Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Ok time is up... preparing update procedure! The update however will be this time premium option guys... Sorry, I think bandwidth is near full, so I dont wanna hurt others while helping, unless anyone have mirror options.... First it will be rs option, and then will try to do a better option...

It should be SSE2 compatible. I am running it on a Celeron M processor. Is your processor AMD? It should already work on all Intel processors.I have the Kalaway 10.5.1 installation. Would the kalaway 10.5.3 update be a problem without the 10.5.2 update? Also, will my battery meter work now too? I have been alwas worried about my laptop dying on me with no warning. Thanks again for your help.

No help if no propar information is provided... I m not a medium to figure out what hardwares work with which drivers... Do your own research, there is a HCL list... God Sake... Some people really deserve to be insulted... Please search around and learn to read... How many times do i need to say this, I cant know every single hardware and how/what they work with...

@vapor: it must be something to do with some extra driver stuff you installed or your bios has problem with ahci (either bios itself has bugs, or you didnt enable ahci mode?)

the only way to make sure it will work is through clean install... customization cant take so long... just your determination... do you prefer trying to guess hours if not days figuring what is causing the error? or spare 5-10 mins to reinstall your os and update another 5-10 mins and than customize, should not take 1-2 hrs max...

Ok, I figured it out. Was my stupidity. What happened is I do my updates on my secondary backup drive so I can test them. Normally, I just boot into that drive with the rd=diskXsY augment from the bootloader on the main drive. This works fine if the secondary drive is just a clone of the main drive. If the seconday drive has been updated with a new OS version that doesn't closely match the main drive the bootloader gets confused. I don't understand the exact mechanics behind this, but it just won't work like that (if somebody can explain this too me I'd appreciate it). What made me notice the problem is no matter what kernel version I had installed on OSX on secondary drive, it was loading the kernel from the main. I simply booted direcly to the secondary drive with the bios boot selector and everything was fine.

Now that I got it straightened out I did just a normal update using the stock combo updater like I always do (I have a retail install). I did test your updater, Mysticus C*, and it works just fine on my system except for the problems you have already noted. Thanks for your work. ;)

I'm very sorry Mysticus. The one File that I've attached doesn't work...I't doesn't broke somethinhg if you install it, but it doesn't work. You need 3 more Kexts....I've attached all the Kexts, and I know its too late, and I am incredibly sorry.

I made a test and now the Keyboard and the Trackback works...Iif anybody has an Problem with an Acer laptop, use Kexthelper and install these Kexts...Again, I'm very sorry Mysticus... :( . Excuse me very much... :(

Keyboard___Trackpad.rar

No, its not that I haven't been reading. I just want to know if I can add onto the IONetworkingFamily.kext. I did reading on the AppleYukon2.kext and found that with the default list of hardware that my ethernet port is not supported. With reading from other sites, I found that only those will work. It doesn't help me because I got it to work in Tiger. All I want to know is if I can add on to the extension. If anything I can give you a copy of the Tiger file and see if that helps. I am still going to keep reading. I know I should be insulted, but I have been doing all I can.

ok was testing the update package just now, i will sure add those ones including one more extra,,, 1988b sound card... dont know if it will work or not yet... but will add it... otherwise sound card owners can download taruga patches and fix issues in couple of secs... :(

Ok. Here is my info.plist from the AppleYukon.kext from my old Tiger installation. I was hoping I could figure out if there is anything in there I could add from it to the AppleYukon2.kext.Ok. That did not sound right. I was wondering if I could add that ethernet port to my AppleYukon2.kext, how would I approach doing that? I might just go ahead and experiement and find out by myself but I will make two test installations first, one for the new update, and one for the ethernet. See if a little work pays off, I guess?

info.txt

the lan package has yukon 2 driver, but it doesnt have your ids, so you will add it later manually by yourself...

Update News:

+ New Screen Caps added for the latest Update Package V1.2

+ 1988b sound card driver added

+ ps/2 and trackpad fixes added

+ nvinject and all other suspicious scripts :) have been fixed with better ones so that they wont cause trouble!

upload in progress so trumpet button will not be available for a while...

to stop hurting the bandwidth of the previous host, RS will be used this time... I know some of you will complain already but not much I can do, unless you have better free mirror options... contact me if so... in couple of mins...

I got the update now. Thank you for your help. I will do that with the ethernet. I did some research and came upon a lead. If it was Tiger, I could set up the port in a heartbeat. In Leopard, it is not so easy. I like it that way. Oh, and here is my hardware settings.

Sound (SigmaTel 9250 Codec)=Working

Graphics (Intel GMA945)= Working

*nix (Yukon-88E8038)= A work in progress

Wi-Fi (RTL8187B)=Working with a utility and drivers

Intel Celeron M Processor

512MB RAM

60GB Hard Drive(Formatted GUID and 1 partition)

DVD Drive(Read Only)

USB 2.0(4 hubs-All working)

SD Card Slots(Not Working but I don't care)

Gateway Laptop

I got the update now. Thank you for your help. I will do that with the ethernet. I did some research and came upon a lead. If it was Tiger, I could set up the port in a heartbeat. In Leopard, it is not so easy. I like it that way. Oh, and here is my hardware settings.

