New ALC861VD ALC268 ALC660/660VD

MadTux

239 posts in this topic

first of all clear system from applehda, hdaenabler, alcinject. then install hdenabler and one version of the alc268 kext. at this point after few seconds i can hear cracking sound and TADA!!! sounds is on. internal speakers, internal mic works. i repair permissions and delete the kext cache just in case. reboot and TADA!!! kernel panic

for installing kext i recommend kext helper. you erase cache from /system/library/extensions.mkext repair permissions with disk utility...

Thanks a lot for the data. Sorry to ask.

How do u clear system from applehda, hdaenabler, alcinject. Just delete them from extensions folder?

What version off ALC268 did u install?

You erase cache after or before installing the ALC268 kext?

Thanks again, sorry for my short brain :)

it's ok:)

just delete them from /system/library/extensions folder and then delete extensions.mkext from /system/library/ you can use osx86tools application to erase the cache as well. i tried all of the versions. i erase cache after erasing the old kext and before installing new ones.

Madtux I having the same problem. I can not get my system to see the sound card (10.5.4) at all with this new kext. I used to use your old one as I am also on a lenovo. Anyway I see there is a new installer so Ill try that one. I hope it works otherwise ill be back with some other questions.

Thanks for all the hard work.

00D

Update: Tried the new installer. It appears its Hda enabler that wont start. I have installed it like 5 times but keeps telling me it was installed incorrectly and wont load it. Is there any solution for that?

Update: I have tried repairing permissions many times. I have also reinstalled it many times.

hey, if you have 10.5.4 try downloading alc268fix.zip its floating somewhere in this section, don't really remember the topic. i used that 10.5.4 and it worked but after upgrading to 10.5.5 i lost my audio. i thinking about reverting back to 10.5.4...

hey, if you have 10.5.4 try downloading alc268fix.zip its floating somewhere in this section, don't really remember the topic. i used that 10.5.4 and it worked but after upgrading to 10.5.5 i lost my audio. i thinking about reverting back to 10.5.4...

Yeah I got the HDA Fix v3.app but it has not worked yet. I am still getting that pop up saying its not installed properly. Not sure what do do now I mean it should just work ahhhh..

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Leo Kitay, i really don't know mate since it's just a matter of kext i think. you can update to 10.5.4 using hacked combo updaters such as kalyway 10.5.3 combo update and then delta 10.5.4 update. they are floating near bay for the pirates or really small nova

For Specs see my sig.

If you use Kexthelper or OSX86Tools to install the kext do Repair Permission using Disk Utility then reboot.

can people who have 268 working post their steps of getting it to work, and what version of leopard they are running?

Please try the kext the is on my sig...

And what alc268 kext is working on your hack before? Taruga's ALC268 Installer1, 2 or 5?

yup, nice to hear it worked for you, but in my case theres still kernel panics on boot in both cases(A and :unsure: the pictures show whats happening when booting and the kernel panic dump shows... the kernel panic:)

as you can see on the first photo, theres many iokit errors made by applehda

on the second u can see that hdaenabler is loaded succesfully.

as always, kernel dump attached. mudtux, any ideas? maybe i'll give you my codec dump? will it help?

ѕӎөө, take a look at the first post... there is a ALC268.mpkg.zip available that is working very well for me! There is also the HDAEnabler.kext.zip available and the instructions to install. I recommend using OSX86Tools to install kexts and repair permissions. I'm using the Vanilla Retail DVD installation method (see my sig).

Now, when I look into my Extensions folder I see that there is a folder just below AppleHDA.kext that is called AppleHDA.taruga with a lot of things inside... I have used the Taruga's installer before and now I wonder if it's necessary to run it first to get the kexts from this topic working...

ѕӎөө, take a look at the first post... there is a ALC268.mpkg.zip available that is working very well for me! There is also the HDAEnabler.kext.zip available and the instructions to install. I recommend using OSX86Tools to install kexts and repair permissions. I'm using the Vanilla Retail DVD installation method (see my sig).

