OSX86 on Intel P45 chipset?

BiTRiP

818 posts in this topic

Hi all

for anyone interested I've modded for Asus P5Q3 Deluxe BIOS version 13.06.

I've tried to flash using both Asus Update Utility (Vista x64 and x86, not XP, but should be the same...) and EZ Flash 2.

You can download it here

Thanks for all the hints to the great Kabyl, david and all the other ones who helped out to understand the BIOS triks...

Hope it helps.

hello Poto so that there is an Italian section I also asked them only in this section I see that it speaks of P45 widely since the maximus 2 with the same chipset, I tried to ask for help and here I am sorry that I do not know English I bios so a change in your help I hoped maybe nobody in the Italian section has a P45 and most likely can not help anyway I thank you give up the same pleasure of leo install on my pc hello

Hi all, I just bought a new MSI P45 Neo-f and i can't install leopard Iatkos leopard 10.5.4... y get a error screen that says something like the error that everybody had in this forum.... the "com.apple.driver.appleACPIPlatform".... can anybody help me? Need I a new modded bios?? it exist for my mobo?? Thanks.

My first query about MSI P45 Platinum-

Im glad that iPhoneTom and some other guys are working on this. Really thanks all you guys. :construction: I searched the thread and found out that mobo is working. But not in 1st attempt all things are working. There remain problems with sata, IDE, etc. The solutions to the problems are all scattered everywere. So I thought to post it systematically to get answer in 1 simple post.

Which of the following are working with modded BIOS ?

Onboard devices-

Audio working ? (yes/no)

LAN working ? (yes/no)

Sata working ? (yes/no)

IDE working ? (yes/no)

Which DVD to use? I right now have Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2.

Will it work ? (yes/no)

or any other DVD I shall use ?

Please also give the link to download edited/modded BIOS (which ever are latest).

If the above onboard devices are not working directly even with the modded BIOS, please let us know how to get that done.

Try to give answer is 1 simple post. :(

Thanks in advance.

Waiting for reply.

I have been tring to get iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 running on my p5q-e for two days with no luck. I get kernel panic error after install. I have tried the p5q-e bios but it says unable to read bios when i try to flash it. I have tried vinalla and sleep kernel. Any idea what im doing wrong? Anyone have p5q-e working? What software, hardware options, bios and bios settings did you use?

Thank you for the help

Edit: Found working bios from BiTRiP but im unsure if I need it since im not having install problems. I get problems after restart with kernel panic error.

I have been tring to get iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 running on my p5q-e for two days with no luck. I get kernel panic error after install. I have tried the p5q-e bios but it says unable to read bios when i try to flash it. I have tried vinalla and sleep kernel. Any idea what im doing wrong? Anyone have p5q-e working? What software, hardware options, bios and bios settings did you use?

Thank you for the help

Edit: Found working bios from BiTRiP but im unsure if I need it since im not having install problems. I get problems after restart with kernel panic error.

Have you Selected the Storage Configuration as AHCI. Try this forum here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=124693

i second a request for the 1406 series bios mods, the reason for them vs just using the older ones is they're compatible with the new series of Quad Cores that the older ones are not (Yorkfield I believe)

I'd love the P5Q-E because that's what I use =D and I have a Yorkfield now!

Hi, I have a P5Q SE and I want to instal OSX 86. I tried with kalyway 1.5.1 but I have a loop when loading the installer. Is there an issue ?

I've search for a moded bios without succes, do you know if someone have created this modded bios ?

Here is my configuration :

- Asus P5Q SE

- intel C2D E7300

- Twintech 8600 GT

- HDD SATA

- DVD PATA

Thank's to all

Thanks for all the great info and bios from BiTRiP. I got it to install and load fine with no erros. When it loads to the second screen where you enter your language the screen goes all black. I think this is video related. I have a 8600gt with 512 ram. I selected the nvidia driver with 512 ram. Is this the right one?

Thank you for you help.

ok double post by accident but any canadians looking for lan fix go to radio shack aka the source by circuit city and pick up a dlink dfe-530tx only 15 bucks and works great.Now I just need sound and get QE/CI to work on the ATI hd2600 pro and I'll be a happy camper.

ASUS PQ5

Intel 8400 (still trying to figure the overclock settings for this thing)

6 gig kingston ddr2 800

ATI HD2600 Pro PCIE

onboard audio (not working)

Hi all

for anyone interested I've modded for Asus P5Q3 Deluxe BIOS version 13.06.

I've tried to flash using both Asus Update Utility (Vista x64 and x86, not XP, but should be the same...) and EZ Flash 2.

You can download it here

Thanks for all the hints to the great Kabyl, david and all the other ones who helped out to understand the BIOS triks...

Hope it helps.

Could you please mod the latest firmware 1406 on P5Q3.

Thanks

ok I've tried everything to get QE to work so I'll ask for help with an hd2600 pro pcie everything from natit to white fix to drv bundles different pkgs changed devid get no signal has anyone got it working? I have 10.5.5 with a P5Q board any help???I'm willing to try anything even if I have to reinstall and start from scratch