OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

@Candurin,

Thanks for your comment but thats not this is about. It's about running/installing OSX in general on a P45 system with multiple cores.

Its not about upgrading to 10.5.5.

You are right about removing AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext is important when upgrading but that trick was already known with 10.5.2 and up.

BiTRiP

BiTRiP the bios u updated cannot work.. i can install the mac.. but cannot boot up into the os.. when i boot up there put

HFFFFFFFF

HFS+ partition error

@Dragon4567,

This HFS problem is defniately not related to my bios mod. It's something to do with the bootloader which you didn't do right. (chameleon or boot 132?)

BiTRiP

@Candurin,

Thanks for your comment but thats not this is about. It's about running/installing OSX in general on a P45 system with multiple cores.

Its not about upgrading to 10.5.5.

You are right about removing AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext is important when upgrading but that trick was already known with 10.5.2 and up.

BiTRiP

Sorry about that... I certainly didn't mean to come off like an a$$! I just thought that was the intended purpose of this thread. And since I found so much help in this thread I would give back.

The deleting the file from the folder during install is just so much easier than using the terminal program to do it (as I see mentioned in all the other threads).

BiTrip, im really sorry for bothering you so much. Ive just been working on this for over two weeks. Ive tried so many distros with it.

Im still failing at the Buffer IO error upon boot. I can install fine, it just fails at Buffer IO on startup, ranging from JAS 10.4.8 through Kalyway 10.5.2.

I have an ICH10R and a P45. Ive also looked at the fix for Buffer IO. Ive used an old tiger, and disabled firewire. Still nothing.

I really think this is my only chance for a Mac. Please help me out.

BiTrip, im really sorry for bothering you so much. Ive just been working on this for over two weeks. Ive tried so many distros with it.

Im still failing at the Buffer IO error upon boot. I can install fine, it just fails at Buffer IO on startup, ranging from JAS 10.4.8 through Kalyway 10.5.2.

I have an ICH10R and a P45. Ive also looked at the fix for Buffer IO. Ive used an old tiger, and disabled firewire. Still nothing.

I really think this is my only chance for a Mac. Please help me out.

Can you make a screenshot with the error and post it here?

I understand, im getting pretty tired too. I misnamed the error by accident, sorry. Its Cluster IO.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/SKy...vu/IM000583.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/SKy...vu/IM000584.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/SKy...vu/IM000585.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/SKy...vu/IM000586.jpg

The last one is the best one.

EDIT: Thats booting JAS 10.4.8 w/ PPF1 and PPF2. Its the same error for every version though.

Asus P5Q fully working.

I have installed Iatkos v.4 and updated to 10.5.5.

Only onboard lan is not working. I just put in an old Realtek pci card.

You will need to use af modified bios. I use 0703.

I have spend hours (many) - but now I have af dualbooting system with Vista and Mac Leopard 10.5.5 (Iatkos v.4 upgraded).

I can update from apple without any problems.

Thanks to everybody in the community.

:) Asus P5Q.

You can install with the latest bios from Asus - 1306.

In that case you need to boot with: -v cpus=1

Also when you reboot after install.

However - I just learned the other day, that booting with cpus=1 gives other problems - Like Timemachine not working. But I guess it works 90% even without moded bios.

You have to set sata in bios to: AHCI.

Good luck.

@Dragon4567,

This HFS problem is defniately not related to my bios mod. It's something to do with the bootloader which you didn't do right. (chameleon or boot 132?)

BiTRiP

sorry i very noob don't know wat is chameleon or boot132.. sorry i only know tat now i got to put the mac cd to boot into mac.. isit i got to install chameleon or boot132 so tat i do not need the disc?? can u guild me?? and i set the harddisc to ahci in the bios am i rite??