XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_Rev1

BlackCH

304 posts in this topic

I've gone through the files. All of them are included already on the DVD. I then assume you cannot boot the DVD; is that the case? I'll see what I can do. Is there any other osx distro that works out of the box on your board?

to all: Thanks for the feedback

hmmm lol.. no i can boot the DVD and install wil complete but the system will not boot after... these are my complete specs if you can give me an idea of what to select on install that would be awesome

Asrock Dual-775 Vista Board

Intel E4300 Dual Core

NVIDIA PNY 7300GS 256MB G/card

if theres any other specs u need just reply and ill get them for you..

Thanks for your time anywho..

Wez

Oh and the only disc that works with my system is the kalyway discs that are patched with thestevo's patch

no i can boot the DVD and install wil complete but the system will not boot after...

Do you get just a black screen with a blinking cursor or the system actually boots but doesnt get to the GUI? if so, boot with -v flag to see what's happening; whats the last message do you see?

Anyway, try installing all the items selected by default plus:

VIA-SB (from chipset menu)

NVinject 2.1 (from Graphics/NVidia/Nvinject menu)

ALC888 (from audio/ICH7 menu)

Viarhine (from network)

It might work.

it seems pc-efi v9 has been released and so will the 10.5.6 real soon judging from the fact that the recent seed has no more known bugs. Maybe this could be a 10.5.6 + efi v9 distro when released?

It could, but theres more to the 10.5.6 update: Some people reported kernel panics at boot because a new AppleRTC.kext; some of those peoples were even using EFI-x dongle. Aparently this is a problem related with the dsdt tables which hopefully you can fix with fassl patcher (it doesnt work on all machines). This patching must be done after installing so; and is different for every machine (you can not use a 'generic' dsdt table).... well, I guess we have to wait till the update is out and test it.

Do you get just a black screen with a blinking cursor or the system actually boots but doesnt get to the GUI? if so, boot with -v flag to see what's happening; whats the last message do you see?

Anyway, try installing all the items selected by default plus:

VIA-SB (from chipset menu)

NVinject 2.1 (from Graphics/NVidia/Nvinject menu)

ALC888 (from audio/ICH7 menu)

Viarhine (from network)

It might work.

ill give it a blast now thanks for the help just need to find the right disk ... i really should invest in a cd marker :D if it fails ill post wat it says with the -v flag =)

thanks again

Wez

and it was a failure....

I try and run the -v flag but all i get is a flash of like 5-10 lines of something like [hfs+kernel.....

it gets real anoying lol....everytime i get my hopes up when i see that install bar go across :P

do i have to select an optional kernal or not? as i only selected the things u said to select and obviously the things i have to have rite on top of the list...

I've been posting the results of my testings in here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=131184&hl=, am I wrong?

Is fine; This has become the main thread thou. Better post here. BTW can you send me the natitx1300?

So, then for what the Legacy ATI Drivers (ATI_9550_C006_AGP) is ?? :)

In XxX Tiger x.4.11 i don't have problem with CI/QE

Someone request them; I guess you get res change

Is fine; This has become the main thread thou. Better post here. BTW can you send me the natitx1300?

With my dell XPS m1330, I'm getting the common boot error "IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23", I use to be able to eject the CD at that spot, wait a few seconds... and put it back in for it to work. This time thats not working. I tried platform=X86PC, but that didn't work either. How can I boot via the DVD with another kernel?

Thanks!

After a bit of time I now have the ASUS P5KPL-CM with Intel Dual Core E5200 (2.5GHz) working.

The onboard video does not work so I am using a MSI 8400GS 512MB.

The onboard LAN does not work so I am using a DLink DGE-530T gigabit ethernet PCI card.

I installed with the following extra ticked:

- ICHx Dune

- NVInject 0.2.1 512MB

- AppleAzillaAudio

- EnhancedSpeedstep

- KextHelper

- OSX86 Tools

- Perian

Once this asked to reboot I removed the disk from the DVD drive and it booted fine ... now to get network card happy ...

I originally tried the "Marvel Skge Driver" from the options list but it resulted in a kernel panic upon reboot ... I then found "skge.kext.02e" from the 88E8001 thread and loaded it with kext helper, it instantly recognized the Ethernet Card without even rebooting :unsure:

I am not sure how it differs from the one included on the XxX beta but for my configuration it worked great.

I have not yet loaded too many other programs yet but will update when I do.

As I mentioned above, not sure what is different about this kext but maybe you could add this as a separate option for the DLink DGE-530T ethernet card (it is a B2 version needing device ID 4B011186 from what I can find).

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=15700

Yes, I got res change.

Where do you want me to send it?

oh, sorry; you can just attach it here or up it to a free share service; either way is fine.

Many thanks!

BlackCH, Since you probally know this DVD the best, how can i boot from another kernel on the Install DVD? Clearly with the IOAPIC something is wrong, so how can I get my computer to boot with that error?

Thanks!

This is working fine for me.

This is my system

~ Dell XPS M170 ~

~ VOODOO B2 Kernel ~

Intel P M 2.0GHz

Mem 1GB DDR 2 533 FSB

Nvidia GO 7800 GTX 256MB

1 HD SATA WD 160GB (upgrade)

Dell TrueMobile 1350 802.11b/g Mini PCI Wifi (got from ebay)(Broadcom chipset Leopard airport detect)(original intel 2200b/g)

Dell Truemobile 300 Bluetooth Module (original no bluetooth got module from ebay)

ALPS touchpad (trackpad) two-finger scrolling.

BlackCH, Since you probally know this DVD the best, how can i boot from another kernel on the Install DVD? Clearly with the IOAPIC something is wrong, so how can I get my computer to boot with that error?

Thanks!

Theres only one kernel on the DVD. You could mount the ISO as readwrite and replace the kernel and the /System/Library/Extensions.mkext file with the ones you like, then re-burn.

hdiutil attach -readwrite -owners on /path/to/the/iso

I've tested this, and I was very surprised:

100% working...realy everything works what can works! And System is fast as hell...

I've only choosed Audio, Kernel (Voodoo), SpeedStep, Batterymanager, a few Apps and that's it...no Video..and now I tell you why:

First Time, I installed GMAx3100, but when the System boots, it won't display something...

So, Installed it again, but this Time without something choosed in Video and...bam, every eything was ready, full Resolution, and all what you can have in Video...100%...very funny :D

But I have a question: What about Dual-Booting with Vista? I have the strange issue that some Distros works (Leo4all, iDeneb) for a Dual-Boot, and some not (iAtkos)...will this Distro works? Can anyone confirm who already sucessfully managed to Dual-Boot with Vista? Many Thanks in Advance!

So, congratulations BlackCH, for me the best Distro right now :) !!!

Greetings from Switzerland!! :P

I install XxX_10.5.5_Beta1_PPF1 but PS2 keyboard doesn't work !!

Help plzz

Did you select the PS2 controller under essential kexts?

Also, what chipset driver should I select for my Intel e8400 3.00ghz?

and which driver should I select for my HD 4870 video card?

Help would be appreciated :)