Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

the site is up and running right now :) it was the host i think, either maintanance or something went haywire :P...

cloverbay: your choice of drivers are odd: i think you dont know what you are doing at all. Why do you choose entire driver folder? also what are funny choices have you made in step 3? and please add your hardware specs to your signature (check mine as an example)

paratox: all i can suggest you is to start fresh... i m sure you messed up a lot of things right now... read post#1 and use my guide for brick free system integration, and forget about worrying about any update to brick...

detosx: if you have another working partition that you can boot to, try following the guide proparly from scratch, esp if you apply the brick free system integration first, it will be much easier for future problems... all tests can be done to see the effects before making anything main stream...

vlada: did you read the first post at all? i explained what is a combo update, what is a delta update....

hello :)

my feed with your combo update:

"brand new" kalyway 10.5.2 no raid

a-b-c ---->well done customize button is here ;)

when i restard i have in "yellow" :"-----genusbheci...no load" and "waiting for root device" he lost the original kext :blink:

i can write it under my microsoft parttition ; but what is this .kext for intel sata ich9?

thanks ;)

hello

ok when i start ahci in bios :)

BUT with 9.5 vanilla he start in 10-12 min! he stop on "waiting IOWAITKIET........" and once on the desktop i haven t the dock :blink:

i try osx86tools , repair permissions....... --->not better

i try efystudio and my pkg for ati 3870x2 ans at reboot he stop with "you must restart blabla...."

cry :wacko:

hello

ok when i start ahci in bios :wacko:

BUT with 9.5 vanilla he start in 10-12 min! he stop on "waiting IOWAITKIET........" and once on the desktop i haven t the dock :blink:

i try efystudio and my pkg for ati 3870x2 ans at reboot he stop with "you must restart blabla...."

cry :blink:

i hardly understand what you are saying, but you have couple of question marks? osx does not run on soft raid controller that is set up from bios, only guid partitioning and through apple soft raid... which one are you using?

how was your previous set up made? which dvd using? what were working and what was not working?

and did you follow the steps? and what did you choose in custmomize? in last step?

more info...

Downloaded the new version 1.1.2.

Setup : Asus P5KPL-VM, Quad Q6600, 4 gig ram, Nvidia TNT II PCI graphics card. Network and Audio on board

Run Pre script no reboot, install combo no reboot, run post script, kernel panic and asked for the power button to be held down for reboot. then will not reboot.

Choose 9.4 Kernel

Chipset : ICHx

Graphics : Intel

Audio : Just Restore

Network : Just Restore

System Functions : SMBIOS, USB 2.0, dsmos.

To be honest I think I have made some incorrect choices.

Thanks for any help.

I actually had the kernel panic problem as well when I tried installing to the partition that I booted into... (After the 10.5.5 update finished installing.)

I tried booting to a different OS X partition and selecting my test partition as the target for the install and it worked fine... (It didn't even ask for a restart after the update was complete, for obvious reasons.)

Hope that helps someone.

Downloaded the new version 1.1.2.

Setup : Asus P5KPL-VM, Quad Q6600, 4 gig ram, Nvidia TNT II PCI graphics card. Network and Audio on board

Run Pre script no reboot, install combo no reboot, run post script, kernel panic and asked for the power button to be held down for reboot. then will not reboot.

Choose 9.4 Kernel

Chipset : ICHx

Graphics : Intel

Audio : Just Restore

Network : Just Restore

System Functions : SMBIOS, USB 2.0, dsmos.

To be honest I think I have made some incorrect choices.

Thanks for any help.

you have nvidia card tnt 2 and you make intel gfx choice? also, you have pci gfx card, is it supported at all? also what is the chipset on your mobo?

vsi: the only reason for an nforce mobo to have kernel panic after the 10.5.5 update is due to nvidia gfx drivers... in this case, wht i can suggest you is to install this way

1) post package with only nvidia gfx fix choosen, let it finish

2) pre patch

3) official update

4) post patch again with all the correct custom settings...

the reason for it is that nvidia gfx drivers will not load immidiately, because it will find the current drivers same version, therefore will not update them... and the ones being loaded will be nforce mobo fixed version... I explained why nforce mobo owners needs fixed nvidia drivers before but here again: (nvidia gfx drivers missing class identification, therefore, whatever nvidia device is found it will load... since you have nforce mobo, you have many components that contains nvidia ids, and if you load gfx driver for a chipset?, or ethernet?, or memory controller? or another thing, it will cause prolem in this case KP.kernel panic...)

hello

ok when i start ahci in bios :)

BUT with 9.5 vanilla he start in 10-12 min! he stop on "waiting IOWAITKIET........" and once on the desktop i haven t the dock :)

cry :wacko:

hello

fresh instal of kalyway 10.5.2 on ONE raptor (no raid 0 :( ) AHCi ok

9.2 vaniila

Mysticus C* update ;)

a -->ok no reboot

b -->ok no reboot

c -->ok ,good options (9.5 vanilla...) and reboot

at boot : it hang 10-12 min in "waiting IOWAITQUIET........"

on desktop ,no dock :) but i am in 10.5.5 :P

sound ,lan ok;)

efistudio +3870x2.pkg(whoo works wonderfull in normal time)------->grey logo on startup, "you must restart your computer.... :(

i will try with 9.2 vanilla and your version 1.12 ;)

:angel:

hello

fresh instal of kalyway 10.5.2 on ONE raptor (no raid 0 :) ) AHCi ok

9.2 vaniila

a -->ok no reboot

b -->ok no reboot

c -->ok ,good options (9.5 vanilla...) and reboot

efistudio +3870x2.pkg(whoo works wonderfull in normal time)------->grey logo on startup, "you must restart your computer.... :)

i will try with 9.2 vanilla and your version 1.12 :wacko:

:angel:

c: good options what options?

you should choose:

kernel: 9.4.0

chipset: ichx

sound: restore,

network: restore

vga: nothing, no ati drivers on the patch, so use your own efi studio afterwards...

system func: smbios: mac pro?

thats all you needed to choose...

