XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_Rev1

BlackCH

304 posts in this topic

Spleaven i select PS2 controller but still doesn't work .I install and reinstall but .. nothing !

filip007 i know here is the MAC forum ,i don't hate linux,windows,or mac forums. That is your problem !

I did endeavour to help in you ( however i know ) anyway ... I think we aren't here for showto be a smartass

Hi,

I have a panasonic Y7, this is a good portable computer with big LCD and long battery life.

And the spec is below...

intel core2duo 1.4MHz L7300

ram 1.5g micro dimm 533

intel GM965 video card

wireless intel 4965 network card

AD1884 sound card

I start to get your installing disk ISO, could you give me some advances about which options that I need to choose when I start to install this version of OSX86?

Thank you... :rolleyes:

I think I´m in a "upload debt" of the NATITx1300.KEXT....

Dont worry. Already got it

please can anybody help me

my mobo gigabyte 965p ds4 rev1

intel c2 e6400

x1950pro

which section ı select in installition can aybody help

thanku

Hi,

I have a panasonic Y7, this is a good portable computer with big LCD and long battery life.

And the spec is below...

intel core2duo 1.4MHz L7300

ram 1.5g micro dimm 533

intel GM965 video card

wireless intel 4965 network card

AD1884 sound card

I start to get your installing disk ISO, could you give me some advances about which options that I need to choose when I start to install this version of OSX86?

Thank you... ;)

Probably you will have to install a couple of times untill you stumble upon the right drivers for your hardware. You should know all the details about what you have: CPU specs (SSE2, SSE3, 64bit, etc), Motherboard (Chipset, ATA controller, on board graphics, on board Ethernet chip, on board audio chip, etc), graphic card. The rest of the hardware you might have is not important.

The best way to get this information is running EVEREST or SANDRA under windows (hardware brochures are often incomplete/wrong). These programs will scan your hardware and give you all the information you need.

As start I would suggest to do a 'BASE' installation only with the items selected by default in the installer and adding only a chipset/ATA/S-ATA driver (so you have to be sure at least of the chipset you have). If that worked, then you can re-install adding the graphics; then audio, ans so on and so forth....

And basically if you dont see your hardware listed in the installer it means there are no drivers for it.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Actually, I do really know the hardware spec, I installed the Kalway version of 10.5.1.

But this time, I install the 10.5.5, and got no luck.

After install complete, it reboot, and after a while it become blue screen then black then become oddly screen and stopped.

I use serveral combination, but still no luck.

Can you tell me a clue about how can I resolve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Actually, I do really know the hardware spec, I installed the Kalway version of 10.5.1.

But this time, I install the 10.5.5, and got no luck.

After install complete, it reboot, and after a while it become blue screen then black then become oddly screen and stopped.

I use serveral combination, but still no luck.

Can you tell me a clue about how can I resolve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Always same behavior, no matter which selection? how the 'oddly screen' looks like?

Tell me what is your driver selection at the installer and the Device ID of your graphics card (GM965 is the chipset actually)

Try all the default selection items plus ICHx dune (chipset menu), nothing more. Let me know if it works like that; then we can add the support for the rest of the HW (wifi is not supported; HD audio only stereo output; you dont say anything about your ethernet)

Always same behavior, no matter which selection? how the 'oddly screen' looks like?

Tell me what is your driver selection at the installer and the Device ID of your graphics card (GM965 is the chipset actually)

Try all the default selection items plus ICHx dune (chipset menu), nothing more. Let me know if it works like that; then we can add the support for the rest of the HW (wifi is not supported; HD audio only stereo output; you dont say anything about your ethernet)

Hi,

Thank you for your interesting.

I try to reinstall as your suggestion, and still got the same oddly screen, and I post as attachment file, hope you can give me some advises.

And the graphic card, it's my fault to have a typo error, the graphic card is the GMA X3100 integrated card.

Actually, that's why I give a hope on your version of OSX86. Because I see your hardware list, and there is a GMA X3100 too.

My ethernet card is Marvell Yukon 88E8055, thank you in advances.

post-185632-1227751381_thumb.jpg

ha...

I guess I found the problem to cause this oddly screen. It's the graphic card driver.

After I delete all the graphic related driver, including intelbuffer kext and I finally get the welcome screen.

I don't know why your GMA X3100 card can be driven well, but mine can't.

Could it be the different vendor ID and product ID cause this problem?

Thank you.

ha...

I guess I found the problem to cause this oddly screen. It's the graphic card driver.

After I delete all the graphic related driver, including intelbuffer kext and I finally get the welcome screen.

I don't know why your GMA X3100 card can be driven well, but mine can't.

Could it be the different vendor ID and product ID cause this problem?

Thank you.

It could be; but actually if it was a different ID the kexts wouldnt load....

Whats your device ID?

You can try just deleting the GMA950 related kexts (include the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer), in some cases these kexts conflict with the x3100 ones...

I have BadAxe2

Core2Duo E6400

2gb memory

7600GT Asus 256mb

WD 6400 KS sATA in ACHI mod ( ICH7) + ( Marvel Controler - disable in BIOS)

I boot from CD (ISO+ PPF1) in Mac OS X, and in step - user/ password - my PS2 keyboard didn't work = stop !

I used only:

Base 10.5.5

All essentials kext

ICH_dune

Can give me an idea of what to select on install ?

Thanks

It could be; but actually if it was a different ID the kexts wouldnt load....

Whats your device ID?

