XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_Rev1

BlackCH

304 posts in this topic

I am using XxX 10.5.5 PPF2 disk (just for info). Tried options listed above, same problem. I checked the MD5, it's good, I also reburned the disk. Here is another screen shot.

Strange; that selection should work...

You can try vanilla kernel (dont select any optional ones), try different SMBIOS versions instead the SMIOSEFI.... Im sure it should work on your system; I guess is just matter of find the right combination (use as a base the one I suggested) ... Delete the target partition after each re-install...Sorry, but is difficult to give further help without being in front of the actual computer...

Hi,

Sorry for my English,

I have a laptop Sony Vaio VGN-NR21E/S.

You can find attached some screenshots (with everest) of the hardware configuration of my computer.

Can anyone tell me what options I choose to successfully install (kernel, chipset, power management, etc...) ?

Thank you very much

CONFIG_MATERIEL.rar

Unfortunately, I am getting a kernel panic when I try to boot the DVD. I have tried PPF1 and PPF2 with mach_kernel and mach_kernel_2. They all panic at the same place. I am not getting this panic with any other distribution, but none of the other distributions can get all of the way through the install process. :(

Any idea what could be going wrong here? I apologize if this has already been addressed, the search functionality on this forum seems to be worthless.

EDIT: Forgot system specs.

Motherboard: eVGA 680i

CPU: Intel Q6600

Video: nVidia 8800 GTX 768MB

RAM: 4 GB

IDE DVD-ROM and SATA hard drives.

post-94390-1229310984_thumb.jpg

post-94390-1229311022_thumb.jpg

I enable nForceLAN at install time but ethernet doesn't work. When I run kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/nForceLAN.kext I get:

"loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4.1"

Looks like the nForceLAN driver is too new? I have a 0x10de:0x07dc onboard gigE adapter.

I tried downloading and installing iATKOS 5i... I run kextload /System/Library/Extensions/nForceEthernetDriver.kext and get:

/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/IOKit: Undefined in symbol set: __ZN14IOPMrootDomain24systemPowerEventOccurredEPK80SSymbolP80SObject

/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext/IOKit: Undefined in symbol set: __ZN14IOPMrootDomain24systemPowerEventOccurredEPK80SSymbolj

kextload: loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4.1"

It's the same problem! Is there something wrong with both iATKOS 5i and XxX 10.5.5 PPF2 or is it me?

hi BlackCH

successfully installed XxX in Acer tm 6291 ..

the initial boot: cpus = 1-v

Customize :
BootLoader : PCEFI_v9.0
System Kext : Dsdt Patcher, Apple Decrypt, NullCPUPManagement, SMBBIOSEFI enabler, PS2 NUB Enabler, PS2 Controller, ACPI Plugins Legacy Plugins
ChipSet Support: ICHX Chipset Support
Laptop Display.Kext
VGA : GMA950,
Sound : HDAEnabler, ALC268_Taruga1
RT2500-RT73USB
ACPI Battery Manager, Enhanced SpeedStep, OpenHaltRestart, Temperature Monitor
ClamShell Display, USB FIX, ApplePS2 Controller_AnV
Boot Prompt, SysProfiler Fix

there is voice when welcome proses, but i was confuse, why must type at boot "cpus = 1" ? where I use core 2 duo T5500

thx.... :D

to install my 9800 GTX do I just have to select the one 9800 GTX box or do I have to select others/do something after install?

Thanks

Alec

It should work in that way, but I cannot test it myself. Otherwise install without driver and see this topic:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=98666

Unfortunately, I am getting a kernel panic when I try to boot the DVD. I have tried PPF1 and PPF2 with mach_kernel and mach_kernel_2. They all panic at the same place. I am not getting this panic with any other distribution, but none of the other distributions can get all of the way through the install process. ^_^

Any idea what could be going wrong here? I apologize if this has already been addressed, the search functionality on this forum seems to be worthless.

EDIT: Forgot system specs.

Motherboard: eVGA 680i

CPU: Intel Q6600

Video: nVidia 8800 GTX 768MB

RAM: 4 GB

IDE DVD-ROM and SATA hard drives.

You have an IO disk error which I guess is causing the panic. Your ISO might be bad burned or corrupt or the NForceATA driver isnt working on your system (I see a warning there too)... is your DVD drive ATA or SATA?

I enable nForceLAN at install time but ethernet doesn't work. When I run kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/nForceLAN.kext I get:

"loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4.1"

Looks like the nForceLAN driver is too new? I have a 0x10de:0x07dc onboard gigE adapter.

