Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Just wanna share one a$$holes PM who is bothering me... Dont like to expose personal issues with people but i will do once. Because he deserves it. Also please read the first paragraph of post#1 for discussions on topics and how/where to ask for help.

==============================================================

here is the member named:carman594

He PMed me asking if this update gonna work in AMD, i said "why dont you find it out yourself"

(i m pissed of getting pms for this kind of questions, already thats why i made a topic to discuss issues! Why i just simply answer yes or no? because how da hell should i know all the answers. Somethings has to be tested by individuals. And I even posted a method how to do tests without bricking and making a rock solid foundation... If you still asking me... You wont get nice answers.)

he became an a$$ keep bothering me... I wont answer him anymore anyway...

here is the last message....

from me:

look i wont answer anymore of your question if you continue to be an a$$...

the reason why people dont answer they either dont know the answer or they dont bother...

if you are following the topic, i try to answer questions that i know/have answers for... if i dont answer it that means i dont know the answer...

repeating again, dont PM me for this kind of questions when there are threads around... esp since you read the topic, post it there, wait for an answer or ask your question specificially like,

"hey anyone tried this update package on AMD machines? any results? or information?"

you may get an answer that way... if no answer, dont start pm ing people... just go to amd topics and ask for help/information...

dont {censored} come at people and {censored} about why they dont answer you... no one has a duty to answer you either... this is a hobbiest job, not Customer Service Department....

From him

So, basically, you don't know the answer and you're trying to make up this {censored} so you don't sound like a complete moron (which you do), and instead of saying "I don't know", you start all of this customer service {censored}.

you guys be the judge... and make sure you understand what you are readin so i dont have to argue with every individual who is asking help through PMs...

Hi Mysticus,

First let me say Keep up the good work! It is much appreciated.

I am finally working on a stable Hackintosh thanks to you and those like you on this scene.

I am curious about a couple things though:

1. What thread should I monitor to see if the 4GB Issue is ever resolved? I remember reading it has something to do with the SATA drivers and 64bit,

2. I am using the 9.2.2 system kext and default Kalyway 9.2.0 Kernel. I do not have the USB mounting issues, but my USB does act weird. For example it will not detect my iPhone, but will detect any other USB devices fine (including a WACOM tablet). Another thing is it will freeze when transferring large files. I have tried using your USB mount fix, but that caused greater instabilities. Will your USB fix in 10.5.3 resolve any of this?

I am looking for the solution to this on other topics, but just wanted to get your input:

3. I am using the Netgear wireless USB WG111v3 you recommended and it works great. However, it is detected as ethernet, is there a way for it to be detected as a wireless card?

4. Last, is there any luck with Wired LAN cards yet? Specifically the Netgear GA311 based on Realtek 8169s? Gigabit speed would be great . . .

Thanks again for everything!

it is nforce ata driver, and the link was on my topic for nforce chipsets post#2 very bottom part...

usb problem occurs on mass storage devices, aka usb flash disks or usb harddisks etc... not on all usb devices... iphone is a mass storage device as well, thats why it is not recognized due to the problem...

why the previous usb not mount fix didnt solve it? i dont know but i guess u didnt use it correctly and choose correct stuffs in the customize window... it is working otherwise...

10.5.3 update should work fine and should fix the issue anyway...

good luck and read the post#1 bottom part for making test partition.... if you understand the guide, and apply it, u will never have bricking problem, but you will be doing lots of tests on your own to see what works better without worrying about bricking anything... ;)

ethernet: i think mui said, usb ethernet by apple works fine :) but i dunno and cant confirm... if he said it works, it should work fine than...

cheers..

Mysticus.... Seriously good work with the installer!

One thing... I have an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro 512 - which kext should I select?

Can I just use the 2600 kext, and modify the device and vendor ID in the plist?

I Dont have any information about 2400 series mate, i would suggest you to check irc channel #radeonhd ask for it, because i dont even know if 2400 works or not... 2600-2900-3xx series work, but really dont know of 2400...

