Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

i forgot to customize the post install patch and now after restart it hangs with the message that i have to restart my computer bye holding down the power button. When i boot with -V i got a yellow line that the system failed to upload one of the kexts but i do not get it cause the screen moves fast. and it stopped with the last line of the kernel info with my laptop model. can you help me to recover form this , or i shall install a new system ?

thanks and sorry for disturbing.

Note: i managed to boot with -x option after removing the VGA kexts. but i am still not able to boot into the normal mode.

I am running on Dell D630

iATKOS v4i

2 GB RAM

GMAX3100 VGA

post-42084-1221865275_thumb.jpg

post-42084-1221865355_thumb.jpg

I had Kalyway 10.5.2 Installed.

Ran Prepare for Combo

Then ran the combo update. At the end of the update, I did NOT click restart, instead my screen turns a bit grey and the lil black box comes out forcing me to hard-reset (restart) my computer.

Basically, I couldn't get it to work on Kalyway 10.5.2 because the apple update caused a restart before i can run the post-patch.

FIX: Instead, I installed Aitkos v4i which is 10.5.4, then everything worked perfectly! I ran the prepare for combo, then the apple 10.5.5 update, then the post patch and restarted computer. Everything booted and works perfectly on first try.

I'm now on Aitkos v4i w/ Mysticus C*'s 10.5.5 Combo Update

I ran the update as per the instructions. But now when i boot i get the following last couple of lines of errors.

localhost DumpPanic[47]: Error getting a reference to IODeviceTree:/option

AttansicL1Ethernet: Ethernet address 00:etc......

localhost config[51]: IntefaceNamer: no network interfaces, could not update platform UUID

Login Window Appliction Started.

Then stops.......

Hope somebody can help.

Asus P5KPL-VM quad 6600 4 gig mem.

Thanks.

I got a good one here....

Installed Fresh Kalyway 10.5.2

Ran prepatch

Ran combo update 10.5.5

Ran Post patch selected several different options (reinstalled and tried multiple times)

Common selections:

Vanilla Kernel 10.5.5

Bios 1066 (do I even need to select a bios?)

Audio Restore (which didn't keep my audio, still not present on reboot)

Network Restore (I'll get to that later)

and the last time I tried I selected Bios 800 AND SMBBios Resolver

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now all of these options let me boot into OS X after... but I never get a double restart, just a single restart, AND when I boot in About this Mac shows 10.5.5 (wee!) BUT!!!!

NO MORE DOCK!.... I try to force restart the dock via Onyx, no go. Also when I go into networking preferences the preferences page locks up into the pin wheel of death.

Now when I told it the first time to install the combo update and ran the post I could get into the networking but it flipped the names of my two networking ports around and I had to manually assign an IP address to get online, the second time third time and fourth, it would never connect to the network and when, like I said, I tried to bring up the panel, it'd just lock up.

So what the *BLEEP* :]

Thanks for all the hard work, but I'm semi stumped

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh! Also, I tried during reboot (remember I'm never getting that token double reboot) update -v, yah it just totally ignored that command like I didn't type it in and wouldn't do any thing, so I'd hit enter again on a blank line the second time and it'd start normally!

System specs are:

Intel 2.5Ghz Quadcore (can't remember the number of it) with 6meg cache

Asus P5Q-E with modded BIOS via another member of this site

(built in sound card is ADH2000a I think)

(built in networking card is a Mavell)

4gigs G.Skill DDR2 1066 ram

master GUID boot record Samsung Spinpoint 200gig HDD

slaves 2x1TB Western Digital SATA2 HDDs NTFS and FAT32 (windows drives)

ATI 4870 (running off of the VESA Driver at 1400x1050)

{censored} USB Dell Keyboard, and Logitech Wireless Lazzzzzer mouse.

Also I can update to 10.5.3 via the kalyway disk, then to 10.5.4 via auto update without problems. But reformatted back down to 10.5.2 kaylway install disk just to try this combo out for testing purposes

~Jocko

Wen i Click the "Bike Town" button it redirects me to .. some message box page :)

how can i go for a drive only having 3 tyres :( ..

gimme one more ... no cares for the accident ahead .... i need 2 go for the update drive ;)

Thanks for the link... i just want to ask/confirm if this script can update leopard 10.5.0-10.5.4 to 10.5.5 or just plain 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 .... because i noticed that we need the combo update patch from apple.

I just finished downloading and ill try it later on a kalyway 10.5.2 release.

Thank You ^^ <3

can any one please tell me .. where to download the patch .. im really intrested to use the update on my 10.5 ToH kernel machine.

I've downloaded the Comboupdate please guide me to the Pre and Post Patch ..

bcoz i dont know whether im an idiot or more than an idiot ......

wen i click the Bike Town link it directs me to Messga eBox page.....

If someone cud gimme the Patches. 'ld be thankful

--------------

Thanks in advance.

I followed the instructions and installed update, hosed system again (8 times now this week).

I get the following at bootup and it just hangs....

bootuphang.jpg

I installed 9.2.0 sleep kernel as I'm pretty sure this is the only kernel my machine likes. I've never been able to boot my PC using a vanilla kernel for some reason?

