OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

Hey got as far as this part trying a bios mod, first compile attempt gave an error:

"Error 4081 - Use of reserved word ^ (_T_0) "

Changing every instance of (_T_0) to (T_0) allowed it compile with no errors or warnings, just saying "No back ptr to Op: type 8"

a few times.

So it's compiled and i've opened the hex file in a text editor and didn't understand what you meant by:

6. open the resulting *.hex file with an texteditor, you just need the hex-values in each line (8 values each)

7. use your hex-editor to create an *.rom file from those hex-values

Please tell me you don't have to go through 2800 lines just cutting the hex values out?

cheers!

Hello Spyrus71...I just search in forums and find this from a user name Karmaloco:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...2033&st=620

He hsa the same motherboard with you!!!Take a look

I finally could run iDeneb v1.3 (Leopard 10.5.5) on my PC!!!

These are my specs.:

mobo ASUS P5QC

processor Intel Core2 Duo E7200 2.53MHz

mem Kingston DDR2 2GB 800MHz

hdd Samsung 320GB 7200rpm 16MB Cache (with 2 partitions for MAC)

hhd2 Samsung 750GB 7200rpm 32MB Cache (with 2 partitions for WinXP)

video XFX Nvidia 8600GT 512MB DDR2

I put my SATA in AHCI, flashed my BIOS from an USB Stick (Thanks BITRIP for the modd!!!), and WORKS!!!

Restart WORKS!

Shutdown WORKS!

Sleep WORKS!

AUDIO WORKS! (I installed the p45audio.zip, that contains 2 packages... i installed both)

LAN NO (it seems that there's no drivers available yet for mi lan onboard, so i will go with a PCI ethernet compatible)

Just 2 questions:

1) Can I get Dual Boot this way???

I realized that if i installed XP before change the AHCI mode, i have the possibility to dual boot

2) Is SATA in AHCI mode bad when i'm in windows????

NO if I were intalled Windows under this mode.

I wish it would help you until BitRip answers to our question

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showuser=312411

AHCI Mode

As you know Windows XP does not have a native support for AHCI and If you have installed Windows XP without AHCI enabled then don't worry, no need to reinstall Windows XP. I have a solution for you people.

Enable AHCI even if the Windows is installed without AHCI

1. First enable SATA in normal SATA mode not in AHCI mode.

2. Boot into Windows XP and then install the chipset driver from the motherboard cd and then restart the computer.

3. Now extract this Driver

4. Open Device Manager and update the existing IDE ATA/ATAPI sata driver with the AHCI driver. View the screenshots.

post-271572-1228886989_thumb.jpg

Select Install from a list or Specific location.

post-271572-1228886995_thumb.jpg

Select Don't choose I will choose the driver to install

post-271572-1228887001_thumb.jpg

Click on Have Disk and then Click on Browse

post-271572-1228887006_thumb.jpg

Select iaAHCI..inf and then click on open

post-271572-1228887011_thumb.jpg

Select Intel® ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller and then click on Next and then restart the computer and boot into Windows XP.

Now restart the PC once again and change the SATA to AHCI mode and then boot into Windows XP and you will see that you are able to boot into windows using the AHCI driver.

AHCI is faster .........

ROBERT RAJ

Nothing is Impossible

MAC OSX LEOPARD IDeneb 10.5.5 ---- Stable

MOBO: ASUS P5Q -------------------------------Working

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E 4600 ----------------Working

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT -------Working

SOUND: Realtek ALC 1200--------------------Working

LAN Card: D-Link 530 T Gigabit --------------Working

HDD: 2 IDE HDD and 1 SATA HDD-------------Working

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...137296&st=0

Hi.

I have a problem. I have installed iDeneb 10.5.5 Leopard and after restarting, i can't booting mac, after installation, at the first boot, i see following screen:

and i can't understand, that i must do :P

:rolleyes:

was used:

Guid: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...137296&st=0

bios: 1611_BIOS_Asus_P5Q_Deluxe_for_MAC_OS_X___all_OS__incl._by_Juzzi..ROM.zip

from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=136586

latest messages:

Dec 11 14:24:38 localhost mDNSResponder[40]: WARNING sandbox_init error Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.bsd.dirhelper err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for servicem com.apple. distributed_notifications.2 err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.ocspd err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.mDNSResponderHelper err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SecurityServer err=1100Coulde not set Mach lookup policy for service com.apple.SystemConfiguration.config er

Dec 11 14:24:38 locahost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldn't read usser-specification Computer Name; using default bMacPro-0022155A7F6Db instead

Dec 11 14:24:38 locahost mDNSResponder[40]: Couldn't read usser-specification Computer Name; using default bMacPro-0022155A7F6D.loalbinstead

Dec 11 14:24:38 locahost /usr/sbin/ocspd[110]: starting

What i must do for lunch my MAC?

