GeForce 200 series support

EGOvoruhk

638 posts in this topic

Yellowtang, it seems your output are not working well. Try to change your output to another one you have.

As I see, there are many methods to make the card (geforce260) works.

Try to use PCEFI10.5 and GraphicsEnabler in com.apple.boot.plist

I have a Dell Studio XPS 1340 with a

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo P9600 (6MB cache/2.66GHz/1066Mhz FSB) and my Video Card is a

NVIDIA® GeForce® G210M – 512MB, and from a fast Google search there does not seem to be support for this video card yet, but is it in development? what is the fastest way of finding out if it's supported once the driver is released theoretically?. Thanks in advance!.

Hey Guys,

I have an Alienware M17X with the Nvidia GTX260m. I've tried to methods listed on this topic to no avail. I think it is because a lot of these methods are for the GTX260 desktop and I have the mobile version. Also, my computer has an onboard 9400m Chip that might be infereing somehow.

If anybody has any idea on how to get the GTX260m working, please please please let me know. I'm DESPERATE!

Hey Guys,

I have an Alienware M17X with the Nvidia GTX260m. I've tried to methods listed on this topic to no avail. I think it is because a lot of these methods are for the GTX260 desktop and I have the mobile version. Also, my computer has an onboard 9400m Chip that might be infereing somehow.

If anybody has any idea on how to get the GTX260m working, please please please let me know. I'm DESPERATE!

Try to get it work with:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Y</string>

in your com.apple.boot.plist. To get this parameter work boot PCEFI10.3+ should be installed.

As far as i know 10.6.2 Snow Leo has drivers either for GF9xxx or for geforce GT200 series card. All U need is give a lil kickup to make it work :rolleyes:

PS. Dont forget repair permissions of com.apple.boot.plist

Hey everyone. I've been working on installing Snow leopard on my homebrew Hackintosh: Gigabyte P45-DS3L MB, 8GB ram, Quad Core 9550(2.83Ghz), and a GFX GTS 250 1GB video card. I have Chameleon RC 4 installed, with some newer boot files by AsereBLN and I followed the guides posted by BlackBox for my motherboard. After all was said and done with the Graphics Enabler enabled I got full video, flurry screensaver was smooth and no mouse lags, full resolution changes and all that too. But when I went to look up my graphics card in System Profler, it said unknown card. So I ran the OpenGL tests it reported back the correct card, and said the OGL extensions are loaded and supported 100% to 2.1, ran the benchmarks and it all seemed pretty good. then I ran the OpenCL info script and it reported my card as an Open CL device, Running some OCL benchmarks and it all looked pretty good too.

So now Im all sort of confussed. all the benchmarking tests work, Maya seems to be pretty happy with how the view ports are working. Should I not concern myself or should I tinker some more and see if I could get it to be seen properly by System profiler?

Try to get it work with:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Y</string>

in your com.apple.boot.plist. To get this parameter work boot PCEFI10.3+ should be installed.

As far as i know 10.6.2 Snow Leo has drivers either for GF9xxx or for geforce GT200 series card. All U need is give a lil kickup to make it work ;)

PS. Dont forget repair permissions of com.apple.boot.plist

Thanks man. I got it. The problem with my Alienware is that the onboard 9400m interferes with the GTX. I had to go into the bios and disable it. and then it worked with the graphicsenabler thing you recommended.

I am pretty sure my graphics card wouldn't count as a GeForce 200 series but rather a GeForce 200M series. It is a GTX 260M. I am wondering if there is any way to make my Mac recognize it since right now all i can get is 1024x768 max resolution.

Hello,

I found this kext for my video card GTX 275 (for snow) in this topic : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;showentry=791

But I can't download from rapidshare !!

If someone can upload this kext on another server, I'll be glad :)

Thank you !

PM me your email address and I'll get you the EFIStrings file that you need. It was painfully easy to do.

I searched and didn't find any success stories, but I thought I would give it a go anyway. I got the EVGA Geforce 210 512MB. It won't work with GraphicsEnabler in PC_EFI 10.5 or Chameleon 2 RC4, but it does work without it. Then it needs NVCAP injection, so I did a custom EFI string with the right NVCAP, and I was set. Looks like everything works.

