NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2

aqua-mac

413 posts in this topic

I tried it, and (stupidly) thought i needed to edit the device ids, and caused it not to load

lucky i had my repair partition, so i removed the efi string, and reinstalled, so it works fine

i get a slight increase in performance (10fps) using the last test in open gl extensions, at 1920x1200

Hey Aqua-Mac and others... any chance it would work with my 9800GX2 and my asus p5w DH? I've read here that intel chipset minimum has to be X48... but. is that really the way it is for now... ? :(

Any thoughts/light shed on this would be great. Thanks. BTW I don't need/want QE I would like to just get openGL up and running so that I can test out alternate workflows etc.

Again thanks for all your work so far on the drivers.

yupp dandaman tottally right thats how i got my graphics up and running i was having the same problem as you until i did a fresh install

ohhh @ Aqua-Mac since i reinstalled i installed only the vanilla kernel and my system seems much more stable and i can use regular updates =D

ROADCRASH you are a frigen genius! i got QE/CI - now just one problem - left occasional screen flickering, white flickers when opening a program or typing something... does that happen to you?

Egovoruhk,

The only successes I have come across so far are with nvidia chipsets or X48 chipsets with 9800 GX2. If the board is a X48, the card will only work in the second PCIe slot. I have no personal experience of the nvidia chipsets but one of the users here (azamic) has. It has been reported so far that P35/38 will not work.

Have a look here:

http://aquamac.proboards106.com/index.cgi?...&thread=569

You will need to get the PCI addresses from windows. I have included my GX2 plist for GFX Strings below.

You had 4 addresses in your plist. I'm assuming it's because you had 2 GX2s? Anyway, I just removed the bottom 2 and put in the addresses I got from Windows

PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1C00)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0000)

PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1C00)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0200)#PCI(0000)

Note: Those are from the second PCIe slot

Anyway, after I install the drivers and add the strings, I boot up, and it goes to just the blue screen (Although it's in 1920x1080), but it's stuck. I can boot with -x, and it will load all the way into OS X. I check System Profiler, and it's showing them, although it seems to freeze after a few minutes

Have any suggestions? I'm willing to try anything, because if this doesn't work, I'm going to sell my GX2, and buy a 9800 GTX+. I don't really want to lose the performance in Windows, but I'd rather have a working card in OS X

EGOvoruhk,

What you are getting is what we have experienced with this card. I get exactly that when I put the card in PCIe slot 1. You are right that, you can boot with -x but you get a freeze between 1 & 5 mins. Also you will get a freeze when you remove NVDAResman after a couple of mins even though you can boot. I did have 2 of these cards and could boot if I set my bios to boot from the second card in PCIe 2. That is how I discovered that PCIe 2 worked fine. A couple of other guys had the same experience with X38 boards but found the PCIe 2 trick worked when they upgraded to X48. I think X58 may solve the problem as it should be more NVIDIA friendly.

I am afraid it will be suck it and see. At the moment it seems like X48 and putting your card in the second slot is still needed. May be worth a try if you already have the hardware.

Alright Aqua man I'm gonna suck it up and try it. Would I really HAVE to put it in my 2nd slot. Geez. It's so hard to pull the darned thing out... !

Anyway I've downloaded the 9000 series driver package in post 1, I've already stripped my iDeneb 10.5.5 of any and all nVidia related drivers. I just open the package and install it? or do I have to EFI string the thing?

I've poked my nose around trying to find a decent walk through but didn't really... anyway I'll go ahead and give it a shot, I think I can reverse it's effect if it doesn't work out.

