XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_Rev1

BlackCH

304 posts in this topic

Thats my windows partition...

are you positive that with that i wont loose my win?

win partition?

so which is the OSX partition (HFS+)?

btw, I usually convert partition using Acronis Disk Director or Partition Magic within Hiren's BootCD, and no data loss.

If you arent sure, test it with other HDD.

win partition?

so which is the OSX partition (HFS+)?

btw, I usually convert partition using Acronis Disk Director or Partition Magic within Hiren's BootCD, and no data loss.

If you arent sure, test it with other HDD.

sorry i ment that the primary partition is win...

partition 3 has osx

what can i do?

actually.. in your case, there are 2 partition only.

primary (win) & logical in extended partition (mac).

well.. convert logical to primary.

BUT I dont know the result if it already HFS+ partition, is it supported or not.

If not supported, then you should del/format logical partition to FAT/NTFS first, then convert it to primary and set active.

Or del extended partition (it will del logical too) then create new primary partition and set active.

So you will need to erase again to HFS+ then re-install OSX.

Once again, this method if only.. you cant convert HFS+ logical partition to primary.

I did as you sed, i have 3 partitions listed as follow

Partition 1 principal

partition 2 extended

partition 3 logic

i selected partition 3 to activate, an as soon as i reboot i got back to the "boot0:error"

if is any help... during the instalation i only selected chamaleon bootloader and my sata controler..

OSX will only work on primary partitions

So you will have to reinstall anyway, so instead of converting the partition just delete (2 and 3) and create a new primary partition (FAT32) with Acronis or Paragon disk managers, then you can reformat it to HFS+ with diskutility....

You might F**k up your MBR with all this s**t so better backup your sensitive data (well, you should have done this to begin with)...

OSX will only work on primary partitions

So you will have to reinstall anyway, so instead of converting the partition just delete (2 and 3) and create a new primary partition (FAT32) with Acronis or Paragon disk managers, then you can reformat it to HFS+ with diskutility....

You might F**k up your MBR with all this s**t so better backup your sensitive data (well, you should have done this to begin with)...

:( ok you have me here!

i think that's what i did in first place... i had my hdd all for win, and made a partition in fat32 for osX...

how do i know if the pertition i made is primary or not?

as soon as i get back home i'll delete partition 2 and 3 and create a new one and reinstall...

can anyone tellme how my partition table should look like?

something like that; but D: should be FAT32

Hej, thanks for your job, but do this stuff bei RAPIDSHARE!, 16MB and TORRENT-SHEET!,???

, i am staing by 84% and happends nothing, Kozel, Mach deine Scheisse Selbst!!!

you can this file by rapidshare or f##k dir!!

Hej, thanks for your job, but do this stuff bei RAPIDSHARE!, 16MB and TORRENT-SHEET!,???

, i am staing by 84% and happends nothing, Kozel, Mach deine Scheisse Selbst!!!

you can this file by rapidshare or f##k dir!!

16MB? you might be mistaken...

In any case, you dont like it, dont download it; I dont really care. Isnt something you bought, is it? or do I owe you something?

Im sharing it AS IT IS, and Im trying to help anybody who has problems with it.... thats it.

Do yourself a favor, go take some english and maybe some good manners lessons. They tend to be usefull sometimes

something like that; but D: should be FAT32

i did follow the steps creating a new partition thats primary, reinstalled and now...

my pc restars in a loop, the bootloader shows something that goes really fast and reboot..somtathing like these

loading darwingx86

starting darwing ... and reboot :S

i tried using my windowsxp CD to reactivate things, but it apears that i have no disk, im now seen if i can use the repear mode of win to bring things back to life...i did the diskpart in the command line, but no drive there

im booting back with your dvd...

well, i dont know what to do next! i'm steel needing help!

EDIT: now in the osX diskutil i see my 2 partitions... but no idea how to fix them here! and way i cant boot osx yet! this is proving to be harder than i thoght

EDIT2: downloading Hiren/'s BootCD.. hope this helps..

i did follow the steps creating a new partition thats primary, reinstalled and now...

my pc restars in a loop, the bootloader shows something that goes really fast and reboot..somtathing like these

loading darwingx86

starting darwing ... and reboot :S

i tried using my windowsxp CD to reactivate things, but it apears that i have no disk, im now seen if i can use the repear mode of win to bring things back to life...i did the diskpart in the command line, but no drive there

im booting back with your dvd...

well, i dont know what to do next! i'm steel needing help!

