Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

have u followed the steps?

1-2-3 (3 customizing)

Yea, i actually just reinstalled. This time updated to 10.5.4 from the kalyway 10.5.2 disk+combo+delta. Ran the pre, ran the 10.5.5 delta, then ran the post selecting nothing but the kernel i need in the install options. Took it a while to finish the dsmos portion at the end but it completed this time. Just out of curiosity i checked my extensions folder and manually deleted the intelcpupowermanagement kext. And i was gonna check and see if that dont steal mac os x line was still in that place and replace it with dsmos.kext but i forgot where to find it so i just rebooted. Upon reboot my system started up fine and gfx drivers are still working but my finder is being freaky. Under the force quit apps window it keeps opening and closing and i have no icons on my dekstop. It also starts the finder really slow.

picture1vj2.png

if you check the top portion thats what it looks like until i open an app

this was my 9th tryno sucess .......... m sad :).

Opearing System : XP 32 Bit ( HDD 2) and Leopard ToH Kernel 10.5 (HDD 1)

MotherBoard : IntelD101GGC

Processor : Intel P4 HT 3 GHz 533 FSB 1MB L2C

RAM : 2 x 1gb Hynix DDR1 Value 400 mhz

HDD Sata2 : 250 + 320 GB

VGA : Nvidia 8600GT DD2 512 MB

DVDRW Pata : 16 x LG

LAN : RTL8139

USB : 8 x USB 2.0 OnBoard

PSU : Mora 450 Watts

1 Priority :: Problem : wenever i restart after update . mahine goes to endless booting cycle...Tried ... all methods available .....

1.netkas. ( .. using while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done ) then going for dsmos.kext ;

2.Mysticus C* ( a> prepatch b> Combo Update c> Postpatch n restart )

3. Manually : same as netkas removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement ............... n changing to ... dsmos,kext .,. n all ........

Cant get wat the problem is , n y it goes to reboot loop . ( 19 Times i waited n it rebooted ..)

reboot time : Wen Loading darwin x86. ( GUI ) OR Verbose Mode ( some Black screened kexts loading n then in other second it reboots ) ...

2nd Priority :: +++Also when i power off, the HDD n All devices go 2 sleep .. but the GREEN Light is still on .. i've tried much

Can some one please help........................... all hopes on Mysticus C*

thanks in advance

Poi I know you don't wanna hear this but I'm glad you're having the same issue as me =P means I'm not alone out here -sniffle sniffle-

so far I've tried:

KalyX.5.2disk ---> combo update 5.5

KalyX.5.2disk ---> Kaly 5.3 update ---> combo update 5.5

KalyX.5.2disk ---> Kaly 5.3 update ---> OSX Update ---> small update 5.5

with using post and pre patches on all 5.5 updates

the first 2 resulted in the no double boot, no dock scenario, last resulted in a no boot AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext being a factor killer of booting.

the -v in the first two show nothing out of the ordinary, no failed call attempts or kernel panics

I tried all the above and I couldn't get it to work either because my screen would go grey and it would FORCE me to restart after the Apply Combo Update and before I can run the post patch...

What worked for me was the Aitkos v4i Installation, then doing The Mysticus 10.5.5 combo update and it worked perfectly the first try... if you do it this way and have an NVIDIA card, don't select any graphics drivers from the aitkos installation, instead install them from the combo update. the aitkos ones always cause lines to run across my screen but the postpatch ones work great.

@ Mysticus

My update process went real fine. Now I´m on 10.5.5 without any problems.

Just one little issue I had. I believe it can be something in the script or minor issue.

I checked the option of "Just Restore" for the sound and it didn´t work.

When you have time, check that. ;)

[]´s

--------------

post-223908-1221926694_thumb.png

Thank you very much Pyrates. I have now updated to 10.5.5 successfully. The only minor error that I have noticed now is the fact that About this Mac shows my CPU (an E6600 overclocked to 2.8ghz, which it displayed fine earlier) show shows as 200mhz. It seems to be running at normal speed just fine though so I don't really care.

i m quite busy at the moment but i will try to help you all during weekend, please be patient everyone? it is the first version, and there is too many variables in configs so i ll need feedbacks and fix/target those issues everyone reporting.... but i cant just help if u only provide help help!

i need solid information:

+ your hardware specs in your signature (like mine as an example)

+ yours steps in updating? followed correctly? what options have you choosen from last step?

+ and error messages (possibly screen cap and -v boot to see exact messages)

HAXI: where are you?, while i m busy, please respond to people around if you have time, because this weekend is busy for me..

I will do what I can......weekends are a busy time for me too........ ;)

@ Mysticus

My update process went real fine. Now I´m on 10.5.5 without any problems.

Just one little issue I had. I believe it can be something in the script or minor issue.

I checked the option of "Just Restore" for the sound and it didn´t work.

When you have time, check that. :(

[]´s

--------------

Have you tried reinstalling your backed up ALCinject.kext with AppleHDA.kext, or AppleHDA.kext with HDAEnabler.kext (depending on what you originally had?) using e.g. Kext Helper b7...... :)

Thank you so much Mysticus. Your update method to 10.5.5 worked perfectly.

System specs:

Mobo: Asus P5N-E SLI

CPU: Q6600

Video: ATI X1900XT

I am still having one problem like with previous versions. I experience some crashes when running software like Parallels or VMware. It also crashes in other software sometimes. I think it's video related because the screen becomes partially corrupted.

Does anyone know where to get the latest ATI drivers and how to install them? Thanks.

Tried the pre, the post and the official Apple Update... AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS MYSTERIUS!!! SO FAR EVERYTHING IS WORKING 100%

Micro Intel Pentium D 945 3.4 Ghz

Mother Asus P5LD2 Deluxe

2Gbs RAM DDR2 766 Mhz

Asus Geforce 7300 GT Silent

REGARDS AND THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

I've reached 10.5.5!

Poi I know you don't wanna hear this but I'm glad you're having the same issue as me =P means I'm not alone out here -sniffle sniffle-

so far I've tried:

KalyX.5.2disk ---> combo update 5.5

KalyX.5.2disk ---> Kaly 5.3 update ---> combo update 5.5

KalyX.5.2disk ---> Kaly 5.3 update ---> OSX Update ---> small update 5.5

with using post and pre patches on all 5.5 updates

the first 2 resulted in the no double boot, no dock scenario, last resulted in a no boot AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext being a factor killer of booting.

the -v in the first two show nothing out of the ordinary, no failed call attempts or kernel panics

yeah same thing... if it boots there is no dock... if it doesnt there are some normal text that says "could not set Mack Lookup policy for service com.apple.XXXX.... (its like 4 lines on my screen all saying that with different services)

i tried on jas 10.5.4 and it was a success (i cant remember if i got an xtra reboot after the patch tho)... and havent used it much as i have things to do atm so i cant say if it really works... but it did boot up and looks ok

and again thanks for the patch mysticus <3

OK i made some changes, and will release it in a bit for testing :2cents:

v 1.1.2 coming shortly so please wait and dont download 1.1 yet....

also make sure you start from a clean clone partition to test it, that case you would not break anything if anytg goes wrong!

read post#1 for cloning partition...

Have you tried reinstalling your backed up ALCinject.kext with AppleHDA.kext, or AppleHDA.kext with HDAEnabler.kext (depending on what you originally had?) using e.g. Kext Helper b7...... :)

Hi mate.

Yeah I did. Sound is now working like a charm.

Just reported that little issue to inform Mysticus that the "Just Restore" option for the sound is not working. :(

[]´s

i have a question for the 10.5.5 guide update...

first - can i do it from the 10.5.2 kalyway ?

second - can someone post the damn links for the pre and post update patch?

the link on the guide go to someone profile

Posting links is not allowed anymore, so you can ask someone to PM you the link.

