10.4.5 Prepatched DVD (Hot news for all)

hdavy2002

459 posts in this topic

Read maxxuss' page... he has a short and easy guide as to how to go about installing it ^_^ You just need to replace some files in verbose mode now... ;)

Here's what was successful for me.

Use the mach_kernel from the 10.4.4/5 install DVD to replace your corrupt mach_kernel.

The DVD install kernel has all patches applied already.

Then you can go about trying the security updates again.

kaos

I had the same problem when I used the GUI security installer floating around as opposed to the method described by maxxuss. Other's have had success with the GUI security installer, I didn't, several times.

P.S.

The 10.4.4/5 DVD I use is the myzar patched version.

Dear all,

This is my first post here, so forgive a noob if I'm lost.

I got the 10.4.5 Prepatched DVD and installed it smoothly on my 3.2 Ghz PC via VM Ware.

No problem at all, except perharps for the sound which is a bit blurry.

However, I'm now trying to install the same DVD on my Laptop (still from VM Ware for the moment) and I cannot achieve the installation. It stops at the very beginning, VM Ware telling me that I have a PAE problem 'cause it's required by the OS.

I did everything (I guess) from what I could find in the wiki

- paevm = "TRUE" in the .vmx file

- VM set on Linux-Freebsd in the options

- Start from a copy of the iso file thru Daemon tools

and the installation still crashes.

My Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite M30-X with a Pentium M 725 1600 Mhz

I would'nt have asked a question since the P M 725 has is broken PAE, but I found in the HCL that this processor should work with the DVD Iso Patch 1.1 from our dear friend M a x x u s s.

What should I do to patch the 10.4.5 DVD with the 1.1 patch to keep the last version of OSX ?

Looking for your advices.

Best regards,

Gigabyte_Land

Hey guys, I just finished installing this and it works great :) No more crashes like i had in 10.4.3 too. I have a quick question though...where is the dvd player? I insert a dvd and you could see the dvd icon, but I dunno how to view the actual movie....

Hi Everybody! :D

This is my first post so I'll try not to seem so newbie. I've been reading this post and I got a bit confused. Is this a normal Clean installation like any other OS? Do I have to download any patch? Are there any minimum requirements? Could somebody give some trackers URL's because it goes DAMN slow!!! I've been downloading for two days and I've only reached 400 mb :(

Thank you!!

I'm stuck!!

Am trying to boot through VMware, I configured the virtual machine correctly, but when it starts to boot it gives me a grub menu...

GNU GRUB  version 0.95  (638 lower / 260032K upper memory)

[ Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible completions of device/filename.]

grub>

I tried googling, for this, as well as searching the forums.

Hi Everybody! :idea:

This is my first post so I'll try not to seem so newbie. I've been reading this post and I got a bit confused. Is this a normal Clean installation like any other OS? Do I have to download any patch? Are there any minimum requirements? Could somebody give some trackers URL's because it goes DAMN slow!!! I've been downloading for two days and I've only reached 400 mb ;)

Thank you!!

Yeah, it's just like installing Windows XP (ya know, booting from the CD/DVD Drive, etc...).

Go to maxxuss' site and it says on the 10.4.4 guide what you need to get it to work properly ;)

I am confused. There was a patched dvd, then another patch for that dvd at the pirate bay (PPF patch for XXX

This ppf adds Experimental Nforce3/4 Sata Support

SecUpd2006-002Intel

10.4.4_SSE3_ONLY_KERNEL Unselected by default

This kernel is Intel/AMD sse3 only and doesn't have NX/CPUID/RTC/SSE2 patches

so only use it if your cpu doesn't need any addictional patch , if your system panics at boot, type mach_kernel.old

at Darwin boot prompt to boot with the old one

If the md5 doesn't match you will only screw your iso)

I applied that and it installed fine and rebooted fine and I finished the installation. Then I rebooted and it did the still waiting for root device. So I went back and found another update to fix this (I'm installing on nforce4 sata)

It said - Sorry i screwed up the permissions on the first ppf .

MY MD5 matches through all the steps

Apply this one after applying the first one to fix the problem. So I installed that patch reburned and reinstalled. It installed and I rebooted a few times to experiment. I got some good reboots and some not. Now though, I just get a kernel panic!! I'm posting a picture of the panic. Any help please?

post-14404-1142741480_thumb.jpg

it worked great for me installing from vmware.

all you need to do is use an existing partition or make one (don't format, set type to AF). If you want to convert an exisiting partition to osx launch disk utility and hit erase, this will mount and make it installable after erasing it.

Before powering the virtual machine in vmware, set the cd to the image, and add a hard disk, choose physical disk->partitions and select the partition you want to use. Then power on, install, reboot and enjoy!

NOTE: i used the myzar disk, but didn't apply the amd enabler since my processor is intel, and it has sse3 but no xd bit.

Hello to all,

It's my first post, so thanks to everyone for sharing awesome info! Sorry if the answers to my questiona are around somewhere. I've read alot about the custom installation screen where you can select\unselect the 10.4.5 upgrade and AMD enabler, I can't find this screen, the only thing I see on the custimized install screen is "essentials", language plugins, X11 and "we stole it sucker". I'm looking in the wrong place or is my DVDmyzar different from others? Even on the torrent site it says you can unselect the 10.4.5 upgrade. I've also read that the AMD Enabler has no bad effects on Intel cpu's and SSE3 cpu's use all of there potential even if the kernel is patch with a sse emulator. Is that correct?

Thanks alot!

