XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_Rev1

BlackCH

304 posts in this topic

hello BlackCH i think it's wonderful that you are trying to help any person that installs this distro.

i finished downloading the images and ppfs but before i burn the image i have a question. Do you think that this would work on a ati sb600 motherboard as i've tried a lot of dvds and none got past the "still waiting for root device" message? Thanks in advance :D

Well, is the only way to ensure things on the DVD work as the should. I only have a couple of computers here and the disc contains quite a lot of drivers that I cannot test by myself...

About your question, the only way to know is trying. I've added the ATI ata driver but I dont have a way to test it.

ok i tried to install but cannot get past the "still waiting for root device" message, the dvd stops reading the install disk.

can you please help me get this distro to work or guide me to a distro that works(although i doubt it as i tried a vast majority of them). This are my specifications:

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:

Computer Type ACPI x86-based PC (Mobile)

Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate

OS Service Pack -

Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16757

DirectX DirectX 10.0

Computer Name NOBUNAGAODA-PC

User Name Nobunaga Oda

Logon Domain NobunagaOda-PC

Date / Time 2008-12-11 / 13:48

Motherboard:

CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Core Duo T2350, 1866 MHz (14 x 133)

Motherboard Name Packard Bell EasyNote MX36

Motherboard Chipset ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

System Memory 896 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

DIMM1: Micron 4HTF6464HY-667E1 512 MB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

DIMM3: Micron 4HTF6464HY-667E1 512 MB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

BIOS Type AMI (10/02/07)

Display:

Video Adapter ATI RADEON XPRESS 1100 (128 MB)

Video Adapter ATI RADEON XPRESS 1100 (128 MB)

3D Accelerator ATI Radeon Xpress 200M/1100M (RC410M/RC415)

Monitor Generic PnP Monitor

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC660 @ ATI SB600 - High Definition Audio Controller

Storage:

IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Storage Controller A8BC1301 IDE Controller

Storage Controller Microsoft iSCSI Initiator

Disk Drive ST9120822AS ATA Device (120 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA)

Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD-5540A ATA Device (DVD+R9:4x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:8x/8x, DVD-RW:8x/6x, DVD-ROM:8x, CD:24x/24x/24x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)

Optical Drive ZKD BOXURWHE3 SCSI CdRom Device

SMART Hard Disks Status OK

--------[ CPU ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU Properties:

CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Core Duo T2350, 1866 MHz (14 x 133)

CPU Alias Yonah

CPU Stepping D0

Instruction Set x86, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

Original Clock 1866 MHz

Min / Max CPU Multiplier 6x / 14x

Engineering Sample No

L1 Code Cache 32 KB per core

L1 Data Cache 32 KB per core

L2 Cache 2 MB (On-Die, ECC, Full-Speed)

--------[ Motherboard ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard Properties:

Motherboard ID 63-0100-000001-00101111-100207-RS400$T12R0000_BIOS DATE: 10/02/07 VER: 308

Motherboard Name Packard Bell EasyNote MX36

Front Side Bus Properties:

Bus Type Intel AGTL+

Bus Width 64-bit

Real Clock 133 MHz (QDR)

Effective Clock 533 MHz

Bandwidth 4265 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties:

Bus Type DDR2 SDRAM

Bus Width 64-bit

Real Clock 333 MHz (DDR)

Effective Clock 666 MHz

Bandwidth 5326 MB/s

--------[ Chipset ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ North Bridge: ATI RC410M ]

North Bridge Properties:

North Bridge ATI RC410M

Revision 01

Package Type 707 Pin FC-BGA

Package Size 3.1 cm x 3.1 cm

Process Technology 0.11 um

In-Order Queue Depth 12

Memory Timings:

CAS Latency (CL) 5T

RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 5T

RAS Precharge (tRP) 5T

RAS Active Time (tRAS) 15T

Row Cycle Time (tRC) 20T

RAS To RAS Delay (tRRD) 4T

Write Recovery Time (tWR) 5T

Read To Read Delay (tRTR) 1T

Read To Write Delay (tRTW) 2T

Write To Read Delay (tWTR) 3T

Read To Precharge Delay (tRTP) 3T

Error Correction:

ECC Not Supported

ChipKill ECC Not Supported

RAID Not Supported

ECC Scrubbing Not Supported

Memory Slots:

DRAM Slot #1 512 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

DRAM Slot #2 512 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

Integrated Graphics Controller:

Graphics Controller Type ATI Radeon X300

Graphics Controller Status Enabled

Graphics Frame Buffer Size 128 MB

PCI Express Controller:

PCI-E 1.0 x1 port #1 In Use @ x1 (Atheros AR5006X Wireless Network Adapter)

PCI-E 1.0 x1 port #247 Empty

Chipset Manufacturer:

Company Name Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Product Information http://ati.amd.com/products/integrated.html

Driver Download http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Driver Update http://driveragent.com?ref=59

[ South Bridge: ATI/AMD SB600 ]

South Bridge Properties:

South Bridge ATI/AMD SB600

Revision 00

Package Type 549 Pin FC-BGA

Package Size 2.3 cm x 2.3 cm

High Definition Audio:

Codec Name Realtek ALC660

Codec ID 10EC0660h / 10430000h

Codec Revision 00100001h

Codec Type Audio

Supported Sound Formats 44 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 16-bit, 20-bit, 24-bit

Chipset Manufacturer:

Company Name Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Product Information http://ati.amd.com/products/integrated.html

Driver Download http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Driver Update http://driveragent.com?ref=59

How is going? Did you fix it?

BlackCH, thankz for the concern, but i have been working a lot this week, so i didnt have time to test, so far i can't boot anything, today ill trie to install selecting sata controller, voodoo kernel and nothing more to see what hapens... i had the idea that the Vanilla kernel was installed even if i didnt select anyone...

i'll trie to contact you in the IRC during the weekend.

ok i tried to install but cannot get past the "still waiting for root device" message, the dvd stops reading the install disk.

can you please help me get this distro to work or guide me to a distro that works(although i doubt it as i tried a vast majority of them). This are my specifications:

The only driver for ATI ATA is already in. Theres nothing more I can do. But honestly OSX wouldn run so good on that machine (no graphic aclleration).

BlackCH, thankz for the concern, but i have been working a lot this week, so i didnt have time to test, so far i can't boot anything, today ill trie to install selecting sata controller, voodoo kernel and nothing more to see what hapens... i had the idea that the Vanilla kernel was installed even if i didnt select anyone...

i'll trie to contact you in the IRC during the weekend.

No problem.

Now, you need to install the default selection (all essential kexts) plus Voodoo kernel, Uli SATA and ATI ATA drivers...

Vanilla kernel is installed by default (without selecting anything), but I dont think your CPU can run it. I guess thats why you get instant restart.

Also try pressing F8 while booting; should take you to the bootloader menu. There you can select to boot the windows partition...

No problem.

Now, you need to install the default selection (all essential kexts) plus Voodoo kernel, Uli SATA and ATI ATA drivers...

Vanilla kernel is installed by default (without selecting anything), but I dont think your CPU can run it. I guess thats why you get instant restart.

Also try pressing F8 while booting; should take you to the bootloader menu. There you can select to boot the windows partition...

i got some time today, and i made some progres! no windows back yet but i reinstalled osx and got almoust in!

during installation i selected ULI SATA, ATI x200,chamaleo and Voodoo 1.0

installation runs fine, but i got stuck in the pic..

theres no kernelpanic, but i waited and nothing happened

tomorrow ill have more time for more testing...

post-304030-1229030593_thumb.jpg

i got some time today, and i made some progres! no windows back yet but i reinstalled osx and got almoust in!

during installation i selected ULI SATA, ATI x200,chamaleo and Voodoo 1.0

installation runs fine, but i got stuck in the pic..

theres no kernelpanic, but i waited and nothing happened

tomorrow ill have more time for more testing...

