[HowTo] XP + OSX 10.4.4-10.4.8 native dual boot

1,615 posts in this topic

:unsure: Success! Thanks for the great guide! It worked well, with some modifications. I had a problem with my USB ports but I re-installed the kexts and they work great now. PM me if you have problems with the same hardware, I'll try and help.

Specs:

Medion M3 Composer 6000

Pentium D 820 (Works Natively with Semthex)

Nvidia GeForce 6200 with TurboCache (Works beautifully with Natit)

1 GB of DDR2 RAM

Dual CD/DVD Drives (Work Natively)

Full Media Bay (Works Natively)

7 USB Ports (Work with driver re-install, Go to: Apple USB Developers Page Download the latest drivers for your version of OS X. Install the package that doesn't have the word log in it. After it installs reboot and the USB ports should work.)

C-Media 9880L High Definition Sound Card (Works with Apple Azalia Audio-See Guide (Used Appendix))

Intel Pro/100 VE Network Adapter (Did not work with guide, see uploaded file to install).

Motherboard (See Picture):

post-75905-1169388023_thumb.png

AppleIntel8255x.kext.zip

I can't get this to work.

I installed each OS on separte Hard drives but Acronis will no let me setup the 2nd Drive (mac os 10.4.3) in the menu . The OS wizard doesn't find the OS ... on the ShagSwap Drive 2

"No new os is found in specified partition. Try to change boot partition or boot sector file name."

???????

Thanks

-Charles

Edited by cdickinson66

:gathering: It worked!!!

I used osx 10.4 myz version from bt

Im running

Pentium 4 HT

GeForce 4 MX4400

and a pheoniz bios

all my sound and video works perfectly too!!! :police:

btw did anyone using the myz version notice that the last file executed during the install has its name changed to we stole it installe :pirate2:

Edited by CyberEclipse

I just Downloaded Mac-OS-X-10.4.7-AMD.Intel-(JaS)-ISO-Repack

Now I used a 10.4.5 one befor that worked so I poped in this dvd and reformatted and it installed everything then when it goes to boot up the apple loading screen comes up then in like 2 min a circle with an dash across of it appers in the middle of the screen.

What do I do??

Thanks

great guide! but i've encountered a problem, i tried reading as many pages in this thread as i could, but it's so long! i'm installing with the JaS 10.4.8 patched dvd. installation goes fine, but afterwards when i reboot it goes through the gray apple screen, but then freezes on a light blue screen. i didn't let it sit for very long, so it could just be thinking. has anyone else had this problem or know how i can fix it?

Perfect!!!!! It worked for me as a charm. FAT32 Logical was a must, otherwise no chance.

I used:

JAS 10.4.8 AMD/INTEL SSE2 SSE3 with v1p patch and diskutil patch

MB: ASUS P5B-Deluxe

Core 2 Duo E6600

2GB Ram

SATA HD and DVD

THANKS!!

--

:mellow: successfully posting from osx86

--

THANKS

Downloaded Mac-OS-X-10.4.7-AMD.Intel-(JaS)-ISO-Repack

ASRock motherboard with Pentium 4 2,26GHZ and 512MB, but i have only one little very little confusion...

About this Mac it says it is a 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4, but it is 2,26 really... i have never overclocking or anything, is that normal or it can harm my pc, thanks

hey guys i am installing mac osx 10.0.4.6 and i didnt install a boot manager before hand and when i tried to install it last night after the finale restart i got mbr error's and wont let me in either the mac partition or my windows. and when i try to put in a win 98 cd to convert the partition to a primary it wont even read the cd but will read the mac dvd fine i made the mac partition originally a fat32 log..

thanks in advance

Edited by Jerri

hey guys i am installing mac osx 10.0.4.6 and i didnt install a boot manager before hand and when i tried to install it last night after the finale restart i got mbr error's and wont let me in either the mac partition or my windows. and when i try to put in a win 98 cd to convert the partition to a primary it wont even read the cd but will read the mac dvd fine i made the mac partition originally a fat32 log..

thanks in advance

try putting in Bios to read ur cd drive, or u can give more information with maybe pictures.. good luck

thanks for the tips but i got it working....great guide thanks alot another success ..now running mac osx 10.0.4.6 on a dell inspiron 6400

if any one knows where i can get drivers for my sound or ethier net or wireless cards please let me know thanks

Hi dilnalomo

I would like to thank you and confirm that i have successfully installed Windows XP pro and Mac os x 10.4.8 using your guide. Eveything is working except the sound for which I am looking for drivers. My computer specs are given below

