDD led light on continuously.

sometimes I need to repeat when copy files or install app.

XxX_1055_error_write_file.png

Other thing..

I'm really really happy my audio works out of the box,

so this is the first time I can hear the music on welcome screen video ;)

because only your release which includes ICH9 ALC888.

XxX_1055_soundout.png

XxX_1055_soundin.png

and..

It would be nice if you add EFI Strings option for Graphics, like this:

th_iatkos41i_install.png <--click

so ppl dont need to install injector first if the graphics support EFI string.

once again..

Thank you very much for your hard work.

Essential System Software : all checked 
Optional Kernel		   : Toh_9.2.0_Sleep 
Chipset Support		   : ICHx_Dune, JMicronATA 
Graphics Drivers		  : NVKush Driver 
Audio Drivers			 : ALCInject, HDAEnabler, ICH9 ALC888_3LineOut 
Network Drivers		   : Yukon 88E8056 Ethernet 
Power Management		  : ClamshellDisplay, OpenHaltRestart, TemperatureMonitor 
Others					: BootPrompt, SysProfilerFix 
Legacy Kexts			  : AppleSMBIOS_ToH, IOATAFailiy_ToH, IONetworkingFamily_ToH 
Miscellaneous			 : all except SlimBatteryMonitor

but got welcome screen looping.

Dont install any of the ToH kexts, I guess that will solve the looping problems. You can add the AppleAHCIPort_extended to have support for your HDs. You need ONLY ONE audio injector (dont select both ALCinject and HDAEnabler). You dont need ClamshellDisplay as is meant for laptops display panels. Thanx for testing!

Dont install any of the ToH kexts, I guess that will solve the looping problems. You can add the AppleAHCIPort_extended to have support for your HDs. You need ONLY ONE audio injector (dont select both ALCinject and HDAEnabler). You dont need ClamshellDisplay as is meant for laptops display panels. Thanx for testing!

Thank you for enlightenment.

I will reinstall and post the result.

So, like I said before, the Distro is great, the best that is avaibale...

But I still have some questions:

1) Any Infos about Dual-Booting with this and Vista on the same HD? I've killed my Vista 3-Times with different Distros, but done everything right...only Leo4all and iDeneb worked...has anyone got this sucessfully done?

2) What is the Difference between the ALC268 from Taruga and the ALC268 from comatron?

3) Can the next ppf2 be aplied directly on the patched ISO, or is the original ISO required?

Hope someone can give me the answers...many thanks in Advance... :wacko:

I know its not a installation related issue, but after installed Debian, GRUB wiped out both of my OSX installations. It only kept the Debian and Windows one. I had to install acronis via Windows to get all the 4 systems working.

This Install Version worked for my ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 with an Intel E2220 CPU and 2 GB DDR400 RAM and nVidia 7800GS AGP video card.

I needed to use "cpus=1" to boot the DVD.

With some trial and error, I managed to get the BIOS settings working to allow it to install. Key setting was to put the CPU FSB timing to MANUAL.

I used the Voodoo Beta Kernel

A couple of Kernel Panics prevented loading of the OS:

CPUPowerManagement (I think) and AGPGART (AGPVIA didn't like my aperture or something).

I could boot with -x and -s though so I know I was close.

Once I fixed the hangs, it boots normally. Yipee!! ;)

Added VIARhine.kext and Network works great.

Still need to add audio and maybe see if I can get my Mac to see my video card as AGP instead of an unknown PCI card.

Basically, I'm very pleased that I got this up and running on my VIA PT880 based board. I tried a lot of other releases with no joy. This release has the right options to suit my hardware although the AGPGART issue is a bit of a pain. OpenGL works and QE is enabled but things seem a bit laggy and I can't use my monitor's native resolution.

Nice work regardless!

Why don't you try vanilla? or did i miss something? =)

I always try any kernel incl. vanilla when install any distros.

If I use vanilla, I always get "There was an error while gathering this information." on System Profile > Hardware Overview.

On XxX I have to boot with -f to resolve this issue, but shutdown/restart problem even OHR already installed.

Yess..! Problem solved :D

no welcome screen looping anymore.

I dont select ToH kexts, and install ICHx Dune & JMicronATA only.

now everything runs smoothly :( all SATA & IDE detected without lagging anymore.

currently I'm using Voodoo 9.5.0 Kernel RC1. shutdown/restart ok.

Voodoo950Kernel.png

btw, any chance/clue to fix Memory Type & Speed?

because it is not identified properly by AppleSMBIOSEFI.

EDIT:

got it :(http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=108606

Thanks BlackCH.

I have had a few successful installs with the XxX 10.5.5 build. I am running a EVGA 780i with 4gb ram and E6600 duo. Everything works great, if I disable one CPU. Actually, I have to patch the sound post-install also as well as add an EFI string for my gfx, but that is no big deal. I just cant seem to get rid of that pesky cpus=1, after trying all of the kernels and various BIOS settings. Any suggestions? The bootdvd even causes KP unless I enable cpus=1. Thanks.

EDIT: OK so I got it up 100% so far. 10.5.5 with ram at 1066 and cpu overclocked and using both cores, sound worked from install this time with alcinject, didnt need to patch, bluetooth is working from usb. :smoke: . Runnin kernel 9.50 from this CD, I selected all of the kernels this install for testing, not sure which one it defaulted to . Good luck all, I hope I can run this install til 10.5.6 or maybe 10.6!

Also, onboard Nforce networking is definitely not working for me, I am using an old 3com card.

Thx but is about 5 months i try make 9800gx2 work without success, im almost sure that on my mobo there is no chance to make qe/ci work.

I bought a standard 9800gt to add in 2nd slot just for osx, i think i will solve problem definitely when i will get delivery.

I found a problem setting different languages, no matter which language you select, it change only some part of system, about 50% change, 50% stay always in english.

I even tried set japanese, same problem, change only some part in system language, and still many part stay in english.

I tried in different way, by just relog, and reboot too.

I found a problem setting different languages, no matter which language you select, it change only some part of system, about 50% change, 50% stay always in english.

I even tried set japanese, same problem, change only some part in system language, and still many part stay in english.

I tried in different way, by just relog, and reboot too.

For space reasons this distro doesnt have any language support, only english; You need to get your language pkg (from the OSX retail DVD for instance) and install it afterwards....

For space reasons this distro doesnt have any language support, only english; You need to get your language pkg (from the OSX retail DVD for instance) and install it afterwards....

Thx for quick reply, so tell me if im right pls: now i will download retail leo dvd and with pacifist i will add my language? Is this way safe or for some reasons i will risk make issues in system?

Last question, there is a little problem when i reboot/shutdown, system end with desktop wallpaper+wheel spinning. Look like i miss something about make system reboot. Im sure when i see wheel spinning, i can safely shutdown power or reboot manually...but i would like to know if there is a possible fix for this. Thx.

Thx for quick reply, so tell me if im right pls: now i will download retail leo dvd and with pacifist i will add my language? Is this way safe or for some reasons i will risk make issues in system?

Last question, there is a little problem when i reboot/shutdown, system end with desktop wallpaper+wheel spinning. Look like i miss something about make system reboot. Im sure when i see wheel spinning, i can safely shutdown power or reboot manually...but i would like to know if there is a possible fix for this. Thx.

the voodoo kernel will most probably fix the restart/shutdown issues. About the language pkgs I have never tryed but I dont think theres any danger to it

language pkgs I have never tryed but I dont think theres any danger to it

Ok all perfect: i downloaded retail leo dvd, and installed more language directly from it. No need pacifist, i got last 10.5.4 dvd and it have option for add contents, so just select languages i need and then all is perfect.

I've just released the PPF2 (get it at the usual place)

You must apply the PPF1 first and then use the PPF2 on the resulting iso. Keep the MD5 checksums on eye!

The highlight features are:

-Voodoo 1.0 RevA Kernel (many thanks to the Voodoo XNU team for their work!!). It is also used to boot the DVD installer and thanks to its on-the-fly patching I hope the ISO can work on AMD cpus too! (I can not test this. AMD users please test)

-DSDT patcher (by fassl) is integrated on the installer; it will generate a DSDT.aml file that will be load in the first boot with the right bootloader. (be aware that the patcher doesnt work with all the mobos/laptops; check the Install log to see if the patching succeeded or not)

-PCEFI 9 (by netkas) and Chameleon with smbios and dsdt override (by mackerintel)

Besides those the PPF adds the following patches/drivers: Disabler.kext, SMBIOSResolver, ToH 9.2.0 Speedstep kernel, Jmicron JMB360, ATI SB4x0 ATA, Uli 5278 ATA, Marvell 610111ab IDE, GMAx3100 id 2a12, ALC 268 for ACER Aspire One, STAC 9271d, AD1981 AC97, Ali Uli M5455 AC97, NForce LAN Driver, SKGE 02d, iwi 3945, iwi 4965, ACPIBattery, USB Fixed kexts, AHCI icons fix, OpenDSDT kext, CPUx app, PCITools 3.0.0, MSRTools. It also has a new kextcache that hopefully will fix the issues with mouse/keyboard some where having...

The PPF has the undo data just in case something is wrong. Also theres a alternative kernel in the root of the ISO (which doesnt support AMD patching); If you have any problems starting the installer try booting with: -mach_kernel_2.

ENJOY!

Q:

Any chance to patch already patched PPF1.iso to PPF2.iso ?

I dont have the unpatched .iso anymore.

Would be fine if ppf1 > ppf2 cant work, upload an ppf1>ppf2 upddateppf :D

you need to apply the ppf1 first and then apply the ppf2; if that is what you mean

you need to apply the ppf1 first and then apply the ppf2; if that is what you mean

Thanks!

I meant can i apply the ppf2 over the already ppf1patched.iso or do i need the old (unpatched) .iso.

I would got the anyswer also if i looked in the files (md5), but i dont have begun to dl.

Thanks!

I meant can i apply the ppf2 over the already ppf1patched.iso or do i need the old (unpatched) .iso.

I would got the anyswer also if i looked in the files (md5), but i dont have begun to dl.

BTW, is the torrent working OK?... looks a bit strange over here: 0 peers