Im not sure if you have already patched the ISO with the PPF2! I assume you do.

Anyway, you are getting closer. Kernel, and chipset is ok (You could try the AppleATIATA driver instead of the x200 and you dont have to select chameleonSMBIOS, the regular chameleon is installed by default)...but I dont think this is a problem... Are you sure you installed AppleDecrypt kext (from essential kexts)?...

Now you have to add graphics, audio and network drivers; that might be the problem.

-for your 8400GS you can try NVkush driver (only if you have 256MB card), NVinject or NVDarwin (with these last two you have to choose the one that maches the amount of ram of your card)

-for your Network Marvell SKGE (there are two, you have to try)

-for sound AppleAzaliaAudio (only output, your onboard sound is problematic)

Also add to your selection 'USBfix', 'bootprompt', 'SySProfilerFix' from 'others'. Then on the first boot after install type -f and enter

You can select all items from tools too.

So your selection should be:

-Essential System Software

-All 'Essential Kext' Items

-Voodoo 1.0 kernel

.AppleATIATA (or x200)

-Uli SATA

-NVinject (or NVDarwin or NVKush)

-AppleAzaliaAudio

-Marvell Skge

-USBFix

-BootPrompt

-SySProfileFix

-All Items from 'Tools' (optional)

Hallo there,

i'm not really good with usage of a mac.But untill now i've already succesfully installed 3 different versions of mac ( Jas 10.4 , Kalyway 10.5.2 and also XxX 10.5.5 just last night )

The installation went smoothly even for the first time. But there are some things that are missing such as:

-No boot option (i'm dualbooting one harddisk with vista too)

-No sleep/hibernate

-i think, the cursor movement is a little slower than its working in my vista ( as i can see, my GPU is properly detected with Quartz supported. Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS 256MB )

Options that i used : all essentials,EFIv_9,appleazalia,attensicR1,NvInject2.1,GenericAppleManagement,all optional tools

I think thats all. Btw i'm using laptop ( asus f3 ) .

What would any of you recommend me to do so that i can get the missings function? Thanks in advance

Hallo there,

i'm not really good with usage of a mac.But untill now i've already succesfully installed 3 different versions of mac ( Jas 10.4 , Kalyway 10.5.2 and also XxX 10.5.5 just last night )

The installation went smoothly even for the first time. But there are some things that are missing such as:

-No boot option (i'm dualbooting one harddisk with vista too)

-No sleep/hibernate

-i think, the cursor movement is a little slower than its working in my vista ( as i can see, my GPU is properly detected with Quartz supported. Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS 256MB )

Options that i used : all essentials,EFIv_9,appleazalia,attensicR1,NvInject2.1,GenericAppleManagement,all optional tools

I think thats all. Btw i'm using laptop ( asus f3 ) .

What would any of you recommend me to do so that i can get the missings function? Thanks in advance

I assume you have 1 HD with mutiple partitions. If you press F8 while booting the Darwin booloader menu will appear (You can install 'BootPrompt' from 'Others' so this happens automatically every time). There you can choose which partition to boot (Vista partition=Windows NTFS). I havent tryed this with PCEFI 9 but I know this works with chameleon (If you dont select any Optional Bootloader chameleon 1.0.11 is installed by default).

For getting sleep to work install Voodoo kernel. For hibernate you need EFI 9 plus a patched DSDT table (but doesnt work on all computers; you need to try in yours)

more info here:

http://netkas.org/?p=74

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=136720

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683

you're right..i'm using single harddisk for 3 partitions. vista + leopard + data . I see . I'll try what u recommended me to do tonight...

sorry to ask again, in your opinions,which one is supposed to perform better? the chameleon or the PCEFI9?

you're right..i'm using single harddisk for 3 partitions. vista + leopard + data . I see . I'll try what u recommended me to do tonight...

sorry to ask again, in your opinions,which one is supposed to perform better? the chameleon or the PCEFI9?

