OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

hi..

i have just installed leopard 10.5.5 from the iDeneb iso.

my config is

intel e6320

asus P5QC m/b

2 gb ram

4 sata drives

my problem is that since there is no kext for the atheros network adapter for my m/b i am using my old realtek 8139 NIC.. but it doesnt show up in system profiler-->pci cards.. i have tried a bunch of kext files using kext helper.. but none seem to work.. it still doesn't show in system profiler... help needed...

thanks in advance!!

I have an ASUS U6v laptop

I was able to install iDeneb 10.5.5. However, booting to the new OS stops at:

"Mac framework successfully initialized."

“Using [something] buffer headers … [forgotten rest of line]”

This appears to be the same problem that requires a modified bios. However, the sites listed in this thread do not contain a modified bios for my laptop.

If anyone would be so kind as to modify this bios, it would be wonderful. :)

BIOS: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/U6V/U6v212AS.zip

Laptop Specifications:

ASUS U6V-A1

CPU:

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8400 : 2.26 GHz 1066MHz, 3MB L2 cache

Chipset:

Mobile Intel® PM45 Express Chipset +ICH9M

Video Card:

NVIDIA® GeForce® 9400M GS 256MB VRAM DDR2

Full Specifications:

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmen...l3=460&l4=0

iPhoneTom gives his instruction, do a hunt for the software (it is out there, just look, that took me the most time...it's found in the main site dealing with ACPI, intel no longer gives it out, but they give a link to that site where you can find it).

Thank you. Your post ended my 15 minute Google search.

This is another, more descriptive bios guide:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry804822

This is another, more descriptive bios guide:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry804822

Yes, that is an excellent guide. For people searching for a mod of a BIOS version that they can't find, it's worth taking some time out to read the BIOS mod guide and attempt to perform the mod themselves. You can't really break anything in trying to mod a BIOS file (the risk comes when you actually flash it to your m/b ;) ). When you get to the point where you have created your own mod'd BIOS file that is ready to flash and test, I think you'll have a good feeling as to whether or not you did it right: 1) your .dsl compiled to create a new .aml 2) you carefully did the 'insertion' and your newly created BIOS file has the same byte file size as the original. If you make an honest attempt at it and run into problems creating a new file (or have a question after you do), I'm sure people in the forums will try and help as best they can. Again, no one can guarantee anything; if you decide to flash something to your m/b, you take the risk that comes with that.

I share with you a P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi BIOS version 1406 that I mod'd. I'm no expert, and guarantee nothing. This is the only BIOS I ever mod'd. All I can say is, I think I did it right, and that it appears to be working for me. I did get a bunch of warnings and remarks, which I'm guessing can be safely ignored (plus my machine hasn't melted yet) : If anyone knows better, please let me know :hysterical:

my_dsdt_edit.dsl 2723: Name (_T_0, Zero)
Remark 5110 - Use of compiler reserved name ^ (_T_0)

my_dsdt_edit.dsl 8557: Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)
Warning 1104 - Possible operator timeout is ignored ^ 

my_dsdt_edit.dsl 9597: Method (VGET, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (VGET)

my_dsdt_edit.dsl 9740: Store (VGET (Local0), Local1)
Warning 1092 - ^ Called method may not always return a value

my_dsdt_edit.dsl 10118: ShiftRight (BUF2, 0x04)
Warning 1105 - Result is not used, operator has no effect ^ 
... Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 14 Warnings, 31 Remarks, 67 Optimizations

I wanted to try this BIOS version out since the version history on the Asus site says it fixes a bunch of stuff when using "Production Yorkfield CPUs. (ie:SLAWQ Q9550 C1-stepping)" -- and that is mine! :D BTW: It seems I can now run without touching the timings and voltages (all on AUTO); I still have yet to really test this a lot, but hopefully it's better now.

Cheers, and thank you again to everyone in this community and in the forums!

p5q3_asus_deluxe_1406_mod_palmtree953.rar

I've got a P5Q, installed latest 10.5.5 but it won't start, the boot hangs at:

" MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

Any help?

I can't understand which modded bios can I use for my Asus P5Q, thanks for your reply! ;)

if you would not be dense and read the forum you'd see that someone posted a website on basically this very same page!!! that has all the bios' on there including the one you're looking for the ASUS Formula blah blah....

http://www.osxcores.site50.net/page1/page1.html

.... read before you ask

Hello!

@Jakweeze: Reading through your hardware list I can see that You have pretty much the same main hardware (MBO, VGA) as I do. I'm trying to install iDeneb v1.3 (stock kernel 9.5.0) but so far haven't been successful. The install went fine but I get kernel panic when trying to boot OSX installation (complaining)

I flashed modified BIOS from the page on which You pointed in earlier posts (see quote). I set SATA controller in AHCI mode (although I'm trying to install OSX on external enclosed disk - USB connected - to test it first).

Could You, please, list things You did to get Your Mac OS X leopard working?

Which distribution of OSX, which kernel, what kernel options, etc.

I know my way around kernels and such (Linux) but I'm quite new to all this hackintosh stuff and any pointer or direction would be really appreciated.

Thank You in advance

Ok I got it, I downloaded the modded bios and flashed.

It boots only with -v -f cpus=1

If I remove the -f it hangs at "msdns responder" etc etc, but it won't start.

The CPU temperature is *not* ok, I can't use the OS, until this should be solved. I don't know which is the problem, but neither Windows or Linux have these temperature, so there's something very wrong.

ATL1E driver is not available, so the P5Q (as is) hasn't any internet...

ASUS P5Q

E8400

Triple boot with grub: xp x64, ideneb 10.5.5 and linux

@BiTRiP

hello to all excuse my English, I need help with this plate asus P5QL-E found in the annex original bios, I was not able to mount leopard because I have not changed the bios. I ask "bitrip" if you can change or maybe can do a tutorial to change the firmware on their own. Thanks in advance

P5QL_E_ASUS_0801.zip

So here's something ridiculous to wrap your brain around, hackintosh experts.

I turn my hackintosh on and i run whatever programs, CS4, Spore, iChat, iTunes, etc etc. They all run just like they're supposed to, in fact it's amazingly fast. I decide it's time to call it quits to i go to shut it off... it begins to shut off (or restart) and everything but the circle of bars is left. This just stays there indefinitely.

Except...not always... Sometimes it shuts off after 5 minutes, sometimes almost instantly.

Okay so theres some weirdness going on, so i just tried a few things.

Turns out if i run programs when the computer has been turned on, it's very unlikely it will shut off or restart by itself, but it can. However, if i just restart it (hard reset) and tell it to shut down immediately after it restarts it does it with no problem.

So what's going on here? Is it a memory dump kind of thing where the RAM retains info and refuses to let it go, or a CPU cache kind of deal? I just can't imagine what it would be, but it CAN restart and shut down.

Let me know, and i will if i figure something out

Can someone please create a modified bios for the Asus P5Q3 v0404? I'm willing to donate to you for your troubles. :(

I've already checked here: http://osrom.net/biosmod/ and found a modified bios for the P5Q3 Deluxe which is actually an older board than what I have. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that would work for the newer P5Q3 board.

P5Q3_ASUS_0404.zip