Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

Mystiq C*

sorry for posting again ........

As with ToHLeo RC2 Leopard 10.5

The kernel im using is a .9.0 n is not a Vanilla Kernel.

n after the Update the path is set to Vanilla Kernel ,....( Which dosent exist in my case ). .. thats y my PC reboots that badly . bcoz it cant find the kernel it has 2 load .....

posssile solution : I think i've to upgrade to kernel 9.2 ....... or Vanilla kernel .......hope .. i'll b sucessfull ..

i'll reply the answers soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

is there some one who agrees n can shake the head the way im doing...

Mystiq C*

sorry for posting again ........

As with ToHLeo RC2 Leopard 10.5

The kernel im using is a .9.0 n is not a Vanilla Kernel.

n after the Update the path is set to Vanilla Kernel ,....( Which dosent exist in my case ). .. thats y my PC reboots that badly . bcoz it cant find the kernel it has 2 load .....

posssile solution : I think i've to upgrade to kernel 9.2 ....... or Vanilla kernel .......hope .. i'll b sucessfull ..

i'll reply the answers soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

is there some one who agrees n can shake the head the way im doing...

mate,just download the precombo and post combo and the apple combo. Then first install precombo,after that the apple combo update don't restart then the post update but be sure to select your customize installation before finilizing your installation after that reboot i hope it works for you because mine didn't work..

badkid: did you update already? or you are planning to update? if you updated already, how did you update? which steps have u followed? and what customization have u choosen in the last step?

how can i know what you have done, if you dont tell me?

kramark: did you apply the latest patch? choosen correct settings? if you applied earlier patches, you may have trouble, so better to start from a fresh install... and make a habit of readin, try to apply the guide in post#1 regarding partitioning, and creating a clone partition easily for a brick free system, only then people will complain less about their bricked systems... i already warn in advance that treat this a test! anyways, try to readt first post and understand about partitioning and cloning, if you understand that you will never brick anything...

breaking bad: what do you mean completely bricked? please provide what u ve done? what steps did u follow? and what options did u select, also booting with -v to see what errors u r getting (screen cap if possible)...

Hi mate.

What I mean by completely bricked is that I can´t boot from that partition using any kind of flag. It simply restart after pressing enter after typing the -v flag. Using flags or not, the system restarts.

I followed the steps from post #1 - Prepare for Combo (-no restart) , Official Update (-no restart) and finally PostStage - selected only Just Restore Audio and NVInject 512 for my 8600GT 512Mb.

Just to remind, when I did the update for the first time in my TEST PARTITION, everything went real fine, except for the sound what I considered a minor issue since I could restore it from the backup folder, but when I ran it for the second time on my MAIN PARTITION, I was using the 1.1.2 release.

I still can acess the bricked partition from my running system, but I can´t boot from it. Is there a way for me to get one log file, since my system.log was enabled to that partition??? If yes, tell me how so I can provide you propar information on that installation. I can garantee you that I followed every same step from the post #1 with the instructions.

Hope to hear from you.

[]´s

Hi mate.

What I mean by completely bricked is that I can´t boot from that partition using any kind of flag. It simply restart after pressing enter after typing the -v flag. Using flags or not, the system restarts.

I followed the steps from post #1 - Prepare for Combo (-no restart) , Official Update (-no restart) and finally PostStage - selected only Just Restore Audio and NVInject 512 for my 8600GT 512Mb.

Just to remind, when I did the update for the first time in my TEST PARTITION, everything went real fine, except for the sound what I considered a minor issue since I could restore it from the backup folder, but when I ran it for the second time on my MAIN PARTITION, I was using the 1.1.2 release.

I still can acess the bricked partition from my running system, but I can´t boot from it. Is there a way for me to get one log file, since my system.log was enabled to that partition??? If yes, tell me how so I can provide you propar information on that installation. I can garantee you that I followed every same step from the post #1 with the instructions.

Hope to hear from you.

[]´s

u needed to choose kernel as well!!! you are using an official update unlike before, you are using totaly official update, + couple of patches afterwards...

everyone has to choose a kernel selection for their liking, or else, only specific intel chipsets will work this is a known fact i think people dont read enough... i will put a note for that in the guide....

Well, this seems to get more n**bish - hope you don't loose your patience? :D

Do you really stilll use "Kalyway 10.5.2" ?

Have you never thought on making a full DVD Release ?

I sometimes do loose my patience, and have to argue with noobs... usually claiming they read everything, they dont find anything, or they know so much but it just doesnt work... But the most annoying one is really PM messages... I am trying to help as much people as possible using the topics so everyone can learn from eachother's experiences... Half of the PMs are about:

+please help me, urgently (rescueing a PC from a fire i guess, his pc is gonna die, or suffering from a heart attack)

+a simple question,

+is this gonna work on my system,

+what is in the package,

+what can i do for my system,

+noone answers my topic pls u do answer,

+my problem is very specific thats why i used PM

endless list of problems...