As I read here in the forum and you should do that sometimes :( - as a combo update, you can go from 10.5.2 directly to 10.5.5.

Somebody correct me if I´m wrong. :)

Hope to help you mate.

[]´s

ok guys. I figured the major issue in the update was couple of typos and one misuse of dsmos script replacement :( all fixed now...

+ restore audio

+ restore network

+ dsmos script (which is responsible in the second restart)

+ added nvidia gfx (which was being deleted bcoz of my stupid typo mistake... so i included full drivers in case u removed them all)

+ made acpi default as all install releases are using old acpi apic, i decided to place old one in place in case of any compatibility issues...

everything should work correctly after the update

OK new version is ready to test :)

this should be fixing majority of problems (except those related to PS/2 keyb mouse touchpad issues which i will release separate patch for it i think on monday)

@haxi: can you test the new version on a cloned partition to see everything working this time?

GOOD LUCK

Hi all.

I know that here is not the right place to ask about that, but how can i change my resolution screen???

Now I can just use the 1440 x 900 resolution. I´d like to use a bigger one but have no options on my System Preference. :)

My gfx card is GeForce 8600 GT 512.

THNX in advance for any hint. ;)

[]´s

ok guys. I figured the major issue in the update was couple of typos and one misuse of dsmos script replacement :) all fixed now...

+ restore audio

+ restore network

+ dsmos script (which is responsible in the second restart)

+ added nvidia gfx (which was being deleted bcoz of my stupid typo mistake... so i included full drivers in case u removed them all)

+ made acpi default as all install releases are using old acpi apic, i decided to place old one in place in case of any compatibility issues...

everything should work correctly after the update

OK new version is ready to test :)

this should be fixing majority of problems (except those related to PS/2 keyb mouse touchpad issues which i will release separate patch for it i think on monday)

@haxi: can you test the new version on a cloned partition to see everything working this time?

GOOD LUCK

So the scripts got updated ?? - any control number in files ( would be great )

I've download the old one, just to report it messed up my Leo ( JaS with the StageXNU Kernel ) and iDeneb with Vanilla Kernel.

Well, it setups very fast and great, but it doesn't come up again stucked on grey screen :)

Many trys and combinations but no chance to get it back ... ( not really a problem ) since it was just 4fun.

I will try new version this night ( in brazil ) to see i get.

Just one question ...

What should i mark to get everything working fine on my config.

I'll try again my iDeneb 10.5.4

My config is:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 Rev 2.0

Core2Duo E6700 @ 3.4 GHz

2x2GB DDR2 800 MHz

8800GT 512MB (PCIex)

JMICRON IDE -> LG GSA-H12N

SATA I HD 80Gb on ICH9

Audio AZALIA ALC889a 5.1 CH

Well i'm really sure everything on this IDeneb version is working fine, networking, hardisk, dvd, ethernet, gfx, sound !!! and the SMBIOS shows me right information and my computer as Myname MacPro 3,1

Thanks a lot for help

Hi all.

I know that here is not the right place to ask about that, but how can i change my resolution screen???

Now I can just use the 1440 x 900 resolution. I´d like to use a bigger one but have no options on my System Preference. ;)

My gfx card is GeForce 8600 GT 512.

THNX in advance for any hint. ;)

[]´s

Well, does your monitor supports bigger resolution ? - When drivers are OK and right installed your limitation is the Monitor attached to the card.

I got no problem with my KDS 24" to get 1920x1200 with 8800GT (G92) 512MB !

Well, does your monitor supports bigger resolution ? - When drivers are OK and right installed your limitation is the Monitor attached to the card.

I got no problem with my KDS 24" to get 1920x1200 with 8800GT (G92) 512MB !

Hi ygor.

I have one AOC 19" widescreen.

I believe it could have higher resolution.

[]´s