XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_Rev1

BlackCH

304 posts in this topic

Can you be more specific about what is needed in the boot.plist? Theres 'BootPromt' package that install a boot.plist with Timeout if thats what you need. If you install this package the booting will stop at darwin menu where you can boot with any flags you need...

this was exactly what I was looking for ;-) didn't expect this to be not the default behaviour

I enable nForceLAN at install time but ethernet doesn't work. When I run kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/nForceLAN.kext I get:

"loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4.1"

Looks like the nForceLAN driver is too new? I have a 0x10de:0x07dc onboard gigE adapter.

post-5437-1229574267_thumb.png

But there is something, which I didn't noticed right from the beginning, but after I crashed the system with the GenericPM kext from superhai, I found out that there is something not quite right at the start of osx, the finder will crash and instantly restart itself. Therefore the crash log above, an Idea what this could be? (still on that AMD machine but hence im using Voodoo kernel I thought the cpu ids aren't a problem anymore).

Process:         Finder [140]
Path:            /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder
Identifier:      com.apple.finder
Version:         10.5.6 (10.5.6)
Build Info:      Finder_FE-6071900~15
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [116]

Date/Time:       2008-12-18 05:08:52.151 +0100
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.5 (9F33)
Report Version:  6

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  8

Hi BlackCH

I have succesfull installed XxX 10.5.5 PPF2 on the following configuration:

MB: ASUS P4P800-X Socket478 - works fine except sleep mode, used BIOS 1003 (USB doesn't work properly in OS X 10.4-10.5 with later BIOS on this MB)

Chipset: i865PE / ICH5

CPU: Pentium 4 Prescott 3.0GHz SSE3 - works, no HyperTreading

Video: ASUS Geforce FX 5600 AGP - works, nvinject 2.1

Ethernet onboard: Realtek 8100C - works, PCGeneric_Realtek8139

Audio onboard: ADI1888 - works with edited AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext (added correct vendor ID ADS68)

HDD PATA - works

HDD SATA - works

External HDD USB2.0 - works

DVD-RW PATA - works

Firewire PCI card - works

Your 10.5.5 is great!

Thanks a lot for your work!

before this on 10.5.5 my built in webcam was detected and can be used in yahoo messenger. But after updated to 10.5.6, it is not detected anymore. Before this it was detected as USB2.0 1.3M Webcam.

I'm suspecting the new AppleUSBEHCI,kext in 10.5.6 changed this. What would be ur opinion? Can i switch back to the old one? or any PCGenUSBEHCI.kext? Thank you

With 10.5.6 I lost USB2 (EHCI). I tryed PCgenUSBEHCI and patched Apple USB kext without succuess. End up rolling back to 10.5.5 for now until I have more time to experiment a bit. My guess is that the problem are not the USB kexts but how the system 'reads' the hardware...

this was exactly what I was looking for ;-) didn't expect this to be not the default behaviour

post-5437-1229574267_thumb.png

But there is something, which I didn't noticed right from the beginning, but after I crashed the system with the GenericPM kext from superhai, I found out that there is something not quite right at the start of osx, the finder will crash and instantly restart itself. Therefore the crash log above, an Idea what this could be? (still on that AMD machine but hence im using Voodoo kernel I thought the cpu ids aren't a problem anymore).

Lastest vesions of Superhai's GenericPM (v1.1.x) crashes at shutdown/restart when used in combination with Voodoo.

About AMD cpuid, I can only relay on Voodoo's on-the-fly patcher otherwise I would have to release a AMD ISO (which misses the point of having a universal release) but in the PPF3 I've included Marvin's AMD Utility (you can also find the app itself on the net), so if you have issues you can try patching the binaries after installing (in theory this will give you also a bit of performance gain, since the kernel wont have to do the patching anymore). Once the binaries are patched you can install any other AMD compatible kernel (ToH, Stage)...

With 10.5.6 I lost USB2 (EHCI). I tryed PCgenUSBEHCI and patched Apple USB kext without succuess. End up rolling back to 10.5.5 for now until I have more time to experiment a bit. My guess is that the problem are not the USB kexts but how the system 'reads' the hardware...

i see..i'll stick for the moment right now in 10.5.6 as i think it is more stabile in my laptop than before..even my cpu temperature is just around 39 celcius..and the system is more quiet too..

Thanks for everything right now...Forgot to mention..I installed these system with the most basic things only and additionally the attansicL1 and nvkush with pcgenusbehci.kext

i ve tried to patch my alc660 sound with hdapatcher 1.20 but with no success (the patching process said it was successful though) ..before this it was also working in 10.5.5

Hi BlackCH, just got a fresh install going with PPF3. 10.5.6 was having some issues, from the mouse lag in itunes and quicktime to some random freezes that I wasnt getting in 10.5.5.

It is convenient that you added ntfs support to the installation, but I noticed Macfuse was an old version, 1.5.1. They are on 2.0 now, but before updating that and the ntfs-3g driver I wanted to know if there was a particular reason you used older versions?

If the old ones are more stable or something, then I will refrain from updating. Thanks a lot =).

Hi BlackCH, just got a fresh install going with PPF3. 10.5.6 was having some issues, from the mouse lag in itunes and quicktime to some random freezes that I wasnt getting in 10.5.5.

It is convenient that you added ntfs support to the installation, but I noticed Macfuse was an old version, 1.5.1. They are on 2.0 now, but before updating that and the ntfs-3g driver I wanted to know if there was a particular reason you used older versions?

If the old ones are more stable or something, then I will refrain from updating. Thanks a lot =).

No reason; just the ones I had at hand. You can update them if you are sure new versions have better performance, etc. I personally use paragon ntfs driver. Didnt want to include 'cos you need a SN to make it work

Lastest vesions of Superhai's GenericPM (v1.1.x) crashes at shutdown/restart when used in combination with Voodoo...

This bug is not there anymore. I'm pretty sure with that, cause i opened that ticket originally and I am in contact with mercurysquad and superhai.

But with that patcher it's a good proposal since I could verify if that problem is kernel related or not at least regarded to the cpuid string. Is it possible to patch single applications or will it "clean" the system only as one big piece? But I'll keep you informed about the "AMD" compatibility of your distribution ;-)

Hey there,

First of all thanks for the amazing work you did Black..

But I seem to have a problem, the installer cannot boot.

I've tried several flags, -v, -s, -f, -x, cpus=1, cpus=2, -mach_kernel_2.

But it didn't work.

This is the panic I get,

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x004314FF); "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/volumes

Some other guy had the same panic, which he tought was because of his T8300 processor,

Check out my full specs here, http://glnn.nl/Hardware.htm

Hey there,

First of all thanks for the amazing work you did Black..

But I seem to have a problem, the installer cannot boot.

I've tried several flags, -v, -s, -f, -x, cpus=1, cpus=2, -mach_kernel_2.

But it didn't work.

This is the panic I get,

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x004314FF); "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/volumes

Some other guy had the same panic, which he tought was because of his T8300 processor,

Check out my full specs here, http://glnn.nl/Hardware.htm

Yes, I know some people are getting this error; this is most likely because the ACPI kexts included on the kextcache. Unfortunately (for the people getting the error) this cache works for most of the users so is likely it will stay as it is. Your option is to customize the ISO for your hardware (swaping the extensions.mkext file for one that works for you)....

