i cant imagine apple without steve jobs, he cannot be replaced

bxsci(macuser)

bxsci(macuser)

Insane in the Bronx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
true, jobs cannot be replaced

-but then if you tink about it every new person is different and will lead in a different direction. after all isnt apple inc.'s moto "think different"

change isnt always bad --- unless your switching from mac to windows of course, that would be a long hard ride

scart

scart

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
So do you guys think that Steve should stay or leave?

GBK.Xscape

GBK.Xscape

Carpe Deim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

true, jobs cannot be replaced

-but then if you tink about it every new person is different and will lead in a different direction. after all isnt apple inc.'s moto "think different"

change isnt always bad --- unless your switching from mac to windows of course, that would be a long hard ride

haha in my school we have hundreds of those black and white pictures with people such as Ghandi on them with their colorful apple. i wanna take one of them before i graduate!:happymac:

Zealot

Zealot

Zealot FTWeed!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Gamez pc, manga,craks n over cloks
Steve should stay there until he dies.

alloutmacstoday

alloutmacstoday

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,817 posts
i seccond that. he rocks

in the words of Peter Seagal "Uber Geek"

nickg331

nickg331

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
jobs brought apple back from the brink not so long after they tossed him out. NeXT became os x
whatever issues you may have with him (and some of them are justified), jobs IS apple. eventually hell be replaced but right now is a critical time for apple if they ever want to gain some dominance in the market and if he left mac usage would plummet. steve kept apple ahead of the game and they owe most of their success to that

i second alloutmacstoday: he rocks

Edited by nickg331, 08 February 2007 - 01:42 AM.

mix86

mix86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I think steve should leave, simply because I'm a poet.

AppleLegal

AppleLegal

who wants a subpoena?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Which Steve? The Woz certainly isnt hurting Apple :)

As for Jobs? He might be a flamboyant {censored}, but he knows what he's doing. Let him stay.

Guest: Ramm_*

Guest: Ramm_*
  • Guests
Everyone is a flamboyant {censored} at Apple, legal. You should know :P

vik

vik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I don't think that Steve Jobs sould step down, in about a year or two he should step down for a new CEO but still be in the board.

That's what I think.
Everybody can be replaced, but Steve Jobs is Steve Jobs.

solu

solu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Steve is Apple.

The company once thought they could do without Steve, and failed miserably.

No Apple without Steve, ever.

Keog

Keog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Steve is Apple.

The company once thought they could do without Steve, and failed miserably.

No Apple without Steve, ever.

i was going to say the same

Vertigo50

Vertigo50

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
I can tell you, if Steve Jobs ever left Apple, and they started marketing the Mac based on actual fact instead of inflated numbers, and talked about the real reasons why a Mac is better, rather than "PC's suck, and this isn't a PC", then I might actually consider getting one.

Right now, I don't want to be associated with a company that lies about its product, and has such a low opinion of its own products that its only marketing tactic is to make fun of the competition.

track09

track09

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

I can tell you, if Steve Jobs ever left Apple, and they started marketing the Mac based on actual fact instead of inflated numbers, and talked about the real reasons why a Mac is better, rather than "PC's suck, and this isn't a PC", then I might actually consider getting one.

Right now, I don't want to be associated with a company that lies about its product, and has such a low opinion of its own products that its only marketing tactic is to make fun of the competition.

Amen. This let's compare Windows 95 problems to OS X, and we're so hip style doesn't cut it. The PC is for work (which makes the world go round), and OS X is for fun is also something else. This whole mac community thing needs to fly away. It's a damn computer, I also don't like the fellow users attitudes. The lack of customizability also hurts.

Vertigo50

Vertigo50

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Amen. This let's compare Windows 95 problems to OS X, and we're so hip style doesn't cut it. The PC is for work (which makes the world go round), and OS X is for fun is also something else. This whole mac community thing needs to fly away. It's a damn computer, I also don't like the fellow users attitudes. The lack of customizability also hurts.

Macs are for fun? You've been watching too many Apple commercials. How many games do you play on your Mac? Have you seen how many games are available for Windows? There are about 6 at any given time for Mac, and they're all 2 years old. I guess if you consider making a crappy home movie that no one will ever watch and then sharing it on the web where no one will ever download it fun, then yes, Macs are for fun.

Check this out for a laugh:

track09

track09

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Macs are for fun? You've been watching too many Apple commercials. How many games do you play on your Mac? Have you seen how many games are available for Windows? There are about 6 at any given time for Mac, and they're all 2 years old. I guess if you consider making a crappy home movie that no one will ever watch and then sharing it on the web where no one will ever download it fun, then yes, Macs are for fun.

Check this out for a laugh:

Yep, I agree. Not only that, but DX 10 kicks the {censored} out of Apple's Multithreaded OpenGL. The movies, yep a perfect waste of time also, so is that little iWeb blog that maybe only a few zealots will read on your .mac account (which is a holdup). Real Video, real web design? Well, both can be done about the same on a PC with Dreamweaver and Avid, both Windows versions. Macs are nice, but there's nothing really so beneficial about them as much as ties to Windows.

Also take note to the .ani glitch in Windows. Today I just downloaded Microsoft's fix, and intentionally looked for a bad .ani file, and I got off fine.

apowerr

apowerr

InsanelyMac Deity

• Retired
  • 1,875 posts

I feel the same way but not to the same extent. OS X really owns, but they shouldnt have to continually bash PCs to promote it.

zzrabbit

zzrabbit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
But replacing Steve at Apple would be like replacing Bill at Microsoft.
There is very few men that can even think in future terms like those two.
We think of today or maybe a few days down the road.
Those two think 5 years or even 10 years down the road.
Steve is heading in the right direction with Apple, that I can see ...

Hope he keeps it up.

Just my two cents ..... :)

ZZ

Kenta

Kenta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Honestly, I don't see what Bill has EVER done for Microsoft.

I haven't taken much time to read up on the history of Microsoft, but didn't he do the business things for awhile before becoming the laid back CEO he is now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy