X700 and other PCIE ATI Radeon finally work

koverg

923 posts in this topic

Spawnerbr, what version of Koverg's patch are you using, if it's 0.2, then you don't replace 5E4B, you replace 5B60 but also, you have an X1000 card so Koverg's patch is sorta useless to you because it patches 9700 kext, you want the X1000 kext. It was added in 10.4.4. Add your dev id to x1000 kext and should work if not you have to hex edit the kext,

hope this helps a bit :)

2 Steps in the guide does not work:

14. Enter "

" (enter)

15. Enter "

" (enter)

but I do not think that these are important steps, are they?

Yes they are! However, those two steps are misquoted and therefore incomplete. Please refer to the original version of my 'guide' (basically a more detailled version of Koverg's read me instructions customized for device ID 5D4D).

I have an ATIx1300 and my ID is 7149

Following patch instructions I get a kernel panic.

How can I modify ATIX1000.kext?

had anyone with this card luck?

With x1300 is there a way to have support for widescreen resolution? (1280x800)?

Pls answer to my questions.

P.S.

Sorry for may poor english

Attempting to make an ASUS AX600XT work. Have used Koverg 2 on it (10.4.5) with no avail. Will Hex Editing it directly in theory be a different approach? Anyone with any knowledge on this card or another idea would be most welcome.

Jccool : Merci, j'ai réussi a les supprimer en faisant comme tu m'a dis, mais ca ne marche toujours pas , j'ai le même message d'erreur quand je veux charger le kext avec kextload. Peut etre que mon kext est corrompue? Ou puis je trouver celui d'origine ? Celui qui a été sauvegardé a été modifité aussi :/

I thought I'd post my experiences in trying to get this patch to work, and what other avenues I'm exploring to get things going. First, my setup:

-OS X 10.4.5

-Dell XPS Gen 4

-ATI x850 XT Platium Edition PCIe, running off the VGA port (which is the Secondary Display on this card, with Device ID 5d4d and Vendor ID 1002)

-P4 3.4 Ghz HT

-kext modified using koverg patch v0.2

Now, the wierdness. When I first applied the patch, the system hung at 'loading login window'. I rebooted normally, after a hard reset, the Desktop loaded fine, and QE/CI were fully enabled (1600x1200x32). I could play DVDs, and all graphical effects were working. Then I rebooted at some point to no joy. :blink: I rebooted again and, after the second or third failed attempt, the Desktop loaded again w/QE/CI enabled.

Then I tried running the original Quake which, of course, failed. The game exited to the Desktop, and the mouse pointer was courrupted, which required a reboot. Thereafter, the Desktop would load only in Safe Boot. Even after two OS reinstalls I still can't get the kext to load. Obviously Quake isn't the underlying cause here, and that I'm just overlooking something I did with/to the original install.

Some things I'm looking into to determine if they may be involved:

-I installed a handful of programs, and am thinking one of them is maybe irretreivably corrupting key files' permissions, or overwriting key system files? (FWIW, the programs are MS Office 2004, Stuffit Standard 10, and the latest non-beta versions of Mac Par, Split & Concat, Transmission, Toast 7 Titanium, Cyberduck, Little Snitch, Adium, Camino, Google Earth, iGrabNews, and Hex Edit).

-I locked-down security just about as tightly as you can using just System Preferences. Every user account is PW protected, the firewall is on, there's a master PW, autologin is disabled, et al (to be clear, though, the patch has been applied with an Administrator account, and no errors have been encountered in the Terminal output). This may be the problem right here. If so, it'll be an interesting session of isolating variables to determine what's at fault...

-I'm driving a display on the card's Secondary port (VGA) as the Primary in OS X. It worked before, and so am not sure how this could be implicated; however, I haven't tried patching the kext with the Primary (DVI) Device ID, and will explore that possibility.

-I have a plasma connected to the DVI port and, at some point, physically disconnected the connector from the card. I didn't note whether the DVI was connected when QE and CI were working or not, and so will investigate that as a possibility.

-Maybe a manual modification using Hex Edit will be more successful?

-Finally, and this is a stretch: Maybe Apple is accessing the OS via a backdoor and updating system files, which breaks this patch? Yeah, um... I'll remove the tin foil hat now and take my meds. I'm OK. Really...

jccool, so, I`m using 10.4.5 and what I have to do? Just edit the ATIRadeonX1000.kext file? Can you help me?

I also have a X1300 card.. but i think it is useless to patch the X1000 kext, because the reason we have to patch 9700 is that the deviceid is hardcoded in it... I don't know if it is hardcoded in the X1000 file, since it has several deviceid's in the Info.plist file...

...but then again i don't know that for sure... just my guess.

Is AGP X700 not work?

My VGA is X700 Pro AGP version.