Mysticus C*

Help me out.

I jus tried to update the kernel file using the Post Patch to just check if it works.

Tried,

9.0.2 ToH Sleep Kernel

9.0.4 Stage XNU kernel

The result : PC Restarts sucessfully but after the white screen the lading ends. the blue screen comes upp n stay there forever. I can play with m mouse al the time , buy notihng loads up further ,, please help ...

Hay, I tried the updates. Installed the pre patch, then combo update (coming from 10.5.2), and finally the post patch. once it started to boot i was stuck at the apple logo. I then rebooted to verbose and was able to get this..

img0004nz3.jpg

img0005jm2.jpg

Anyone care to help?

Thanks Mysticus. The update from Kalyway 10.5.2 was relatively free from hiccups.

1. Asus P5KR C2D e6300 at 2.6GHz; 4G Adata DDR2 & Nvidia 8600GT 512Mb; 320G Sata HDD & Sata DVD writer.

Straight update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.5 with your patches & 10.5.5 combo(vanilla kernel) resulted in the disappearance of DOCK and the inability to shutdown and restart properly. Then I tried another approach, I updated my system first from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 using Netkas method before applying your pathches and 10.5.5combo. Everything is functioning well except for the shutdown and restart problems.

2. Biostar Tforce P965 C2D q6600 at 3.15Ghz; 6G Adata DDR2 & Nvidia 8600GT 256Mb; 160G Sata HDD & Sata DVD writer.

Updated my system first from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 using Netkas method before applying your pathches and 10.5.5combo. Everything is functioning well except for the shutdown and restart problems.

Thanks again and sorry for my poor English. Looking forwards to the new release of your 'post combo update patches' which hopefully will address the shutdown and restart problems.

cloverbay: your choice of drivers are odd: i think you dont know what you are doing at all. Why do you choose entire driver folder? also what are funny choices have you made in step 3? and please add your hardware specs to your signature (check mine as an example)

In step 3 i chose restore sound only, restore network only, plain vanila kernel (think it says 9.4.5 or something) USB, no RAID or JMicron drivers cos i dun have any & also didn't check the ICH7...ICH10, thought you've mentioned this patch is for those whose system doesn't have this chipset.

Video, the whole intel folder cos my lappie runs on the GMA950 but the drivers only has 900 & the rest of ATi & nVidia. I thought no harm putting in all the intel video drivers thinking (or wasn't thinking) that the OS will be smart enough to pick out the one thats most suitable. :censored2:

so can i re-run step 3 to try again?

Well I did it and it seems to work ok. I have a slight issue that is bugging me a bit. I only really picked 2 options here.

Sound/Just Restore Sound

Network/Just Restore Network

System Functions/SMBIOS/MacBook Pro

Note that I didn't pick the kernel. Why? The last time I did that the entire OS crashed and I had clone back my OS. Note that I took your advise and made 2 equal partitions when I started. One is my main and the second is a test install partition that I do my experiements on.

Anyways my issue is as follows.

The first is rather important. The OS is no longer picking up the batteries anymore. I used iATKOS v4i which is able to do that right away and provided accurate readings. I noted the AppleACPIPlatform.kext was changed to an older version than what was included. If I revert back is there any other files that have to be copied back from the backup?

The second is minor and mostly cosmetic. When you bring up "About this Mac" I expect it to show my service tag for the serial number there when you click on the version. Anyways when I use the above smbios file it no longer does that. It instead displays some random serial that I don't recognize. I installed the netkas smbios when I originally installed.

Got an update to my system update. Well I tried it again after a fresh install of kalyway 10.5.2, then used the pre patch, followed by combo update to 10.5.5, finally post patch. Once everything was installed, I rebooted only to come across the same issue of being stuck at "dsmos: starting...", or so I thought. This time I let it do it's thing because I kind of got side tracked due to the season premier of Heros haha.. Well it finally rebooted on it's own then booted to the desktop. Everything was slow at the beginning but started to speed up after a min or two. I manually rebooted again and now everything works on 10.5.5 w/ 9.4 kernel. Although boot time is really really slow for my setup.

kramark: did you apply the latest patch? choosen correct settings? if you applied earlier patches, you may have trouble, so better to start from a fresh install... and make a habit of readin, try to apply the guide in post#1 regarding partitioning, and creating a clone partition easily for a brick free system, only then people will complain less about their bricked systems... i already warn in advance that treat this a test! anyways, try to readt first post and understand about partitioning and cloning, if you understand that you will never brick anything...

hi mate,i'm doing this on a fresh install about 4 times already and i have an error with using cloning software because i have a usb 1.1 only remember i ask you also about that.. i don't have any problem trying it again and again i only want to update to 10.5.5. It still stop from the apple logo. I already know how to partition and cloning but no luck with cloning as i said a problem with usb it crash because it took about a day just to back a 10gb harddisk..

I just fast read this post.. but about the "Patch"... It is not a must. I have a P5W / Kaly 10.5.2 install. I put the AppleCombo10.5.5 yesterday. delete AppleIntelCPUPower........kext during install replace favorites kext (take care my old graphics kext from native install do not work now! they was working for 10.5.3/.4 install but for the 10.5.5, I had to DL newest.... HERE. Thanks Bronya)