The Great Driver Hunt

AirmanPika

563 posts in this topic

ok, you go first... :whistle:

I compared the new one with the old one, the xom.efi file does not seem to be changed at all.

However the patch folder is modified today, as is a few of the files in it. I think this will require a reinstall to accurately test.

Isn't this exactly the same EFI loader as before? What would re-blessing the same EFI loader have to do with anything?

I thought this package was simply a new slipstreamed Windows install that stripped the XOM display driver- reblessing the same boot loader won't make any difference. The accurate test would be a Windows XP re-install with the newly created CD.

I get an error at the end of the first part of the setup. "Setup cannot set the required Windows XP configuration information. This indicates an internal Setup error."

Will try once more...

Machine: MBP 2.0, 2GB, 100GB 7200RPM

I'm running the installer on the new slipstream CD; I'll let y'all know what happens.

Copying files...so far, so good. Copying extra stuff... No go. Same error as psychozz.

Strike 1. This patch is not ready for prime time.

Mine did all the copying too, but at the end it's supposed to write some configuration stuff but that's what's going wrong on my machine.

i'd bet we are going to find that this will install on some types of systems but not on others....like on imac's but not on macbooks

As far as I understand, the new patch for the windows cd includes most of the drivers needed for the mac's hardware so they will be installed upon the recognition of the hardware by the OS. These are the same drivers most of as have installed. So the new patch is mostly usefull for someone that is installing XP on his Mac for the first time and not for most of as here.

The user who posted the patch now says (on the onmac.net wiki) that he has neither tested his updated patch, nor does he even have an Intel Mac, on top of his statement that the ATI drivers included 'probley won't work'. Had that been there before, I probably wouldn't have bothered trying to install it.

The user who posted the patch now says (on the onmac.net wiki) that he has neither tested his updated patch, nor does he even have an Intel Mac, on top of his statement that the ATI drivers included 'probley won't work'. Had that been there before, I probably wouldn't have bothered trying to install it.

:whistle:

That guy wins the :whistle: award, hands down.

Suggesting a tip (which is clever, but untested) is one thing, to assemble a patch as if it had a chance in hell of working was deceitful and very :wacko:. What a moron.

I'm on a smilie kick this morning.