Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

anyone who seeks help, instead of saying it doesnt work, you should add your specs to your signature, it would be more constructive and helpful report...

Yes, sorry. My PC is a Sony Vaio RS712, running 10.5.2 (Kalyway):

* Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3.0 GHz with Intel Hyper-Threading Technology

* Motherboard ASUS P4SD-VL

* 1.5Gb RAM

* Hard Drive 200GB2 7200rpm ATA-100

* NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX5200 128MB

By chance, I didn't have to tweak anything to get all my hardware to be supported (aside of installing the iPod support service from a OS-X install DVD).

when i am running 10.5.1 everything i desire in hackintosh i got, but immediately in upgrade to either 10.5.2 0r .3 then all hell break lose, i.e the booting time will increase from 20 seconds to say btw 5 to 10 minutes - i reallllllly hate that, i had to revert back kalyway 10.5.1 twice now, if anyone knows how to fix the booting up time fix let me know.

Hello all :)

what i didnt understand simply is - this is an Complete 10.5.3 Package including extra drivers an patches !

so what do i need to dl - the 7 files on rapid links are needed ??????? or i can use the :

kalyway hackintosh 10.5.3 combo update for sse3 intel only

then use the 10.5.3 Combo Update by Mysticus v1.2.mpkg.zip on kalyways combo update ?

and where the usb_fix_1.3.mpkg.zip need to be done on what stage if any !

can someone make a small sence order for me - thanks alot - keep up the great worX =)

there are many funny guys out there asking funny things lol :)

what does COMPLETE 10.5.3 PACKAGE MEANS? HAVE U CHECKED the post#1 screen caps? all trumpets are to same file just additional mirrors...

this is full package containing the 10.5.3 apple combo update plus extra fixes for the system... some doesnt work directly like sound drivers but you may get sound working again with taruga patcher anyway...

for the boot time issues, like i said, u gotta learn your chipset and device ids of pata/sata controllers... if you dont know these bits, no reason to ask for help, it is gonna be harder to explain later tell how to find device ids, how to edit drivers to add device ids and what drivers needed for your devices... too much to learn huh? no just go around and search the basics...

without learning how to crawl, you cant learn to run and jump...

While I appreciate the non-RS link it's a 5kb ftp without the ability to resume. Torrents, depositfiles, mediafire, megaupload, yousendit, wikiupload, newsgroups, etc all are good choices. More the merrier.

While I appreciate the non-RS link it's a 5kb ftp without the ability to resume. Torrents, depositfiles, mediafire, megaupload, yousendit, wikiupload, newsgroups, etc all are good choices. More the merrier.

yeah i know, what you dont know is I HAVE SUPER INTERNET CONNECTIONS TO MAKE 100000 DIFFERENT MIRRORS FOR EVERYONE :)

Great to see this evolving :) You're right, everyone should list their specs. Mine are various and changing - but I will make amends tomorrow! Thank you for your kindness and patience and good humor! :P

Update: v1.3 is coming soon, it will fix the last issue of system.kext to be replaced 9.2.0 if no kernel selected when you are updating from a system where there is 9.2.2 system.kext exists such as kalyway 10.5.2...

I made this last bit to ensure newbies and total noobs will not have USB NOT MOUNT issue whatever kernel they choose... hopefully i didnt mess up anything else ;)

Update package coming in 1.5 hrs... as free :lol:

+ script fix to ensure default setting 9.2.0 system.kext installed along with the kernel!

+ Laptopdisplay.kext added for testing (have no idea if it is working or not, so use it on your own risk)

+ 7600 gt gfx efi string added

+ minor script changes/fixes for better functioning

Ok, i've switched to the proper thread to make it easier for ya Mysticus ;)

As i said in the other thread, the 1.0 and 1.1 installer packages both lead to the same "stall" screen using -v switch during boot. I'll post the screen again in case you want to take a look here...

In my waiting to dl the 1.2 version (which i'll now stop and wait for 1.3), i decided to try the 10.5.3 Kalyway Combo Update since with two partitions makes things much easier and much faster. I installed with the same options as both your packages, just the Update/fix selections and with and without kernel selections (though your's would auto select 9.3.1 Vanilla if i remember right?). For some reason the Kalyway upate worked both ways without a hitch...

I'm not sure what the difference between the installers is since my experience is limited as far as that, but perhaps you can use that info. Perhaps this is because i've gone Kalyway (10.5.1 install, 10.5.1/10.5.2/10.5.3 updates)from the start, there is something "different" in your System updates?

