XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_Rev1

BlackCH

304 posts in this topic

Same here !!!

Uploader: What kind of app have you used to make the .torrent ?

If you already upload since hours - stop it. Something is wrong !!!

Also you must download the thing self ONCE before we can dl an .torrent also.

Perhaps Rapidshare is better.

Same here !!!

Uploader: What kind of app have you used to make the .torrent ?

If you already upload since hours - stop it. Something is wrong !!!

Also you must download the thing self ONCE before we can dl an .torrent also.

Perhaps Rapidshare is better.

Yes, theres something wrong with the torrent but I cannot fix it right now, I'll see tonight.

Anyway Im uploading and there are like 20 peers with 65%....

dont use Transmission; Azureus is working here

hi, i just added the ppf but i steal cant get my hdd recogniced in disck utilities!

my sata controles is ULi/ALi M5287 SATA/RAID Controller Device ID 10B9-5287

how can i solve this?

you have to build a custom kextcache for your hardware (you need OSX installed to do this):

-make hidden files visibles with onyx or macpilot

-from Terminal mount the ISO as read write:

sudo hdiutil attach -readwrite -owners on /path/to/the/ISO

-look for the Extensions.mkext within the ISO on /System/Library/ and copy it to the desktop

-Create a new folder on the desktop. Name it newKextcache or smtng like that (doesnt really matter)

-From Terminal unpack the mkext file onto that folder:

sudo kextunpack -d ~/Desktop/newKextcache ~/Desktop/Extensions.mkext

-Get the kext for your SATA and copy it to the desktop. Right click on it, and choose 'Show Package Content'. Navigate inside the Content folder and delete everything but Info.plist and MacOS folder. Now close the window and drag the kext onto the newKextcache folder.

-From the terminal repair permissions:

sudo chmod -R 755 ~/Desktop/newKextcache/*
sudo chown -R root:wheel ~/Desktop/newKextcache/*

-Still in the terminal repack the kexts onto a new mkext file:

sudo kextcache -a i386 -m ~/Desktop/newExtensions.mkext  ~/Desktop/newKextcache/

You will find the newExtensions.mkext file on your desktop. Rename it to Extensions.mkext and put it on the ISO (/System/Library/) replacing the old one. Eject the ISO and reburn.

I cannot add this in the main image 'cause it will break the support for more wide spreaded hardware. Im afraid you have to customize the DVD for your HW....is not so difficult anyway

you have to build a custom kextcache for your hardware (you need OSX installed to do this):

Could you make this for me, i dont have access to a mac, this is my only pc so.. i just ant do it..

a would apreciate if you cand send the ppf with this change to my email - 2martinis@gmail.com

sorry to bother you with this.. but i just cant doit myself...

thankz

Could you make this for me, i dont have access to a mac, this is my only pc so.. i just ant do it..

a would apreciate if you cand send the ppf with this change to my email - 2martinis@gmail.com

sorry to bother you with this.. but i just cant doit myself...

thankz

Heres the Extensions.mkext with the SATA driver included. You have to replace the one in the iso with this one; that can be made on windows (with magicISO I guess, Im not sure...)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OTI23MR4

BlackCH,

THankz for the help i really apreciate it, but it did not work, i just can see my hdd. I added your file to the DVD with transMac and burnit...

i have attached th Everes report so that you can see my devices... hope this helps oh and this topic show how the dude madi it work... http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;hl=ULi+SATA

let me know how can i help in retun! so far ill seed your files...

Report.txt

Since this thread is active, I'd like to ask for some help. I've tried this release with PPF2 applied and iDeneb, and I'm getting the same results no matter what.

I keep getting this, "OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep." Then it just sits there and says something about it still waiting for the root to reply or something. It happens no matter what, and I cannot figure out what the problem is at all.

I have an MSI K8N Neo4 motherboard and am running an AMD 3200+ CPU. My HDD is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250 GB SATA. I'm near positive my motherboard doesn't have support for Legacy USB as I went through the BIOS and could not find an option for it.

Any help will be amazingly appreciated. Please!

BlackCH,

THankz for the help i really apreciate it, but it did not work, i just can see my hdd. I added your file to the DVD with transMac and burnit...

i have attached th Everes report so that you can see my devices... hope this helps oh and this topic show how the dude madi it work... http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;hl=ULi+SATA

let me know how can i help in retun! so far ill seed your files...

Sorry mate, no hope for your pc. I dont think that driver (the one you posted the link for) works at all. Try to contact the guy from that topic, and ask him about the original topic where the driver was posted....the devices ID within the driver doesnt match yours... I thought you had it tested before. Now I have to take it out from the ISO; damn

EDIT:

I will patch the kext; lets see if it works....

try this:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ED3K5107

Since this thread is active, I'd like to ask for some help. I've tried this release with PPF2 applied and iDeneb, and I'm getting the same results no matter what.

I keep getting this, "OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep." Then it just sits there and says something about it still waiting for the root to reply or something. It happens no matter what, and I cannot figure out what the problem is at all.

I have an MSI K8N Neo4 motherboard and am running an AMD 3200+ CPU. My HDD is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250 GB SATA. I'm near positive my motherboard doesn't have support for Legacy USB as I went through the BIOS and could not find an option for it.