Hello to all,

It's my first post, so thanks to everyone for sharing awesome info! Sorry if the answers to my questiona are around somewhere. I've read alot about the custom installation screen where you can select\unselect the 10.4.5 upgrade and AMD enabler, I can't find this screen, the only thing I see on the custimized install screen is "essentials", language plugins, X11 and "we stole it sucker". I'm looking in the wrong place or is my DVDmyzar different from others? Even on the torrent site it says you can unselect the 10.4.5 upgrade. I've also read that the AMD Enabler has no bad effects on Intel cpu's and SSE3 cpu's use all of there potential even if the kernel is patch with a sse emulator. Is that correct?

Thanks alot!

That is correct

i'm afraid no, if you see my other post you will see that SSE3 is emulated (100% sure)

No... If your CPU has SSE3 and is running the SSE3 emu, it still uses SSE3! Myzar even did a benchmark test, and there was no difference...

I get pretty much the same thing. I think the problem is that the DVD automatically installs the AMD patches (which touch much more than just the kernel). When you try to use a non-AMD patched kernel, it breaks compatibility with other parts of the system. I was looking at modifying the Owned.pkg to not install the AMD stuff for those of us with Intel processors. Fixing the DVD would then be a matter of making an image from the DVD, mounting it read-write, replacing the Owned.pkg in the image, then burning the image back to disc. I think this should work, but would of course require re-installing the system. I don't see an easy way of un-patching all of the files that the AMD patch touched.

edit: First I guess I'll try the un-AMD script above. maybe that will fix things for me. The worst that could happen is that I'd have to re-apply the AMD patches

edit 2: FreeSoftwareMan, you are brilliant! It worked perfectly.

Can somebody help me. When I'm trying this command: ./patcher cpuid_patches_1045_UNDO.txt | tee result.txt | less

I see this: Cannot read reference bytes from patch description file cpuid_patches_1045_UNDO.txt!

the same happen when I'm trying to do it with original file cpuid_patches.txt.

Where is the problem?

And how the file cpuid_patches_1045_UNDO.txt shold like?

It is the begining of my file:

2cd fb0f a2/System/Library/CoreS...

Is it correct?

I edited it with Mac OS standart text editor.

I had some problems with PS/2 mouse and audio drivers.

Used a USB mouse with PS/2 keyboard, and keyboard didn´t worked.

Plugged an USB keyboard, everything fine but no sound.

Did the kextcache stuff and now audio and PS/2 mice and keyboard are fine.

No... If your CPU has SSE3 and is running the SSE3 emu, it still uses SSE3! Myzar even did a benchmark test, and there was no difference...

no...i ran all the test to SSE3 (maxxuss instructions) and benchmarks and comparatives before and after upgrade (read my posts...with benchmarks and terminal tests)...with myz DVD the OS recognize my CPU as AMD X2 (it was made with the last maxxuss patch who works with at least "SSE2 processor", if you made the patch with the first release of maxxuss base patch (who work with at least SSE3, PAE) the SSE3 build in feature of the CPU (mine pentium 4 660) wil be available without emulation....right now i made a new installation by the original way (maxxuss steps from 10.4.3. active installation) and upgrade to 10.4.5 with only the SMBIOS and base patch (first release) files, ran the test and benchmarks again and the performance and speed come back to my sistem, benchmark 121 and full SSE3...and my processor was recognized at the right way (intel P4 3.6 GHz, HT, PAE, EMT64, SSE2, SSE3...etc)

cheers

no...i ran all the test to SSE3 (maxxuss instructions) and benchmarks and comparatives before and after upgrade (read my posts...with benchmarks and terminal tests)...with myz DVD the OS recognize my CPU as AMD X2 (it was made with the last maxxuss patch who works with at least "SSE2 processor", if you made the patch with the first release of maxxuss base patch (who work with at least SSE3, PAE) the SSE3 build in feature of the CPU (mine pentium 4 660) wil be available without emulation....right now i made a new installation by the original way (maxxuss steps from 10.4.3. active installation) and upgrade to 10.4.5 with only the SMBIOS and base patch (first release) files, ran the test and benchmarks again and the performance and speed come back to my sistem, benchmark 121 and full SSE3...and my processor was recognized at the right way (intel P4 3.6 GHz, HT, PAE, EMT64, SSE2, SSE3...etc)

cheers

Ok, well, explain these benchmarks:

these are the benches and the info from the sse3 emu

Diagnostic Tool for MAXXUSS SSE3 Emulator v5.0 (10.4.4/8g1165)

* Version:

MAXXUSS SSE3-Emulator v5.0-8G1165

* Features:

FISTTP, LDDQU, MOVDDUP;

HT/Multi-Core supported

* Diagnostic Infos:

In-use Codeslots = 0

Full Diagnostic Info = Not Available

Slots Cleared Counter = 0

Last Invalid Instr = 0 , 0

Last Invalid Instr EIP = 0

Invalid Instr Counter = 0

Query INTR Counter = 1

InvOp INTR Counter = 0

SSE2 Pendant Microbenchmark Mix in progress ... Please wait

real 0m0.055s

user 0m0.015s

sys 0m0.002s

myzars-computer:/ myzar$ time /maxxuss_sse b3

SSE3 Emulation Microbenchmark Mix in progress ... Please wait

real 0m0.054s

user 0m0.015s

sys 0m0.002s

You have to add in the USB kext from 10.4.3. Use something like transmac (If you're in Windows) to do this.

How to get them off the 10.4.3 Install DVD JaS Patched?

In 10.4.3 my 4 extras USB ports weren't working until I disabled legacy support on my BIOS, but now it still disabled and these 4 ports aren't working in 10.4.5 (JaS). So I would like to get them off the DVD and install on my 10.4.5 System!

I found it at Pirate Bay but it wont Download.I get a connection error??????????

To me the same happened when I tried to download it off a MAC.

Tried with utorrent, azureus, bitspirit, but when booted up my OSX x86 azureus downloaded it fine.