Either is the combination of items you are installing (are you adding some extra ACPI/PCI driver?) or your system is just not compatible with it. NforceLAN is working:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=998178

hi BlackCH

successfully installed XxX in Acer tm 6291 ..

the initial boot: cpus = 1-v

Customize :
BootLoader : PCEFI_v9.0
System Kext : Dsdt Patcher, Apple Decrypt, NullCPUPManagement, SMBBIOSEFI enabler, PS2 NUB Enabler, PS2 Controller, ACPI Plugins Legacy Plugins
ChipSet Support: ICHX Chipset Support
Laptop Display.Kext
VGA : GMA950,
Sound : HDAEnabler, ALC268_Taruga1
RT2500-RT73USB
ACPI Battery Manager, Enhanced SpeedStep, OpenHaltRestart, Temperature Monitor
ClamShell Display, USB FIX, ApplePS2 Controller_AnV
Boot Prompt, SysProfiler Fix

there is voice when welcome proses, but i was confuse, why must type at boot "cpus = 1" ? where I use core 2 duo T5500

thx.... ;)

Its probably a wrong DSDT table bug. Before you would had to hard-edit your BIOS, but now you can generate a cusomized DSDT.aml. In theory the patcher takes care of all this (if the patcher worked with your BIOS; check if you have a DSDT.aml file on the root (/) of your disk), but in some cases handcraft is necessary. More info here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683 (how to use the patcher)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132757 (chameleon DSDT thread)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=90505) (what has to be changed)

You have an IO disk error which I guess is causing the panic. Your ISO might be bad burned or corrupt or the NForceATA driver isnt working on your system (I see a warning there too)... is your DVD drive ATA or SATA?

I get the I/O error with other distributions and it does not cause a kernel panic with them. I know the NForceATA driver works on my system for other distributions (iATKOS, Kalyway, etc.) so unless this is a modified version, I doubt this is the problem. The kernel panics while trying to access NFS which would imply a network issue, but I have no idea why that would be.

My DVD drive is IDE/ATA. I tried both connectors on the ribbon cable on the off chance that the driver requires the drive to be on a certain port.

Thanks for the help.

I get the I/O error with other distributions and it does not cause a kernel panic with them. I know the NForceATA driver works on my system for other distributions (iATKOS, Kalyway, etc.) so unless this is a modified version, I doubt this is the problem. The kernel panics while trying to access NFS which would imply a network issue, but I have no idea why that would be.

My DVD drive is IDE/ATA. I tried both connectors on the ribbon cable on the off chance that the driver requires the drive to be on a certain port.

Thanks for the help.

An easy solution would be to replace the /mach_kernel and /System/Library/Extensions.mkext inside the XxX ISO with the ones from whatever ISO version that works on your system.

sudo hdiutil attach -readwrite -owners on /path/to/the/XxX_ISO

then you can edit any file inside the iso. You need to make the invisible files to be shown by finder (with onyx or macpilot)...

If you want to troubleshoot, try booting the DVD without your HD connected and see if you get the same error....

BlackCH,

I've been running your XxX 10.5.5 w/PPF1 for a few weeks now, everything has been great! I'd like to update to 10.5.6 but I'm not sure if I selected Charmelon... is there a way to tell if I have it?

Besides Charmelon, what else do I have to do to make sure the upgrade goes sucessful? isnt there something about DSDT table patching? I have no idea what that is...

Thanks!

Either is the combination of items you are installing (are you adding some extra ACPI/PCI driver?) or your system is just not compatible with it. NforceLAN is working:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=998178

M system is compatible. I tried installing nForceLAN_0.62.6n.kext.zip from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=125569 on Kalyway 10.5.2 and it worked 100%.

I tried loading that same kext on 10.5.5 but it probably needs to be recompiled/updated...

kextload: loaded version 2.4.1 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version2.4.1 (UUIDs differ)

What can I do to figure out why the stock XxX nForceLAN driver isn't working on my system? What does "loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4.1" mean? Version mismatch?

Thanks for your help BlackCH.

I tried loading that same kext on 10.5.5 but it probably needs to be recompiled/updated...

What can I do to figure out why the stock XxX nForceLAN driver isn't working on my system? What does "loaded version 2.4 of module com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily differs from requested version 2.4.1" mean? Version mismatch?

Thanks for your help BlackCH.

I know the kext is working on 10.5.5 (from the post I linked before). He said is working for him; check what items he installed... Maybe some of the drivers you installed is making conflict with this kext...