You had 4 addresses in your plist. I'm assuming it's because you had 2 GX2s? Anyway, I just removed the bottom 2 and put in the addresses I got from Windows

PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1C00)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0000)

PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1C00)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0200)#PCI(0000)

Note: Those are from the second PCIe slot

Anyway, after I install the drivers and add the strings, I boot up, and it goes to just the blue screen (Although it's in 1920x1080), but it's stuck. I can boot with -x, and it will load all the way into OS X. I check System Profiler, and it's showing them, although it seems to freeze after a few minutes

Have any suggestions? I'm willing to try anything, because if this doesn't work, I'm going to sell my GX2, and buy a 9800 GTX+. I don't really want to lose the performance in Windows, but I'd rather have a working card in OS X

Just wondering, what brand is your GX2 and what board are you using? I never had time to install Vista to get those pci addresses...

Ok Aqua-mac, I installed your driver package and while the drivers still allowed my system to boot, obviously nothing happens (except for some screen artifacts etc) and this is presumably because I need to add EFI strings... ?

So, I've got OSx86 tools but there's no EFI string generated for my 9800GX2. How would I go about generating the string... I've done searches but I seem to be missing something here....

Sorry for the trouble. This is like the last biggest hurdle and I'm pretty much smooth sailing. I'm still getting my brain warped around this as I've grown up with DLLs and ini files... :unsure:

Phl,

Please find my in.plist below for a 9800 GX2.

Also read this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=110749&hl=

You really need windows vista to get the PCI addresses of your motherboard as you obviously cannot install your 2 cards separately.

This walkthrough I did will help you with files to download that you need (except you will not want the in.plist as I have provided the correct one below for the 9800 GX2.

http://aquamac.proboards106.com/index.cgi?...&thread=569

Good Luck.

Single_9800_GX2.zip

Has anyone got this to work with a GeForce 9600 GS?

I can't get hardware mode to work.. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers,

MB7

I just made an installer for the NVIDIA 9 Series Drivers taken from the new Macbookpro Update. Download it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/156247292/NVID...ver_v2.zip.html

(Latest update- Version 2 - NVIDIA 9700m GTS added 062A-10DE dev id) (For the latest updates always use this link).

My 9800 GTX now uses the correct Open GL Engine.

seriesdriverinst.jpeg

workingcards.jpeg

mysetup.jpeg

10.5.5 minimum requirement I would think.

:D

it doesn't work with my 9300m gs 256mb..

the device id is 0x06e910de

it seems different from 9300gs..

can anyone tell me what can i do??

as roadcrash advised me and it worked, I did a clean install of iatkos 4.1 v 10.5.4 updated to 10.5.5 vanilla.

then installed the NVdarwin installer 1.2.3 and used the KEXT only from nvdarwin, by choosing the proper vram. then installing the NVIDIA_9000_Series_Driver_v2 from this forum and rebooted that was it i got qe/ci and resolution. the only problem i got now is the screen flicker... but i am told to put in the edid data and thats all.

now if you do that and it dont work still just open the nvhal50 and add that device id to it and the nvdarwin kext in the iopcimatch string.

hope that helps it did to me too as it did to roadcrash!!!

as roadcrash advised me and it worked, I did a clean install of iatkos 4.1 v 10.5.4 updated to 10.5.5 vanilla.

then installed the NVdarwin installer 1.2.3 and used the KEXT only from nvdarwin, by choosing the proper vram. then installing the NVIDIA_9000_Series_Driver_v2 from this forum and rebooted that was it i got qe/ci and resolution. the only problem i got now is the screen flicker... but i am told to put in the edid data and thats all.

now if you do that and it dont work still just open the nvhal50 and add that device id to it and the nvdarwin kext in the iopcimatch string.

hope that helps it did to me too as it did to roadcrash!!!

thank you so much..

i am going to try now...

thank you

Hello,

I'm running a laptop with a 9700m GT card and I've installed the package and edited boot.plist but I can't get QE, (it just says 'not supported'), NVHAL50 or whatever it is loads.

Many Thanks,

shaananc

remove ur edit from the plist and download nvdarwin only install nvdarwin kext and set nvdarwin to your vram then install the nvidia 9 series drivers from the post