I dont think someone would notice a difference in performance.... I dont

Im really looking foward to Chameleon next release; All features merged in one bootloader. They are doing a fabulous job!

Thanks a lots..I've already try ur suggestions..Right now running Leopard 10.5.5 and almost fully working.

Problems in which I still encountered :

- Restart / Shutdown problem. Sometimes hang with black screen. Some people said that this is default problem from Apple distro.

- Sleep also not working even from voodoo kernel. Sometimes it is working, but I'll lost my lan connectivity

- wlan,bluetooth and card reader are also not working. But these are already non-solved problems since i used Tiger. Just as info.

Others than that..perfekt..Thanks..Just now finished repairing the quartz extreme not supported problem. Need to sleep right now..Leaving my laptop on Leopard for tonight to see if there any system instability. Thanks again..wonderfull works btw..

You can try to installing the OpenHaltRestart kext to see if helps with the restart/shutdown problems. The genericCPUpowermanagment by Superhai has the same functions embeded so if you are using that already it means OHR kext wont help...

Another option to fix sleep is to use a patched dsdt table and add some missing lines (which I cannot remember now). Follow the links from my other post on how to use the patcher. You will need to patch DSDT tables anyway if you intend to update to 10.5.6: http://netkas.org/?p=78

hi everyone and BlackCH, I'm a new fish for OSX and I beg your pardon for using your time.

one question, after I finishing the installation, my computer can not boot by disk, it was just dead when displaying the apple wallpaper and a mouse pointer there or sometime only the wallpaper...

by rebooting with the installation DVD after finishing it would just intall again..

could somebody give me an answer please?

thanks a lot and have a nice day!

P35 with ICH7/E6550@2.33G/4G/8800GT 512M/IDE disk/ALC883/RLT8139

hi everyone and BlackCH, I'm a new fish for OSX and I beg your pardon for using your time.

one question, after I finishing the installation, my computer can not boot by disk, it was just dead when displaying the apple wallpaper and a mouse pointer there or sometime only the wallpaper...

by rebooting with the installation DVD after finishing it would just intall again..

could somebody give me an answer please?

thanks a lot and have a nice day!

P35 with ICH7/E6550@2.33G/4G/8800GT 512M/IDE disk/ALC883/RLT8139

Which mobo do you have (brand/model)?

anyway, try a fresh install with this (erase the target partition before reinstalling) selection:

-Voodoo 1.0 kernel (or dont select any optional kernel. You should be able to run Vanilla)

-ICHx Dune

-AppleAHCIPort_extended

-NVinject_512mb or NVDarwin_512_mb

-LastMBPNVKext (optional; just install if your problem persist)

-ALC883 (there are a couple to choose from, just tr)

-PCGeneric_realtek8139 (this is optional. the 8139 should work out of the box)

-BootPrompt

-SySProfileFix

Try doing the first boot with -v -f

hi BlackCH, me again

thanks for your help and I finally installed XxX 10.5.5 as you teached me

could you answer me one more question please.........

my RTL8139 can't work. my router support DHCP but it can't assign a correct IP address for my 8139, then it's helpless when I inputted an IP manually which can work on my XP PC ..

safari's diagnosticating shows that my 8139's "NetWorking" is connecting but ISP and Server and Internet are red lights...

what's wrong with my setting?

hi BlackCH, me again

thanks for your help and I finally installed XxX 10.5.5 as you teached me

could you answer me one more question please.........

my RTL8139 can't work. my router support DHCP but it can't assign a correct IP address for my 8139, then it's helpless when I inputted an IP manually which can work on my XP PC ..

safari's diagnosticating shows that my 8139's "NetWorking" is connecting but ISP and Server and Internet are red lights...

what's wrong with my setting?

Did you install PCGeneric.Realtek8139.Ethernet? if yes reinstall without it, if not then reinstall with it.

If you reinstall you can add:

-DSDT patcher and

-ChameleonSMBIOS

to your selection. You NEED this if you want to update to 10.5.6 next week.