Hallo again, just reinstalled everything for more cleaner system and also updated to 10.5.6 and gladly everything is working properly except i lost my built in webcam after reinstalled. What do u think can cause this? before this as i remembered, it was recognized as 1.3MP usb webcam..something like that. and i did use it thru my yahoomessenger..

One more..after updated to 10.5.6..the shutdown seems to be taking a little bit longer time than before..

Thanks for any info..

I am downloading 10.5.6, Ill update and see if I still have the issues I was having with 10.5.5. I will post results soon!

10.5.6 success! I installed updated from software update, restarted, got kernel panic (new kernel was automatically installed (9.6.0)

Then I booted again with -v -x cpus=1 and it took me to MACH Reboot, one more reboot with the same commands and i am in.

I reinstalled the voodoo Xnu 1.0 9.5.0 kernel, and I am now smoothly runnnin 10.5.6, have yet to see if the internet and sound issues remain.

My only real problem with this release is my internet dying after an undetermined amount of time/traffic (was inconsistent) and then only working after a restart. I have tried many fixes for this (even switched from 3com card to netgear) but to no avail. Sometimes the net will work for hours, but it always dies no matter what. Ill update with more soon.

EDIT: I am getting kernel panics when I mount a .dmg, Im not sure whats up, might go back to 10.5.5 till voodoo releases a 9.6.0 kernel

how bad.. It can't work also

ether my PCI 8139 or onboard yukon8056....

I did all BlackCH had tought me,

but my router can't assign correct IP addess and manually input IP dosen't help always

could somebody give me some help? God bless you..

The PPF3 is up at the usual place

Add-on and fixes:

-Chameleon 1.0.11 cdboot (JMicron fix)

-Fixed ChameleonSMBIOS boot.plist (Timeout added)

-Fixed Uli SATA controller support

-Fixed GMAx3000

-GMAx3500

-New Alc 268

-kXAudioDriver 1.2b1

-Ralink RT71

-Old APIC/ACPI

-Marvin's AMD Patcher

-NTFS Driver

-PackageMaker

-IORegistryExplorer

-Updated x86Tools

-DSDTPatcher GUI

-MKextTool

-Minor typo bugs

My only real problem with this release is my internet dying after an undetermined amount of time/traffic (was inconsistent) and then only working after a restart. I have tried many fixes for this (even switched from 3com card to netgear) but to no avail. Sometimes the net will work for hours, but it always dies no matter what. Ill update with more soon.

how bad.. It can't work also

ether my PCI 8139 or onboard yukon8056....

Thats a problem on your side. I have both ethernet controllers, the RTL8139 (PCI card) and the Yukon8056 (P5K-VM). I can confirm they are working fine here... Also file sharing afp/ftp, smb not tested

Successful install on Dell Latitude D520. Specs in sig are old, as it say's I'm still running your old Tiger distro, but they're still accurate.

Here's my install options:

Bootloader:

ChameleonSMBIOS

System kexts:

All essential/no optional

Kernel:

Voodoo 9.5.0 beta2c

Display:

LaptopDisplay.kext

All GMA950 options

Powermanagement:

ACPIBattery by Chu-Nan

Sound:

SigmaTel9200.kext (Failed to work)

Tools:

AppleHDA Patcher (Just in case)

OSX86Tools

Result:

-Both cores work

-No mouse artifacts

-Sleep does not work

-No option for speedstep selected, so it doesn't work

-Shutdown works without patch

-Sound works with AppleHDA Patcher, not the kext.

Overall, so far this is a nice setup. I'll be reinstalling to fine tune it, hopefully get sleep enabled. The computer will go to sleep, but upon wakeup there is a kernel panic and the screen is all trippy colored. Its weird, and I'll take a picture to show you.

Thanks BlackCH, keep up the great work!

hi BlackCH, could you please give me your selections box capture? I wanna know which selection need to be chose on my 10.5.5 to make my ethernet cards working, thx again.

BTW, my e-mail address:

jackdel1983@hotmail.com

I already did that mate:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=997240

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=997662

for the yukon 8056 you have to add the 88E8056 driver (under 'Networkdrivers')

before this on 10.5.5 my built in webcam was detected and can be used in yahoo messenger. But after updated to 10.5.6, it is not detected anymore. Before this it was detected as USB2.0 1.3M Webcam.

I'm suspecting the new AppleUSBEHCI,kext in 10.5.6 changed this. What would be ur opinion? Can i switch back to the old one? or any PCGenUSBEHCI.kext? Thank you