New ALC861VD ALC268 ALC660/660VD

MadTux

239 posts in this topic

Hello

First thanks for your work :(

I have a TOSHIBA P200 13k

LEO 10.5.6 on voodoo 9.5 kernel

bash-3.2# lspci -nn

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub [8086:27a0] (rev 03)

00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express PCI Express Root Port [8086:27a1] (rev 03)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02)

When I use the ALC861VD

I can see this

1 OUT

2 IN. One internal and one external

soundoutalc861vdbr5.jpg

soundinalc861vdwe5.jpg

When I use the ALC861VD for TOSHIBA

I can see this

1 OUT

1 IN. (external)

soundouttoshibamc8.jpg

soundintoshibabe7.jpg

In both cases, the IN mic(s) doesn't work but the OUT (internal and external) works fine.

Also I can see some LOG ERRORS. For example

Feb 26 21:10:59 pascals-mac-pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == entry" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 2396 goto Exit

Feb 26 21:10:59: --- last message repeated 10 times ---

Feb 26 21:10:59 pascals-mac-pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == entry" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 2396 goto Exit

Feb 26 21:11:00 pascals-mac-pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == entry" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp" at line 2396 goto Exit

Feb 26 21:11:00 pascals-mac-pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited ( true )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 830 goto handler

Any idea ?

Do I need others KEXT (AppleAC97audio, ALCInject, other ACPI like AppleACPIPlatform, IOACPIFamily, ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin)

Also can we use the AppleHDA et HDAEnabler in /Extra/Extensions for those who use pcefi9 ?

Thanks by advance for your ideas :hysterical:

ps: the toshiba kext on the other thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63957 is most updated or oldest than the one here ? Do you want I put comments here or in the other thread ?

Ok I'm going to try to dump the codec on my ubuntu distrib or try to compile elsa and post here the codec dump for the TOSHIBA P200

This is for Toshiba, poste the feedback and a model of laptop.

KEXT: zip.gif MTux_ALC861VD_Toshiba_SysProf.zip ( 515.14K ) Number of downloads: 263

Hi

I have been using this. This works quite good. Many thanks for that. Laptop model is Toshiba Satellite A 100

Only problem is external mic is not working. Although it shows in the system preferences. with control. I dont have any built in mic.Any suggestions ?

I can confirm that auto switching and sound works on my HP DV6985se using MadTux_collit99_ALC268_B.zip + HDAEnabler.kext......

this should work on any HP DV6500, DV6600, DV6700 or DV6900 Intel (has Intel X3100 onboard or Nvidia GeForce ????) as they're usually the same motherboard with minor differences...

Sound does NOT work on Toshiba X205-SLI6

ALC268 - tried on leo4all v3 (10.5.2 no updates added)

also tried on fully updated iPC 10.5.6

It shows 1 input and 1 output and there is volume control,

however there is no sound that comes out of speakers or any

of the 4 jacks on the front of the machine, mic doesn't work

either.

I can post codec dump from latest version of Mandriva linux

where the sound does work, I also have the codec graph if that

would help out that I made following one of the tuts around here.

Using MadTux_collit99_ALC268_B + HDAEnabler i get sound on my Toshiba Satellite Pro A200 with iDeneb v1.4. Headphone jack & internal speakers works. However when the system resumes from sleep it loses the sound output on the headphone jack while the internal speaker still works.

Does anyone also have this problem and/or know how to solve it?

Sound does NOT work on Toshiba X205-SLI6

ALC268 - tried on leo4all v3 (10.5.2 no updates added)

also tried on fully updated iPC 10.5.6

It shows 1 input and 1 output and there is volume control,

however there is no sound that comes out of speakers or any

of the 4 jacks on the front of the machine, mic doesn't work

either.

I can post codec dump from latest version of Mandriva linux

where the sound does work, I also have the codec graph if that

would help out that I made following one of the tuts around here.

I have the same problem :)

Running iAtkos 5i plus 10.5.6 upgrade on a Lenovo 3000 C200 8922-A11 (ALC861VD)

I got internal and external speakers working great... volume control is also doing fine.

The only problem is with microphone, nor integrated nor external (plugged in) worked in any mode of Input Mode in System Preferences...

I'm using iPC 10.5.6. With azalia sound works in internal speaker... I wnat to enable mic and headphone... I removed azalia, install 861vd for toshiba (I have a toshiba laptop - P205-S6287) but it don't work...

Any idea?

thanks!

hi i had used this driver, my Laptop lenovo f40a which used the Realtek Alc862, but this time my Speakers and Headphone can't work, how could I make it all work? thank you

Post here only feedbacks when using these kexts, dont't ask for help, for that go to another topic:

How to Patch AppleHDA.kext

THX Eddie94 for making installers. U are the man!

This deletes AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and install AppleHDA.kext and AppleHDAEnabler.kext!

In all the installer you must select your driver!ONly into the alc268 installer is selected default the first MT driver!In others you must select your driver!