I'll give your 1.3 Package again if you'd like but if someone could upload it in another method it would make it much easier -- deciphering those dam kitties in the RS Captcha codes are nearly impossible and the wait b/w 100mb is forever... Seeding a torrent might be the best option since we can all make sure we force everyone to seed in this thread, but just my opinion. :P

Here's the -v "stall" screen again here if you want to look at it:

photoxh2.jpg

Ok, i've switched to the proper thread to make it easier for ya Mysticus :P

As i said in the other thread, the 1.0 and 1.1 installer packages both lead to the same "stall" screen using -v switch during boot. I'll post the screen again in case you want to take a look here...

In my waiting to dl the 1.2 version (which i'll now stop and wait for 1.3), i decided to try the 10.5.3 Kalyway Combo Update since with two partitions makes things much easier and much faster. I installed with the same options as both your packages, just the Update/fix selections and with and without kernel selections (though your's would auto select 9.3.1 Vanilla if i remember right?). For some reason the Kalyway upate worked both ways without a hitch...

I'm not sure what the difference between the installers is since my experience is limited as far as that, but perhaps you can use that info. Perhaps this is because i've gone Kalyway (10.5.1 install, 10.5.1/10.5.2/10.5.3 updates)from the start, there is something "different" in your System updates?

I'll give your 1.3 Package again if you'd like but if someone could upload it in another method it would make it much easier -- deciphering those dam kitties in the RS Captcha codes are nearly impossible and the wait b/w 100mb is forever... Seeding a torrent might be the best option since we can all make sure we force everyone to seed in this thread, but just my opinion. :P

i was aware of those issues later they are all fixed... but if you are using jmicron controller i would not suggest going to 10.5.3 without getting other people's older files/patches to get jmicron working... I just preferred the original files... (ich works just fine... as long as in ahci mode) Kalyway does not have fixed ahci drivers if i m not wrong, just have kernel extra...??? v1.3 (v1.2) ahci fix works fine... with all the old ich ids in place (except jmicron) and another issue was hdd icons, and it is also fixed in these releases... I am making the last one just to make sure system.kext 9.2.0 version gets installed from the update package which i replaced (it was not being replaced because it was not being moved before, and instead as with the update, just updating older files rather than replacing them) this issue happens only when you started with a 9.2.2 system.kext in place... like from kalyway 10.5.2 :)

NEW ;) is on MU which is much more user friendly :) and free of course with very little limitations than rs... :) will be ready in 50 mins... :)

Update: Finally (and hopefully the last) v1.3 is out...

All the previous major issues has been fixed... If you still have some issues due to unsupported devices or drivers, no more update package... However, I am planing to make a Driver (Database) Installer for future uses...

All drivers in one place, and can be installed from the installer after any updates, therefor you would not have to worry about drivers again... All I need is which files needed, and any information that is necessary to know regarding usage of the drivers you would wanna see in the (DATABASE) DRIVER INSTALLER

This will help future fixes much easier and quicker... Because main update will be separate than drivers... It will easier to manage and track down problems...

;) Will make another topic for this case, and post the link here...

good luck and enjoy...

Also dont forget to report back success/failures and workaround stories...

This looks like it has everything. I'm trying to get my new Fujitsu Lifebook N6470 working...Tried Kalyway but end up w/a gray screen...won't boot after install.

So my question is how does one obtain these additional updates and does anyone have an idea why I'm getting stuck on the gray screen after the apple logo and geer it just hangs forever...

Thanks.

osxflex

Hi all,

I tried updating and everything looked finr, but after reboot i got "no system version set" error.

i just selected the SpeedStep Kernel wich runs already and didnt touch the rest.....

got installation suceed screen than rebooted and....

any ideas ?

:wacko:

hi

thanks for your work, seems really helpfull.

but is it just me or the link doesnt work? always redirects to toolbar, with no search i cant do nothing

Hello Mysticus, I don't mind about the insult but would have helped if you then provided a clear answer after. I just need help how to download this file -> updatev.1.3.part1.rar, 'cause I can't use Megaupload in my country. Please?

Thanks.

@anyone who is asking how to obtain the files: It is sad because, you cant see things right in front of your eyes, how are you gonna go further? What is more interesting is that one can see the files, but doesnt know how to get it... I usually dont like to insult people, but some of you really deserves it... If you dont even know how to download a file, how were you able to get osx running in the first place? Just as a reminder for blind ones: What does "==> :)" sound like to you? It is just pathetic ;)

A SMALL GUIDE FOR PEOPLE TO TEST DIFFERENT STUFFS W/O BRICKING THE SYSTEM BEFORE MAKING IT MAIN STREAM:

Before you ask how to have multiple partitions?, clue, start fresh! use your whatever dvd to make brand new installationg. Before you start your installation, take time to go to utilities/disk utility menu

and use disk utility to partition your hdd. This is very important for your future developments and for a better rock solid foundation!

