High Sierra Suplemental Update

burkett375

34 posts in this topic

Upon reboot in Clover select the new boot entry (can't remember the name), it's the updater utility. Once fully updated the boot entry will disappear.

Thanks for this tip.

I had the same problem. Booted first normal partition as it was auto-selected.

Than I booted the new Clover entry (macOS installer) but it gave me an error it didn't find installer files in \System\Library etc etc.

So I booted back in normal HS, removed the folder in root called "macOS Install Data" and downloaded the update in AppStore again.

Restarted and directly booted the newly created entry in Clover.

Now it was installing the update, automatically rebooted and it also removed the entry again.

All fine now on update 405.  :)

Greetings all,

I updated through the app store and got stuck.  My problem was solved by booting with my High Sierra USB installer.

Its important to note that my USB installer had all important kexts in "Other" folder.

I made the mistake of creating and naming the folder 10.13 and putting everything in there. (on my boot drive).

I'm not sure if Clover has since fixed the problem by adding 10.13 to the kext folders.

I just wanted to point out that my problem was solved by putting all important boot kexts into the "Other" folder.

Hopefully this helps a few people.

Cheers.

Prof. Synthology

I have macOS High Sierra (10.13) installed on a Dell XPS 8910. The specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K, Intel HD 530 Graphics

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB

RAM: 16GB

SMBIOS model: 17,1

Clover Version: r4243

Everything works properly with 10.13 (17A365).

I updated to the newly released 10.13 Supplemental Update and macOS would no longer boot. The output from verbose boot is attached.

I have restored 10.13 (17A365) from a Time Machine backup.

​I posted this problem at the Clover website also (ticket #407) and the only response I got was that the problem is not related to Clover. It's great to know what the problem isn't, but I am more interested in hearing any ideas about what the problem is.

post-925015-0-53092400-1507567379_thumb.jpg

​I posted this problem at the Clover website also (ticket #407) and the only response I got was that the problem is not related to Clover. It's great to know what the problem isn't, but I am more interested in hearing any ideas about what the problem is.

This looks like a issue when you try to use pcie gfx card as boot instead of iGPU as primary in bios or CSM enabled

Everything works properly with 10.13 (17A365).

I updated to the newly released 10.13 Supplemental Update and macOS would no longer boot. The output from verbose boot is attached.

I have restored 10.13 (17A365) from a Time Machine backup.

first : uninstall Nvidia driver

second : run the update

reboot and select new entry in clover

• 2 weeks later...