Hi there.

I dont think that matters, since you mod the ACPI AML.

I did it on my own with my MSI P45 Premium, now all 4 cores working well. And that mod is just simple :)

Things you need are:

- iasl Tools from Intel

- some Tool able to extract/replace parts from your BIOS (for me i used MMTOOLS, 3.19 T21fixed)

- some HEX-Editor

Steps are as follows:

1. Extract your ACPI-AML (DSDT) (uncompressed) from an original BIOS ROM File.

2. Copy the extracted ROM-Part to the folder where you installed the IASL-Compiler

3. Open your DOS-Prompt, type

iasl -d <filename>

to decompile the DSDT. it will write an *.dsl file.

4. open the *.dsl file with some Texteditor, remove the 4 *Alias* lines

5. go back to the iasl-folder and type

iasl -t c *.dsl

. it will compile the sources you created in step 3

6. open the resulting *.hex file with an texteditor, you just need the hex-values in each line (8 values each)

7. use your hex-editor to create an *.rom file from those hex-values

8. save the file as *.rom

9. use MMTOOLS to replace the ACPI-AML block.

10. save your BIOS & flash it. You are done!

If some of you guys need the BIOS for that P45-Board just drop me an line. Its the newest 1.1 release from today.

Have fun on your P45 Hackintosh :D

Hi there Tom!

Im stuck at Nº 4

I get this error if I remove the alias

msip45.dsl 6701: If (SS1)

Error 1037 - ^ parse error

ASL Input: msip45.dsl - 6710 lines, 215396 bytes, 3285 keywords

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Could you help me out here? Im using a MSI P45 (MS-7519). I would very grateful if you could take me from

Nº4 to Nº8

Im attaching the .Dsl file compiled at Nº 3

Thanks a lot,

Thomas Cavanagh

msip45.zip

Mobo: MSI P45 Platinum

CPU: Core 2 E8400

Sata DVD Burner

2x WD SATA drives

ATI X1900 Pro

4GB DDR 2 1066

Using various distros (iDeneb 1.3, iATKOS 5i, Jas 10.5.4) I was able boot into the installer without a problem and open disk utility. This is where the problem lies for me. In disk utility I can see both of my sata drives, and my USB external but once I try to format any of them the system will just hang on "Preparing to erase disk".

I have tried everything, repartitioning the drives, using the erasing USB drive to avoid the JMicron controller, but every time its the same "Preparing to erase disk", and then I have to just hold down the power to run the machine off, and nothing was touched on the drive.

Do i need a modified Bios? I figured since the DVD boots successfully, that I don't but I may be wrong ....

help would be greatly appreciated I need to get my recording studio back up and running!

Mobo: MSI P45 Platinum

CPU: Core 2 E8400

Sata DVD Burner

2x WD SATA drives

ATI X1900 Pro

4GB DDR 2 1066

Ouch, have spent a bunch of hours on getting iDeneb (10.5.5) running on my P5Q Deluxe (E8600), but not able to get sound of any kind happening.

Anyone have a working .kext for even basic sound out of the P5Q Deluxe?

Anyone have a working .kext for even basic sound out of the P5Q Deluxe?

Finally. :)

Found the link posted by DocShadow to this thread, which has a driver that works for me:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=115246

Sound is now working for my P5Q Deluxe. :D

Today I updated the BIOS on my P5Q-E to the latest, version 1703.

DSDTPatcher found a lot less errors to patch (I wish I'd kept the logs to post, I deleted them right away without thinking) than with the previous 1406 BIOS. Try for yourself.

DSDTPatcher:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683

I think maybe someone at ASUS is looking out for us!

Updated to 10.5.6 and have been working out numerous 'kinks' in the system (see sig)

The last problems areas were Internet connection (needed to boot with -f flag), sound, and no info in the Hardware Overview in More Info. Now that I have these solved I have the following problems with programs .....

VLC 0.9.8 - sound but no video. Downloaded this version and installed as 0.8.? would not open

Toast - will not open

Anyone have any suggestions on what to try. :)

Thanks

Hmmm ..... you're right! Gone! ;)

I think this might relate to a bigger issue.