Now, when I look into my Extensions folder I see that there is a folder just below AppleHDA.kext that is called AppleHDA.taruga with a lot of things inside... I have used the Taruga's installer before and now I wonder if it's necessary to run it first to get the kexts from this topic working...

You need to remove it and the loaderHDA folder @ /Library/Startupitems

i have finally managed to get it to work for me. there must be something different about the hdaenabler in the first post, and the one collit posted a few pages back. i have done it so many times, and the only difference was using the kext from collits signature, and the kext he posted on page 4 or 5. i did it manually with kexthelper, repaired permissions, booted with -f and -v flags and viola, audio with noise. turned down the 2nd mic and bobs your uncle.

thanks for the hard work collit, madtux and taurga.

edit: i still get noise even after turning down the 2nd mic.... albeit not full volume like before but its still noticable. it does turn off after around 60 seconds of idle audio channels.

Yeah do you mean hda from his sig. I'm on 861vd but I cant get hdaenabler to load at all.

try this:

opent Terminal

login as root

go to cd /where it is/HDAEneabler.kext/Contest/MacOS/

chmod +x HDAEneabler (this makes bin file excutable)

repair permissions

reboot

it will load...

HuRRaY!!!

it works!

i now have to enable 2 headphone ports and 1 external mic since it's not listed in devices tab. i have working internal speakers and internal mic. no hiss sound even with mic to full

OMFG!!!!!!!!!! it works!!!!!!!!

Hurraaay even more!!!!

the thing is the headphones isn't listed in the out deviced BUT! if i plug in them to one of the ports(both work BTW:D) leopard automaticlly switches to headphones and i can actually see headhones listed. they only appear when the cable is plugged in. the external mic isn't working but hey, my laptop has stereo mic integrated so no big deal!

thanks guys for helping. i will stick to this topic and monitor new things,

taruga, madtux, collit and smeethy you are the man!!!

the last thing is mute, when i press mute button it doesn't do much, and when i lower the volume to 0 i still can hear the sound. seems like the scale isn't right or something, any ideas?

HuRRaY!!!

it works!

i now have to enable 2 headphone ports and 1 external mic since it's not listed in devices tab. i have working internal speakers and internal mic. no hiss sound even with mic to full

OMFG!!!!!!!!!! it works!!!!!!!!

Hurraaay even more!!!!

the thing is the headphones isn't listed in the out deviced BUT! if i plug in them to one of the ports(both work BTW:D) leopard automaticlly switches to headphones and i can actually see headhones listed. they only appear when the cable is plugged in. the external mic isn't working but hey, my laptop has stereo mic integrated so no big deal!

thanks guys for helping. i will stick to this topic and monitor new things,

taruga, madtux, collit and smeethy you are the man!!!

the last thing is mute, when i press mute button it doesn't do much, and when i lower the volume to 0 i still can hear the sound. seems like the scale isn't right or something, any ideas?

i still have the mute issue too, but that doesnt really bother me too much, the fact i had NO sound, then really hissy sound were more important for me.

i installed alc861vd.mpkg.zip and i checked both options for install the toshiba option aswell as the other option now im getting some sort of error its says hda enabler is not installed properly and i have to install it again, so what i did was delete that file and now im getting more errors, can u tell me what to do to rollback the changes made and get back to azalia please

any help is much appreciated

when i installed alc861vd.mpkg by eddie it didnt remove my appleazaliaaudio ,

tell me what i should do to get headphone working

i installed both of them already, now if i want to remove the files which i installed how do i go about it, i have no clue about the files which i installed by eddies package should i just delete the files i installed and reinstall them manually? if i should delete them tell me the files i should delete

i read somewhere in this thread that we should remove alcinject aswell as hdaenabler and appleazaliaaudio but in the first post by madtux the installation procedure only tells to remove azaliaaudio can anyone confirm the files they removed prior to installation of mad tux's kext

THANK YOU