X700 and other PCIE ATI Radeon finally work

koverg

923 posts in this topic

ok ok ok, I ment wake me up when we get higher than 1024x768 on an X300 in a dell 9300 with a 1440x900 native screen

(back to sleeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppp ....................... :blink::D-_--_-

its odd that people with 1680x1050 screens get kicked back to 1440x900(at least to my understanding), but 1440x900 isn't supported by itself......and me, I just want 1280x800. Oh well, Beggers can't be choosers.

It works for AGP cards as well. I have an X700 Pro AGP and it's working like how it's supposed to. The only problem is the mouse tracking thing they talked about here, and iPhoto. Everytime I play a slideshow on iPhoto it messes up the mouse fully - to the point where I can't even see the mouse. I would have to restart or reboot.

I just purchased an ATI x1600 Pro thinking it would work without changing any files. Installed from the 10.4.4/10.4.5 patched DVD and no luck. I've read for hours but don't understand what I have to do to get QE support for this card. Please help point me in the right direction. TIA

I can confirm that Warcraft III (PowerPC) works flawlessly (well, haven't tried multiplayer yet).

Yeah, I also have the same problem (BTW I also have an X800XL, but PCI-e).

What's Beam Sync and how do you disable it?

Edit: N/M I found it on another post.

I also tried the Warcraft III demo and it works perfectly. Marble Blast - the PowerPC version that came with my Mac Mini - also works and doesn't leave a funny mouse cursor at the end. Viewing presentations in the PPC version of iWork '05 ends up f'ing up the mouse cursor.

Once again, just some observations. But kudos to Koverg for making this possible! :)

X800GTO/Saphire (Device id 5d4f) not working.

I have exactly the same card (same device ID) and it doesn't work for me either. So at least we can wallow in self pity together.

A question though. Has anyone tried the same trick using ATIRadeonX1000.kext?

Can someone please explain to me why ati doesn't just make x86 drivers for there cards, afterall, ppl do use os x x86 legaly, m-audio came out with x86 drivers and now my fw 410 works great.

They have no need to.

1. All the official x86 Macs out already come with perfectly working drivers.

2. None of the x86 Macs out (mini, iMac, Macbook Pro) can be upgraded with a new video card, thus theres no chance that you could replace the built-in video. This will change only when the Intel-based Powermac is introduced.

I have exactly the same card (same device ID) and it doesn't work for me either. So at least we can wallow in self pity together.

A question though. Has anyone tried the same trick using ATIRadeonX1000.kext?

Same here :D tried different things but no luck...but it's fast for general use running 1280x1024 although slow in video (not accelerated) for my liking.

Hopefully when thery release desktop model with desktop chip and wider choice of video cards, we might be lucky if they include support for x850XT (same chipset as x800gto)

I am reporting that the X700 Mobility in my HP Pavilion Notebook is WORKING.

ATI Mobility Radeon x700

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x5653

Core Image: Supported

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Openmark Benchmark Result (ATI Radeon X600 Pro OpenGL Engine): 11290 !!!

For now, I can boot into 1024x768x32 only, however... :whistle:

I wish I could boot into 1280x800x32, as my screen is widescreen.

And no, the "Graphics Mode"="1280x800x32" did not work :D

the kext is 10.4.4

did not u read my info?

"instead it just freezes on the sping wheel"

if u get this try reboot again. if freeze again then reboot again till it boot. after it boot everything will work.

(eg CI & QE)

sometime it takes 2 reboot and sometime it take 6. anyway try it.

I rebooted 15 times and it never worked. I am running 10.4.5 with this kext file and an x850 PCI-e. Has anyone at all had success with this configuration?

My Radeon x600 PCIe works like a charm, thanx koverg. By this time everything seems to work including wifi. My computer is an HP zd8000 laptop

The only thing missing now is the freaking resolution. I want to set 1440x900x32 but no luck, stuck at 1024x768. My drivers are vesa 2.

Honestly, will there ever b a solution 4 this issue....., is there a way to make it work.

A lot of discussions about this issue is floating around in this forum. Is anybody close to resolve this.

Well, I think that until apple will not release a G computer with intel chipset, and ATI vill not release a driver for that computer... we are doomed ... At this point I have my x800gto with koverg patch working .... but ... no rezolution change, no tv-out and the most annoing bug the broken curson when I get out of games ! I think that the only solution is that a programer to start creating using reverse technology a driver.... otherwise we are stuck with vesa, like nvidia users !!!!

Well, I think that until apple will not release a G computer with intel chipset, and ATI vill not release a driver for that computer... we are doomed ... At this point I have my x800gto with koverg patch working .... but ... no rezolution change, no tv-out and the most annoing bug the broken curson when I get out of games ! I think that the only solution is that a programer to start creating using reverse technology a driver.... otherwise we are stuck with vesa, like nvidia users !!!!

could you post your patch plz?

My x850XT has same chipset as you, i can get CI and QE working but sometime the osx doesnt boot and had to reboot few attemp to get osx loading.

thx

It works for AGP cards as well. I have an X700 Pro AGP and it's working like how it's supposed to. The only problem is the mouse tracking thing they talked about here, and iPhoto. Everytime I play a slideshow on iPhoto it messes up the mouse fully - to the point where I can't even see the mouse. I would have to restart or reboot.

Do you think it would also work with 1920x1200 resolution? I need confirmation that at least ONE AGP card does support widescreen resolutions as UWXGA. Shouldn't the X1600 Pro AGP support it?

Can someone help me configure this? I've been tearing my hair out all day. I have an X800XL with device IS 0x554d. I go into terminal, type in sudo nano -w /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/Info.plist, and type in my password.

Here's where I get confused:

Do I have to do a CTRL + W to do a where is, and find and replace? I've done that to no avail. I've tried the hex editor posted in this thread but it won't let me save changes, I assume because I'm not root. I've tried the binmay program that comes with the koverg patch but can't seem to use it. I'm going nuts here! Can someone help?

Here's where I get confused:

Do I have to do a CTRL + W to do a where is, and find and replace?

Scroll down, find

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x4E441002 0x41441002 0x4E481002 0x41481002 0x41501002 0x4E501002 0x41521002 0x4E541002 0x4A481002 0x4A491002 0x4A4A1002 0x4A4B1002 0x4A4C1002 0x4A4D1002 0x4A4E1002 0x5B601002 0x3E501002 0x4E561002 0x5B641002 0x3E541002</string>

Replace 5B60 with your device ID (554D), hit Ctrl + O, enter, then Ctrl + X.

@cyberad: The complete instructions are in the readme.