I've been using the EFI partition to successfully boot my 9.5.5 builds. For the 9.5.6 build in question (Apple Combo Update), I'm using the Vanilla setup (Kernel 9.6.0, System 10.5.6). I have a feeling that some of the kext in the EFI/Extensions are not being recognized on bootup. I had a hell of a time getting both the audio (none) and ethernet (would not work withou -f flag) working. The AppleAzalia.kext was only recognized once I installed it in the S/L/E folder.

However .... I have another drive that I updated to 9.5.6 booting with Darwin v5.0.132 and Chamelion v1.0.12 (Kernel 9.5.0, System 10.5.6). That build seems to be functioning OK except for the SMBios no info glitch. In this build the two programs work fine (QE/CI indicated).

Do you think these problems all relate to trying to use a vanilla install?

I don't have any first-hand experience with vanilla installs, I've only been using modified distros until now. When I get a Core 2 Duo for my P5Q-E I think I'll try it.

I don't know how you'd go about fixing the video on a vanilla install (you're using EFI strings?) I've installed the macbook pro graphics update, then updated to 10.5.6 and using a brand new injector called NVDarwin. It works perfectly.

About your SMBIOS issues, I'm pretty sure using Chun Nan's AppleSMBIOSEFI will fix that for you:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=108606

It works sort of like the video injectors. You get to keep your vanilla 10.5.6 AppleSMBIOS.kext - AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext goes in your extras folder I think (I just put mine in S/L/E) and does its magic from there.

You must insert memory speed and type (you can set FSB speed too if auto detection doesn't work right) in your boot.plist.

You can also edit the source code (open the project in xcode and edit the .cpp file) and insert Mac model, serial number and boot rom version. I use the latest iMac7,1 numbers I could find online. More detailed info on this step is buried somewhere in the thread. It's definitely worth digging out.

Good luck!

I have a P5Q-E and have tried an install of iDeneb 1.3 to no avail. I dont know if maybe some of my stuff isnt compatible or im not installing the right drivers. Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction.

My setup:

ASUS P5Q-E

Intel Core2Duo E8400

MSI GeForce 7600GS 512MB

BTW, im doing the install on an PATA drive, if that changes anything.

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: Got ahold of a SATA drive, will try install on that.

Your problem is that there is no driver for the Marvell 88SE6121 PATA controller on the P5Q-E on the iDeneb DVD.

You need a modified AppleVIAATA.kext. This one will work:

http://my.ukrweb.info/en/node/73

Look for tools to patch your install DVD somehow. I don't know how to do it or if it's even possible..I have IDE DVD drive too but my installation was done on my old PC which has more compatible hardware and I just moved the harddrive over afterwards...and then spent a few nights working out the kinks..!

Can I use that distro with SATA devices (both DVD drive and HDD), because I have a few on hand and I'm going to try those?

Does the iDeneb 1.3 come with the appropriate drivers for the P5Q-E, minus the PATA controller???

Thanks in advance

Ive tried to install with 3 different distros. I get a assortment of errors with iDeneb, depending on what drivers I select. Kalyway gave me a boot partition error and KaS just resets when it loads the kernel. I have not been able to get to the keyboard select screen at all.

Does anybody have a list of what drivers I NEED to install to get the P5Q-E working with any of these 3 distros. I've been at this all night and I'm starting to get frustrated :blink:

I haven't gone through the install process on this motherboard, as I told you via PM I installed on another PC and moved the drive over afterwards. So I can't be more specific. I would install as few drivers/fixes as possible to narrow down potential conflicts. Just kernel and bootloader. Then try SMBIOS, ACPI and ICHx fixes if your distro has those. Try a non-vanilla kernel. If you don't understand what the choices mean, look them up in the forums.

Read the whole P45 thread and other threads about the P5Q series boards, check your BIOS settings, read up on partitioning and Darwin Boot flags (check the genius sub-forum), use your error messages as search terms here:

http://######.com/osx86search/

Keep trying, all the information you need is here waiting to be found. The hardest part is asking the right questions.

Just an update on my current situation:

I got the iDeneb 1.3 working!! It currently only works in safe mode. When I boot it normally, it locks up on the blue screen.

An open question for anybody out there: Where are the driver files stored on the install disk. Now that I can get into the OS I want to load up some drivers I missed. What directory are they in?

Thanks