Most people have problems because they are lazy and stupid enough to understand a simple fact! Read and Learn! (use google or whatever)

people just jump on board, and not very keen on learning a thing or two, and want only a direct/quick solution, and want it URGENTLY :P

Now: I added a small description regarding the patch options, but I know some people will not know what they are for, and go without choosing anything and brick the system... later flood around... I dont say everyone is flooding, some are helpful in finding errors as well, but many people usually flood topics because they dont know what they are really doing...

It didnt worked n m sad.

Mysticus C* :

I've tried patch 1.1 and 1.2

Sequence used.

1. Prepatch

2. Update

3. Postpatch

I didnt get the point that what customization at last steps. ( Does this means that i've 2 Reinstall my sound, graphics , n RTL8139 LAN ) before i reboot. haven't tried the customization step yet ... is this important ??? ..

i thought that let it restart safely then 'll apply the new drivers on restart.

Two differnet methods i used.

A . ToHLeo x86 RC2 10.5 ( Booting using only tboot with windows boot.ini : no EFI. ) -- i used x86Tools to find out my kernel version. It show as (unknown) 9.0 . i think its a hacked one. ( After a lot of googleing I came 2 this.Some geek told in some other forum . )

Im not that big OSX legend .. but i think that the problem is wid the kernel version, as because after update the OS X seraches for the Vanilla Kernel ... n i dont have that Vanilla kernel so it restarts. ( googled )

B. That's y i tried to change the kernel version to 9.0.2 SSE2 SSE3 for intel CPU's : : : : using x86tools.. It was changed n prompted 2 restart. Upon the restart the result was same that is always after update .. but this time it was only kernel change. n same rebooting cycle.

Im also updating the kernel that i used.

Now im downloading Jas OS X 86 10.5.4 .. "ll be done my morning .. hope that wud work fine .. 'll try to Apply Update to that .. n 'll inform real soon ...

------------------------------

karamark : it didnt worked buddy, thanks for suggestion.

Im downloading JaS OSX86 10.5.4 .. hope then it 'll b ok .

................................................................................

Hi  Mysticus C*,

Just to leave a note - Now everything here is working like a charm.

I've Installed a new and fresh IDeneb 10.5.4 - choosing Kernel 9.4.0 Modbin for setup.

After that grab the combo update 601 MB and your patch.

Used the prepare patch as you asked - installed the combo update - and after the post patch.

There i choose the StageXNU Kernel 9.4.0 (too bad with 9.5.0 vanilla didnt worked right ) - also selected the ICHx and Jmicron Patch, - seleceted the Audio HDA ALC885-889(2) - restore my network, and MacPro smbios, with nvinject 512MB for my VGA ...

Well everything worked like a charm ... i have a fully updated ( not to fully because no vanilla yet ) Hackintosh running com my PC

Thanks a lot :)

Sorry but i'm kind of lost here. I'm running Kalyway's 10.5.1 on my fujitsu laptop, can i do the combo patch directly or do i need something to bring it to 5.2 first b4 applying the patch?

Also can any kind soul in this community PM me a link to where i can find this combo patch?

Thanks a million!! :)

badkid:

pre patch (no restart)

official update (no restart)

post patch (in this part, you will see a button somewhere while clickng next buttons, CUSTOMIZE button, click on it, and you should see the options as shown in post1)

from your specs, use

kernel: 9.4.0

audio: just restore

network: just restore

video: nvinject 512 mb or nvkush + gfx fix for nvidia (although not needed use it)

system func: smbios: choose mac pro acpi-apic

it should be fine...

but u sound like u didnt use customize button at all?

badkid:

pre patch (no restart)

official update (no restart)

post patch (in this part, you will see a button somewhere while clickng next buttons, CUSTOMIZE button, click on it, and you should see the options as shown in post1)

from your specs, use

video: nvinject 512 mb or nvkush + gfx fix for nvidia (although not needed use it)

system func: smbios: choose mac pro acpi-apic

it should be fine...

but u sound like u didnt use customize button at all?

I don't known too much about programming ... on mac ... not a bit.

But you can change the setup screen on post patch to force user to customize ... and error if he don't select anything ? i think i will help i a lot of people. More "force" screen to people choose something and not next next finish like many windows users do.