P.S. U must remove EFI string for audio if U have

Packages:

ALC861VD: ALC861VD.mpkg.zip

ALC268: ALC268.mpkg.zip

ALC660/660VD: ALC660_660VD.mpkg.zip

ALC861VD Leo

Kext should give U IntSpeaker, HeadPhones, IntMic, ExtMic and Volume control with balance but no mute. It will show devices in System Profiler. It is for Leopard.

MadTux_ALC861VD_beta_Leo.zip

This is for Toshiba, poste the feedback and a model of laptop.

KEXT: MTux_ALC861VD_Toshiba_SysProf.zip

ALC268 Tiger/Leo

Thx collit99 for fixing headphones node pins in a kext.

MadTux_ALC268_A.zip

MadTux_collit99_ALC268_B.zip

ALC660/660VD Tiger/Leo

Thanks wiwi for modding to ALC660!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...440#entry921587

How To Install

Remove AzaliaAudio.kext

Install HDAEneabler from Kabyl and the ALC kext downloaded from here.

Repair permissions and kextcache with OSx86Tools

reboot.

It will not kernel panic on HDAController. It just works, on Tiger and Leo.

HDAEneabler from Kabyl

HDAEnabler.kext.zip

Please post results. Don't just download :-)

Sound should come from speakers, and when you plug the headphones it should switch automaticly

I had tried this on my lenovo f40a which uses the Realtek ALC862, through I can control the volume now ,but my Speakers and Headphone can't work now. how could I make it all works? thank you:)

hi all,

tried and got nothing, I mean I have sound, speakers only though, but I really want to get headphone and mic working..

any idea's what I should try? When i installed the iPC 10.5.6, I installed conex HiDef and got only speakers to work. Now after trying this, nothing changed, still cant see any input device..

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:284b] (rev 03)

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc RV635 Audio device [Radeon HD 3600 Series] [1002:aa20]

Thx.

Hi, I tried almost every kext available for ALC861-VD. I read the "How to Patch AppleHDA" post and tried to make the mic work with no luck.

MadTux if you are there: I tried different connections, reading from the codec dump I made on Kubuntu, should I try the latest mandriva to see if the codec dump changes?. One positive thing is that when I loaded on the kext the "ConfigData" taken from the codec dump, it made a difference in the sound config, changing from "Internal Mic" to "Line in", still with no difference on capturing any sound.

Has anyone tried to do this same thing? I´m not asking for success, but I´d like to know if some of you tried at least.

I must say it is a long road to make it work, but I think there is an end on that road, it´s just a matter of time.

PD: my ALC861-VD is on an Nvidia Board, its a desktop PC.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok) I have ALC268

Now when I plug headphones sound switch automatically)

But what about Microphone input???

Does it possible to make it work?

Thanx a lot for your support! )))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh, sorry. The old Kext gave me audio out, but, when the driver was unloaded due to inactivity, it started doing some noise. And, besides, I didn´t have mic in. So, now, with this driver I have mic in, audio out as usual but without the noise... digital outputs I can´t tell because I don't use them... I was so happy that mic in worked that nothing else mattered!

I remind you that I have ALC861VD on a desktop machine. And other thing that I noticed is that when you reboot, the volume levels for inputs reset, so you have to re-reset them.

ALC861VD: ALC861VD.mpkg.zip

After trying OS X on my Lenovo for a couple of times and always giving up because the sound didn't work, IT FINALLY WORKS! So I'll describe my machine a bit so that other ppl can find this post.

It's a Lenovo 3000 N100 and the type number of the machine is 0768-FUG.  The Device ID by system profiler is 0x17AA2066

In the installer, I chose the first driver (NOT the toshiba one).

Thanks guys, this is awesome :-D

• 3 weeks later...

hey, i just have to add, i've been trying to get my lenovo 3000 c200 working with the alc861 for HOURS, your installers worked perfectly, i really appreciate it, you kick ass, so thanks to mad tux and eddie94

thanks

somebody has the kext that taruga published time ago for 861vd which has working mic?

bcuz im using perfectly voodooHDA on lenovo 3000 c200 with everything working except internal/external mic

that kext im talking about had everything working but volume control... plz i need it :(

well... indeed they were two:

-applehda.kext

-alcinject.kext

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HI!

I HAVE A COMPAQ PRESARIO V6000

AND I INSTALLED OSX USING IAKOS

AND EVERYTHING PRETTY MUSH WORKS FINE EXCEPT THE AUDIO

I HAVE SOUND COMING FROM MY LAPTOPS BUILT IN SPEAKERS BUT NO SOUND HEADPHONE JAKCS WHEN I PLUG IT IN TO OTHER SPEAKERS.

CAN SOME1 PLEASE HELP ME

I NEED TO GET THIWS UP AND RUNNING FOR AN EVENT 2MOROW

THNX ALOT IN ADVANCE

:(