Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

...but with my laptop computer the trackpad doesn't work, with or without the keyboard and trackpad patch, requiring some further detective work. I have yet to try it on my Acer Extensa 5620 laptop but suspect it will work.

Strange...I've tried the Updater again, and it worked with the Keyboard-Driver on my Acer 5715Z...

well the trackpad issue, is something out of focus, someone pointed out the files, i didnt check the files or read information about it, these kind of issues related to specific fixes should be individual's responsibility... if i was given correct information, it would have definetely fixed it... :soldiers: I already asked the person for confirmation, the files he sent me said to fix the issue, apperantly it requires mre fingering or files? which i dont know of, but should not be hard to fix either...

No worries, Mysticus C*! Thanks again. :soldiers: It has been a problem laptop ('waiting for boot volume' comes up under -v; other times it boots fine). Sometimes when trying to install iATKOSv2.0i (on the 4720z) you have to have to boot it up five or so times to get to the point where the spinning cog appears, otherwise the cog doesn't appear and you are frozen on the Apple icon boot screen. After install you have to boot up with cpus=1; though consistantly that ceases to be neccessary after installing Leopard Graphics update package from Apple. I'm going to wear out the power button! If anyone has found a workaround, please, please let me know! Others have mailed that they have the same problem with the 4720z.

Strange...I've tried the Updater again, and it worked with the Keyboard-Driver on my Acer 5715Z...

Blue-K, hi! I wasn't familiar with that model of Acer so looked up the spec. It is very close to the 4720z but has a bigger screen. Do you ever have problems at boot up? I have tried Kalyway, Leo4allv3 and iATKOSv2.0i. Sometimes it boots up first time, often it doesn't. Did you edit anything?

No worries! It has been a problem laptop ('waiting for boot volume' comes up under -v; other times it boots up just fine), unlike the Extensa 5620. Sometimes when trying to install iATKOSv2.0i on the 4720z you have to have to boot it up five or so times to get to the point where the spinning cog appears, otherwise it freezes up on the apple icon. After install you have to boot up with cpus=1; though oddly and consistantly that ceases to be neccessary after installing Leopard Graphics update from Apple. I'm going to wear out the power button! I may have to give up on Leopard on that one, or at least I have yet to find a workaround. If anyone has found one, please, please let me know! For a while I felt a little alone but others have messaged me to say they have the same bootup problems on the 4720z.

Blue-K, hi! I wasn't familiar with that model of Acer so looked up the spec. It is very close to the 4720z but has a bigger screen. Do you ever have problems at boot up? I have tried Kalyway, Leo4allv3 and iATKOSv2.0i. Sometimes it boots up first time, often it doesn't. Did you edit anything?

No, nothing. No problems at booting up, edit nothing. I've only got some problems with overheating...

Guest cavallo

hi, mysticus i just like to know if it works with 10.5.3 updated Leo4all workin except tosat and popocorn.

i have qe/ci on my ati 2600hd 512 working but those apps don't start

do you think i can fix that with tpur package.

i have amd opt170 skt 939 cpu 3800+ 64x2

4 gb ram

msi k8n nforce fi 4 mobo

sapphire ati hd 2600 pro 512 ram

net kas kernel i don't know version

if youn can help me i will appreciate.

thanks

@cavallo: msi is a very troublesome mobo, usually first requires bios patching before starting any osx install... patches are done by kabyl from here http://osrom.net/biosmod/ if you dont have booting problems, the update should work fine now as well...

@ericp: what does :( means to you? do you know how to play trumpet? :)

@blue:k overheating may be caused of full throttled cpu, you may need to use speedstep and if it has extra stuffs along with it, get them as well. i dont have taht kind of issue, i just dont know about the solution for it as i never needed to look for it...

@Detosx: Look at my Attachment. These files I gave Mysticus to integratein the Updater. Install these Kexts with Kexthelper, and all should work. I swear that worked by me...

@Mysticus: Yeah, I know. With the Speedstep it always shutdown, and I also deleted the Thermo.kext...I'm happy with idlehalt=1 , this doesn't work always, but sometimes :(

Trackpad__61474_Keyboard_Fix.zip

is this on internal screen? or external monitor? because without additinal Laptopdisplay.kext, i think it doesnt work on internal monitors? if this is internal monitor u took the pic, pls connect your laptop to an external monitor if you can to see if it switches to external...?

if it does, you need to use laptopdisplay.kext driver for enabling the internal monitor...

that's internal monitor,

I just reinstall OS X, I'm gona install the package without nvinject to see what will happen :(

Will that be version 1.3 ? Can you tell us what will be different from v1.2?

no major change really, just a script addition to make 9.2.0 system.kext install correctly, you can do it with the additional usb fix installer as well, quicker... so no need to wait for another one...

currently, installer has 9.2.0 system.kext but it will not install it if you previously have 9.2.2... this happens when you updated with timemachine fix, or used kalyway 10.5.2 with default settings... nothing really my fault. Many install dvds has this issue, cant blame them either, working with 100s of files, you may forget stgs in between :wacko: not major issue... but it will cause usb not mounting problem if you dont fix it...

No luck for me :( Upon rebooting I got the dreaded error : "still waiting for root device". I had to re-install 10.5.2 completly and import my Time machine backup ;)

anyone who seeks help, instead of saying it doesnt work, you should add your specs to your signature, it would be more constructive and helpful report...

majority of the people dont know how to report problems... in fact most people dont understand how hackintosh works... and why... and on what...

+ what you should learn is, your own hardware specs of your computer and post it in your signature (control panel/edit signature)

+ once you start reading, you will understand the two most needed informations are CHIPSET (including their device ids== what is device id? learn to search and read :) ) and your graphics card model (including of course device id)

+ these two are needed to get the system up and running! later you can learn audio and ethernet ids to get them working... (including their device ids)

once you learn your chipset and vga cards it is much easier to find a solution... :) if there is one...