If you get a DSDT.aml file on the root of your OSX HD means it worked. Or check the Install Log (during installing, menu bar/Window/InstallLog select 'show all logs' from the dropdown menu on the left)...

BlackCH,

Thanks for all you do!!!! I have tried many times to get this release to work, but without success, I have gotten JaS and Kalyway to work fine. I would really like to get this to work. Here are some screen shots were it stops during boot up, the first one is normal boot, and the second one is safe boot with -x. My specs are below:

Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz SSE3

MSI 945GCM478 Motherboard

Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT 512MB

Intel 945GC ICH7 Chipset

Realtek RTL8101E Lan

Realtek ALC 888 Audio

post-16571-1229226155_thumb.jpg

post-16571-1229226168_thumb.jpg

BlackCH,

Thanks for all you do!!!! I have tried many times to get this release to work, but without success, I have gotten JaS and Kalyway to work fine. I would really like to get this to work. Here are some screen shots were it stops during boot up, the first one is normal boot, and the second one is safe boot with -x. My specs are below:

Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz SSE3

MSI 945GCM478 Motherboard

Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT 512MB

Intel 945GC ICH7 Chipset

Realtek RTL8101E Lan

Realtek ALC 888 Audio

No Problem,

What items have you Installed? post a full list

try:

-Voodoo 1.0 kernel

-ICHx Dune (optional)

-AppleAHCIPort_extended (optional)

-ALC888 (there are a couple to choose from, just try)

-RTL1000 driver

-BootPrompt

-SySProfileFix

Hey ,

installed XxX 10.5.5 successfully on an AMD machine with following specs:

AMD X2 5200+ (dual core @2.6Ghz, 1MB L2)

Asus M2N32SLI - NForce 590SLI

Geforce 8800GTS 320 MB

Installed Packages:

Essentials

Voodoo 1.0

dsdt patch

Netkas EFI v9 bootloader -> chameleon didn't work (couldn't find the reason, as the timeout was set to 0 and the grey boot screen froze)

NforceATA -> works great!

forcedeth -> leads to KP after some KB were transmitted, nForceLAN.kext works well

AzaliaAD1988b

NVInject 0.21 320

Well, At the start I had problemes with choosing the right kernel, you really should prepare the com.boot.plist better, right now it's a hassle to get the sys bootet which needs special boot parameters.

Hey ,

installed XxX 10.5.5 successfully on an AMD machine with following specs:

AMD X2 5200+ (dual core @2.6Ghz, 1MB L2)

Asus M2N32SLI - NForce 590SLI

Geforce 8800GTS 320 MB

Installed Packages:

Essentials

Voodoo 1.0

dsdt patch

Netkas EFI v9 bootloader -> chameleon didn't work (couldn't find the reason, as the timeout was set to 0 and the grey boot screen froze)

NforceATA -> works great!

forcedeth -> leads to KP after some KB were transmitted, nForceLAN.kext works well

AzaliaAD1988b

NVInject 0.21 320

Well, At the start I had problemes with choosing the right kernel, you really should prepare the com.boot.plist better, right now it's a hassle to get the sys bootet which needs special boot parameters.

Great!, you're the first to report success on AMD!

Can you be more specific about what is needed in the boot.plist? Theres 'BootPromt' package that install a boot.plist with Timeout if thats what you need. If you install this package the booting will stop at darwin menu where you can boot with any flags you need...

thanx for testing

No Problem,

What items have you Installed? post a full list

try:

-Voodoo 1.0 kernel

-ICHx Dune (optional)

-AppleAHCIPort_extended (optional)

-ALC888 (there are a couple to choose from, just try)

-RTL1000 driver

-BootPrompt

-SySProfileFix

I am using XxX 10.5.5 PPF2 disk (just for info). Tried options listed above, same problem. I checked the MD5, it's good, I also reburned the disk. Here is another screen shot.

post-16571-1229269123_thumb.jpg