GeForce 200 series support

EGOvoruhk

638 posts in this topic

Sorry if this sounds really nooby, but I'm new to this.

I have a BFG Maxcore 55 GTX 260 with a P55-UD3R mobo and I used tonymacx86's latest boot cd and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install 10.6.2, and tried Netkas' enabler and injector and followed this guide:

http://www.infinitemac.com/f19/guide-gefor...-leopard-t4057/

but whatever I do I can't enable QE/CI. Has anyone else had success with this card?

GeForce GT 240 support possible ?

Here are my specs:

Intel Core i5 750

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 (F6 Bios)

Sparkle GT 240 512MB DDR5

4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600

1TB Western Digital Caviar Black (on Blue SATA Port 0)

Lite-On SATA DVD-RW (On Blue SATA Port 1)

Using TonyMac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] I've got Snow Leopard installed and upated to 10.6.2 - Using his [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and NVEnabler, I am getting no video...

Is the GeForce GT 240 supported and if so, what Kext or packages should I be using ?

Official good, fully working procedure for GTX 285 in 10.6.3?

Just took the plunge with my Hackie and spent many frustrating hours trying to get SL running. Ran 10.5.8 like a charm for months, but now I finally have it running 10.6.3 with no issue.

Thing is, I play WoW, and those of you who also play may know that WoW got a new OpenGL backend not long ago. However, it was buggy, so a later patch restored the old backend while Blizz keeps hammering on the new one. You can enable it by adding a string to the config.wtf file.

Long story short, the GTX 285 is working, fully accelerated, but locks up with the new backend, something it never did before. I start WoW and it takes only a few seconds after the main screen loads for it to lock. The old backend works fine and has MASSIVELY improved framerates over 10.5.8!

Thing is, the only thing I've done to enable this card was to add "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to Chameleon. Bam, full acceleration. I tried adding an EFI string with x86 Tools, but that made both backends lock up.

Maybe I was just using an older version of the x86 Tools, but is there an official, stamped, fully-functional tweak for best stability/performance of the GTX 285 in 10.6.3?

Hi to everyone.

My laptop (Asus UL50VG) has 2 graphics cards. Intel GMA 4500 and Geforce G210M.

Somebody knows if the geforce g210m has acceleration qe/ci

The problem i have is that laptop loads the integrated card (intel gma 4500) by default in both windows and iatkos.

In windows pressing a button it changes from one card to the geforce g210m (dedicated card), but with iatkos this doesn't work.

I believe that the nvidia card can run, but I need disable first the intel gma 4500.

You have any idea of how to do this.

Thanks in advance ;)

GeForce GT 240 support possible ?

Here are my specs:

Intel Core i5 750

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 (F6 Bios)

Sparkle GT 240 512MB DDR5

4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600

1TB Western Digital Caviar Black (on Blue SATA Port 0)

Lite-On SATA DVD-RW (On Blue SATA Port 1)

Using TonyMac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] I've got Snow Leopard installed and upated to 10.6.2 - Using his [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and NVEnabler, I am getting no video...

Is the GeForce GT 240 supported and if so, what Kext or packages should I be using ?

get boot loader from here. requires minimum 10.6.2.

or using DSDT method for Nvidia

tmongkol, will this loader work with my geforce gt220m?

Maybe there is no device-id of GT220M in the source code. You may look at the source code.

But, you may try to use DSDT if you know how to. I have no idea about any notebook.

I've known that PCI-E GT220 and GT240 is working on 10.6.2 or later.

Hi guys,

I have my gtx285m working with GraphicsEnabler however I am unable to use an external monitor. Plugging in an HDMI cable causes system freeze. Plugging in a DVI (that is a dvi - vga adapter) causes the screen to flash like it has recognised it but then nothing happens on the monitor. Have tried with NVEnabler 64 with less luck.

Any ideas? Help would be much appreciated.

running 10.6.3.

many thanks!

I tried installing my Gigabyte GTS 250 1024mb card and my screen won't turn on at all? should I do the kext stuff first then turn off, reinstall card and continue on?

