New ALC861VD ALC268 ALC660/660VD

MadTux

239 posts in this topic

i installed both of them already, now if i want to remove the files which i installed how do i go about it, i have no clue about the files which i installed by eddies package should i just delete the files i installed and reinstall them manually? if i should delete them tell me the files i should delete

i read somewhere in this thread that we should remove alcinject aswell as hdaenabler and appleazaliaaudio but in the first post by madtux the installation procedure only tells to remove azaliaaudio can anyone confirm the files they removed prior to installation of mad tux's kext

THANK YOU

hey, my way to get it to work was deleteting applehda, alcinject,appleazalia,hdaenabler and extensions mkexts, reboot.

after the reboot i noticed that OS somehow remember that it has drivers installed and actually in the logs i could see that it was looking for applehda.

so i deleted the extensions.mkext again. repaired permissions and rebooted again. after this i made him to "forget"(i think) about old drivers.

then i installed hda with autosensing from page 7 of this topic with hdaenabler from the first post using kexthelper. repaired permissions just to be sure, deleted manually(i didn't trust kexthelper saying that he did it already) extensions.mkext. at this point i got sound even before restart. i just waited about one minute. the OS loaded the applehda and hdaenabler and sound was working. now i have sound with autosensing. the headphone ports aren't listed till i connect the mini-jack. after pluggin in, sound device changes from internal speakers to headphones. if i unplug them, it changes back to internal speakers

hope this helps

Okay I attached 2 kexts.

1. With External Mic(Hiss issue)

2. Without External Mic(No hiss issue, I hope)

Autosensing should work on both kexts.

ALC268External.zip

ALC268.zip

these are the kext. the first one is applehda with autosensing and the second one is without external headphones. the hdaenabler is in the post #1

Witch kext did u use?

Can u post a link?

Thanxs, im still not runnign!!

i used the alc861vd.mpkg.zip by eddie94 in post number 109

i removed azalia from extensions folder

ran the package and installed the toshiba option

then i repaired permisions

after i did the above steps it didnt work autosensing was not working so bob2600 told me to try the other option which was not for toshiba in the alc861vd.mpkg.zip then i ran the installer again this time i checked the other option not meant for toshiba

repaired permissions

and got my headphone jack working!!!

hope it helps you too

@BRAVESKUNK

THANK YOU :)

Hi!

I can't get HDAEnabler to load. When i look in System Profile>Extensions, it's not loaded!

How can i make it load!

AppleHDA.kext doesn't load neader.

Thanks 4 any help!

I'm on iAtkos v2. 10.5.2

i could not get them to load on 10.5, but i had to update to 10.5.5, same might apply to you.

try loading them manually

go to terminal and type these commands:

sudo -s (it will ask for your password, type it but you wont see it this is normal though press enter)

cd /System/Library/Extensions/ (note casing here)

kextload -t HDAEnabler.kext (it will try and load, if it can it will, if it cant load it will tell you why)

kextload -t AppleHDA.kext (as above)

post here the results of the two kext loads

Thanxs a lot for ur data!

The Kexts loads now, but i don't get hardware detection on my Audio>Pref. pannel.

ffffffffffffffffffff

Any ideas?

THanxs again!!!

Do u think i had to update to 10.5.5

I'm on a Dell Vostro 1710, Osx86 iAtkos v2 10.5.2

Yes it can be fixed with VREF verb data in Controller, or thru signal processing in Platform plist, I will look, and post a test kext. But not today...

Has anyone figured out the quality issue with the internal speakers in the kext yet?

Thanxs a lot for ur data!

The Kexts loads now, but i don't get hardware detection on my Audio>Pref. pannel.

ffffffffffffffffffff

Any ideas?

THanxs again!!!

Do u think i had to update to 10.5.5

I'm on a Dell Vostro 1710, Osx86 iAtkos v2 10.5.2

kextload didnt give any errors? wht exactly did it say?

Thanxs a lot to all u friends!!!

I have Audio, since i reinstall the kexts files and clean the cahces. I touch de startup config on my dell, and voila.

Now i'm trying to get mic into work!!!

Thanx again, and if someone has any idea on the mic, glad to hear!!!

Leo

ALC660/660VD: ALC660_660VD.mpkg.zip

I tried it... Now I have IntSpeaker, HeadPhones, Mic and Volume control with balance but no mute on my ASUS X51L notebook (Retail Leopard 10.5.4 + Chameleon HD). It showes devices in System Profiler.

Realtek ALC660 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller PCI

Realtek ALC660

ID 10EC0660h / 10430000h

version 00100001h

type Audio

formats 44 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 16 bit, 20 bit, 24 bit

Thank You very much! Sorry for my English...

Hi all

I ve Asus F5SL with Alc 660(Audio)

Intel High Definition Audio:

(Device ID: 0x10431783)

(Audio ID: 12)

(Available Devices: ) -> in sytem profiler

After try more and more tip and tricks i found this thread :P

I Remove AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (in System/Library/Extensions)

I Install HDAEneabler from Kabyl and the ALC (ALC660/660VD) kext

I Repair permissions and kextcache and reboot...

After Reboot it Works (i am happy) i ve sounds but only internal output works

not internal micro if anyone know how i do tell me :)

in preference i see my card but fader volume doesn't modify the threshold of volume not works for me...

Could anybody help me, please.

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 in my Toshiba A100-796.

The problem i have is sound card, i have ALC681 according to the offical website of Toshiba.

but i found DEV:0862 and VEN:10ec from windows vista.

So i installed ALC681VD, for Leo and Toshiba version. both of them is working except my external sound input.

Any body knows how to solve the problem?

My controll ID is 0x27D88086, and sub 0x1179ff10.

Thank you

Acer Extensa 4620Z with Intel HDA Audio, Realtek ALC268 Success! The files linked in this post are the answer!

How I Installed

Download MadTux_collit99_ALC268_B.zip from ALC268 Tiger/Leo section

Download HDAEnabler.kext.zip from HDAEneabler from Kabyl section

Unzip files

From the command line:

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

Using Kext Helper b7 Install HDAEnabler.kext when it says restart click cancel

Using Kext Helber b7 Install ApppleHDA.kext from the MadTux folder when it says restart click cancel

Open OSx86Tools and run all the systems maintenance scripts

reboot and if you're lucky...

Built in mic works. Built in speakers work. When I plug into the headphone jack sound is routed to the headphone jack. I have not tested either input ports, but so far it works PERFECTLY!

Thanks! :D:star_smile:

Well, after couple weeks now I can say that this new ALC 660-VD driver really works better and I have no longer had problems with shuting down (in the begining I thought it works in about 50% cases).

But my audio output in my laptop is silent and with other drivers I was able to connect external speakers. Can you guys fix it?

Has anybody got mic working?, I have ALC861-VD or 862 on a MSI mother board, no laptop.

I get loud noise from external mic, and it only gets really loud sounds, that end up sounding distorted.

Anyone with this same issue?

Anyone knows if it should work?