Suggestions:

+ If you have bigger than 80gb hdd space (also dont really plan to dual boot on this with vista, nothing more than xp is flush the system). Choose 3 partition scheme (1-main 2-test 3-downloads or backup or windows-if you want dual booting)

+ name the partitions as 1st main 2nd test 3rd download or backup or windows 4th windows (if you plan to have 4th partition)

+ partition types for main test backup is osx journaled extended, and windows as dos fat

+ size for 80 gb... 25-25-25 gb (80gb = ~ 75 gb)

+ partition type from options menu: MBR!!!! (dont use guid if you wanna have peaceful system until you learn a lot, it will just cause you more trouble!)

+ now proceed to install on main system

+ system booted fine? accounts created, pass assigned? have all the drivers working? Stable system?

+ proceed to real guide for CLONING the system

0-) Beauty of this is you dont need to use dvd now, only diskutility, it will do Live Cloning when you are in osx already

1-) Open Disk Utility (Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility)

2-) From the left side, Click On the name of the current OSX HDD

3-) From the right side, Click on the Restore tab

4-) On the right side, you should see Source and Destination/Target paths

5-) From the left side, drag and drop the name of your current working OSX partition (main as in this example) to the Source path on the right side

6-) From the left side, drag and drop the name of your new OSX partition (test as in this example) to the Destination/Target path on the right side

7-) Do not choose anything on the bottom side unless you didnt erase the new hdd's new osx partition.

8-) Click on the Restore button on the right bottom side

9-) Now wait for the Restore to finish. (5-10 mins depending on your programs etc the partition size...)

10-) Once it is finished, on your new hdd you have the same exact copy of your current working osx partition but not the bootloader which you dont need anyway...

What have you done? You did clone your working partition to another partition without the bootloader. Additional bootloader is not needed when you are on the same hdd and when you have already one bootloader.

How does it work than? very simple! At boot screen countdown, press f8 key!! it should show you a list of partitions. To boot to main, just choose main and press enter, to boot to your test (clone of main) partition, choose the test partition and press enter (how to choose? use arrow keys damn it, dont ask this kind of funny questions :D )

Now boot to your test partition, and install anything you want... reboot, press f8 again, and choose test again, to see if it will boot? Is it bricked? no problem, just restart, and use main partition, it will boot fine! Then proceed to disk utility, first use erase menu to wipe the partition, and use the guide again to clone the main partition... no need to boot to dvd and reinstall entire system... this way you will always have solid system! as long as you do test your updates/ and suspicious installs on test partition... :)

Sounds Hard to me? Well you didnt even try to read and follow the instruction and try it all, how can you know it is hard without trying damn it? :)

I was running Leo4Allv3 (10.5.2) on a Dell Optiplex GX280 and everything was working great. Sound, network, SATA, USB, etc. I installed this update then everything went wrong :P

First, my SATA controller was no longer recognized and I got the "Still waiting for root device" error. I switched it in the BIOS to "Compatibility" mode and booted up, only to find my video now defaulted back to 1024x768 and all of the other resolution options were now gone. No problem, because I could force the resolution at boot up with the "Graphice Mode"= parameter.

The worst problem was that my PS2 keyboard didn't work anymore. I went back to the update package to reinstall just the PS2 keyboard fix, but I couldn't install it because I couldn't type in my password when prompted!

Rebooted in Safe mode. Still no keyboard input.

Back to Leo4All v3 DVD - reinstalled and everything working again.

@ericp: your question was absurd thats whyyuo got that answer, if you said, mu is not allowed in my country, your answer would be different... also mirrors on the way... but it will take time... one thing you should understand that I m not here to satisfy every single person on the planet, just doing this as a hobby... and dont have resources and money to satisfy you all... if you have better resources and money to make instant mirrors and sources for the wide use, let me know... otherwise, things take time... i m aware of access issues, and mirrors on the way... just keep quite... when done will be on post#1...

@max1e06: read my guide about how to test/clone your partition before you do major updates... then provide propar info

+ what is your chipset on your mobo? and device id for your sata controller?

+ sound card if worked b4, should not be hard again, network just probably some drivers/device ids... missing for your model

+ USB what do you mean by not working? high speed port now working? or it is not working at all?

+ sata port function is related to controller, which you need to provide information about it and only then can find an answer...

+ for ps2 kb, why dont u get a ps2 to usb converter...? or like i said, have clone system, and it will make your life much easier...

+ how? you will have previous and updated system at the same time, and you will be able to transfer your old working drivers to new system much quickly and easily!

just give it a try u will see how valuable to have clone partition...