OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

ok I've tried everything to get QE to work so I'll ask for help with an hd2600 pro pcie everything from natit to white fix to drv bundles different pkgs changed devid get no signal has anyone got it working? I have 10.5.5 with a P5Q board any help???I'm willing to try anything even if I have to reinstall and start from scratch

I have an HD 2600 Pro 512MB and used these drivers I found on this forum to get full QE/CI Support. Just install the Package and Restart

http://rapidshare.com/files/153795674/ATI_..._kexts.pkg.html

:D

Okay I'll start off by saying that I'm rather new to OSX86, having only just started running it on my EeePC 901. For my Eee, it was as easy as following some instructions. Now I'm interested in installing 10.5.4 or later on my new soon-to-be Hackntosh. Here are the specs:

Intel DG45ID MicroATX board

3GHz Core2Duo (E8400)

Nvidia 9800 GT

4GB 800Mhz DDR2

750 GB SATA HD

DVD-R/CD-R SATA Drive

The main thing I want to ask is whether I'm going to need to patch my BIOS or if there is a way around that? I've tried to make sense of this thread, but in some places, it's just going completely over my head. A lot of different boards with the P45 chipset have been discussed, but no one has mentioned an Intel board :/ I really don't know where to start, so ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi Peaple

I have tried out all thinks, read all post but nothing works for me, allways same problem..

2Sata Drives : 1 for Vista and a second one for Mac

I installed OSX Kaliway 10.5.2 succesfully on second drive, and then he reboots after installation and it shows the apple screen, and nothing happens.

In -v mode he shows me up the same screen like on 1st post of this topic.

Need i a mod. Bios ???

Did Vista 64 Bit boot without any problems after flashing mod.Bios ???

Specifications : Asus Maxmimus 2 Formula

Ati 4850 HD

P45 Chipset

and here is my original Bios : ---- Maximus-II-ASUS-Formula-1307.ROM

Please help me !!!

There's an earlier post about how to Mod your own BIOS if no one is replying. I didn't want to venture bricking my computer so i asked BiTRiP to do it, and he did. However it didn't work at first, so i set out to Mod my own BIOS, thinking maybe BiTRiP had made a simple mistake. I followed the instructions, they're fairly easy actually once you have the software, and i installed on my own BIOS mod.

Essentially you have to delete the 2 or 4 lines near the beginning of the ACPIAML that say alias (they're all in the the same 4 or 8 lines, that deal with the CPU). Just give the second page of this forum a look, where iPhoneTom gives his instruction, do a hunt for the software (it is out there, just look, that took me the most time...it's found in the main site dealing with ACPI, intel no longer gives it out, but they give a link to that site where you can find it).

So if you're stuck waiting for someone, try it out and see if you can do it. If you find those two or four lines and delete them, then recompress (the part about copying the Hex code to create a new AML isnt necessary, the iAML assembly does that for you, it puts out a file called ACPI.AML), and inject into a copy of your BIOS ROM found on your manufacturers site.

My problem was i needed to install the XNU Kernel, i couldn't go vanilla, that's why it wasn't booting.

Hi,

I installed successfully iDeneb 1.3.

I have only a little problem: when I boot it, I view a black screen with:

boot0:HFS+

Boot0:Mac

(and others)

Boot0:done

Boot1:failed

And I can run mac osx only with the CD boot.

How can I resolve?

Guys can anyone help me with this.

I have P5Q Pro mobo, 8GB ram and C2Q 6600.

I set sata to AHCI and managed to install iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5.

Install went smooth and I selected ICH, ALC and NVinject drivers.

After reboot I'm stuck on this screen when I use -v

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=101808223645cs6.jpg

Any suggestions ??

Thanks

Okay heres the update.

I flashed my bios with bitrips moded bios for my mobo.

I passed that state but now I get the blue screen flash and then I get the black screen and a cursor.

I have 7900GTX 512 mb and tried with kushkas (or whats the name) and nviject512 (is that correct name).

Anyone had the same problems ??

jofman, i'm just 15, and i'm not expert... :) is there any chance that leopard run with default bios?

(sorry for my very bad english :) )

As of right now there's nothing you can do but Mod your BIOS and change those lines; and i'm not an expert either and very close to 15, however that doesn't mean that i can't try. Ultimately this Forum is for people to help you, and you should be proud of the work you do to accomplish your hackintosh. This includes experimenting and flat out trying new things. Just give it a shot, if people see that you're making an honest effort and you post your specific problems then they will be willing to help you out.

Guys can anyone help me with this.

I have P5Q Pro mobo, 8GB ram and C2Q 6600.

I set sata to AHCI and managed to install iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5.

Install went smooth and I selected ICH, ALC and NVinject drivers.

After reboot I'm stuck on this screen when I use -v

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=101808223645cs6.jpg

Any suggestions ??

Thanks

Just as me, you need a bios mod.

@dooyou

Just put bios roms on flash and when starting computer go to asus ezflash util (alt+f2).

You can easily flash bios with files from usb stick.

Yes, I did in the past. But I'm a little bit unsure about installing a (non)original biosfile. Are there big differences between original and mod? My Computer

is running very well with the original bios, maybe after modding more instable? Thanks for helping!

Hi there, I just recently installed a Leo4All v2 distro on my p5q (latest official unmodded BIOS). Everything appears to be working fine, but I can only boot with the setting cpus = 1. I assume this has something to do with ACPI settings, but I haven't been able to pin down the information?

Any pointers guys?

edit: further investigation seems to point at the lack of a modded BIOS? I don't think anyone has posted a modded version of the 1406 build for the p5q pro, so I think I will try to do it myself.