BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

Hi!

I've bought 1 day ago this configuration:

- P5Q PRO

- Intel C2Q Q9550

- 2x2GB TeamGroup 800MHz

Obviusly now it doesn't work...

What the bios mod do? I need only the 4 cores, are they available with the bios mod?

Thanks.

(sorry for my english :) )

Hi!

I've bought 1 day ago this configuration:

- P5Q PRO

- Intel C2Q Q9550

- 2x2GB TeamGroup 800MHz

Obviusly now it doesn't work...

What the bios mod do? I need only the 4 cores, are they available with the bios mod?

Thanks.

(sorry for my english :) )

I have your bios listed in the Desktop downloads, and yes this will enable all 4 cores to work.

I think my bios is the latest, but you might check to see if there is a newer one on Asus website.

HI Everyone,

I just picked up the Asus P5Q-EM, I have been reading through here and haven't seen anybody with this version of the motherboard.

Anyone know if its possible to get OSX running. This is the version that has built-in video and I would like to use that as I don't have a video card.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

What is the safest way to update the P5Q Pro 1406 bios mod? I dont want to end up with a dead board.

download the file from this post (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=90505&st=1100&p=932083entry932083)

I put the bios on an usb key et follow the intruction in the file "READ_ME_FOR_NOOB.doc"

After you can install osx see http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=881733

Vincent

I have your bios listed in the Desktop downloads, and yes this will enable all 4 cores to work.

I think my bios is the latest, but you might check to see if there is a newer one on Asus website.

Thanks! It works great :) .

Now i've to search for LAN & Audio kexts.

Send me a PM with Link to Bios, and I'll see if I can mod it.

Hi,

i have the Asus P5Q Pro, can you explain what you are doing to get the asus working with leopard? i ask because i don't know why a mod is needed and i don't know

what is changed comparted to the original bios.

I have a problem with a sleep on P5Q Pro. It doesn't want to sleep after it did woke up. So it sleeps, I wake it up then sound stops working and I'm unable to put it to sleep again (it tries to sleep but it just hangs after turning HDDs off).

I'm using patched BIOS 1406 (dloaded it from some site with many of BIOSes found in some posts above in this thread). I've set everything as others recommend (enabled all ACPI, disabled some CPU flags, set S3 only)

Can anyone help me please?

I am having trouble with this, i too am having a problem on an ASUS P5Q. I have tried the bios found on Kabyl's website but that did not work correctly and as a result, the BIOS was reset to its factory defaults. I would patch it myself, though i cant seem to find a way to extract the BIOS into a .ROM. I would be grateful if anyone were to help, thanks.

Send me a PM with Link to Bios, and I'll see if I can mod it.

Thanks for your help in the community so far Macnut, I was running the old 0803 OSX Modded bios on my ASUS P5Q-E no worries, updated to 1406 unmodded (obviously OSX didn't work but I needed the update for my CPU), then updated to Your 1406, Windows still boots and runs fine, when I try to boot into OSX it insta restarts soon as it tries to load the kernal I believe. Not sure if this means that either the BIOS it's running was modded incorrectly or it flashed incorrectly, either way, figured you should know, and possibly revisit that bios from ASUS's site and see if it was edited correctly.

Thanks much for your time!

I installed now Leopard Retail 10.5.0 (not installed combo updates) and my p5q pro is working great since 3 hours in os x. After modding my bios, i changed nothing (acpi 2.0 is on, i changed nothing in advanced cpu settings).

Only Sound is not working.

Is there a good chance of the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P working as well? It still has the ALC889A sound which seems to work well for Leopard. I'd rather opt P45 than the X38/X48 since Crossfire isn't critical.

I have GA-EP45T-DS3R working..

I don't think i need to mod my bios because it gets past the stage shown in the first post. Instead I get the still waiting for root device error. I have a PM45 mobo with a ICH9M southbridge which I believe is the cause of the problem. I am trying to install iDeneb v1.3 and in the release notes it says that the ICHx problem is fixed in this release. Please tell me what i am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

I don't think i need to mod my bios because it gets past the stage shown in the first post. Instead I get the still waiting for root device error. I have a PM45 mobo with a ICH9M southbridge which I believe is the cause of the problem. I am trying to install iDeneb v1.3 and in the release notes it says that the ICHx problem is fixed in this release. Please tell me what i am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

when this happened to me it was due to a couple things, A) didn't have my HDD's set to ACHI mode and using a SATA DVD drive, ;) had the incorrect unmodded bios

Before I modded my bios I'd get to the same point that you are in the Kalyway installation, other's I'd get as far as the apple loading screen for the DVD then they'd all conk out, after bios edit and correct bios settings I booted in no worries at all!

Double check to see what options you have your cpu set to be able to do, as well as ACHI (disable extra cpu settings for trial purposes like speed stepping) also disable your firewire if you have onboard firewire, while this may seem odd, on my board I can't boot to osx without a super long pause with my firewire turned on -shrugs-