EDIT: now in the osX diskutil i see my 2 partitions... but no idea how to fix them here! and way i cant boot osx yet! this is proving to be harder than i thoght

EDIT2: downloading Hiren/'s BootCD.. hope this helps..

I hope you backed up your data as I told you.

What items have you selected in the installation?

Do you have a Celeron D 336? if yes you need to install one of the optional kernels (try voodoo 1.0)

Is not that hard; just need to know exactly what you have and what you need to install to make it works.

is this your machine?

http://www.superwarehouse.com/Acer_Aspire_...-C3601/p/650925

I hope you backed up your data as I told you.

What items have you selected in the installation?

yes, i had my data backuped...

i had the same items selected, chamaleon bootloader and my sata controler...

nothing more, cose the chipset x200 (that is the one i have, has something saying that has a sata controler.. so i wanted no problems..)

now im traying to restore the MBR so i can boot back to win.. and start again with osx instalation..

any other idea how to fix this?

nothing more, cose the chipset x200 (that is the one i have, has something saying that has a sata controler.. so i wanted no problems..)

now im traying to restore the MBR so i can boot back to win.. and start again with osx instalation..

Try pressing F8 while booting; this should take you to the darwin boot menu, you might be able to boot to windows there (assuming you didnt delete it when you repartitioned you HD; I still dont know how have you done this).

Other option is to install Acronis bootmanager....

You cant boot to osx cause you need to install an optional kernel too. So you could also re-install osx first and then try to fix the windows partition

Have you apply the PPF2 to the ISO?

Come to the irc (irc.osx86.hu) look for me at the main channel (#hackint0sh)...

Hi,

I also got some problems with the fully patched 10.5.5.

Tried several configurations (including different kernels), but OSX won't start. Installation works fine (in fact, it's the first 10.5 that is able to install :angel: )

Messages from booting with -v is attached; booting without just hangs at the white screen with Apple logo, no (HDD) activity for hours.

System is: Acer Extensa 2902 LMi (like 29x Travelmates)

1,6 GHz Pentium M (725, only SSE2!)

2x1024 MB OCZ DDR1-333

250 GB WD2500BEVE (OSX install on a formatted, primary partition - 10.4.8 worked before in this configuration)

ATi Radeon 9700 mobility (is recognized as 9600, tried all those different drivers available)

i855PM / ICH4-M Chipset

Intel 2200BG WLAN

post-250838-1228918744_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I also got some problems with the fully patched 10.5.5.

Tried several configurations (including different kernels), but OSX won't start. Installation works fine (in fact, it's the first 10.5 that is able to install :D )

Messages from booting with -v is attached; booting without just hangs at the white screen with Apple logo, no (HDD) activity for hours.

System is: Acer Extensa 2902 LMi (like 29x Travelmates)

1,6 GHz Pentium M (725, only SSE2!)

2x1024 MB OCZ DDR1-333

250 GB WD2500BEVE (OSX install on a formatted, primary partition - 10.4.8 worked before in this configuration)

ATi Radeon 9700 mobility (is recognized as 9600, tried all those different drivers available)

i855PM / ICH4-M Chipset

Intel 2200BG WLAN

post-250838-1228918744_thumb.jpg

Try installing AppleACPIPlatform from Legacy Kexts/BrazilMac or ToH kexts but probably you'll need the old APIC kext which is not yet included. Also try the Voodoo 1.0 kernel. Anyway I'm not sure if you will get QE/CI acelleration on your 9700 under 10.5. If not I would stick to 10.4 if I were you....QE/CI is a must to me

Thanks for PPF2, BlackCH

really wide driver supports. Bravo..!

I just applied PPF2 and got correct MD5 :)

5A1CB35C1C22699D027E478863276E75

2008-12-09_102836-PM.pngXxX_1055_Leopard_Rev1.png

But, I cant try to install it now because my SATA DVDRW suddenly dead :D It'll take several days to RMA.

And unfortunately the DVD still cant boot from JMicron IDE DVD Drive. I have a DVD-ROM which connected to JMicron IDE.