And, some descriptions on packs would also help like JaS did on his DVD, Audio XYZ for most XYZ mobos and codecs, select this XYZ kernel if you don't really known you can run any other ... i think it would be great to help newbies like i am sometime. A better userfriendly interface.

ygor: any better than what i tried to do is totally rubbish and noobish... have an instinct, i say customize, and i provide picture of the customize window, and even telling some people what t0 choose, if people cant even think about this much, these people are waste of time for community... it is just couple of simple steps to read to follow... how hard can it be?

install pre patch (no restart)

install official update (no restart)

install post patch (customize- see post 1 for options/information) and finally restart

if someone cant understand this much, he should not bother trying, because it is a total waste of time for everyone...

Does anyone try on P35-DS4?

I have clean retail 10.5.4 install and now what is the next step? What should I check for my mobo and 8600GT 256 RAM?

I have no patches, chameleon, efi or anything installed.

tnx 4 ure time

Does anyone try on P35-DS4?

I have clean retail 10.5.4 install and now what is the next step? What should I check for my mobo and 8600GT 256 RAM?

I have no patches, chameleon, efi or anything installed.

tnx 4 u time

if you have your hdd/dvd roms in sata port and SATA ports set to AHCI

chipset: ichx

audio: if everything was working before, Restore option

network: same as audio, choos restore, if evertg was working

video: choose either nvkush or nvinject with correct memory

system func: smbios: mac pro

thats it...

if you have your hdd/dvd roms in sata port and SATA ports set to AHCI

chipset: ichx

audio: if everything was working before, Restore option

network: same as audio, choos restore, if evertg was working

video: choose either nvkush or nvinject with correct memory

system func: smbios: mac pro

thats it...

Tnx for replay, but as I wrote it is a clean install only the LAN is working out of the box.

And why not 9.5.0 kernel?

Somwwhat sucessfull after using the CUSTOMIZE scheme\

endless booting problem resolved.

1. Prepatch - no restart

2. Update - no restart

3. Post Patch Customization used then restarted

Customization schemes used.

video: nvinject 512 mb + Tried with n withour Graphics kexts,

system func: smbios: mac pro acpi

also tried with n without VIA ATA .. option in there

... a new problem arised.

. but when the Apple Cricle stops moving n the OS loads ... it freezes at the blue screen ..... ( initial loading screen dosent show anything further. ) .. i can play with my mouse ... i did that for 17 Mins.

but nothing moves further ....... tried to boot in safe mode . nothing happens then also ... :o

Y this happens 2 me :) ...

im again on the road with the torch in my hand and searching Mysticus C* who 'll then search the slolution ...:)

now 5 hrs f sleep . then 'll b up again ..... to try updates.

i did the 10.5.5 update like it was described with 9.5.0 vanilla kernel.

now QE/CI is not working anymore and also reboot and shutdown won`t work.

audio works with string methode and HDAenabler.kext. before the update i had QE/CI working with chameleon efi and strings methode.

i`ve tried the 9f23installer.pkg to get it working again, but without sucess. also reboot and shutdown was working with the fixed AppleACPIPlatform.kext. if i revert to the old AppleACPIPlatform.kext, the system want boot. i`ve deleted all *Powermanagment* kexts. hardware infos are in the signature. would be nice, if anyone could point me to the solutions! :)

hello :)

my feed with your combo update:

"brand new" kalyway 10.5.2 no raid

a-b-c ---->well done customize button is here :)

when i restard i have in "yellow" :"-----genusbheci...no load" and "waiting for root device" he lost the original kext :)

i can write it under my microsoft parttition ; but what is this .kext for intel sata ich9?

i did the 10.5.5 update like it was described with 9.5.0 vanilla kernel.

now QE/CI is not working anymore and also reboot and shutdown won`t work.

audio works with string methode and HDAenabler.kext. before the update i had QE/CI working with chameleon efi and strings methode.

i`ve tried the 9f23installer.pkg to get it working again, but without sucess. also reboot and shutdown was working with the fixed AppleACPIPlatform.kext. if i revert to the old AppleACPIPlatform.kext, the system want boot. i`ve deleted all *Powermanagment* kexts. hardware infos are in the signature. would be nice, if anyone could point me to the solutions! :)

how did you do the update?

which steps did you follow? pre patch? official update? post patch with custom settings? and what custom settings have u choosen?

coke: same questions above? answer pls.... i m not a medium to guess what you have done and how you have done, you have a very compatible system, and the only thing i can think of went wrong as many others, is NOT CUSTOMIZING!!!!

which part of the guide is not clear?

install pre patch -- no restart, install official update -- no restart, install post patch, using customize button to select correct hardware, and finally restart, wait patiently, it will restart one more time, and there you go, it should go to main window!

CHOOSE CUSTOMIZE and CHOOSE CORRECT SETTINGS FOR YOUR HARDWARE!