10.4.5 Prepatched DVD (Hot news for all)

hdavy2002

459 posts in this topic

because it's not the amd enabler kernel patch screwing it , it's the cpuid one , that patch isn't related to amd, maxxuss coded it to fix a panic problem with a cpu model i can't recall now

about your box running 50% slower isn't for sse3 {censored} for sure again it's not emulated, is it a dual core ? the cpuid patch is known to screw dual core recognition.

one thing more...on 10.4.3. system preferences showed me: FPU, VME, DE, PSE, TSC, MSR, PAE, MCE, CX8, APIC, SEP, MTRR, PGE, MCA, CMOV, PAT, PSE36, CLFSH, DS, SCPI, MMX, FXSR, SSE, SEE2, SS, HTT, TM, SSE3, MON, DSCPL, EST, TM2, CX16, and TPR.

and now 10.4.5. show me:FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM EST

as you said is the cpuid, do you know how to fixit?...

cheers

one thing more...on 10.4.3. system preferences showed me: FPU, VME, DE, PSE, TSC, MSR, PAE, MCE, CX8, APIC, SEP, MTRR, PGE, MCA, CMOV, PAT, PSE36, CLFSH, DS, SCPI, MMX, FXSR, SSE, SEE2, SS, HTT, TM, SSE3, MON, DSCPL, EST, TM2, CX16, and TPR.

and now 10.4.5. show me:FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM EST

as you said is the cpuid, do you know how to fixit?...

cheers

apply to the original kernel the base patch and the amd enabler only, there's a folder with the original kernel and all the patch you can apply in ppf format. Make sure to backup the kernel so you can restore the old one booting from the dvd if something goes wrong.

apply to the original kernel the base patch and the amd enabler only, there's a folder with the original kernel and all the patch you can apply in ppf format. Make sure to backup the kernel so you can restore the old one booting from the dvd if something goes wrong.

i did it yesterday....with the base patch only, the pc reboot, in darwin i selected install mac os and then the machine reboot again and the process begins...again and again....another way i tried, with the original kernel all is fine until i reboot, the blue screen with the cursor in the top left corner is showed and the pc freeze....the only way (that worked for me) is with the original upgrade, installing from de unmodified DVD (10.4.4/.5 Myz patch) unchecking AMD enabler on setup....

cheers

how do you made the bootable DVD? , i wish to try make a customizable one...can you help me please...thanks

I basicaly have the same problem, every time I try a kernel I got a black screen and reboot. I got a P4 D920 and used Myzar DVD. I'm just trying to get ride of the cpuid patch, i've tried base patch and base + AMD with the same result. Anyone can help?

I basicaly have the same problem, every time I try a kernel I got a black screen and reboot. I got a P4 D920 and used Myzar DVD. I'm just trying to get ride of the cpuid patch, i've tried base patch and base + AMD with the same result. Anyone can help?

well prolly you need the cpuid patch, if i recall correct is for prescott cores , is yours a prescott ?

Got a crazy thing tonight : My CPU is a Pentium D 920 wich got all the feature (MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, EM64T, NX bit, you name it!!) and i got the kernel to work with the base patch +... No NX!!!

This is crazy, it's even on Intel website, 920D is announced NX capable.

Do I loose anything by applaying the no nx patch? If I don't I'll live with it but it's weird o_O

Got a crazy thing tonight : My CPU is a Pentium D 920 wich got all the feature (MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, EM64T, NX bit, you name it!!) and i got the kernel to work with the base patch +... No NX!!!

This is crazy, it's even on Intel website, 920D is announced NX capable.

Do I loose anything by applaying the no nx patch? If I don't I'll live with it but it's weird o_O

no you don't loose anything

Which version of IOATAFamily.kext is installed with Myzar´s patch?

My HDD access is too slow with 10.4.5. In 10.4.3 was VERY fast.

i downloaded and burned the dvd. but at the installation it stays at a grey screen with the apple logo, a moving loading circle and a thing that looks lika a do not enter sign. i don't know what i did wrong.

my specs: p4 2,8ghz, 1024mb ram, 40gb ide,

any suggestions?

thanks

Same problem here and here's the really odd thing...it worked with VMware. I have an l2000. I also have a nc6000 and it seems to work fine on that too.

So I installed via VMware and now I the machine boots via the Intel UNDI (I have an AMD, so this most have happened via the OSX install). It checks for a network boot and then CD boot, then I get the error "No Operating System Found". I tried to repair the MBR via the Windows XP setup disk, no dice. I then tried to repair my windows installation. Still nothing.

ummmm...help!

Same problem here and here's the really odd thing...it worked with VMware. I have an l2000. I also have a nc6000 and it seems to work fine on that too.

i wonder wtf is a l2000 you face the same problem that will face anyone buying some allegded apple pc, just post your hardware specs , the brand doesn't mean {censored}. it's all common x86 hardware just post your specs

So any of you others that were having problems with the USB not working in 10.4.4/.5, has anyone found a practical solution yet? I tried extracting the IOUSBFamily.kext from 10.4.3 JaS Install, but the 10.4.4/.5 system refused to boot after that...