Came from a Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD install for the above and can't boot into safe mode or get to desktop.... Any ideas?

Hello again!

I just finished installing fresh kalyway 10.5.2 (guid) and the the patch 10.5.5. I followed the install instructions to the letter.

Like what happened to Jakweeze happened on my installation too... no second reboot and no dock... mine doesnt hang on network preference tho.

i selected on post combo update the ff

-9.5.0 vanilla kernel

-ichx

-nvkush

-hda enable alc888 (didnt work) - not that impt tho as i can try to install another driver

-just restore network

-smbios - mac pro (doesnt show mac pro on system profiler)

Ill try again after posting this with a kalyway 10.5.2 + kalyway 10.5.3 and delta 10.5.4 then 10.5.5.

and thank you for your work... it really helps a lot of people <3

The above screen with the Apple + no smoking sign is due to the MBR problem ...

there is no MBR on the Leopard partion using which it can go forward .......

i dont hink that is a kernel peoblem.

Try buling the MBR manually or automatically using the scripts ... refer www.insanelymac.com .//

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUt where is the sloution to my problem .....

where to find the patches ..... " wen i click "BIKE TOWN " it opens message box ..

its my 3rd time im writing this ..

need the patches please help ./

-------------------------------------------

did that 3 times :( ...

i think he'll reply me 3 times :(

--------------------------------------------

i've tried the updates with netks method

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107340

n 've not been sucessfull ....

after the update the machine restarts .... continiously in a loop.

this was my 9th tryno sucess ...........

Mahine

Intel P4 3.06 Ghz 533 FSB 1MB L2C --

Intel D101GGC Mother Board.

1 x 2 GB Hynix Ram DDR1 400 Mhz

320 + 250 SATA2 Segate.

Nvidia 8600 GT 512 MB DDR2 .

OSX Using : Leopard 10.5 'ToH .. DVD' on 320 Gigs HDD .... 1 partion disk0s1 ...

Problem : wenever i restart after update . mahine goes to endless booting cycle..........

Tried ... all methods available .....

netkas.

Mysticus C*

the scripts n all ..

removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement ............... n dsmos,kext .,. n all ........

cant get wat the problem is ,

Can some one please hel p...........................

thanks in advance

read post#884 i answered your question?

Doh, sorry!

I did the fix you sugested, and sure enough it works. I was able to boot into the OS but the graphics drivers were unresponsive (quartz wasn't enabled and they were slow) so I reverted to the ones put in the pre 10.5.5 extensions backup folder. Now after showing the blue screen (after the apple logo with the spinner behind it) it goes to a black screen with a mouse cursor. I am able to boot into safe mode, so I am sure the problem lies somewhere in the graphics drivers.

Is there anyway I could get the GeForce.kext, NVDAVH50.kext, NVInject.kext, and NVDAResman.kext included with the 10.5.5 update so that I can manually edit the Info.plist files to get them to work (I replaced them with the old ones so I am dumb)

Alternatively if anyone has a sugestion for how to fix the black screen, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Doh, sorry!

I did the fix you sugested, and sure enough it works. I was able to boot into the OS but the graphics drivers were unresponsive (quartz wasn't enabled and they were slow) so I reverted to the ones put in the pre 10.5.5 extensions backup folder. Now after showing the blue screen (after the apple logo with the spinner behind it) it goes to a black screen with a mouse cursor. I am able to boot into safe mode, so I am sure the problem lies somewhere in the graphics drivers.

Is there anyway I could get the GeForce.kext, NVDAVH50.kext, NVInject.kext, and NVDAResman.kext included with the 10.5.5 update so that I can manually edit the Info.plist files to get them to work (I replaced them with the old ones so I am dumb)

Alternatively if anyone has a sugestion for how to fix the black screen, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Natit has a new version out for 10.5.5, try that.

i m quite busy at the moment but i will try to help you all during weekend, please be patient everyone? it is the first version, and there is too many variables in configs so i ll need feedbacks and fix/target those issues everyone reporting.... but i cant just help if u only provide help help!

i need solid information:

+ your hardware specs in your signature (like mine as an example)

+ yours steps in updating? followed correctly? what options have you choosen from last step?

+ and error messages (possibly screen cap and -v boot to see exact messages)

HAXI: where are you?, while i m busy, please respond to people around if you have time, because this weekend is busy for me..

Poi I know you don't wanna hear this but I'm glad you're having the same issue as me =P means I'm not alone out here -sniffle sniffle-

so far I've tried:

KalyX.5.2disk ---> combo update 5.5

KalyX.5.2disk ---> Kaly 5.3 update ---> combo update 5.5

KalyX.5.2disk ---> Kaly 5.3 update ---> OSX Update ---> small update 5.5

with using post and pre patches on all 5.5 updates

the first 2 resulted in the no double boot, no dock scenario, last resulted in a no boot AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext being a factor killer of booting.

the -v in the first two show nothing out of the ordinary, no failed call attempts or kernel panics