Also my VGA's device ID is exactly same as screenshot. (5E4B)

I followed all instruction but my coumputer can't be booted.

Is this patch work for only PCI-E version?

I'm so sad. ;)

Please tell me my questions, and if you have any solution for AGP X700 pro, don't hesitate.

Thx.

I also have a X1300 card.. but i think it is useless to patch the X1000 kext, because the reason we have to patch 9700 is that the deviceid is hardcoded in it... I don't know if it is hardcoded in the X1000 file, since it has several deviceid's in the Info.plist file...

...but then again i don't know that for sure... just my guess.

And this patch here are working with your X1300 card?

And this patch here are working with your X1300 card?

Nope... only VESA 3.0 :) I haven't got anything to work.. the best i have gotten is kernel panic, and thats when i edited the kext for X1000 with the deviceid so it loaded.. I also tried to patch it.. but then i thought about that it has many deviceid's id the kext originally. so i didn't know what deviceid to look for when i hexedit'ed it..

hello,nothing for X1600 mobility?

X1600 has 0x72c51002 as id,i've tried the koverg's patch and it's doesn't work.

I use 10.4.4 and the great problem is the changing resolution because with 10.4.4 QE and CI are supported.

Thx.

I thought I'd post my experiences in trying to get this patch to work, and what other avenues I'm exploring to get things going. First, my setup:.....

Interesting. I did the manual hex edit for my X850 XT but the system just froze at the loading screen every time with a memory error. This suggests it may still be possible so I'll have to go back and try some things, sadly my device id seems to be different from everyone elses though so that may be partly to blame.

I got my Visiontek X800 PCIe 256MB work ( QE and CI ) ID: 554F but i'm having problem with lagging, It's like when you open up lots of program and kept trying to open up a new one.

I wonder if it's the video driver ?? i tested using this program from this site : http://www.giofx.net/

and when i test the openGL the FPS result jumped around from 1-400+ but usually end up around 37.

and in that program, my card shows as x600 instead of x800.

any idea why my OS X lagging ?? could it be the display driver ? or something else ??

PS: I installed 10.4.5

thank You

help!!!

looked at every post on this thread...

i have an HP zd8000 w/ an ATI mobility radeon x600 pcie...applied the koverg patch (v0.2) and everything ran perfectly...when i restart, nothing has changed. literally, nothing...there's no kext loaded, QE and CI are still not supported, and everything looks exactly the same. any ideas?

Just a quick question to the experts. Is there any difference in editing the ATIRadeon9700.kext with a hex editor vs. Koverg's Patch?

Koverg's patch is just a script that edits the binary for u, no different than a hex editor, it justs does it automatically instead of u have to go through the code

Koverg's patch is for the xx00 series of PCIe cards, not the X1000 Series, so you guys should be fiddling the the RadeonX1000.kext and working on that. Koverg's patch won't work for u, and it probably hoses ur graphics when u apply it.

Patch worked quite well for me. My little contribution to the buglist:

If you're using keynote, and play a presentation in full screen, the mous is completly torn apart after returing back from full screen mode. Vaguely this only happens when you use the 'play' function. The preview mode seems fine so far.

Anyone who can double confirm this? Or is there any word yet on the possible development of a version 0.3 of this patch? Koverg is making a lot of people happy, thats for sure...

// Edit: I have a X700 Mobility card and have osx86 version 10.4.5 installed.

Hi Koverg an others,

i really tried to get my dell 9300 notebook running. it has a x300 mobility (5460 id) inside. i downloaded the koverg-patch9700-v0.2 and opened it. i opened the readme file but i didn't exactly understand the steps how to patch. could anyone PLEASE :dev: tell me how to patch the 9700.kext so that i get my ati x300 running. the readme says, i have to extract the archive. but where? then i tried the commands: sudo ./patch9700.sh HI LO (where HI is the high byte in hex of your device id and LO is the low byte, e.g.: ./patch9700.sh 5e 4b if your device id is 0x5e4b)

and replaced HI with 54 and LO with 60 because of my 5460 ID of the card. Was that correct?

Next i tried this: manually edit the /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Content/MacOS/Info.plist.

but there is only a info.plist in the ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents and not in the Macos folder. There is only the file:ATIRadeon9700

BTW: i'm running 10.4.5

so i changed the way it is said in the readme: manually edit the /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Content/MacOS/Info.plist. Replace 5B60 with your device id

and saved it. but i opened in the text editor. Was that wrong because after saving the ati9700kext lost its bundle symbol and it was shown as a textdocoment???

The next steps were very confusing because the commands Ctrl + O to save the changes AND Ctrl + X to Exit

weren't accepted: Command not found.

That's it. So it doesn't work for me but i am really new toi this stuff. Sorry bothering you with this but i'd so like to see it running. PLEEEEEEEASE help me!!!!!

:)

:)

FOLKA