X700 and other PCIE ATI Radeon finally work

koverg

923 posts in this topic

Well, I think that until apple will not release a G computer with intel chipset, and ATI vill not release a driver for that computer... we are doomed ... At this point I have my x800gto with koverg patch working .... but ... no rezolution change, no tv-out and the most annoing bug the broken curson when I get out of games ! I think that the only solution is that a programer to start creating using reverse technology a driver.... otherwise we are stuck with vesa, like nvidia users !!!!

I have x800GTO on Intel D915GAVL board, and last time i tried Koverg patch it did ok but on 1st reboot i've got gray screen tellng me to reboot the machine, so i was not able to boot to os x anymore. I did everything thet readme said but no luck.

I will try again tonight

Thanks for the reply, but that's the problem. If I scroll down I don't see 0x5b60. I have to do a ctrl W. Also, when I hit ctrl O, do I have to hit enter afterwards to save?

Thanks.

You have to scroll across as well. Or, you can do it your way, which is probably quicker. Anyway, yes, you press ENTER after Ctrl + O.

Mine is DELL SC430 with x850xt crossfire running on 4X PCIE slot with Device ID: 525D

It works perfectly! Mind you all when you have done the hex hack and the text edit of the plist file, just go to

to system/library and delete the two kext cache files. Reboot your machine it will reload the kext. Then you done! good luck.

Well, finally my x600 mobile works with QE and CI Support! Thanks friends!!!

Now I can't figure out about the resolution matter: I mean... someone says pushed up it to 1280x800 but ANY way I tried since now was unsuccessful.

According to someone widescreen res are not supported: is it true?

How should I do to have a higher resolution than 1024x768?

Thanks once again,

sev7en

the mobility x600 is a PCIe chip, but its id is 3150. Koverg patch 1.2 works on it for me to enable quartz and CI, I have the mouse artifiact problem too, but whatever, tehre are worse things. I was the first one with the mobility x600 working.

Thanks for the reply, but that's the problem. If I scroll down I don't see 0x5b60. I have to do a ctrl W. Also, when I hit ctrl O, do I have to hit enter afterwards to save?

Thanks.

If you are doing it terminal, the line that has all the "0xBLAHBLAHBLAH" in it, you have to just hold the right arrow key and it will shift the line over. The string is too long to display on the screen and nano will not auto correct it. Just go down to that line and hold the arrow key, you'll see what I mean.

Tested with a Sapphire Radeon x550 and work OK!!!

thanks!!

Pantalla:

Tipo: Controlador compatible con VGA

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (total): 256 MB

Fabricante: ATI (0x1002)

ID del dispositivo: 0x5b63

ID de la revisión: 0x0000

Pantallas:

Pantalla:

Resolución: 1024 x 768

Profundidad: Color de 32 bits

Core Image: Compatible

Pantalla principal: Sí

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

Quartz Extreme: Compatible

sorry!!! my maquiOS is spanish

1- Follow Koverg README

2- For edit /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/Info.plist use:

In a Terminal

sudo nano -w /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/Info.plist

then Ctrl + O to save the changes AND Ctrl + X to Exit

3- Remove kextcache

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

4- put your desire Res at "com.apple.Boot.plist" is not posible select at System Preferences

5- Repair disk permissions with Disk Utility

6- Finally reboot

I have some mouse arteffacs with my PS2 Mouse. Trying fix it now !!!

Now I´m Play "Hidden Dragon, cruching Tiger" DVD at full display very well

That is !!

sorry my english

Bye

PD: Thanks!! Koverg for your big effort

I bought exactly the same card. It works perfect. No fan so it is also very quiet.

Thx a lot Koverg!

Thanks.

yes. When you hit CTRL O, you have to press Enter afterward to confirm the filename/location. After that, press CTRL X to exit the editor.

Hi everybody

It is possible to have a kext for this f***ing card x850xt with this device id

0x5D4D i did everything all stuff except koverg patch i don't know to use hexa

please help me s i spent all the day to do this kext since 1 week ...

THX A LOTS

mossdooni@caramail.com

Hi everybody

It is possible to have a kext for this f***ing card x850xt with this device id

0x5D4D i did everything all stuff except koverg patch i don't know to use hexa

please help me s i spent all the day to do this kext since 1 week ...

THX A LOTS

mossdooni@caramail.com

You need to use the koverg patch or do it manually with a hex editor, thats the bottom line

Thx for your reply tendrils

sorry but i don't understand this patch how to use it and i don't understand hexa...

i know just to change the plist 9700 radeon kext for change my device id for that i'ts ok

Please help

sorry but i don't understand this patch how to use it and i don't understand hexa...

Proceed as follows:

1. Copy Koverg's tgz archive to your desktop and double click on it
  2. Open the terminal
  3. Enter "cd Desktop/koverg*" (enter)
  4. Enter "sudo ./patch9700.sh 5D 4D" (enter)
  5. Enter your root password (enter)
  6. Enter "sudo nano -w /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/Info.plist" (enter)
  7. Press "Ctrl + w"
  8. Press "Ctrl + r"
  9. Enter "5B60" (enter)
  10. Enter "5D4D" (enter)
  11. Press "y"
  12. Press "Ctrl + o" (enter)
  13. Press "Ctrl + x"
  14. Enter "sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache" (enter)
  15. Enter "kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions" (enter)
  16. Open the Disk Utility (Applications / Utilities) and click on "Repair Disk Permissions"
  17. Reboot Mac OS X
  18. Hope for the best ...

Piece of cake ;-)

Hi erebus thx for your help you are my heros

But when i put sudo .patch9700.sh 5D 4D i have this message error

: command not founde 3:

: command not founde 6:

4dtching to device id: 0x5d

: command not founde 8:

: File exists/moosen/Documents/originals

: No such file or directoryons/ATIRadeon9700.kext

/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeon9700...

/ATIRadeon9700.kext/Contents/MacOS/ATIRadeon9700/originals

but i kept on doing this despite mistake and i t doesn't works i had a black screen after boot

THX FOR HELPING

But when i put sudo .patch9700.sh 5D 4D i have this message error ...

Either the extracted "koverg-patch9700-v0.2" folder was not located on your desktop or you mistyped the "sudo ./patch9700.sh 5D 4D" command. Make sure the "/Desktop/koverg-patch9700-v0.2" path shows at the input prompt before entering the command.

but i kept on doing this despite mistake and it doesn't works i had a black screen after boot

Applying the patch is an essential step that must not be left out! Try rebooting in save mode (press F8 on startup, enter the flags "-v -x", hope this will work) and try again. This time you can probably leave out steps 6-13 (in case your "Info.plist" has already been edited).