X700 and other PCIE ATI Radeon finally work

koverg

923 posts in this topic

Just to add one more to the list, did the patch manually myself and it works great. Sapphire x800 Pro (Device ID: 5549). Now if only my Yukon worked ;)

Hi

I have the same Device ID: 5549 , do QE, CI, OpenGL support work for you?

I can get the kext to load but can't QE, CI AND OpenGL to work.

Hi

I have the same Device ID: 5549 , do QE, CI, OpenGL support work for you?

I can get the kext to load but can't QE, CI AND OpenGL to work.

Yeah, it all works completely for me. I did the install manually, hexediting the file and editing the info.plist myself. If you are having issues look over what you did one more time. It should work.

Hi,

can any body tell me if the patch is supposed to work for an Mobility FireGL T2 chip?

The Boot screen shows it as an ATI RADEON 9600.

The Profiler gives the following inf

Display:

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x4e54

Revision ID: 0x0080

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

with the 1280x1024 resolution the mouse leaves some garbage if a window repaints.

If I use the 1400x1050 resolution of the internal TFT new windows are completely corrupted if they are moved. The same for lists if the slider is moved. If I press F9 the windows repaint and are perfect. Only new windows get corrupted.

Any help would be appriciated

So another issue... I installed myzar's OSX 10.5 release on my desktop powered by ATi Radeon 850XT and finally it works at 1280x1024 but I have no luck with QE. I followed the same procedure I used with my notebook (now it works with QE but res is locked at 1024x768 instead of native 1280x1024) but now it reports my graphic card doesn't support QE.

How do I do to fix it?

Cheers,

I have the same Device ID as the card Koverg tested with (Device ID = 0x5E4B), and I've done the patch, hex editted the driver myself but when I follow all the steps correctly and reboot Aqua fails to load. I am left with a console screen and a mouse cursor. I must have tried these steps a million times, all with the same end result. My card is an ATI Radeon X700 Pro (256MB) on a Gigabyte 8I945P-G. Everything else works great however.

Makes me wonder why I'm having problems with a card that was tested successful. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

I have a Sapphire X700 Pro...Device ID 5e4b...ran the patch, no error messages, rebooted, and nothing changed. Have tried this twice now..rebuilt the kextcache, reset permissions, etc. Where did I go wrong?

Proceed as follows:
  1. Copy Koverg's tgz archive to your desktop and double click on it
  2. Open the terminal
  3. Enter "cd Desktop/koverg*" (enter)
  4. Enter "sudo ./patch9700.sh 5D 4D" (enter)
  5. Enter your root password (enter)
  6. Enter "sudo nano -w /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/Info.plist" (enter)
  7. Press "Ctrl + w"
  8. Press "Ctrl + r"
  9. Enter "5B60" (enter)
  10. Enter "5D4D" (enter)
  11. Press "y"
  12. Press "Ctrl + o" (enter)
  13. Press "Ctrl + x"
  14. Enter "sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache" (enter)
  15. Enter "kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions" (enter)
  16. Open the Disk Utility (Applications / Utilities) and click on "Repair Disk Permissions"
  17. Reboot Mac OS X
  18. Hope for the best ...

Piece of cake ;-)

I tried running this patch with these dirrections on my system (specs below) using the ID # from the Apple System Profiler's Graphics/Display menu, I got Device ID "0x554d". Once I did everything and re-booted, it would go through it's normal verbose start-up and would then say that there was a problem with NVDAResman.kext. And it would try to launch the GUI, but all it would do is give me a cursor over the commandline stuff. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get my system up and running? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks!

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (venice)

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

1GB Mushkin RAM

80GB WD ATA HD

Liteon DVD+/-RW

One of those 3COM Cards that work.

ATI Radeon X800XT 256MB

Koverg you are a legend :P Took a bit of poking and prodding but I got mine working in the end...

IBM T43p - ATI Mobility Radeon x600 - DeviceID 0x3154

v2 Patch worked but only from clean install of 10.4.5 THEN adding my display resolution - I tried running the patch after modifying the boot.plist to add in my resolution and I would just get a screen full of garbage on bootup. I still get the odd artifact and window corruption when I try and drag windows but hey, you cant have everything :P

hhhmmmm - I have an ATI x300 (Device = 0x5b60) and when I did a native install of 10.4.5 - I got working QE and CI from the first login.

Will the koverg patch allow me to run at higher resolutions than 1280 x 1024?

Thanks koverg! I got it working.. connect3d radeon x700 128mb id 5E4D

i had problems with the computer locking up when i first tried the patch.. then rebooting with -x and figured out that you have to make sure to use capitol letters while using the patch and while changing the id# in atiradeon9700.kext..

Rebooted and everything works..

(if im wrong let me know.. )

hello!

first of all thank you koverg for your excellent work.

i tried to apply the patch, everything worked fine. on reboot i get the odd multilanguage error screen.

deleting the atiradeon9700.kext in single user mode helps me getting back to my os x 10.4.5.

my graphic card is X800GTO/Saphire (device id 5d4f).

any hints/help how to get this one working?

regards

fab

Hi all !

I have tested this driver on my Mobility Radeon X1400 and it doesnt't works :/

I'm under Mac OS X 10.4.5 ; after installing patch, the system stop on boot...

Anyone had the same problem ? So what should I do (how to use this driver if possible, how to repair boot, reinstall mac OS) ?

Thanx in advance :graduated: