High Sierra Suplemental Update

burkett375

34 posts in this topic

no for now it is not working for me..

it is very strange because kext inside S/L/E are identical to previous one and in L/E usual patch is not working

kext it is no loaded

As it says, the permission problem prevents NVDAStartupWeb.kext to load.

Try execute these in terminal to repair the permissions:

sudo chown root:wheel /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist
sudo chmod 644 /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist

And then rebuild kernelcache and restart:

sudo kextcache -invalidate /

P.S. I'm a little interested in what graphics card you are using. (I saw that in your signature, still wondering why) For my 1070, when WebDriver is not loaded, there will be kernel panic and I can't get into desktop even without acceleration.

Update installer get's stuck for me. I will redownload the whole HS again and reinstall anew. Pain in the ass, but I have my workflow set up. 

So I made a new USB installer with HS 405 and Clover 4233 and apfs from 365. 

I get AppleACPICPU stall

• Like 1

Update installer get's stuck for me. I will redownload the whole HS again and reinstall anew. Pain in the ass, but I have my workflow set up. 

So I made a new USB installer with HS 405 and Clover 4233 and apfs from 365. 

I get AppleACPICPU stall

I had the same issue.

The problem is that High Sierra Supplemental Update (October 5) after the first reboot, cannot load kexts from Clover/kexts/10.13

So I have resolved as follows:

- reset

- boot in OS partition (still preserved)

- copy all my kexts from CLOVER/kexts/10.13 to CLOVER/kexts/Others

- Re-launch the High Sierra Supplemental Update from the beginning!

Cheers.

• Like 1

The problem is that High Sierra Supplemental Update (October 5) after the first reboot, cannot load kexts from Clover/kexts/10.13

For those who gotta kextstall with "AppleACPICPU, MCHC, bla bla bla.." under 10.13 using Clover r4233, U may wanna try this? 

Clover v2.4k r4239

I did some tests by placing my kexts to 10.13 folder (also tested on Other, choose one) to boot High Sierra 10.13.1 Beta (17B25c) and it works well; but under 17A405 just try it. For blackscreen issue (Nvidia Web), not really sure; If ur previously worked 10.13 with the help of NVWebDriverLibValFix have U checked that it well loaded (from EFI folder)? and SIP: Enabled won't help either? Also, if only someone could figured out there's AGDP changes after 17A405 installed... Thanks.  :)

• Like 1

I will test this clover version thanx Badru!

I cannot install the clover beta version on my internal disk with high Sierra. I'm currently booting from an usb sad with Sierra (Not high) but cannot install clover on internal disk maybe because of the new file system?

I cannot install the clover beta version on my internal disk with high Sierra. I'm currently booting from an usb sad with Sierra (Not high) but cannot install clover on internal disk maybe because of the new file system?

OK, try replacing some files then...

EFI_r4239.zip

• Like 1

No joy here buddy i must work with some files and im stuck with damn update. I were silly enough just thinkin it was a minor update damn please help i d like to boot with intel 630 but dont work either

No joy here buddy i must work with some files and im stuck with damn update. I were silly enough just thinkin it was a minor update damn please help i d like to boot with intel 630 but dont work either

No idea for now; we may need Nvidia to upload the new Driver soon.. Thanks.  :angel:

• Like 1

I cannot understand why is it impossibile to boot clover when on intel 630 hdmi port with igd setting on bios. It is stucked with blink curson top left of screen and no clover menu why?? ??

As a temporary workaround for just reaching desktop

Boot with -s switch in single user mode

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd /library/extensions

rm -R NVDA* GeForce*

reboot

You should at least reach desktop and use without 3D acceleration, which im doing right now :-)

• Like 3

Yes this is another known problem that I reported in Clover General Discussion days ago.

If you have APFS boot disk, you can't install Clover in the same APFS partition. You need to install Clover in a separate EFI partition (FAT32). However this is not a problem if your disk has as GUID partition scheme, as you already have an EFI partition (size 209.7 MB) basically empty, use this.

• Like 1

@Sandokan i have guid partion but i have the issue too, anyway thanx to report to clover team.

@Gurqn thank you buddy! Im going to test it soon

UPDATE: even the single user boot mode didnt work fine it didint work for me the hack just reboot before login, so I boot again from usb copy of Sierra and once reache ddesktop I delete all geforce* and NVidia kext form system/library/extensions (i backed up before). and at least I can send some mails but hope nvidia fix this thing as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Thanks, that has me back at the desk top. unusable but back...

As a temporary workaround for just reaching desktop

Boot with -s switch in single user mode

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd /library/extensions

rm -R NVDA* GeForce*

reboot

You should at least reach desktop and use without 3D acceleration, which im doing right now :-)

new driver out, all good, used the above method to get back to the desktop to update the driver 

Everything ok now! Thanks Nvidia for the new Web Driver  :thumbsup_anim: 

0. Installed Clover r4233

1. Uninstalled the Nvidia Web Driver.
2. New Apfs.efi on Clover folder.
3. Deleted the Emuvariable.efi in Clover and concludes that my system works fine without this drive.
4. Ran the update through AppStore.

post-1313347-0-65907000-1507329491_thumb.png

• Like 3

Everything ok now! Thanks Nvidia for the new Web Driver  :thumbsup_anim: 

3. Deleted the Emuvariable.efi in Clover and concludes that my system works fine without this drive.

from where did you get the newest Apfs.ef?

EDIT : HERE

apfs.efi.zip

Fergarth, on 07 Oct 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:snapback.png

Everything ok now! Thanks Nvidia for the new Web Driver   :thumbsup_anim: 

I can not install it : do as described above but in the end I always with version 17A365

post-1373167-0-94336300-1507382937_thumb.jpg

post-1373167-0-44180900-1507382946_thumb.jpg

post-1373167-0-87045600-1507382955_thumb.jpg

post-1373167-0-59936500-1507382970_thumb.jpg

post-1373167-0-48846400-1507382977_thumb.jpg

post-1373167-0-89083800-1507382982_thumb.png