Just found this....

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107526

Good stuff!

i checked the post, 2400 pro works fine but i m not sure the packages i have will work or not... so cant confirm it. Need to check he driver it is installing first. Also After the update package before you restart, downlod and install one of those drivers from that topic whichever says 2400 pro (2400 xt does work with 2400 pro bios flashed, otherwise it doesnt work as it is...)

but 2400 as with the 2600 series, it only works with dvi2vga output... meaning you will need vga input on your monitor...

good luck...

Hi all,

just tried the 1.3 package with speedstep kernel and got a panik.

under kalys 10.5.2 i used the speedstep kernel to without problems.

what i did: installed kaly 10.5.1 from dvd, booted in - x mode and removed the Applebcm5751ethernet.kext

rebooted. installed the kalyway 10.5.2 combo update _ no problems

installed the wireless installer package for usb cards from the ralink homepage

installed the ati radeon 9200 package

made a backup

installed the 10.5.3 update wih following setup:

selected 9.2.0 speedstep kernel

and the laptop display patch.

the rest i left untouched

and got a panic

any ideas please?

p.s. of coutrse i tried to boot -x -v -f

:(

i checked the post, 2400 pro works fine but i m not sure the packages i have will work or not... so cant confirm it. Need to check he driver it is installing first. Also After the update package before you restart, downlod and install one of those drivers from that topic whichever says 2400 pro (2400 xt does work with 2400 pro bios flashed, otherwise it doesnt work as it is...)

but 2400 as with the 2600 series, it only works with dvi2vga output... meaning you will need vga input on your monitor...

good luck...

Haven't "taken the plunge" yet... I was going to run your update without any video drivers selected, then after the reboot I was going to run the correct installer for my card.

So you think I should run the video installer before the reboot at the end of your update?

Also... I want to run the vanilla 9.3 kernel, will I have any probs with the AHCI? (I've read some people have had to fix AHCI with other update methods)

some off-topic humour (some of you may have seen it already): i was almost sh!tting my self laughing... read it carefully (note: requires a bit of technical understanding of programming database :(...)

A hacker names his son and everything goes wrong at school :(

nameyourkid.png

Thanks Mysticus.... I did actually read your 1st post, but that was very late last night so I was quite sleepy... must have missed the ACHI thing.

I have a Gigabyte board also, and my DVD burner is IDE, so uses the jmicron kext - hope it works!

I'm going to brave the update later on, I'll post back when I'm back up and running with 10.5.3 (hopefully!)

P.S. - I am going to be getting a Radeon 3870 next month so if video doesn't work (although I very much suspect it will from reading the Radeon thread) it won't be the end of the world.

this update if you read the post#1 has ahci fixed (except jmicron, but someone said jmicron worked fine?) for the video card yes... run the update package first, than use the 2400 installer on top and restart! :P

should be fine i think... (i think, because i dont have 2400 to confirm, and should work based on previous reported successes on that topic...)

Hi Mysticus, thanks for the RS links! :D

I have 3 hard drives, one for Vista, one for Main OS X and another one for Test OS X (clone of Main). Right now, I can only select and boot between Vista and Main. How can I add Test to the boot selection so I can install the 10.5.3 update package?

Thanks

u cant add it directly but you can type it

mach_kernel rd=diskXsY

x= disk number (0,1,2... note disk numbers starts from 0)

y= partition number (1,2,3...)

for example if you check your hdd's number from disk utility it should show some number... in info section as disk0 disk1 disk2 ...

find it out (of course partition number of the clone system as well...)

at boot press f8

on top of your main system, in command line, type these

for example (thinking your test disk number is 2? and u installed it in first partition)

mach_kernel rd=disk2s1

my advice: dont waste 3rd hdd for testing, use it for storage or backup stg...... start fresh, parition your hdd with suggested settings in post#1 and you wont need to type anything :D just choose and go :D