OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

That's great, you're halfway there.

When you say it locks up does it really lock up or can you move the mouse pointer around?

If you can move the mouse (and your video card has two outputs) try plugging your monitor into the other one and then reboot.

I don't know about the structure of the iDeneb install DVD, maybe it's different but normally you can't access these files from the finder. If accessible, the path should be something like System/Library/Extensions.

You can extract files (such as kernel extensions) from packages and installers with Pacifist:

http://www.charlessoft.com/

Then you can use OSX86Tools to install them.

http://######.com/index.php?option=...1&Itemid=48

I modded my bios and reinstalled using Kalyway 10.5.2. It boots in safe mode, again. But when I try to boot regularly, i get a black screen with a pointer I can move around. If I switch the VGA ports, I get a blue screen with a pointer that is mostly transparent.

Any suggestions? Maybe changing the kernel I boot with???

It sounds like a video driver problem.

If you have networking up and running (and assuming you're still on 10.5.2) first download and install this:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...csupdate10.html

What did you choose in the video section when you installed?

Go to about this mac, more info, click graphics/displays and post what it says there.

--

You don't have to use a patched BIOS to get multiple cores going anymore, BIOS patching has been surpassed by DSDT patching.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683

Here's a patcher that runs under Windows:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=142434

You'll need a bootloader with DSDT patch loading support. Chameleon with PC_EFI v9 for example.

You can install it with this tool, it will upgrade or replace the bootloader you're using now.:

http://######.com/index.php?option=...9&Itemid=48

hi. i have motherboard P5Q and i can't install 10.5.5. probebly i need new bios. I downloaded this bios: P5Q-ASUS-0703_mod.by.Kabyl  but this is version 0703 and i need newer 1007 up

P5Q BIOS 1611

P5Q BIOS 1501

P5Q BIOS 1406

you can download these bios from asus.com

Hi there.

I dont think that matters, since you mod the ACPI AML.

I did it on my own with my MSI P45 Premium, now all 4 cores working well. And that mod is just simple :D

Things you need are:

- iasl Tools from Intel

- some Tool able to extract/replace parts from your BIOS (for me i used MMTOOLS, 3.19 T21fixed)

- some HEX-Editor

Steps are as follows:

1. Extract your ACPI-AML (DSDT) (uncompressed) from an original BIOS ROM File.

2. Copy the extracted ROM-Part to the folder where you installed the IASL-Compiler

3. Open your DOS-Prompt, type

iasl -d <filename>

to decompile the DSDT. it will write an *.dsl file.

4. open the *.dsl file with some Texteditor, remove the 4 *Alias* lines

5. go back to the iasl-folder and type

iasl -t c *.dsl

. it will compile the sources you created in step 3

6. open the resulting *.hex file with an texteditor, you just need the hex-values in each line (8 values each)

7. use your hex-editor to create an *.rom file from those hex-values

8. save the file as *.rom

9. use MMTOOLS to replace the ACPI-AML block.

10. save your BIOS & flash it. You are done!

If some of you guys need the BIOS for that P45-Board just drop me an line. Its the newest 1.1 release from today.

Have fun on your P45 Hackintosh :idea:

hi iPhoneTom,

i have some problems with installation on my MSI P45 Platinum board. (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=122453&st=20)

I think i need a other bios. at this time is use the bios version 1.5.

Can you modify the bios version 1.5 for me, please?

here is the link to the bios: http://global.msi.eu/index.php?func=downlo...0&type=bios

cu

stephanchen

Can happen when system.kext and kernel version don't match. Check your system.kext.

If they match get the USB fix for 10.5.6 from here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117029

EDIT oh snap, you're on 10.5.2..then I don't know if the new drivers will work, maybe you have to find older ones. They're around somewhere. Search "USB 10.5.2"

----

M!siEq and Stephanchen:

You don't have to wait for someone to mod your BIOS, you can use original BIOS with DSDTPatcher instead. End result is the same..and more.. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683

Hi every... too much page :( i have read until 9....

I have a problem, i can't use neither one ethernet port.... i set enable into bios.... and i install few controllers into leo4all instalation....

But.. i can't use internet...

By the way.. i don't sounds too

My mother it's a p5q3 deluxe with a modded BIOS to run leopard

Anyone could help me?

I have the ASUS P5Q-EM, is that any different than the P5Q-E? I would imagine that the "M" just stands for "micro" because it's a Micro ATX board, but I don't want to risk flashing a new BIOS on a guess. So what do you guys think?

I have the ASUS P5Q-EM, is that any different than the P5Q-E? I would imagine that the "M" just stands for "micro" because it's a Micro ATX board, but I don't want to risk flashing a new BIOS on a guess. So what do you guys think?

The best way is to go to the Asustek website and compare the specifications of each board.

MAC OS X Retail on

ASUS P5Q / ASUS P5Q PRO :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

One Month of Hard Work

Click Here

I thank you all who encouraged me to do this...........

I have worked very hard on this post.........It took me the whole day to type and verify the post....And a week to get all the files needed and a month for the experiments and the failures. But Like I always say.........Nothing is Impossible and Dont Give Up..............

hi. i have motherboard P5Q and i can't install 10.5.5. probebly i need new bios. I downloaded this bios: P5Q-ASUS-0703_mod.by.Kabyl but this is version 0703 and i need newer 1007 up

P5Q BIOS 1611

P5Q BIOS 1501

P5Q BIOS 1406

you can download these bios from asus.com

You can find the Modified Bios here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=137296

I installed windows xp 64-bit which (obviously) erased the darwin bootloader. I did not seem to be able to get it working, so I decided to reinstall. Strangely enough, the bootloader did not get properly written to my harddrive, so I used the boot132 method to boot to my install.