Any help will be amazingly appreciated. Please!

At this point AMD is UNTESTED so I cant tell if this is related with your CPU or with the chipset....It will clear up when more AMD users start testing.

Sorry mate, no hope for your pc. I dont think that driver (the one you posted the link for) works at all. Try to contact the guy from that topic, and ask him about the original topic where the driver was posted....the devices ID within the driver doesnt match yours... I thought you had it tested before. Now I have to take it out from the ISO; damn

EDIT:

I will patch the kext; lets see if it works....

try this:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ED3K5107

hi, did not kork ... here is a screenshot of the installer, after that i go to disck utils but no luck

as for the other topic, i have tried to contact the guy, and in order to make what he did, i need a osX machine to set permissions... so im stuck!

any other ideas?

post-304030-1228725552_thumb.jpg

hi, did not kork ... here is a screenshot of the installer, after that i go to disck utils but no luck

as for the other topic, i have tried to contact the guy, and in order to make what he did, i need a osX machine to set permissions... so im stuck!

any other ideas?

Is the installer getting stuck there (screenshot) or it gets to the GUI?...

you can try installing onto a USB HD.... is your USB working while running the installer?

Im upolading one more file soon; I hope you have a DVD-RW.....

Is the installer getting stuck there (screenshot) or it gets to the GUI?...

you can try installing onto a USB HD.... is your USB working while running the installer?

Im upolading one more file soon; I hope you have a DVD-RW.....

yes, im geting to the gui..

the second time i had a problem with the installer that asked me to clean the cd cose the installer could continue, but anyway i could use the disckutility but couldnt find my hdd...

and yes im using a RW disck... so far i have tried every distro i found in this forum with no luck. now im going to patch the ppf to your dvd again and trie the kext to see if i can get past the error on the install...

thankz for the help!

WORKED!! i got my hdd recogniced!! ;)

after instalation took place, at first boot i have a "boot0: error" message..

im looking for the solution, so far i booted with a liveCD and i can see my 2 partitions.. hope is a MBR problem jeje

Thankz for the help so far!

Good!

save the installer log after the install is finished, ziped, and attach it here; I want to see whats wrong with the bootloader; do you have windows on the same hard disk?

Now you need to replace the driver that actually is installed; otherwise it will happen the same after you finish the installation; you wont be able to boot the HD.

Download and unpack. Copy the resulting file (on windows this probably looks like a folder) to /System/Installation/Packages/Patches/Chipset/ on the ISO. Then when installing choose the Uli driver from the Chipset menu.

This package is not meant to be used outside the DVD. It will install the kext in a temp directory. You can extract the kext and install it with kexthelper thou

Uli5278_SATA.zip

Good!

save the installer log after the install is finished, ziped, and attach it here; I want to see whats wrong with the bootloader; do you have windows on the same hard disk?

Now you need to replace the driver that actually is installed; otherwise it will happen the same after you finish the installation; you wont be able to boot the HD.

Download and unpack. Copy the resulting file (on windows this probably looks like a folder) to /System/Installation/Packages/Patches/Chipset/ on the ISO. Then when installing choose the Uli driver from the Chipset menu.

Yes i have win Xp in the other partition..

ill copy these file, but i cant change the permission on it!

the installation takes about 1hour, so i trie to get back with the log...

Good!

well, the instalation went well, now wen i boot i see something diferent, boot MBR boot done and and then i go to windows...

i dont see how to give you the log or how to boot into osX

well, the instalation went well, now wen i boot i see something diferent, boot MBR boot done and and then i go to windows...

i dont see how to give you the log or how to boot into osX

You might need to make the OSX partition active from windows with diskpart. Im not completely sure about the sintaxis but it goes something like that:

-Go to start/run and type 'command' + ENTER to get to the command line.

-Invoke DiskPart by typing

DISKPART

-Select the disk that contains the partition you want to make active, such as

DISKPART> select disk 0

-List the partitions on the disk by typing

DISKPART> list partition

-Select the partition you want to work with, such as

DISKPART> select partition 0

-Make the selected partition the active partition by typing

DISKPART> active

reboot and see how it goes

You might need to make the OSX partition active from windows with diskpart. Im not completely sure about the sintaxis but it goes something like that:

-Go to start/run and type 'command' + ENTER to get to the command line.

-Invoke DiskPart by typing

DISKPART

-Select the disk that contains the partition you want to make active, such as

DISKPART> select disk 0

-List the partitions on the disk by typing

DISKPART> list partition

-Select the partition you want to work with, such as

DISKPART> select partition 0

-Make the selected partition the active partition by typing

DISKPART> active

reboot and see how it goes

I did as you sed, i have 3 partitions listed as follow

Partition 1 principal

partition 2 extended

partition 3 logic

i selected partition 3 to activate, an as soon as i reboot i got back to the "boot0:error"

if is any help... during the instalation i only selected chamaleon bootloader and my sata controler..

I did as you sed, i have 3 partitions listed as follow

Partition 1 principal

partition 2 extended

partition 3 logic

i selected partition 3 to activate, an as soon as i reboot i got back to the "boot0:error"

if is any help... during the instalation i only selected chamaleon bootloader and my sata controler..

I think you have to convert part.3 to primary partition.