LAST MINUTE:

try boot flag:

-mach_kernel_2 platform=ACPI

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=141549

Can you replace the GMA900 kext with these ?

sure. Is already on my 10.5.6

Right now i'm using the easybcd methode to dual boot into vista and leopard. As in the latest ppf3, u've included the boot options for leopard, so i thought it will be a waste of time to choose 2 times during booting.. So i ran up the osxtools utility... set the quiet boot mode...and restart..what surprised me...i can't boot into my leopard anymore from the vista bootloader..it keeps repeating and went back to the vista bootloader screen..luckily my vista is still bootable..i tried to flag my leopard partition back and luckily i can boot it back..but still no workaround for the dual booting process..anyone have/had any ideas/solutions for this? thanks in advance

p/s blackch, how actually u make the bootprompt option worked in ppf3? cause i think, i didn't see any kernel flags set up in the boot.plist

p/s blackch, how actually u make the bootprompt option worked in ppf3? cause i think, i didn't see any kernel flags set up in the boot.plist

It has only Timeout. It stops at boot (no countdown); if you press just enter it boots normally (grey apple screen). If you need any flags (-v, -f, -cpus=1, etc) you need to type them before pressing enter.

Woah I am confused! Can someone help a complete noob out.. This is my first time doing this and I really don't know where to start O.o... I've been reading up on this for about 2+ hours now and I've only become more confused!! I'm currently downloading the XxX Leopard 10.5.5 Beta 1 w/PPF1, in addition to that I have PPF2 and PPF3 ready... My main issue is that I have no idea on what to do with this stuff once I have it O.o... I'm pretty decent with computers but this stuff is completely new territory to me, so please bare with me >_>... Here are my specs..

MSI P6N Sli Platinum

E6420 @ 3.00GHZ - Stock is 2.13GHZ, I overclocked it...

2GB DDR2-800 RAM

EVGA 8800GTS 640

200GB SATA HDD - I currently have two partitions one for Vista and one for XP, I barely use Vista because well.. It sucks >:|... I hope to install OSX over the Vista partition..

DVD Drive - Samsung SH-S203B

I have Sandra ready, and I can give you any info necessary, I can also generate a report if you guys want one... Btw thanks in advance for your help!! :( Merry Christmas >_>!

Help please... I don't know which chipset and kernal etc to use becasue its really confusing :S....

I installed it and darwin boot loads to fast to type any commands in after install and then it either flashes grey screen and reboots or loads with the apple logo then an error sign appear on top...

I'm using a samsung R60+ But I can't get into Vista to see my specs... Please anyone help?

Successful second try!!! Everything's the same as last time, plus a few other options. (Mainly Speedstep)

This time, speedstep works.

Sleep still does not.

Also reporting success on my AMD machine!

Specs:

AMD Athlon 3200+

2Gb RAM

Some type of motherboard, I have no clue

It installed, runs, but is kinda buggy. System Profiler is waaaaay off, reporting it as an Intel Core Solo @ 1.4Ghz with 0Gb of RAM. Kinda weird, but definitely working.

Thanks BlackCH, keep up the excellent work!

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out an error I get when I try to boot up os x the first time from hd.

My hardware:

QX6700@2.66

DFI X38 Lanparty LT (Sound: ALC 885 and Ethernet: Marvell 8052/8053)

BFG Tech 8800 GTS 512MB

I install the os fine but when I attempt to boot up from the hd I get to the gray apple screen with the circle spinning. Then I get a circle with a diagonal line through it. Like a do not enter sign. It just sits there until the end of time. The same thing happened with iatkos. Kalyway 10.5.2 was the only one I have been able to start up.

I think I picked fairly standard options. I didn't pick any extras except drivers for my video, sound and ethernet devices + ICHx support. (that was the problem with kalyway, I could never get my ethernet and sound working). Also picked voodoo kernel.

If anyone could help that would be much appreciated. :dev:

Yikes, I am dumb! I did the verbose command and saw that I was getting the still waiting for root device. I changed my sata settings in the bios from raid to ide and I am now posting this from within os x. :gun:

The question is now though, will I have to change this setting every time I want to boot between windows and mac os and have access to my raid array in windows?

Win os and mac os (WD 74GB HD, two primary partitions)

Raid 0 array (2x WD 400GB HD's, has all my program files and is used as storage for windows)

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys!!

