What about the new ATI HD4850 ?

Soner

911 posts in this topic

netkas,

do you think that the 4670 will work with this method also? they share the same chipset, if i'm not mistaken. thanks for all your work and to others as well, especially for giving us hope that one day we will be able to use our cards in os x.

outis

for 4850 i use ati4600controller.kext, so eys, i think 46x0 will work either, we will test it soon i think.

we did some tests cod4, fully maxes, 1280x1024

4850:

noAA - 43.8 fps; 4xAA - 33.3 fps

8800gt (used with 10.5.5):

noAA - 40.7 fps; 4xAA - 22.8 fps

4850 1680x1050 noaa - 39.7 fps

wowzers, i got a lil beast of ma own, not as great as your but it dus the job

Q6600@ 3.2Ghz 1.325 VID at 1.38Vcore

2Gb Corsair Ram 1:1 800Mhz

ATi 4850

Asus P5Q Deluxe

what are you using to cool your cpu and whats your VID and current Vcore?

wowzers, i got a lil beast of ma own, not as great as your but it dus the job

Q6600@ 3.2Ghz 1.325 VID at 1.38Vcore

2Gb Corsair Ram 1:1 800Mhz

ATi 4850

Asus P5Q Deluxe

what are you using to cool your cpu and whats your VID and current Vcore?

Air cooling and I'm using automatic settings on everything except for the memory which is set to 850 in bios on my mATX mobo which is a ASUS P5E-VM HDMI :D

kaidogg: I might not know much about OSx yet but if I'm reading this thread correctly, it sounds like the driver is not complete, a bit buggy and requires a version of OSx which is hard to get your hands on or not final - sounds like trouble, from where I'm sitting.

I will wait 3 months and see how it goes.

{censored}

I just swap my 4870 for a 3870 with my wife's computer

{censored} {censored} {censored} {censored}

Dont worry !

You would also wait "just" until Mid of 2009!!!! to get Snow Leo for that card !

I think NOT that it will run anytime with 10.5.

And of course your wife will be glad to switch the cards back at mid 2009 - only add an GUCCI bag for her to the switch :P

Dont worry !

You would also wait "just" until Mid of 2009!!!! to get Snow Leo for that card !

And of course your wife will be glad to switch the cards back at mid 2009 - only add an GUCCI bag for her to the switch :)

:P

Dont worry !

And of course your wife will be glad to switch the cards back at mid 2009 - only add an GUCCI bag for her to the switch :D

Oh man Mid 2009?

I guess I'm not gonna get to try this OS until late 09, cause I'm a noob and it'll take till then till the bugs and guides are all nice and easy for my hardware :/

Oh well.

Dont worry !

And of course your wife will be glad to switch the cards back at mid 2009 - only add an GUCCI bag for her to the switch :D

Thanks for the comfort guys :D

but I rather get a new card then a GUCCI ... . ALOT ALOT ALOT CHEAPERrrrrrrrrrr

oh my god .. mid 2009 for snow ... the new card of ATI 5870 might be out already by then

and since It's new again . snow is not going to support it . everyone is looking for drivers .

then .. someone will reply saying . wait for the new version of osx .mid next year

and so on and so on ... HAHAHAHAAHA

this is madness

from me i mean ... It's suppose to be a joke , (incase you don't get the meanning since english is not my native lang ;) v)

thanks again guys