Sound (SigmaTel 9250 Codec)=Working

Graphics (Intel GMA945)= Working

*nix (Yukon-88E8038)= A work in progress

Wi-Fi (RTL8187B)=Working with a utility and drivers

it is not that hard to add id section... i will pm you later with the details how to do it...

Update News: free ;) is also added... I hope it works for everyone this time, with the least damage :)

I have Vanilla 9.2.0. Is there any known errors with updating and having this? I am just wondering and getting some idea before i do it. I have an Intel chipset. Any reply is appreciated. Thank you!

does any1 know which Kernels should I choose for XPS M1530: C2D T5450, 2GB ram, nvidia 8400GS,

thanks

Do you have them working on a previous edition of Mac OS X? If so, then you don't have to change much. Just look up on the hardware that hasn't up to this point.

I have Vanilla 9.2.0. Is there any known errors with updating and having this? I am just wondering and getting some idea before i do it. I have an Intel chipset. Any reply is appreciated. Thank you!

you ask too many questions... have you just learned how to install osx? is this your first time? you joined in nov, and in 8 months you still dont know which kernel works for your system, it is hard for anyone to help you... has anyone asked you your specs before? you posted your specs, but put it on your signature, go to control panel, edit signature... also dont just install osx by random choices, learn what you are doing!!! it is the most important part... If you dont know what you are doing, what hardware you have, and what drivers work for them, it is very hard for you to progress at all... after every single update or brick, you will ask the same questions again and again, is it gonna work? is it gonna work? just learn to make test partition, and do your tests on it... not very hard to do so...

i would suggest reformating your entire system and start fresh!!!

before you start installing, go to disk utility, and create min 3 partition scheme (if you intend to use only osx on it?) 4 partition scheme (if you wanna use windows as well)

choose scheme, name partitions as 1-main 2-test 3-backup or download 4-windows

from options choose MBR, not GUID, so that you wont mess up the system every single time you do different things..

choose 1-2-3 as osx journaled and 4 as dos (fat)==> later from windows you can format it as ntfs before you install... and set up dual boot

once partitions created go to install, and install it...

later... once created account and in desktop

use disk utility

click on one partition name

choose restore tab from right

drag and drop main partition to source

drag and drop test partition to target

click on restore

once finished, you will have a cloned partition of main... (without bootloader, but you dont need 2 bootloaders anyways... main partition's bootloader will load others just fine)

at boot, when it iscounting down, press f8 and choose test partition and it will boot to test partition... there you go, brick it if you want... for any test... anything bad happened? you still have main partition to boot... than make another restore, and test different stuffs... when you understand what works what doesnt, make final changes on the main one... this will be brick free osx system!

OF COURSE IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I SAY ABOVE...

GOOD LUCK...

also make a hardware profile in your signature, so people can see what you have therefore dont need to go back an forth for finding out your specs...

Ok. Thank you. This is my first time with Leopard. It isn't that I am not experienced, it is that Leopard is new to me and it is so far the most flexible operating system. Thank you for that reply though. I have been trying to get my specs on so I don't have to type them in everytime.

I made a fresh installation of leo4allv3 (vanilla kernel), then I installed this package with the following options:

10.5.3 CSX combo update

fix 10.5.3

9.3.0 vanilla kernel and system

nvinject 128MB

Mac book named

667 Mhz hard coded

PS-2 keyboard - trackpad fix

finalize

after the package is installed, I was going to do Disk permision, but I couldn't open disk utility :thumbsdown_anim: (don't know why though), then I restarted the laptop and this is what I got; ss bellow.

I think the nvinject 128MB cause the error?

here's my specs: XPS m1530, T5450, nVidia 8400GS, 160GB hdd, 2GB ram

could any1 please help me out? TIA

post-230540-1212929033_thumb.jpg

I made a fresh installation of leo4allv3 (vanilla kernel), then I installed this package with the following options:

10.5.3 CSX combo update

fix 10.5.3

9.3.0 vanilla kernel and system

nvinject 128MB

Mac book named

667 Mhz hard coded

PS-2 keyboard - trackpad fix

finalize

after the package is installed, I was going to do Disk permision, but I couldn't open disk utility ;) (don't know why though), then I restarted the laptop and this is what I got; ss bellow.

I think the nvinject 128MB cause the error?

here's my specs: XPS m1530, T5450, nVidia 8400GS, 160GB hdd, 2GB ram

could any1 please help me out? TIA

is this on internal screen? or external monitor? because without additinal Laptopdisplay.kext, i think it doesnt work on internal monitors? if this is internal monitor u took the pic, pls connect your laptop to an external monitor if you can to see if it switches to external...?

if it does, you need to use laptopdisplay.kext driver for enabling the internal monitor...

Ah, fun and games :soldiers:

Works well with my desktop computer, though only if I use a USB keyboard (patch didn't help, with or without, not a big deal but I like to use both keyboards).

- but with my laptop computer the trackpad doesn't work, with or without the keyboard and trackpad patch, requiring some further detective work. The Acer 4720z in question has proven troublesome in the past, though the trackpad worked pefectly with iATKOS v2.0i's defaults. A reccuring problem with that laptop is very often it doesn't boot past the dark grey apple on the light gray background; it takes for or five reboots before the spinning cog shows up, and sometimes the keyboard doesn't work. Works perfectly under Vista.

I have yet to try it on my Acer Extensa 5620 laptop but suspect it will work.

Impressed how few problems I have found so far. Good job. :D