NEW VERSION! "nebukadnezar" reloaded AMD + INTEL supported

semthex

165 posts in this topic

I am about to fix the sleep issue, new beta very soon. This version is quite close to final, but a "real" final will be released with the sse2 emulation.

\o/

However, will this emulation be "complete", I mean being able to run iTunes 7 (just a detail, right :blink:)

i stat pro only recognizes one of my cores thats true here

Thsi can be easily solved, look in IRC some guys got it working.

I asked srveral people to test but couldn't find anyone with temprature issues.

Thsi can be easily solved, look in IRC some guys got it working.

I asked srveral people to test but couldn't find anyone with temprature issues.

Hi Semthex.

I have a little overheating with my Hackintosh and id like to know what application i can use to see my processor temp.

If you can help me i´ll be very happy.

This is my Hackintosh configuration:

Intel D915GAV motherboard

Pentium 4 3.2 GHz HT

your latest kernel ( Semthex_Kernel br-rc12 ) working in a fresh 10.4.8 Jas DVD intallation.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

Most relayable would be the one from bios I think. The software just posted seemed to have issue with some pplcomplaining about it messes up OSx somehow... :angel:

Do you know where i can downlad a kext extension " speedit " that run on a hackintosh to see the processor temperature ?

The site of the author not exist anymore...

I can´t download from MacUpdate or VersionTracker...

A WARNIGN ABOUT THIS TOOL MENTIONED: It f***ed up some hacks and ppl having big issues with that on hack, one even f***ed his install. If you need to look up temerature use BIOS, won't cool down that fast you rebooted.

To all others, thanks for the good news :-)

Guys I'm lost! My current system is a 10.4.8 running the first kernel. I'm trying nabukadnezar by pressing F8, and then entering mach_kernel_nab (which is how I renamed it). The problem is that everytime I try this my system freezes right after start. I don't see any error or anything because it stops before the kernel kicks in. I changed the permissions to root wheel. What am I doing wrong?

Hi. I have some problems with the new kernel. I have tried to install new kernel in AMD SSE3 following this guide. I have followed all steps by step, but when I have tried to load the first time i've got this error:

cimg0795largehl2.th.jpg

But if i load in mode -x, all works great, but QE/Ci with TITAN

my config is in my sig

PD: i'm iDavid on IRC

The temperature of both the new kernel and DaemonES is high. In Windows, the idle temp is around 55C and 67C when load, and in OSX86, its 66C idle and 80C load...

btw, for C2D, please use TAT from intel to read temperature(under windows). Other results(from bios or monitor software by Motherboard manufacturer) are not so reliable

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/392/mirrors.php

Guys I'm lost! My current system is a 10.4.8 running the first kernel. I'm trying nabukadnezar by pressing F8, and then entering mach_kernel_nab (which is how I renamed it). The problem is that everytime I try this my system freezes right after start. I don't see any error or anything because it stops before the kernel kicks in. I changed the permissions to root wheel. What am I doing wrong?

After any kernel change you have to repair permissions, if you cant get to desktop, use the install disk :)

Hi. I have some problems with the new kernel. I have tried to install new kernel in AMD SSE3 following this guide. I have followed all steps by step, but when I have tried to load the first time i've got this error:

cimg0795largehl2.th.jpg

But if i load in mode -x, all works great, but QE/Ci with TITAN

my config is in my sig

PD: i'm iDavid on IRC

I'm glad you posted this, as I'm getting the same error.

Our specs are very similar, especially the video card.

Edit: We should have read the FAQ first. Simply delete Geforce.kext.

AS I said, get on IRC and I will give you a step by step guide.

One problem only. I have Nvidia eVGA 7900 GT CO and I am using the NATIT 1.02 driver. With you previous kernel the GUI is super fast! with the latest one from the IRC Xbench went up by 30 point (from 85 to 115 overall) but the GUI is SLOOOOOW compeared to the old kernel.

My CPU is Pentium D 930 OC to 3.8 GHz, 65nm

Any IDEA

Thank you so much for your effort

Semthex the temperature is really a problem, u are right we cant trust the temperature displays under osx (i was ahving 55 in OSX and 26 in bios) TOO diferent...

SO.. is something you and your crew could do about it? a reliable temperature sensor?

Hi there,

did you try http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19994?

The temperature display in some MB(especially Gigabyte S3/DS3...) is unreliable since it reads the onboard sensor instead of the one built in processor and around 20C lower in most cases.

Temperature Monitor, the speedit kext(under OSX) and TAT(under Windows) read the ondie sensor and are much more accurate. But the temp. is still a BIG problem for current kernels, generally around ~10C higher than in Windows, this makes me wondering that, do they turn off idle loop by default?

That's what I am using- Temperature Monitor and its reporting 70C and the bios is reporting 38 - that's 40C difference!!!! ... Hard Drive readings are accurate.

Edit: I'm going out to purchase a real sensor, arctic silver 5 or whatever's the latest and some coolers for the chipset and cpu. Will report back... 70 is simply unacceptable.

Cheerio