Error: "System config file '/com.apple.Boot.Slist' not found"

DSC01155-01.jpg

Afaik.. Chameleon bootloader should be able to boot from JMicron IDE.

Could you please release the PPF to update/fix the DVD bootloader..

Sorry I was forgot to report about this when tested PPF1.

Thanks,

Arial/z0r

Afaik.. Chameleon bootloader should be able to boot from JMicron IDE.

Could you please release the PPF to update/fix the DVD bootloader..

Sorry I was forgot to report about this when tested PPF1.

Thanks,

Arial/z0r

Chameleon 1.0.11 has the JMicron fix. The one in the DVD is the 1.0.8 version (as you already noticed). I will release a PPF3 next week to update this and a few more things I found...

Chameleon 1.0.11 has the JMicron fix. The one in the DVD is the 1.0.8 version (as you already noticed). I will release a PPF3 next week to update this and a few more things I found...

w00t :):) thank you so much..

other thing..

OSx86Tools should be updated too with current latest version (v1.0 build 150 Final). http://######.com/osx86tools/

It has full GUI and support to add EFI strings easily.

a9e52cfe.png

2czeh03.png

Try installing AppleACPIPlatform from Legacy Kexts/BrazilMac or ToH kexts but probably you'll need the old APIC kext which is not yet included. Also try the Voodoo 1.0 kernel. Anyway I'm not sure if you will get QE/CI acelleration on your 9700 under 10.5. If not I would stick to 10.4 if I were you....QE/CI is a must to me

Voodoo 1,0 was the first kernel i tried, but same result

Also with BrazilMac kexts

ToH results in an instant reboot :(

Sounds like no 10.5 this time, again. If my 10.4.8 had no graphic problems, I'd stick to it...

Voodoo 1,0 was the first kernel i tried, but same result

Also with BrazilMac kexts

ToH results in an instant reboot :)

Sounds like no 10.5 this time, again. If my 10.4.8 had no graphic problems, I'd stick to it...

Install only the ACPIPlatform kext from those and just one at the time...

Anyway, the next PPF will include the driver I think may solve your problem. So you're welcome to try again next week when the new PPF is out.

A little question:

First, your Distro is the best and I will stick with XxX x86...but I'm interessted in Upgrades...will you update the iso to 10.5.6 and later? If yes, will you release a new Distro or a PPF-Patch?

Also I have some Wishes for the next PPF:

-Like said before..please update OsX86-Tools...

-What about MacFuse and NTFS-3G? This would be great...

So, many Thanks in Advance!!! -_-

A little question:

First, your Distro is the best and I will stick with XxX x86...but I'm interessted in Upgrades...will you update the iso to 10.5.6 and later? If yes, will you release a new Distro or a PPF-Patch?

Also I have some Wishes for the next PPF:

-Like said before..please update OsX86-Tools...

-What about MacFuse and NTFS-3G? This would be great...

So, many Thanks in Advance!!! -_-

Thanx for the feedback! ....theres a few other distros that are quite good too. Next leo4all seems promising!

Is difficult to say about 10.5.6 as it seems machines would need DSDT patching to run it, and this is not always possible. Many BIOSes's DSDT tables wouldnt compile back... I will do a 10.5.6, but I cant asure will be as compatible as this 10.5.5. And yes, it will require a new ISO...

I'll look onto macfuse/NTFS thing for the next PPF (what about Paragon NTFS driver?)

Yeah, I used Leo4all a time ago, was my first distro..ahh the memories... :D

Back to Topic: Anyways, I don't think it's a good idea to "steal" one more thing, since a whole OS is enough for me (BUT I have a Retail DVD, only to say that...I'm shure many don't have one...). I think it should be as legally as possible...I also read that there is some minimal overheating in Paragon, and I never recognized a overheating in NTFS-3...but If you want, you can include Paragon instead of NTFS-3g (or both?). It's your choice! I personally will stick with NTFS-3g and MacFuse..legally and free ;)

How is going? Did you fix it?

hello BlackCH i think it's wonderful that you are trying to help any person that installs this distro.

i finished downloading the images and ppfs but before i burn the image i have a question. Do you think that this would work on a ati sb600 motherboard as i've tried a lot of dvds and none got past the "still waiting for root device" message? Thanks in advance :D