NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2

aqua-mac

413 posts in this topic

i installed 9600gt g94 with kext found on this forum and nvdarwin no need to do efi and gfx stuff just copy nvidia kext and run nvdarwin select 512 and install repair permissions and reboot works great resolution fan all like a windows driver :angel:

Btw you need kext helper to install kext properly (at least i did)

Followed the instructions and got a 9600GT 512mb working perfectly well. Just upgraded to 10.5.5, used the driver installer in the first post, and added an EFI string using osx86tools.. everything works perfectly (well except for 2 seconds of garbled screen coming out of sleep, but I dont consider it a big deal, its really nitpicking) and games play much smoother than they did with the 7900GT.. Thanks aquaman!

Aqua-Mac i had tried nvdarwin and it didn't work i'm not sure what was wrong with my system but i did a fresh install using ideneb 10.5.5 and now it works using your installer and the nvdarwin kext i'm so happy now all i have left is my wifi card and i'll have a perfect mac lol....thank you so much for all your help and you are the man

thanks i got my 9800m gts working now. but i have one problem for now. if i attach a monitor on my laptop, it switches to the monitor, my laptop display goes black. but i want to use both monitors. cant find any settings in the systen preferences.

any idea?

@ dandaman use either gfx efi strings set to your cards vram or use the nvdarwin installer and only install the nvdarwin part with your vram this shood do it if not you may need to do a fresh install with a newer distro...my 9700mgts wouldn't work with Kalyway 10.5.2 upgraded to 10.5.5 but it worked with the latest ideneb

So, I tried the same thing as Rio and the BFG 9400GT 512MB Video Card is working perfectly.

That being said, my video card was warm to the touch!

I don't think I'm going to be using OSx86 any time soon since I just bought this card to replace my old 7600 GT that overheated and had 4 capacitors explode because of my Hackintosh shenanigans.

Word to the wise guys: Be careful with your machines guys.

At least until someone figures out a better way to cool your card via software.

aqua, hey bro! ;)

i need your help ,

so check this out. i had a iatkos 10.5.2 box with a 9800gtx, working with full QE/CI ( forgot what i did to get it working it was a while ago since i set it up lol )

so after digging around i decided to go to 10.5.5. updates worked, got my box running,

network didnt work. (fixed now after reinstalling the kext.)

sound didnt work (same as above.)

and my graphics. kinda work ( no QE/CI )

so i did some digging around, checked out my com.apple.boot.plist and my GFX string is still in there.

card is working under all res's fine., but i need QE / CI to work before i have a cow. :P

i installed the driver package, and re did the GFX strings.

still nothing.

any ideas?

When you upgraded to 10.5.5, did you do it with the Delta updates or all in one go with the combined update.

Things generally go better with the combined update. Also did you use the genuine Apple update or one that someone fixed as a safe upgrade.

I know it's a pain, but generally updating with the Apple updates works best. You may find that you have to install again. If you look through this thread, a few people have had success where they re-installed. If you do this, then don't install any video drivers during the install. I have seen a few have success with ideneb 10.5.5, look on this page, 3 posts above, roadcrash1 was having a similar problem.

aqua, i did the combined combo update directly from apple,

i did a couple things thu ,

a) ran a pre update package.

:) ran the combo update.

c) and ran a post combo update.

rebooted and it worked great.

the card works, but no QE / CI

i have the gfx strings and everything done. and still nothing. any ideas?

I think it is the prepackage update or post package. You are the 10th person who has contacted me who has updated that way and lost QE &CI. I am not sure what these fixes entail as I have not used them. There must be something on your system that is stopping QE & CI. You could try running this kext permissions fix:

http://homepage.mac.com/steve.smedley/.Pub...ons.command.zip

Leave it a while to run, it always looks like it is stuck on 20%. Then go to your System/Library folder and delete Extensions.mkext. Wait for it to rebuild, then reboot. Use -f when rebooting. If that does not clear things up, you may have to re-install.

i did that , the first two strings

give me Error 35

weird?

i did that , the first two strings

give me Error 35

weird?

btw i am in the osx86 chat if you wanna drop by and help me out a lil more.

<3

@ dandaman use either gfx efi strings set to your cards vram or use the nvdarwin installer and only install the nvdarwin part with your vram this shood do it if not you may need to do a fresh install with a newer distro...my 9700mgts wouldn't work with Kalyway 10.5.2 upgraded to 10.5.5 but it worked with the latest ideneb

road crash I will try that, so to be clear - I will be doing a CLEAN install of 10.5.5 use NVdarwin kext only followed by the installer on this topic correct?

thanks for your reply!!!

yupp dandaman tottally right thats how i got my graphics up and running i was having the same problem as you until i did a fresh install

ohhh @ Aqua-Mac since i reinstalled i installed only the vanilla kernel and my system seems much more stable and i can use regular updates =D