Thx

Perigee

Oh, and I forgot to mention, USB works fine for me in 10.4.3

and my specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

Asus A8V-E (Integrated sound and Marvell Yukon Gigabit LAN & Wireless)

1gb RAM

120gb & 160 gb HD

ATI X300 (1280x1024 w/ CI & QE)

Dell 1704 Monitor

Dell Keyboard

Dell Mouse (USB - not working in 10.4.5)

Logitech Mouse (for using the PS/2 port in 10.4.5)

8x DVD+RW Drive

CD-ROM Drive

Note: No luck getting the Marvell Wireless working in 4.3 or 4.5, the Gigabit LAN port works fine in 10.4.4/.5, under 10.4.3 it didn't work until I extracted the AppleYukon.kext and installed it, now it works fine in 10.4.3

Other than the mentioned discrepancies, all other hardware works as expected.

Cheers!

Perigee

So I installed via VMware and now I the machine boots via the Intel UNDI (I have an AMD, so this most have happened via the OSX install). It checks for a network boot and then CD boot, then I get the error "No Operating System Found". I tried to repair the MBR via the Windows XP setup disk, no dice. I then tried to repair my windows installation. Still nothing.

ummmm...help!

Now I reinstalled windows and then the OSX via VMware. I installed the Actonis boot loader. Now I get the error "NTLDR is missing".

Specs are:

AMD Turion 64 ML-37 (2.0GHz/1MB L2 Cache)

14.0 WXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x768)

ATI RADEON® XPRESS 200M w/productivity ports

1GB DDR SDRAM (1x512MB)

60 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive

54g 802.11b/g WLAN w/ 125HSM/SpeedBooster

6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

I dont know what you selected in the VMware install but I think you overwrote your Partiton.... could you tell me what you did for the install?

did you follow the VMware install guide? http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...=VMware+install

Nah, the original partition is there. The problem appear to be that when I install off the disk it screwed my boot parameters for my windows partitions. I have 4 partitions right now:

1. Original XP (wont boot, wont repair [get the dreaded 34 minute freeze http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;828267])

2. XP 2. Created to boot the system again and run VMware.

3. Storage partition.

4. OSX

I'm thinking maybe it doesn't like the partitions.

your osx partition must be the first one......then from disk tool (from 10.4.3 if you use the 10.4.4 you screw your hard disk) you will create the HFS+ for OSX and for the second create an empty space....install OSX in the first one...repair pemitions...boot ....install XP on setup choose empty space and format as NTFS ...when XP install finish reboot... then reboot again but with 10,4,3 DVD...open disk tool and point the osx partition as bootable...restart and you will able to select the OS you want....

Now I reinstalled windows and then the OSX via VMware. I installed the Actonis boot loader. Now I get the error "NTLDR is missing".

Specs are:

AMD Turion 64 ML-37 (2.0GHz/1MB L2 Cache)

14.0 WXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x768)

ATI RADEON® XPRESS 200M w/productivity ports

1GB DDR SDRAM (1x512MB)

60 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive

54g 802.11b/g WLAN w/ 125HSM/SpeedBooster

6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

Nah, the original partition is there. The problem appear to be that when I install off the disk it screwed my boot parameters for my windows partitions. I have 4 partitions right now:

1. Original XP (wont boot, wont repair [get the dreaded 34 minute freeze http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;828267])

2. XP 2. Created to boot the system again and run VMware.

3. Storage partition.

4. OSX

I'm thinking maybe it doesn't like the partitions.

your osx partition must be the first one......then from disk tool (from 10.4.3 if you use the 10.4.4 you screw your hard disk) you will create the HFS+ for OSX and for the second create an empty space....install OSX in the first one...repair pemitions...boot ....install XP on setup choose empty space and format as NTFS ...when XP install finish reboot... then reboot again but with 10,4,3 DVD...open disk tool and point the osx partition as bootable...restart and you will able to select the OS you want....

I'm using this new DVD. So I'm boned then unless I can get the 4.3 DVD?

I was able to get my data off, so I'm not so worried about that. I do want to get this working though. I can wipe everything and start over.

So I need to set up three partitions:

1. OS X

2. Win XP

3. Storage

I install XP.

In VMware I use disk utility to format #1 and install OSx.

OK, this is where I'm stuck. What do I do to make sure both boot? I need to select it using disk utility but I can't do that until I have OSx86 10.4.3 with the disc utility, right?

If that is the case is there a good 10.4.3 prepatched image out there? I have an AMD64.

If that is the case is there a good 10.4.3 prepatched image out there? I have an AMD64.

OSx86 10.4.3 8F1111A Patched Jas v4.2b sounds right, yeah?

So is there a solution to the sound and network problems yet?

Yesterday I installed using the prepatched dvd and i had a internet using my dlink wireless pci card (though it came up as local ethernet). Today I rebooted into it and had no internet connection. Also there is no sound. Is there a fix to this yet?

-Mike-

PS: specs: dell dimension 8400, 3 ghz pentium 4, 1 gig ram, creative sound blaster audigy 2, cd-rw, dvd+rw, yadda yadda.

well, i installed it, and it seems to work veeery good...i'm online wireless and setted the resolution to 1280x1024...what i do really need is soemthing to fix open gl on my radeon 9200 ;(((