You can try just deleting the GMA950 related kexts (include the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer), in some cases these kexts conflict with the x3100 ones...

guess what?

I also heard about the problem what you said. So I delete the GMA950 related first, no luck, and the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer, still no luck.

Finally delete the GMA X3100, boom, the welcome screen comes out like a charm.

But if what you said about the device ID is right, what happen to my panasonic Y7 laptop?

Here is my LSPIC.txt, wish you can find an answer for me, thanks.

lspci.txt

My graphic card device ID is 0x2a02, what graphics driver should I install ?

You shuldnt add any drivers. That ID is supported natively by Apple's drivers. Althoug this is not warranty it will work...

I have BadAxe2

Core2Duo E6400

2gb memory

7600GT Asus 256mb

WD 6400 KS sATA in ACHI mod ( ICH7) + ( Marvel Controler - disable in BIOS)

I boot from CD (ISO+ PPF1) in Mac OS X, and in step - user/ password - my PS2 keyboard didn't work = stop !

I used only:

Base 10.5.5

All essentials kext

ICH_dune

Can give me an idea of what to select on install ?

Thanks

Try deselecting PS2Nub and PS2controller from 'essentials' and add applePS2controller_AnV from 'others'

guess what?

I also heard about the problem what you said. So I delete the GMA950 related first, no luck, and the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer, still no luck.

Finally delete the GMA X3100, boom, the welcome screen comes out like a charm.

But if what you said about the device ID is right, what happen to my panasonic Y7 laptop?

Here is my LSPIC.txt, wish you can find an answer for me, thanks.

sure, if you delete the x3100 kext it works but you dont have QE/CI acceletration nor resolution change.

Your x3100 dev ID is 2a02 (rev 03), same as mine but different revision. Theres no much you can do...

Try adding natitGMA together with the 10.5.5 x3100 kexts or with old x3100 kexts from 10.5.1....

Could also be a EDID problem; With DisplayUtility.app and with the edid data dumped from windows you could generate a custom profile but I can not say if this will help in any way...

You said you had kalyway 10.5.1 working; did you have QE/CI enabled?

Hey BlackCH, just wanted to throw a huge thank you for staying on top of the topic and helping everybody. I know its appreciated even if some can't find the words to express it..Thanks for the release and the support! Happy Thanksgiving if you're here in the US..

I change my PS2 keyboard with usb keyboard ....work, but I can´t boot without DVD inside de drive !!! ?

Can give me an idea of what to select to reinstall ?

Intel Bad Axe 2 D975XBX2

Motherboard Chipset Intel Glenwood-DG i975X

DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

Video Adapter Asus EN7600GT/2DHTV GPU Code Name G73GT (PCI Express 1.0 x16 10DE / 0391, Rev A1) 256 mb

SigmaTel STAC9274D @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1] PCI

Network Adapter Intel® PRO/1000 PL Network Connection

sure, if you delete the x3100 kext it works but you dont have QE/CI acceletration nor resolution change.

Your x3100 dev ID is 2a02 (rev 03), same as mine but different revision. Theres no much you can do...

Try adding natitGMA together with the 10.5.5 x3100 kexts or with old x3100 kexts from 10.5.1....

Could also be a EDID problem; With DisplayUtility.app and with the edid data dumped from windows you could generate a custom profile but I can not say if this will help in any way...

You said you had kalyway 10.5.1 working; did you have QE/CI enabled?

Hi, BlackCH, thank you for your answer. I know right now I can only use the VESA mode for display. I tried google my version of X3100(rev 03), and a lot of people have the same problem as me. Most of them are Dell X1300 users. You mention about the adding natitGMA together, could you explain more detail about how and where to get this process? And what is EDID?

As for the kalyway 10.5.1 version, yes, all the QE/CI working. But if I change the display to 1400X1050(that's my laptop LCD resolution), the mouse icon will become some strange image, it's hard to use, that's why I will try the new version of 10.5.5.

Hi, BlackCH, thank you for your answer. I know right now I can only use the VESA mode for display. I tried google my version of X3100(rev 03), and a lot of people have the same problem as me. Most of them are Dell X1300 users. You mention about the adding natitGMA together, could you explain more detail about how and where to get this process? And what is EDID?

As for the kalyway 10.5.1 version, yes, all the QE/CI working. But if I change the display to 1400X1050(that's my laptop LCD resolution), the mouse icon will become some strange image, it's hard to use, that's why I will try the new version of 10.5.5.

First try re-install selecting NatitGMA (is an option under 'Graphics/Intel' on the DVD); If that doesnt work try re-install selecting GMAx3100 + NatitGMA (also under 'Graphics/Intel'). If you dont want to reinstall so many times you could replace/add the files by hand (dont forget to repair permissions). You need to 'fish out' the packages from within the DVD (System/Install/Packages/Patches/) and unpack them on the desktop with Pacifist. Do not execute the pkgs by themselves, they would not install the file where is needed.

If this still doesnt work then get the old 10.5.1 kexts and install them with Kexthelper.app together with natitGMA (take it from the DVD). After all you got QE/CI with those kexts

"Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) is a VESA standard data format that contains basic information about a monitor and its capabilities, including vendor information, maximum image size, color characteristics, factory pre-set timings, frequency range limits, and character strings for the monitor name and serial number."

You can make a dump with this program under windows:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/329441

I doubt this is an EDID problem, but if you succeed in making a dump PM me; you could try to make a custom profile for your laptop display panel.