I'm new to insanelymac.com and really wanted to try OSX.... but I have no clue what to do (maybe I shoulden't be experimenting, but heck, there has to be a start for even the n00bs! ;-) ) :D:P;)

So I'm trying xxx 10.5.5 PPF1 release on this PC :

Pentium D 805 2.66GHz

Intel D945GNT mobo with GMA 950

MSI 9600GT OC edition

TV Tuner card and an addidional PCI USB card, both of which i don't bother wether work or not :wacko:

2 SATA HDDs (160 gig and 250gig)

1 IDE DVD-ROM (Sony)

So I have burned the DVD and started boot from it.... I get to the darwin and then do the default enter.... After some text, it seems to get struck at (SAM Multimedia : Error Read & Write and some other stuff, mention if I need to post details)

So I let it go for about 15 mins but I'm still getting that error again and again!

So what exactly is the problem??

Thankx in advance!

EDIT : Added some pics so that it may be easier for you to help out :angel:

post-363760-1232888379_thumb.jpg

post-363760-1232888441_thumb.jpg

post-363760-1232888499_thumb.jpg

Edited by hellking4u

Hi BlackCH,

Hi,

I stuck at "MacFramework successfully initilaized using 16384 buffer

headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers".

First of all, I only successfully boot the XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc_Rev1 DVD with these

options;

-v -legacy platform=ACPI cpus=1 (otherwise after Darwin boot and a

bunch of commands (which i cannot see becuse it goes too fast )

computer restarts itself.

So, boot the DVD with these commands and installed successfully. I

only choose AC97 from the audio section, Yukon Ethernet and all from

the Tools section. The resr i left untouched.

Also my Bios settings are:

*Execute Disable bit: Enabled

*ACPI mode: Auto (i tried only S1 and S3 too)

*Sata Mode: AHCI

*Max CPUID Value Limit: Disable

*Virtualization: Disable

CPU TM Function: Enable

Intel Speed step: Tried Enable and Disable too.

I slow down my 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz to 1333Mhz. Also removed two memmory

sticks and try to 4GB 1333mhz. too.

Tried to boot with -v -x, platform=ACPI and cpus=1 options and

combination of these commands.

Still stuck at "MacFramework successfully initilaized using 16384

buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers".

I use one of my 160GB HDD to install.

Can someone help me please.

Thanks in advance.

My Specs;

MB: Asus P5Q3

CPU: Intel Q9550

Ram: OCZ 8GB 1600Mhz

Display: Ati Radeon HD4870

SSD: OCZ Core2 120GB SSD

HDD: Samsung 160GB (for OSx)

Sasunng 1TB x 2 (for data storage)

ODD: Samsung S223Q Sata DVD-RW

Zalman HD 160XT Multimedia Case

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I've just had a big scare trying to install iPC, which almost ruined my desktop. Someone told me that this is the best distribution/release to try, so I would like to get your advice, before I attempt the installation. This is my setup:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, 2.67GHz

RAM: 4GB DDR2

Motherboard: P5N-E SLI (BIOS is latest version; Specs: http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&amp...mp;modelmenu=2)

Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI

Ethernet: Gigabit LAN featuring AI Net2 Marvell 88E1116 PHY

Audio: Realtek ALC883 6 -Channel

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTS 8800 640MB (PCIe)

Wireless: D-Link DWL-G122 USB (RT2500)

Hard drives: It gets tricky here:

Internal: 1xIDE; two NTFS partitions: one with MBR,Vista & Vista boot loader, another one for storage only.

1xSATA: one NTFS partition: storage only

External: 1 USB SATA Encasing: Four partitions: 40GB Ubuntu Linux (Linux boot loader installed on partition); 4GB swap partition; 79GB NTFS storage partition; the rest is HFS+ formatted, ready to accept OSX86.

Thank you in advance for your advice.