Anyway, this is the method I used on my P5Q deluxe:

-Flashed the modified 1311 bios found earlier in the thread.

-Installed iATKOS v4i (10.5.4).Stock Kernel (9.4.0) Selected drivers: SATA,Marvell Yukon.

-Installed AppleAzaliaAudio & IONetworking.. talked about earlier in this thread (page 6, post #103) (Also look for another thread by Docshadow)

-Updated everything.

-Using NVInstaller installed nvinject for my EVGA 8800GTS 320MB (EFI strings didn't work, no idea why)

-Installed PC EFI v9.

IMPORTANT: I was experiencing the "sound distortion bug" before, using the vanilla kernel. There are other things that are connected to this, like the clock running slow & the network card not working properly, etc. I fixed this before by installing the modbin kernel. Using this method, I can run the vanilla kernel, and EFI v9 fixes any other issues.

*only 1 network card properly works, but shows up as airport. I personally don't care much.

*I haven't gotten around to fixing the orange disk icons, again, I don't really care that much.

*sleep works, reboot doesn't seem to work.

Hopefully this will be useful to someone.

Erik

I've searched this thread, but haven't seen any reference to the exact motherboard I just got: Asus P5QL-E

I saw a BIOS mod that was close in number to the one I need, but it's not for this exact mobo, so I don't want to take the chance.

Could some kind soul mod my BIOS for me?

FYI: I tried iDeneb 10.5.5 and it installed, but locked up on the Mac logo on reboot.

Tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and had the same problems mentioned in this thead.

Thanks in advance...

Eric

P5QL_E_0705.ZIP

I've searched this thread, but haven't seen any reference to the exact motherboard I just got: Asus P5QL-E

I saw a BIOS mod that was close in number to the one I need, but it's not for this exact mobo, so I don't want to take the chance.

Could some kind soul mod my BIOS for me?

FYI: I tried iDeneb 10.5.5 and it installed, but locked up on the Mac logo on reboot.

Tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and had the same problems mentioned in this thead.

Thanks in advance...

Eric

You will find the modded Bios Here

I have the P5Q3 Deluxe Wifi and with the BIOS mod my 10.5.2 works.

You have they are a DSDT solution but my knowledge in MAC and in English are limited.

Can you please make a guide step by step to dummies like me.  Don´t assume any. Explain everything 

I read the instructions but i don´t understand.

Or help me with the new BIOS

http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket...DELUXE-1702.zip

P5Q3 Deluxe 16.09 BIOS mod by bitrip

Q6600 2.4 Ghz @ 3.6 Ghz

OCZ reaper 2*1 GB 1333 DDR3

MSI 9800GTX+ OC

SATA ports setting as raid

Raid 0 (500GB*4 Hitachi SATA 2drives) Vista Business 

Hitachi 500GB SATA2 Kalyway 10.5.2

Pioneer DVD 216D SATA

Anyway, this is the method I used on my P5Q deluxe:

-Flashed the modified 1311 bios found earlier in the thread.

-Installed iATKOS v4i (10.5.4).Stock Kernel (9.4.0) Selected drivers: SATA,Marvell Yukon.

-Installed AppleAzaliaAudio & IONetworking.. talked about earlier in this thread (page 6, post #103) (Also look for another thread by Docshadow)

-Updated everything.

-Using NVInstaller installed nvinject for my EVGA 8800GTS 320MB (EFI strings didn't work, no idea why)

-Installed PC EFI v9.

IMPORTANT: I was experiencing the "sound distortion bug" before, using the vanilla kernel. There are other things that are connected to this, like the clock running slow & the network card not working properly, etc. I fixed this before by installing the modbin kernel. Using this method, I can run the vanilla kernel, and EFI v9 fixes any other issues.

*only 1 network card properly works, but shows up as airport. I personally don't care much.

*I haven't gotten around to fixing the orange disk icons, again, I don't really care that much.

*sleep works, reboot doesn't seem to work.

Hopefully this will be useful to someone.

Erik

I'm still using BIOS 0803 (to lazy to upgrade :( )

I tried the new iPC 0SX 10.5.6 distro as I had some problems after upgrading from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 using Apple SU (minor now that I think about it :P

I'm running Chameleon 1.0.12 PC_EFI v9 with the 9.6.0 Vanilla kernel.

I chose the NVDarwin 512 kext for my EVGA 8800GT 512 MB and find the text a bit cleaner.

I had to installed Nick3092's modified AppleAzaliaAudio.kext ... sound no problem.

Like you the lower LAN doesn't work.

My icons are silver now; in 9.5.5 they were orange.

About This Mac has missing info in ... Hardware, Audio ... the rest are OK

Sleep works perfectly .... touch keyboard or mouse and it wakes up ... previously I had to press the on/off button to wake (like it better that way).

Reboot doesn't work if the computer has previously been in sleep mode.

Not to sound like a n00b, but is there a guide for that?

Thanks in advance!

Study the DSDT Patching threads. All the info is there.

Something easy that you can do right away is to upgrade your bootloader to PC EFI v9 Chameleon 1.0.12 with one of PCWiz' tools called 'Universal OSX86 Installer'.

Google PCWiz to find his site.

Hi everyone B)

This is my computer

Motherboard: Asus P5Q SE/R

Chipset: Intel P45

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @2833 Mhz

Ram: 4096 (4x1024 DDR2-Sdram)

Video: Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT

HD1: ST3250820AV (250GB)

HD2: Maxtor (500GB) USB

HD3: WD (500GB) USB

DVD: TSST corp CDDVDW SH-S203D ATA

Network: Atheros 10/100

I also have the retail Leopard DVD and i would like to install it on my Maxtor usb

Anyone can tell me the easiest way to proceed ?

Thanks a lot B)

Ciao

Tommaso