Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

2,152 posts in this topic

verdant: can you provide me your working applehda, and alcinject latest ones as well as hda installer, bcoz didnt think taruga's site would go bust :(

kavehmb: network driver being installed, but the rest of your request? i m not gonna do the research job for you, get the drivers and point me a link to download, else i cant really help...

All others requesting to see some drivers please provide me propar link to download, I dont have so much time on my disposal now to do research and/or learn how your device act or what drivers it works with... It is your own responsibility to know your device and the driver that works with it!

People requesting update links, please be patient, latest update will be combo, so no need to use 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 again, you can go straight to 10.5.5 after the coming packges done... :D

Anyone whoever I posted the link to the site, you can PM the site link to people who are requesting... dont post it on the topic, but use PM to send the link... No public content ok?

@Mysticus

Hi mate.

Finally I got that system log on random freeze this morning.

I was doing nothing really important. Just listening to music and downloading some .AVI files to run in the DVD player of my car and when I moved the mouse, freezes come. :D

Here is the log.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=23ffe75...2db6fb9a8902bda

[]´s

@Mysticus

Hi mate.

Finally I got that system log on random freeze this morning.

I was doing nothing really important. Just listening to music and downloading some .AVI files to run in the DVD player of my car and when I moved the mouse, freezes come. :)

Here is the log.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=23ffe75...2db6fb9a8902bda

[]´s

The same thing happens to me... the mouse will start feezing and i'll move the mouse and it'll move like 5 minutes later and freeze again... I've resolved this by trying different kernels... when I use the 9.2.0_sleep kernel that comes with kalyway 10.5.2 my computer works good when booted for about 20-30 mins then this happens... when I use the NForce_Kernel it works fine...

Basically, try different kernels until one works better

verdant: can you provide me your working applehda, and alcinject latest ones as well as hda installer, bcoz didnt think taruga's site would go bust :(

kavehmb: network driver being installed, but the rest of your request? i m not gonna do the research job for you, get the drivers and point me a link to download, else i cant really help...

All others requesting to see some drivers please provide me propar link to download, I dont have so much time on my disposal now to do research and/or learn how your device act or what drivers it works with... It is your own responsibility to know your device and the driver that works with it!

People requesting update links, please be patient, latest update will be combo, so no need to use 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 again, you can go straight to 10.5.5 after the coming packges done... :)

Anyone whoever I posted the link to the site, you can PM the site link to people who are requesting... dont post it on the topic, but use PM to send the link... No public content ok?

Hey I found a post here that has the NFORCE SATA Drivers.... Add them to the update please.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;hl=Nforce+590

Also I found 2 Posts for the ADI 1988B Audio Chip, both have the links on first page.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;hl=ADI+1988B

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=103602

If you can add those 2 that would be awesome... thanks again

Breaking Bad: Azureus on your system seems to be crashing at the end? Can you try an other torrent software to see? This may be software related as well. Because DvP had similar situation, when using toast, his system was crashing, changed the burning software no more crash... Maybe related to kernel issue as well... Who knows ;)

Update News: Last polishes being done, and one test will be done, if everything works fine, i will release it in about 30-60 mins :)

but please treat this a TEST :) so make sure everyone runs this on a cloned partition before making it main stream...

I am only human, and make mistakes as well... So need help through feedbacks...

Update News: Package has been finished, I am gonna test it now, and most likely post it in 10 mins ;)

Preview of latest and most likely will be released Update pack (this is post update part, as there is also prepare update part which doesnt need any screen cap)

scrlg9.png

instructions will follow...

Update News: Package has been finished, I am gonna test it now, and most likely post it in 10 mins :(

Preview of latest and most likely will be released Update pack (this is post update part, as there is also prepare update part which doesnt need any screen cap)

scrlg9.png

instructions will follow...

Hey I saw you added the Nforce and ADI1988B drivers, just wanted to say thank you! Will try this tonight when you post.... again, thanks for everything so far!

Update is finally OUT in Bike Town (take your bike and go) ... :P

Please treat it as a TEST Update :) even though it may work perfectly fine...

Also, please provide feedback regarding issues/problems etc... with proper details (possibly screen shots) and details of your hardware (best to have hardware profile in your signature like mine as an example...)

Good Luck...

Update is finally OUT in Bike Town (take your bike and go) ... :P

Please treat it as a TEST Update :) even though it may work perfectly fine...

Also, please provide feedback regarding issues/problems etc... with proper details (possibly screen shots) and details of your hardware (best to have hardware profile in your signature like mine as an example...)

Good Luck...

Riding my bike.......will tell you about trip tomorrow sometime...... :D

I PM ed all of you guys this morning, sorry for delay but gotta sleep too :pirate2:

ONCE YOU TOUR AROUND MY BIKE TOWN, PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE, ONLY THAN I CAN TRACK DOWN ERRORS AND MISSING PIECES, AND IMPROVE THE INSTALLER TO A BETTER LEVEL... :help:

CHEERS AND PEACE EVERYONE... ;)

HAPPY TOURING :)

I PM ed all of you guys this morning, sorry for delay but gotta sleep too :)

ONCE YOU TOUR AROUND MY BIKE TOWN, PLEASE PROVIDE FEEDBACK ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE, ONLY THAN I CAN TRACK DOWN ERRORS AND MISSING PIECES, AND IMPROVE THE INSTALLER TO A BETTER LEVEL... :)

CHEERS AND PEACE EVERYONE... :)

HAPPY TOURING :)

Trying out on iATKOS 10.5.2.......collecting logs.....will report back later..... :)

iatkos releases will cause lots of suid errors :( due to improper naming of default package names like BSD Essentials etc. Because they compact all the packages into one, when you use an update package, it checks original package names, so to fix this issue, you have to open all the scripts that are checking original receipts and replace them with the Newly Compacted Package name for updating, else, you will may/will have suid errors... Just warning...

Kalyway and Jas releases do not have that issue, but dont know about other releases...

cheers

Woo Hoo on 10.5.5! Thank You Mysticus C*

when I boot -v I get a yellow "failed to load extension .com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCpuManagement" tried to restore backup ktext in pre 10.5.5 backup folder with ktext Helper B7. But still shows failed to load.

but other than that evrything works so far. I am not using onboard LAN. Using USB to Ethernet.

These are the only options I choose, left the others blank:

Kernel

9.2.0 ToH sleep Kernel

Graphics

NVInject 640MB

Audio

just restore audio

Network

just restore network

Thanks for the link and did everything in the tutorial but it gave me an jmicron error and would not load.

I think i will try this out on leo4all or something.

My biggest problem is that updating knocks out my videocard

spec

ga ep35c ds3r

kalyway 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.4

can get to 10.5.5 but can not get video card to work even after backing up my kexts

Ran update package sequence on JaS 10.5.4 install but hangs at:

post-200327-1221837163_thumb.jpg

May need to reinstall JaS 10.5.4 and try again......but will repair permissions via Disk Utility and then reboot....