Intel P4 3.4 Ghz Dual Core

ASRock Motherboard ConRoeXFire-eSATA2

Intel 945P Chipset

GeCube RADEON X1300 Series

1 GB DDR RAM 533MHz

Two HDD Maxtor 80GB IDE & Maxtor 300GB SATA

On Board Realtek ALC888 7.1 HD Audio(not working)

Realtek RTL8111B Ethernet(Working)

thanks again

Cheers

hey im new at this stuff so please forgive me if i sound stupid (new at dual booting osx and xp)

so i did wat this 1 tutorial said with get acronis and everything with os loader..

so when i try to install OSX the grey screen comes up with the apple and the scroll thingy underneath it and then after that a blue screen comes up and then it doesnt even move. No language selection or anything. And i did the verbose mode and like almost everybody i got the same yellow text "Failed to load extension com. apple. driver. AppleHPET" and then at the end i got alot of local host errors or something. So can any u help me with this? Im using JaS 10.4.7 the iso repack version thingy

SUCCESS

Ive used MacOSX_10.4.4DVDPATCHED_Myz ISO image

Everything work properlly except I couldnt use heavy graphical programs like Google earth

Intel Perl Motherboard Intel 2.4 Gig CPU "SSE2"

Builtin Soundmax and network

USB Mouse and keyboard OK

USB devices that didnt work is

canon 150 printer

Ipod shuffle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

NO SUCCESS

JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3 ISO Image

(ISO is beta version I think)

Install this from scratch

reboots

doesnt detect mouse or keyboard

cant go any further

Any ideas...

Cheers

Edited by WazzaWabbit

Hello All,

I'm Having trouble installing OSX86 on my computer. I Have an Emachine T3508 I followed the directions so far and created a partition using Acronis disk creator. When I try to boot from the osx86 dvd it goes to the gray screen with the apple logo then a prompt says that I must restart my computer. It doesnt go past the gray screen the prompt just stays there until I reboot. I tried using three different boot disks:

10.4.3, 10.4.6 & 10.4.8 the same thing happened each time. I'm not sure if I did something incorrectly in partition magic.

I created a partition from unused spaced the partition size is 70.31 GB and I set it as Primary Fat 32. I don't

"understand how to do this step:

So it's best to set up your OSX partition after a primary partition like this:

Windows XP | OSX | backup |"

In Acronis my disks are listed in this order NTFS (C:)/ RECOVERY (D:)/ MAC OSX86 (J:)

Could this be my problem also theres a green flag on my osx86 disk.

I'm pretty sure my hardware is compatible cpuz says that I have intel celeron d 356

and the mobo is made from intel model# d101ddc

If anyone has any ideas what my problem could be it would be greatly appreciated.

Windows XP | OSX | backup |

this means that it is best to have partitions in this order. first is your windows partitions, then your osx partition, and last, your backup partition if you have one.

maybe you should try making your osx partition before your recovery partition. because your recovery partition is most likely a logical one, and osx doens't like being installed on a partition after a logical or extended partiton.

I didn't create the backup partition it was already there when I first booted up Acronis Disk director. Should I delete it and create a new one after osx. Im not worrying about data loss I just reformatted my computer today so i could free up my hard drive. I get a screen that forces me to restart the computer about 30 seconds after the gray apple logo appears. Could it be a problem with my dvds or a corrupted .iso? I burned all of them with dvd decrypter, I figured if the .iso was bad it wouldn't boot to the apple logo at all right? IM using verbatim and philips media btw. I tried changing my partition from primary to logical with no luck. I also tried setting the osx partition as active in acronis disk director.

Update: Hey Guys I just insatlled windows xp pro and Im planning on installing vista some time tonight or tomorrow. Im also downloading another OSx86 .iso this time the gotsecx dvd and the Jas .iso. Im going to burn those to a disk image using another software and try to dual boot OSx86 with vista after I do a clean Vista install. I Probally reformatted my comp about 4 times in the last few days.

BTW this is the screen that I get when I try to boot OSx86 it happens with all the DVD's I have so far. It load for about 30 seconds and this screen happens

macscreenxf9.th.jpg

UPDATE:

Hey Guys Well I'm partially done the dual boot process now I have installed Vista and Acronis disk director so now the only thing left to do is install osx86 (Fingers Crossed). I downloaded and burned two new .iso's that Im hoping will work with my system the dvds I downloaded are:

Mac-OS-X-10.4.7-AMD.Intel-(JaS)-ISO-Repack

- MacOSX_10.4.6_GoatsecxDVD.iso

I looked at the wiki and my hardware is supported i have an intel D101GGC with ATI Raideon Xpress 200 built in.

I wont be able to get to it until later today but ill post as soon as I get everything up and running dilnalomo get ready to update that success counter (Hopefully) ^_^

Edited by DRKRONNIN