Has anyone besides banini had luck with this card? I've given it a go before falling back on my old 7350 LE for now as Graphics Enabler results in a black screen and the EFI strings I have tried so far result in the GUI being completely unusable.

Well spank my ass and call me Sally!

Posting earlier got me motivated again to make this card (GeForce 210) work. Sure enough Once I dumped my own BIOS, ran NVCAP, created an EFI string using generic 512 setting and then remembered to disable Graphics Enabler by removing it from the com.apple.Boot.plist completely, the card is working perfect.

Helps to have a test/dev environment installed separate that is a mirror of my production drive so I could keep playing with it.

Well spank my ass and call me Sally!

Posting earlier got me motivated again to make this card (GeForce 210) work. Sure enough Once I dumped my own BIOS, ran NVCAP, created an EFI string using generic 512 setting and then remembered to disable Graphics Enabler by removing it from the com.apple.Boot.plist completely, the card is working perfect.

Helps to have a test/dev environment installed separate that is a mirror of my production drive so I could keep playing with it.

You rock, man!!! Sally, you rock!!! :)

Now I have all resolutions !

I think QE / CI is'nt working, but first thanks for your guide!!!

EDITED 2h later:

If it's right, that FrontRow is working or that you have ripples behind by adding widgets {F12} --

than QE and CI is working!! ?

deeply impressed :D

mondi

You rock, man!!! Sally, you rock!!! :P

Now I have all resolutions !

I think QE / CI is'nt working, but first thanks for your guide!!!

EDITED 2h later:

If it's right, that FrontRow is working or that you have ripples behind by adding widgets {F12} --

than QE and CI is working!! ?

deeply impressed :(

mondi

ripples would definitely mean it's working.. the most obvious sign it's working -> translucent bar at the top as opposed to the solid one.

This card definitely prefers EFI strings over Graphics Enabler for me. I was able to finally get Graphics Enabler to work, but it wasn't stable and required me to boot, send to sleep, wake up (in addition only worked on the VGA port). Not a very elegant method. The strings work perfect, the only thing is anyone doing I would definitely say dump your card's rom not one you get on the net. None of the ones I found online worked perfect for my card.

ripples would definitely mean it's working.. the most obvious sign it's working -> translucent bar at the top as opposed to the solid one.

This card definitely prefers EFI strings over Graphics Enabler for me. I was able to finally get Graphics Enabler to work, but it wasn't stable and required me to boot, send to sleep, wake up (in addition only worked on the VGA port). Not a very elegant method. The strings work perfect, the only thing is anyone doing I would definitely say dump your card's rom not one you get on the net. None of the ones I found online worked perfect for my card.

To Sally rogabean!

I think I've a stable 10.6.2 System now (64 bit) :) .

But interresting: When I booted in 32 bit mode, I lost all the new functionality of Gfx. ???

The procedere done one more time in 64 bit mode , now it is working also after several x64 bootings.

Any ideas, why it doesn't work in x32 mode??

best regards

mondi

To Sally rogabean!

I think I've a stable 10.6.2 System now (64 bit) :) .

But interresting: When I booted in 32 bit mode, I lost all the new functionality of Gfx. ???

The procedere done one more time in 64 bit mode , now it is working also after several x64 bootings.

Any ideas, why it doesn't work in x32 mode??

best regards

mondi

Hmm I don't know whether I boot with arch=i386 or arch-x86_64 I get the same result so I can not reproduce what you are seeing. I can't think of a compelling reason to boot in 32bit though if 64bit works. :)

Try to check your cards using oclinfo (OpenCL info). Is it detected correctly?

1 OpenCL platform found!

[Platform 0]

Name: Apple

Vendor: Apple

Version: OpenCL 1.0 (Oct 16 2009 04:12:08)

Profile: FULL_PROFILE

[OpenCL-only Context]

2 OpenCL devices found!

[Device 0]

Name: Unknown

Vendor: NVIDIA

Type: GPU

Device Version: OpenCL 1.0

Driver Version: CLH 1.0

Compute Units: 2

Work Group Size: 512

Clock: 1402 MHz

Global Memory: 512 MB

Local Memory: 16 KB

Cache Size: 0 KB

Cache Line Size: 0 Bytes

Available: Yes

Double-Precision: No

Extensions:

cl_khr_byte_addressable_store

cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics

cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics

cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

cl_APPLE_SetMemObjectDestructor

cl_APPLE_ContextLoggingFunctions

cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics

cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics

[Device 1]

Name: Intel® Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz

[shared OpenCL+OpenGL Context]

2 OpenCL devices found!

[Device 0]

Name: Unknown

Vendor: NVIDIA

Type: GPU

Device Version: OpenCL 1.0

Driver Version: CLH 1.0

Compute Units: 2

Work Group Size: 512

Clock: 1402 MHz

Global Memory: 512 MB

Local Memory: 16 KB

Cache Size: 0 KB

Cache Line Size: 0 Bytes

Available: Yes

Double-Precision: No

Extensions:

cl_khr_byte_addressable_store

cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics

cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics

cl_APPLE_gl_sharing

cl_APPLE_SetMemObjectDestructor

cl_APPLE_ContextLoggingFunctions

cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics

cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics

[Device 1]

Name: Intel® Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz

Vendor: ....

logout

No, No, QE and CI isn't working ... :P

I have no translucent dockbar, (turned on and off in the Screensaver and Desktop - Settings) - the bar is solid.

But when I added a widget, the widget fell with a waterlike animation on the Desktop ...

I don't know now ... :whistle:

greets mondi

Hmmm what does your system profiler say for Graphics? Is the RSS screensaver available to you to select?

I have found I can not make this work with anything less than 10.6.2

I have also found an issue where I can not make this work if I need to use any other EFI strings. In my case I need to use and Ethernet string as the EthernetBuiltIn=y does not work properly for me for NetFlix DRM purposes (chameleon RC 4).... I'm going to work with this more tonight. But EthernetBuiltin worked fine when coupled with GraphicsEnabler... so I will let you know what I come up with.

Hmmm what does your system profiler say for Graphics? Is the RSS screensaver available to you to select?

I have found I can not make this work with anything less than 10.6.2

I have also found an issue where I can not make this work if I need to use any other EFI strings. In my case I need to use and Ethernet string as the EthernetBuiltIn=y does not work properly for me for NetFlix DRM purposes (chameleon RC 4).... I'm going to work with this more tonight. But EthernetBuiltin worked fine when coupled with GraphicsEnabler... so I will let you know what I come up with.

So I thought the dockbar should be tramslucent, but you said the menubar!!!

BUT I have a translucent menubar!!!

So maybe I have QE and CI working .... :(

RSS Screensaver is also working!!!

No info in System Profiler:

nVidia GeForce GT210:

Chipsatz-Modell: nVidia GeForce GT210

Typ: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16

VRAM (gesamt): 512 MB

Hersteller: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Geräte-ID: 0x0a65

Versions-ID: 0x00a2

ROM-Version: nVidia GeForce GT210 OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Monitore:

Monitor 1:

Auflösung: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Pixeltiefe: 32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Rotation: Unterstützt

Monitoranschluss:

post-170145-1267216183_thumb.png

post-170145-1267218502_thumb.png

So I thought the dockbar should be tramslucent, but you said the menubar!!!

BUT I have a translucent menubar!!!

So maybe I have QE and CI working .... :wacko:

RSS Screensaver is also working!!!

No info in System Profiler:

nVidia GeForce GT210:

Chipsatz-Modell: nVidia GeForce GT210

Typ: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16

VRAM (gesamt): 512 MB

Hersteller: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Geräte-ID: 0x0a65

Versions-ID: 0x00a2

ROM-Version: nVidia GeForce GT210 OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Monitore:

Monitor 1:

Auflösung: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Pixeltiefe: 32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Rotation: Unterstützt

Monitoranschluss:

Yes you are working as expected sir! :(

Update for me as well. I made a mistake with my combining two strings. Corrected and I'm good to go. This is definitely the way to go if GraphicsEnabler doesn't work for this card (which seems to be hit or miss for people.)