I have a Mac pro dual 2.66 ghz, OSX leopard. Every tutorial I've seen is for doing it with a x86 style conversion, not a true mac? help please!

I want to ask a question;

I tried to use my 3870 on snow leopard and i finally got tired to force myself and boutgh a new zotac gts 250 1024 MB..

It is really interesting that when i install snow leopard i cant boot in anyway. Everything goes ok in verbose mode and it stops on a black screen.

I want to try one of the methods you wrote here but how can i use them without a non-bootable snow.

I have a windows 7 on another hd and i can boot in with writing enabled on mac disk.

Anyone has an idea ? I tried editing com.boot.plist with an efi string that somebody uploaded to rapid but its still same..

I used all known ways;

1. GFX String way on aquamac site seem {censored} cause you need leopard to write right gfx string to use on snow. Why do i need to install 2 operating systems to use this card.

2. Graphics Enabler works on only vga and and no qe/cl.

Then i use the DSDT fix in DSDT se and now System profiler has everything ok, but i still cant use dvi port. I can open iMovie but nothing written about Quartz Extreme support on System Profiler..

When i try to see Quartz Extreme status on OsX86 Tools, i see an error like this:

”Can’t make "The domain/default pair of (com.apple.windowserver, QuartzGLEnabled) does not exist" into type boolean. (-1700)”

My hardware: P5W DH Deluxe, E8200, Mushkin PC6400, ZOTAC ECO GTS 250

My Software: Snow Leopard 10.6.3 updated from 10.6 with original Kernel

Extra: fakesmc, DSDT, USBkext.

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCIEX1_2

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0615

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: 3386a

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 75 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Hardware Info:

04:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation Unknown device [10de:0615] (rev a2)

Anyone has an advice for me?

Hi there,

i got my nVidia G210M working on my Hackbook as i wrote the GraphicsEnabler yes into the com.apple.boot.plist

But my Graphic adapter has a HDMI output! THis one isn't working. Is there any kext to make it work? or any other way?

cheers

anyone know if HDMI will work for sound and video out?

I got my Galaxy GT240 working both DVI and HDMI including audio via HDMI. I tested my GT240 on both 945GCM-S2L (ALC662) and EP35-DS3P (ALC889a/885). See my signature how to.

I have never tested to enabler only HDAU. I might to find out how to get HDMI audio working without getting sound on board working.

Edited:

I disabled ALC662 and tested only GT240 by patching binary. I could get HDMI audio working only.

Hi there,

i got my nVidia G210M working on my Hackbook as i wrote the GraphicsEnabler yes into the com.apple.boot.plist

But my Graphic adapter has a HDMI output! THis one isn't working. Is there any kext to make it work? or any other way?

cheers

Hi Guitarbene

Great !

But I have a problem (see Post #509).

Asus UL50VG Laptop with dual graphic card (gma 4500 loads by default on windows and hackintosh) and nvidia geforce g210M.

I haven't qe/ci acceleration (The problem is the gma graphic card).

Two Questions ?

- Do you have Iatkos, or snow leopard with empire efi ?

- Do you have a dual graphic card like me or only geforce g210M ?

PD: My laptop has hdmi output too.

Thank you in advance.

xcuse me n sorry but i would be so happy just to get one card working...how did u do to get it working...any kext avaible..please.. :thumbsup_anim:

Has anyone had success getting a second GTX 260 to work using anything other than EFI strings, IE nvenabler, graphicsenabler, etc?

If not - well, what EFI strings did you use?

xcuse me n sorry but i would be so happy just to get one card working...how did u do to get it working...any kext avaible..please.. :(

Has anyone had success getting a second GTX 260 to work using anything other than EFI strings, IE nvenabler, graphicsenabler, etc?

If not - well, what EFI strings did you use?

Hi there,

cheers

Hello, I got my asus gts 250 working with nvenabler on 10.6.2, hdmi does not work, is there any chance? maybe put nvcap in nvenabler? regards nik