NEW VERSION! "nebukadnezar" reloaded AMD + INTEL supported

semthex

165 posts in this topic

Hi people, thanks for all the applaud, I am now on the IRC channel. If you encountered any minor problems jsut report them to me via pm and we will see how we can fix it.

Thanks again to all donators!

to be honest, i didnt want to try coz I was happy with mikfi's nonx kernel, which was to me, more responsive and stabler compared to your first kernel..

finally i decided to take this new kernel for a test drive and god was i glad. It's so smooth, its freakin unbelievable. im stickin to this from now on. im using the ci-rc12 version.

just a little quirk, which was present in your earlier and mikfi's nonx kernel. I can only shutdown, reboot doest work. specs are in my sig xcept that im using 6800 now. do you by any chance know why reboot doesnt work for me?

anyway, good job semthex! keep it up :construction:

Call me nuts, but this runs A LOT faster than the Vitality kernel as far as boot time and general application loading times. I can load a 10-minute complex song in GarageBand in about 7 seconds flat. Even though I meet all requirements to run the no-NX build of Vitality's kernel, menus and other things have delays before they open. With this, it's instantaneous.

One pet peeve: Why doesn't "About This Mac" display the correct CPU? "3Ghz Intel Core Duo" is better than "3Ghz unknown," but still. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Sorry. :(

Call me nuts, but this runs A LOT faster than the Vitality kernel as far as boot time and general application loading times. I can load a 10-minute complex song in GarageBand in about 7 seconds flat. Even though I meet all requirements to run the no-NX build of Vitality's kernel, menus and other things have delays before they open. With this, it's instantaneous.

One pet peeve: Why doesn't "About This Mac" display the correct CPU? "3Ghz Intel Core Duo" is better than "3Ghz unknown," but still. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Sorry. :(

No your not nuts,semthex did a rewrite of some major code in the kernel,I will let him explain it.

One pet peeve: Why doesn't "About This Mac" display the correct CPU? "3Ghz Intel Core Duo" is better than "3Ghz unknown," but still. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Sorry. :)

It's all about a correct calculation of clocking. I dunno what you are doing, but I don't think you use either a build witch correct clocking or ... no idea lol. My latest build rusn with a 100% perfect timing and uses other more accurate math to calculate some values without rounding or needed casting. It determains speed of bus etc to ~1Hz correcty and will do everything but never run slower than any unoptimized near to apple source like kernel. Vertified working correctly with a list of cpus and hardware reaching from alaska to suddan...

The CPU thing will be gone in a later build but i am currently to lazy to fix this cause it's not really an number 1 topic on my list but if you are fixed on that, no problem I will fix so you can happy. :-)

Using all 10.4.8 kernels (Semthex, Mifki, DaemondDS), after wakeup all USB devices (mouse, bluetooth, sound) are not reconnected automatically but I can do this manually. I have D945GCZ mobo. With 10.4.4 kernel I had no that problem. Anybody else?

Guest bikedude880
Using all 10.4.8 kernels (Semthex, Mifki, DaemondDS), after wakeup all USB devices (mouse, bluetooth, sound) are not reconnected automatically but I can do this manually. I have D945GCZ mobo. With 10.4.4 kernel I had no that problem. Anybody else?

Yeah, I have that problem also. Not a biggie, but it would be awful convenient :D

semthex, tried new version and still no duo core for "Memrom T5600".

The new version did detect the bus speed correctly at 667.

The only way I could keep from rebooting with cpu=2 was to have vitalization enabled.

It would stay running and with no clock slow downs, but unstable.

I could not open Safari or open any .plist.

I hope the problems with "Memrom's" can be corrected :D

Guest bikedude880

Booted into the new kernel with now problems at all. Checked out "About This Mac" and it displays the correct speed, but incorrect processor (Core Solo instead of Pentium D), though it show up fine in System Profiler. Not a big deal.

Clock runs perfect (even with the proc OC'd to 3.09), both cores are cranking away, and the system is stable as a brick wall.

Cheers semthex! I love donating money to people I have never even met :D

semthex it's the best kernel so far. Everything works, about this mac, restart, safari, nvidia with titan drivers all there with a speed boost. my bench mark was up about 30% than your last kernel. I give the thumbs wayy uppppp

will donate thanx

tried adding the nebu kernel into the new jas 10.4.8 reseed (11-03-06) ...it worked, but wouldn't run... it will start to load darwin, then it'll restart back through my bios, over and over, won't take imput from me... i'm guessing i need more than just the nebu kernel, like some relevant amd kext or something :dev:

looks like i'm stuck waiting for a dvd with both amd sse3 options

forgives me a basic question, but i dont find a new kernel for donwload it

Go to IRC server irc.macspeak.net. and log onto channel #kernel and ask for the link

Click the Chat link in the forum title bar

On the next page, click the "forum" link.

When IRC starts up, click on "Channels" and select "#kernel"

Hey All...

Damn! What a kernel!! Just tried it on a Dell 4700 and was evan able to turn Hyper Threading on with

no auto reboot like last kernel..seems alot more stable. Apps seem to load faster..still testing but looks good!!

SEMTHEX.....YOU ARE THE MAN!!!